or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Kindle Fire & Android gain, but Apple's iPad holds commanding 81% tablet share
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kindle Fire & Android gain, but Apple's iPad holds commanding 81% tablet share

post #1 of 59
Thread Starter 
Amazon's Kindle Fire ? and, to a lesser extent, Android tablets ? saw continued usage share growth after the holidays, according to a new report, but Apple's iPads remained the overwhelming tablet leader, with more than 80 percent of active users in the market.

The new figures representing North American tablet data come from ad network Chitika's research arm, Chitika Insights. Chitika found that all of Apple's iPads accounted for 81 percent of tablet web traffic in the United States and Canada in January of 2013.

A distant second to the iPad was Amazon's Kindle Fire at 7.78 percent, running Amazon's own forked version of Google's Android operating system. That is up 3.53 percent from the 4.25 percent share Chitika measured for the month of December, and more than double the 3.57 percent share for November.

Chitika Tablet Market


The Kindle Fire was followed by Samsung's Android-based Galaxy tablets at 3.9 percent, up from 2.65 percent in December. Google's Nexus tablets rose from 1.06 percent in December to 1.7 percent of traffic in January, while Barnes & Noble's Nook held 1.1 percent of January traffic. No other manufacturer topped the one percent mark.

Despite the overwhelming lead in the tablet market, Chitika's newest figures do indicate an overall downward trend in Apple's tablet traffic share. A similar analysis in May of 2012 saw the iPad taking 95 percent of all tablet web traffic, and as recently as November the iPad had an 88 percent share. The trend in this most recent report could see the iPad dropping below 80 percent some time early in February.

iPad Market Share Trend


A Chitika report in January saw iPad web traffic share dipping as low as 78.86 percent in the post-holiday period, though this most recent report's figures seem to indicate that that may have been due to new non-iPad tablet owners using their devices at a higher rate during the holiday.

A methodology report accompanying the new traffic figures points out that the post-Christmas (Dec. 25 trough 27) traffic share jump for Amazon's Kindle Fire was larger than expected, as well as that the drop in share for the iPad was larger than expected. The report points to the Kindle Fire's strong performance as possibly the most notable aspect of the figures.

The numbers came from an analysis of web traffic from Jan. 19 through 25, 2013. Chitika compared that data against historical data starting Dec. 21. Chitika draws its figures from the billions of advertisements it serves globally per month.
post #2 of 59

And that's where Android's market share is higher (just like some of you say).

 

Imagine worldwide.

post #3 of 59
People may buy Android tablets, but they probably don't spend hardly any time using them.
post #4 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

People may buy Android tablets, but they probably don't spend hardly any time using them.

Isn't this study based on ad networks and web browsing? Maybe people are buying all these tablets to read Kindle books.

I can't imagine people spending multi-hundreds of dollars on a piece of electronics... to just have it sit in a drawer.

(actually I can)
post #5 of 59

Amazon's winning!

For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
post #6 of 59

There are no apps for Android tablets.  It is essentially a Galaxy Note on steroid.  People gives gifts to kids to read books and play games.  They want a better machine for themselves.  If a person truly makes use of the tablet, a $100+ premium spread over a number of months is really not a price too high to pay.  People paid $300 for an iPad 6-7 years ago too.      

post #7 of 59

Anyone want to take a guess on when Apple's tablet share (usage) drops under 50%?  I'll take April 2014.   Under 25%?  I'm taking May 2015.  With the bulk of the market existing at the low priced end it is inevitable that the share will shift to Android based tablets at some point and follow the same trajectory as iPhone did in their loss.

 

The only thing that would stem share is a tablet from apple very close to the sub $200 price point and soon sub 150 price point on android. since Tim Cook said they have no intention or desire to play in that end of the market the conclusion for share leader is inevitable and it of course won't be apple.  That said Apple does not care and is willing to accept this.

post #8 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

People may buy Android tablets, but they probably don't spend hardly any time using them.

I see people using Kindle Fires on the subway, but they almost never are watching a movie or listening to music. My bet is they have synched books over Wifi at home and use them primarily for reading. My bet is that the Fire really is being used no differently than the original e-ink Kindles.

For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
post #9 of 59
Apple's share of total traffic may be slipping a little, but if you look at the big picture, they have more than you think. When Apple was at 95%... 95% represented like 10 million tablets. Now 85% represents like 100 million tablets.

