or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple planning 'iPhone 5S' and new 5-inch 'iPhone 6' for 2013

Rumor: Apple planning 'iPhone 5S' and new 5-inch 'iPhone 6' for 2013 - Page 4

post #121 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Thanks for proving my point.

Your point, which I quoted in originally quoted and addressed in full and will do so a 2nd time is, "Unlike the iPhone, Apply only sells one generation of new iPod touch at a time." Whatever other discussion you have going on I did neither read not addressed. If you wanted to make sure your comment was tied to other comments then you shouldn't be so lazy with your writing as to exclude them in subsequent posts.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #122 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Your point, which I quoted in originally quoted and addressed in full and will do so a 2nd time is, "Unlike the iPhone, Apply only sells one generation of new iPod touch at a time." 

Yep, and I acknowledged your correction by posting the two models in question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So tell me which iPad is newer. iPad 2 sounds newer. However if there were no numbers, you'd go off of capability. Seems pretty simple to me.

That's a good point about their naming.  The customer would have to know what "retina" is, and why it's worth having over the "2".   Or they could just go by the fact that it's more expensive.

Like I said, I'm in favor of using the same name each year...  that's why I brought up how silly that mere numeric naming might sound decades from now...  as long as there's only one model available at a time.

Then the question becomes, how do you sell such items easily on Craigslist or eBay?   The answer is, I think that people will come up with nicknames anyway to save time and words.   They might use just the year, or they might add the generation.

post #123 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Like I said, I'm in favor of using the same name each year...  that's why I brought up how silly that mere numeric naming might sound decades from now...  as long as there's only one model available at a time.

Then the question becomes, how do you sell such items easily on Craigslist or eBay?   The answer is, I think that people will come up with nicknames anyway to save time and words.   They might use just the year, or they might add the generation.

I think Retina is marketed well enough as well there being enough clues about the device to inform the customer which one is more expensive. Could it be any easier? I don't think so.

post #124 of 127
I enjoy using my ipad3, but cannot utilize things like iCloud and keep the same apps on my phone. Why? Being apple has not release an iPhone with a display similar to a galaxy II or newer. So I'm on both sides of the fence iOS vs android. Apple come lets get with it, I need the large display (and I'm ready to pay) LOL.
post #125 of 127
Originally Posted by ipadandriod View Post
I enjoy using my ipad3, but cannot utilize things like iCloud and keep the same apps on my phone. Why? Being apple has not release an iPhone with a display similar to a galaxy II or newer.

Right, and why would they when the existing displays are better?

Except that has nothing to do with iCloud or apps…1confused.gif

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #126 of 127

I think Apple could pull off three new phones this year.

1. A lower end plastic phone for emerging markets and cheap entry into iOS.
2. An iPhone 5S with the same design and upgraded internals
3. A new "experimental" iPhone with a 4.7"+ screen and more memory standard. 

How Apple introduced the Macbook Pro Retina is how I think they would introduce this bigger phone. It will be experimental the way that laptop was, while still keeping themselves mostly grounded in the 5S as their go-to phone for anyone not willing to play along just yet.

I've been an Apple fan/user for about 15 year now. But I'm not drinking the kool-aid. If someone builds a better product, I'll buy that instead. For the last year now I've been really looking at the bigger phones and I want one. So much so that if Apple doesn't build one by September, I'm jumping ship. I almost jumped ship last Feburary when I got my 4S, but Android wasn't quite up to par. Now it is and the hardware is great too. I also have buddy that is an iphone user who is looking to jump to a galaxy as well. I have another buddy who bought his first smart phone last months (Galaxy S3) because of the screen. Apple can no longer pretend that big screen phones don't exist, nor can it be all full of itself in believing it has the perfect design anymore. It doesn't. It has just one of many designs. 

I'm also tired of looking at the same grid of icons I've been looking at for the last four years. I need something new for the sake of change. Argue about utility all you want, If I'm going to spend $200-300 on a new phone this year I want something that feels new. Give me widgets or tiles or whatever, I don't care. Just something with a little more flexibility and style.

I think Apple is going to lose a lot of people this year (myself included) if it brings out only a 5S with a new processor and camera. They really need to push into new ground this year.   

post #127 of 127
Originally Posted by ApplePi View Post

For the last year now I've been really looking at the bigger phones and I want one. So much so that if Apple doesn't build one by September, I'm jumping ship.

Bon voyage.

Apple can no longer pretend that big screen phones don't exist…

Never have they believed that.

…nor can it be all full of itself in believing it has the perfect design anymore. 

Never have they claimed that.

I'm also tired of looking at the same grid of icons I've been looking at for the last four years.

Blah blah stale blah blah grid blah blah I have absolutely no idea what good design entails…

I need something new for the sake of change.  

No, you don't. But PLEASE buy something else then and save us from your uneducated whining.

I think Apple is going to lose a lot of people this year (myself included) if it brings out only a 5S with a new processor and camera. They really need to push into new ground this year.

Why?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple planning 'iPhone 5S' and new 5-inch 'iPhone 6' for 2013