or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iOS 6.1 General Settings>>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync>>> help !

iOS 6.1 General Settings>>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync>>> help !

post #1 of 5

HI,

Situation:

in General Settings>>  iTunes Wi-Fi Sync .. my phone shows an old computer only.   My iPad shows both the new MacBook Pro and the old computer. 

Question:  How do I get rid of the old computer in the sync option of the phone and iPad and how do I get the NEW MacBook to show as a Wi-Fi Sync option in the phone?

running iOS 6.1 and the newest version of iTunes

Be gentle, i'm dumb.   Thanks in advance for your kind help.

post #2 of 5

Turn the feature off or on, respectively, in the right locations.

Part 2 here.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply and instructional link.

Sadly, This does not help. I don't think I explained the problem correctly.

Here goes:
All devices sync via iCloud without difficulty.
My phone will only show an old computer in the General Settings>>Wi-Fi Sync menu
How do I get rid of that and have the correct computer to show as the sync option???

Ya, idiot here :-)
post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by bwade View Post
My phone will only show an old computer in the General Settings>>Wi-Fi Sync menu

On the old computer, does it appear in the sidebar in iTunes? When you click it, and that screen comes up, do you see this part? Is the tickbox checked?

post #5 of 5

Hi, thanks again for your reply.

I double checked the old computer iTunes and both the iPhone and iPad do not have that box ticked.   They both did but I removed that setting and "applied" the new setting without the box ticked.

I've double checked the new Macbook and iTunes is set correctly for 'wi-fi sync' but it still does not recognize the phone...... the iPad works perfectly This is really strange.

still stumped

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › iOS 6.1 General Settings>>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync>>> help !