Noone can argue that Apple has officially changed the game. When the iPad first came out, all the tech pundits called it a toy and an oversized iPod. When the iPad was an official hit, all the tech pundits said Android would soon take it down. When the Android tablets didn't take it down, and Apple's iPad sold 20 million in one quarter, they said WP8 will be the silver bullet. And now it's losing total internet traffic percentage. There's going to be one article after another that says the iPad is yesterdays news, and that the profit margin is falling, the growth is curbing.. it will never stop. I'd like to see an article that states the obvious - the incredibly daunting task of changing the computer industry has begun, and that 100% of future personal computers are taking a 180 degree turn thanks to the incredible success and vision of Apple's iPad.
post #10 of 59
And this in spite of concerted efforts by retailers to push the iOS stuff off to the side. I walked into the local Best Buy and was bombarded by all things Samsung. There was a huge Samsung Galaxy display as you walked in the door. Other Android brands dominated the area. The iPhone display was much farther back and off to the side. You actually had to look for the iPhone display. Same went for the tablet section. As I walked back toward the tablet section I was overwhelmed by the front and center Kindle, Samsung, Surface RT, Asus displays. The iPad/Mac section was in the back, again off to the side. Just like in the old days.

As anti-Apple as the big retailers are it makes this report even more astonishing. People must actually fight their way in to buy an Apple product. First they must get past all the competitor displays. Than they have to get past the basement nerd sales drones going on about Android and Windows RT. Simply amazing.
post #11 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post

Anyone want to take a guess on when Apple's tablet share (usage) drops under 50%?  I'll take April 2014.   Under 25%?  I'm taking May 2015.  With the bulk of the market existing at the low priced end it is inevitable that the share will shift to Android based tablets at some point and follow the same trajectory as iPhone did in their loss.

 

The only thing that would stem share is a tablet from apple very close to the sub $200 price point and soon sub 150 price point on android. since Tim Cook said they have no intention or desire to play in that end of the market the conclusion for share leader is inevitable and it of course won't be apple.  That said Apple does not care and is willing to accept this.

What you are missing is that not everyone is equally price sensitive. There are literally hundreds of millions of people who can easily afford iPads. Many tens of millions have already bought at least one. For some people, many people, the difference between $200 and $400 literally is negligible. In any event, there is plenty of room in the market for those who want to spend the least even if it means purchasing a gimped device and for buyers who will pay much more for a full-featured and well-constructed tablet with a secure, and well-curated ecosystem of apps and accessories. 

For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
For your sake, I hope you're right.
Reply
post #12 of 59
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Anyone want to take a guess on when Apple's tablet share (usage) drops under 50%?  I'll take April 2014.   Under 25%?  I'm taking May 2015.

 

Please, slapppy, go away. You have zero comprehension of the sheer volume of units that would need to be shipped (not sold; I'll give you an easy infinity to jump) for this to happen. It's physically impossible.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #13 of 59
I find the dip on Christmas day interesting. It seems to support the notion that people who get a Kindle Fire or the like will play with it a lot for a short time, after which their use drops off greatly, while people who receive iPads obviously continue to use them a lot.

Kindle Fire people might be using the tablet for reading after that initial surge of web use, but if so, doesn't that even more strongly condemn the Fire as an attractive competitor to the iPad?

The overall downtrend for iPad doesn't concern me since, as others have noted, it is just slightly less dominant but in a much larger market.
post #14 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdofny View Post

There are no apps for Android tablets.  It is essentially a Galaxy Note on steroid.

Your comment made me think of something from another thread. What if the interest in the larger Android-based phones isn't because they are larger phones (at one point the anti-Apple camp said the iPhone was too big) but instead because it's the closet thing they can get to a tablet while still having apps that are designed for the resolution? If there were good Android-based tablets that competed well with the iPad would their customers instead buy a more reasonably sized phone and tablet instead of a huge phone sans tablet?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #15 of 59

Bear in mind that Chitika is not reporting overall web traffic.  

 

They're only reporting their ad impressions.   In other words, who sees their ads on the 250K web sites and blogs (Chitika is popular on those) that they serve.

 

That might, or might not, relate to other web traffic, especially globally.

 

Heck, someone reading this forum probably wouldn't show up in Chitika's stats, since this site appears to mostly use the Google ad network.  (Correction  welcome, mods.)

 

Still, it's no surprise that in Chitika's home area of North America, the iPad sees more of their ads.  Even families with Android based readers often also have an iPad.   And the cheaper Android tablets are often given to children, who use them for games, or video viewing, not web surfing.

post #16 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Even families with Android based readers often also have an iPad.

True. The less expensive Android tablets for the young children and iPads for the parents. Kids don't surf the web, they play games.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #17 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post

Anyone want to take a guess on when Apple's tablet share (usage) drops under 50%?  I'll take April 2014.   Under 25%?  I'm taking May 2015.  With the bulk of the market existing at the low priced end it is inevitable that the share will shift to Android based tablets at some point and follow the same trajectory as iPhone did in their loss.

The only thing that would stem share is a tablet from apple very close to the sub $200 price point and soon sub 150 price point on android. since Tim Cook said they have no intention or desire to play in that end of the market the conclusion for share leader is inevitable and it of course won't be apple.  That said Apple does not care and is willing to accept this.
The iPhone is still a higher utilized device compared to Android. Even with the shipment number differences. What makes you think Android tablets, after 2.5 years of failure, will suddenly start being used in the next 12 months?
post #18 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post


The iPhone is still a higher utilized device compared to Android. Even with the shipment number differences. What makes you think Android tablets, after 2.5 years of failure, will suddenly start being used in the next 12 months?

If you mean apps, you could be correct. If you mean worldwide web usage a recent article here at AI pegged Android phones at nearly 40% of all mobile web traffic, with iOS (iPhones and iPods) dropping to around 25% from 27% the previous year IIRC.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #19 of 59
@rsdophny
Quote:
There are no apps for Android tablets. It is essentially a Galaxy Note on steroid. People gives gifts to kids to read books and play games. They want a better machine for themselves. If a person truly makes use of the tablet, a $100 premium spread over a number of months is really not a price too high to pay. People paid $300 for an iPad 6-7 years ago too.

No apps for Android tablets? I'm guessing you have never seen an Android tablet.

And can you show me an iPad from 6-7 years ago? Maybe you were working in Apples super secret skunkworks factory with Jony Ivey? Cause that was the only place they existed. Your knowledge of any tablet on the market seems to be lacking.
post #20 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetCanada View Post

Fandroids have been saying this for years. Oh no, Android tablets are so much cheaper, Apple is doomed. Yet consumers overwhelmingly still want iPads year after year.

 

I agree that people like iPads.  However, again, this type of report is almost useless to figure out relative number of sales.

 

We could take Android totally out of the equation, and Chitika's past reports would show that iPads see several times as many of their ads as iPhones do, for example.   Yet the number of iPhones sold greatly outnumbers iPads.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

The iPhone is still a higher utilized device compared to Android. Even with the shipment number differences. What makes you think Android tablets, after 2.5 years of failure, will suddenly start being used in the next 12 months?

 

Don't mix phones and tablets.  This is only about tablets.

 

As pointed out many times, the SAME sources say that phone usage is equivalent.    For example, dig into the most recent Chitika report headlined "Apple iOS Users Consume Growing Amount of Web Traffic", and you'll see this comment:

 

 "While third-party and our own observations have pegged smartphone Web traffic share as a near-tie, Apple has a decided advantage in the tablet market, where its iPad is unquestionably the hottest seller in the sector.  This advantage is the largest contributing factor to Apple’s lead over Android."

 

Of course, casual news readers never see that part.  Reporters tend to leave it out.

post #21 of 59
First off, thank goodness for Apple retail stores. Smartly, Apple realized a long time ago they could never depend on what are basically "warehouse" retailers.

Second off, I think it's very telling to look at the long list of tablets behind Apple on that chart. It reads like a obituary of all the so-called iPad killers %u2013 remember the Motorolla Xoom? HA.

Third off, who wants to guess how long before Samsung launches commercials portraying iPad users as drones waiting in lines?
post #22 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuselppa View Post

@rsdophny
No apps for Android tablets? I'm guessing you have never seen an Android tablet.
 

 

 

Yeah, it makes me laugh every time I read something on here from the dedicated Apple users and Android haters about what the platform or devices can or cannot do. The people that say they would never touch an android device or even acknowledge its existence. I am sure they are well educated on the subject matter and certainly have no bias.

post #23 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatWombat View Post

Furthermore, based on the recent China iPad mini release, there aren't lines for iPads that Samsung can mock. Kind of hard to make a joke when there wasn't even a line for the iPad Mini release in China.

 

Of course, that was because they instituted a reservation system that got rid of lines in China.

post #24 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Bear in mind that Chitika is not reporting overall web traffic.  

 

They're only reporting their ad impressions.   In other words, who sees their ads on the 250K web sites and blogs (Chitika is popular on those) that they serve.

 

That might, or might not, relate to other web traffic, especially globally.

 

Heck, someone reading this forum probably wouldn't show up in Chitika's stats, since this site appears to mostly use the Google ad network.  (Correction  welcome, mods.)

 

Still, it's no surprise that in Chitika's home area of North America, the iPad sees more of their ads.  Even families with Android based readers often also have an iPad.   And the cheaper Android tablets are often given to children, who use them for games, or video viewing, not web surfing.

Are they counting "repeats"? In other words, if I click on certain ads repeatedly or on different days, would that be counted as one impression? What about same ad but on different days?

post #25 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdofny View Post

There are no apps for Android tablets.  It is essentially a Galaxy Note on steroid.  People gives gifts to kids to read books and play games.  They want a better machine for themselves.  If a person truly makes use of the tablet, a $100+ premium spread over a number of months is really not a price too high to pay.  People paid $300 for an iPad 6-7 years ago too.      

Yes there are, and the iPad is less than 3 yrs old.
Edited by dasanman69 - 2/5/13 at 2:58pm
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #26 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

If you mean apps, you could be correct. If you mean worldwide web usage a recent article here at AI pegged Android phones at nearly 40% of all mobile web traffic, with iOS (iPhones and iPods) dropping to around 25% from 27% the previous year IIRC.

 

Oh God, not this again! You're like a broken record.

 

Did you read the post you are replying to?


Originally Posted by Steven N.

The iPhone is still a higher utilized device compared to Android...........

 

Android phones must be getting close to 3 times the installed base of iPhone. That's 200% more!

Why is Android's mobile web share not 200% more than iPhone?

 

That's the whole point of these circular arguments. We know that there are many more Android devices out there. According to IDC, Gartner et all, hundreds of millions more. 

 

Yet in survey after survey Apple's mobile products are either beating Android (dev dollars, ad impressions) or holding a disproportionately large share (web use).

post #27 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

 

Oh God, not this again! You're like a broken record.

 

Did you read the post you are replying to?


Originally Posted by Steven N.

The iPhone is still a higher utilized device compared to Android...........

 

Android phones must be getting close to 3 times the installed base of iPhone. That's 200% more!

Why is Android's mobile web share not 200% more than iPhone?

 

That's the whole point of these circular arguments. We know that there are many more Android devices out there. According to IDC, Gartner et all, hundreds of millions more. 

 

Yet in survey after survey Apple's mobile products are either beating Android (dev dollars, ad impressions) or holding a disproportionately large share (web use).

According to the StatCounter charts (AI mentioned it yesterday) Android's web usage is well ahead of those using iPhones/iPods. I believe it addresses Steven N.'s post quite well. I've no idea what you're taking issue with. You've way over-exaggerated Android's installed base compared to iOS haven't you? 

http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_os-ww-monthly-201201-201301

 

By the way I didn't recall correctly when I thought I remembered iOS share going down. It did not. It just isn't rising as fast as Android's web use share for smartphones and other smaller devices, which excludes tablets.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #28 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Bear in mind that Chitika is not reporting overall web traffic.  

They're only reporting their ad impressions.   In other words, who sees their ads on the 250K web sites and blogs (Chitika is popular on those) that they serve.


That might, or might not, relate to other web traffic, especially globally.

I don't think it has a bearing on global traffic. Consider just one major source of bias. Apple has its own iAds program which only works on iOS devices. Since iAds is only on one platform, if it captures any share at all, it reduces the number of ad impressions on the other ad networks Chikita, Google, etc).
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #29 of 59
I guess I'm the only one typing this on a Nexus 7 haha! This really is no surprise, the iPad has been out for years now and the full sized iPad is the best full sized tablet out there. I've never used a Nexus 10 so I can't compare that to the current iPad. I'm looking forward to the rumored thinner and lighter iPad that's suppose to come out sometime this year. Also a retina quality iPad mini is promising too.
post #30 of 59

I hope it stays the same because it's rightly so. So sick of the so called ipad killers. I have a nexus 7 and it freaking sucks. I have a video on my youtube channel showing how laggy it is just to scroll between the apps. Saving and waiting for the ipad mini retina display.

post #31 of 59
Now that the iPad mini is available, it will likely reverse the trend. On a recent flight I was interested to see more minis than small Android devices. The large iPad was still dominate, and no one had a large Android device. Once the retina mini is introduced at $329 and the original mini drops in price (probably in the $259 to $279 range), it will be even more dominate. Combining that with a new lighter and thinner iPad 5, I can see Apple's tablet share rising.
post #32 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I don't think it has a bearing on global traffic. Consider just one major source of bias. Apple has its own iAds program which only works on iOS devices. Since iAds is only on one platform, if it captures any share at all, it reduces the number of ad impressions on the other ad networks Chikita, Google, etc).

 

Good thought in general, JR, but in this case they're totally different usage scenarios:

 

iAds is only for apps.  Chitika is only for websites.   One does not affect impressions of the other.

post #33 of 59

Coworker bought a Kindle Fire for his wife and she doesn't use it.

 

I bought an Archos tablet and used it for awhile, but it was pretty crappy. This was about 2 or 3 years ago.

 

Another coworker uses his Kindle Fire for consumption.

 

My Archos went in a closet and I got an iPad (refurbished). Then the Archos battery bloated and destroy the Archos. The Archos was okay for reading. There were very few apps useful on it. I could not access the Google store. The screen was like reading on an old paperback. 

post #34 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Even families with Android based readers often also have an iPad.   And the cheaper Android tablets are often given to children, who use them for games, or video viewing, not web surfing.

You know this how? Care to provide a cite? Or are you simply making stuff up based on anecdotal evidence?
post #35 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest01 View Post

I guess I'm the only one typing this on a Nexus 7 haha! This really is no surprise, the iPad has been out for years now and the full sized iPad is the best full sized tablet out there. I've never used a Nexus 10 so I can't compare that to the current iPad. I'm looking forward to the rumored thinner and lighter iPad that's suppose to come out sometime this year. Also a retina quality iPad mini is promising too.

Hello?
post #36 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


You know this how? Care to provide a cite? Or are you simply making stuff up based on anecdotal evidence?

Desperate to find things to argue about aren't you? I think there was even an article here at AI along those lines sometime back. Here's an older one to prove the comment wasn't simply made up.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/01/18/ipad-and-kindle-live-in-harmony/

 

The Kindle and iPad initially seemed to be similar devices, but after twelve months of usage, most have found they are very different. In fact the two devices are so contrasting that according to a JP Morgan survey, 40 percent of iPad owners also own a Kindle, and 23 percent of iPad owners plan to purchase a Kindle this year.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #37 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Desperate to find things to argue about aren't you? I think there was even an article here at AI along those lines sometime back. Here's an older one to prove the comment wasn't simply made up.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/01/18/ipad-and-kindle-live-in-harmony/

The Kindle and iPad initially seemed to be similar devices, but after twelve months of usage, most have found they are very different. In fact the two devices are so contrasting that according to a JP Morgan survey
, 40 percent of iPad owners
 also own a Kindle, and 23 percent of iPad owners plan to purchase a Kindle this year.

Data from nine months after the release of the iPad? From Technobuffalo? What's that, your cousin's blog? How desperate are you Androiders for some -- any -- tablet legitimacy? ROTFLMAO.
post #38 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


Data from nine months after the release of the iPad? From Technobuffalo? What's that, your cousin's blog? How desperate are you Androiders for some -- any -- tablet legitimacy? ROTFLMAO.

You implied that any suggestion that iPad owners might also have a Kindle were made up. Obviously it wasn't. 

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #39 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Desperate to find things to argue about aren't you? I think there was even an article here at AI along those lines sometime back. Here's an older one to prove the comment wasn't simply made up.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2011/01/18/ipad-and-kindle-live-in-harmony/

The Kindle and iPad initially seemed to be similar devices, but after twelve months of usage, most have found they are very different. In fact the two devices are so contrasting that according to a JP Morgan survey
, 40 percent of iPad owners
also own a Kindle, and 23 percent of iPad owners plan to purchase a Kindle this year.

The kindle mentioned in your cite is not the tablet fire version as it was not even released yet. Are you saying e-readers like the mentioned amazon e-ink are/should be included in results?

As I said in previous thread, there has not been any indication of Android tablets being used only as e-readers which is what kdarling keeps suggesting but without real evidence, only anecdotal. Evidence suggest more the difference in sales compared to iPad.

In fact there has been plenty evidence users are not purchasing content. So where do people access all the content to put into their android 'e-readers'? My own 'anecdotal' evidence suggests they pirate them.

Inspiration begins with google

Reply

Inspiration begins with google

Reply
post #40 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

You implied that any suggestion that iPad owners might also have a Kindle were made up. Obviously it wasn't. 

Your 'evidence' to back it up certainly look made up. And irrelevant.

Look, I can totally understand you people wanting to gain some legitimacy and traction for your tablets. It may be happening, for all we know. But I have not seen it in any credible data, nor have you. Give it up, for now. Come back when you have actual data. (Of course, if companies like Samsung put out shipments/channel numbers, we'll know. But they don't, do they? As a result, their minions have to get on boards like these and dissemble or obfuscate).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Kindle Fire & Android gain, but Apple's iPad holds commanding 81% tablet share
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Kindle Fire & Android gain, but Apple's iPad holds commanding 81% tablet share