or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung - Page 2

post #41 of 100

I'm glad at least we have one person in the Apple camp who disagreed with Jobs and his tendencies to take things personally. 

 

This is about business, afterall, not about life styles. Leave those to the fanboys who just love to debate nonsense online with no progress. 

 

This just proves that Apple's relationship with Samsung was critical (in the words of Cook) to Apple's survival and its business. 

 

Samsung, on the other hand, didnt quite need Apple as much as they needed Samsung. 

 

Look at all the recent retooling and extra capital that Apple is spending just to keep its capacity up to Samsung's level. 

 

Having to spend capital just to prop up a supplier's capacity is a pathetic method of doing business. It's like paying Best Buy extra money just to get good customer service from them ( never happening). 

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #42 of 100
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post
Maybe karma sucks, and Apple should consider writing Xerox a huge check for 30 years worth of unlicensed use of their IP.

 

If anyone reading this forum, user or otherwise, wasn't yet convinced that you're a troll account, this should solve that problem.

 

See, geekdad? I'm now starting to leave stupidity, even though it damages the speaker.


Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
wow...some idiots would rather delete posts that makes them look foolish......then deny it.....so you admit to deleting my posts? Because why?

 

Classy. Insulting me and then asking questions to which you already have the answer, while lying about topics on which you already know the truth.

 

Let me know if you have an actual argument. And really, feel free to post again what I deleted. You'll wind up looking like Cash up there.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #43 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

If anyone reading this forum, user or otherwise, wasn't yet convinced that you're a troll account, this should solve that problem.

 

See, geekdad? I'm now starting to leave stupidity, even though it damages the speaker.

 

Classy. Insulting me and then asking questions to which you already have the answer, while lying about topics on which you already know the truth.

 

Let me know if you have an actual argument. And really, feel free to post again what I deleted. You'll wind up looking like Cash up there.


lol...so mister Moderator un delete what i posted! Let everyone else decide if it should have been deleted! It was only deleted because it disputed what you posted and also brought how you have a history of making false statements and presenting them as facts.

So post it here and everyone decide! The 2 posts you deleted were not offensive nor do they violate forums rules.....you just don't like them.

You are out of control! You deleted my posts with no notification. you deleted it because you just disagreed with it. So repost my post unedited! Let just see out in public why it was deleted......cmon....

or are you going to ban me because I called you on it????

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #44 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Maybe karma sucks, and Apple should consider writing Xerox a huge check for 30 years worth of unlicensed use of their IP.


Groan. Such basic ignorance.

Off to the New York Times tech pages with you....
post #45 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


Groan. Such basic ignorance.

Off to the New York Times tech pages with you....

Are you referring to their tech writer David Pogue? I've always thought of him as pretty Apple-friendly, and I think a lot of Apple fans would agree.

 

But as far as the OP's comment, I agree with you it's not really accurate. 

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #46 of 100

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 7/5/13 at 3:22pm
post #47 of 100

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 7/5/13 at 3:22pm
post #48 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


Groan. Such basic ignorance.

Off to the New York Times tech pages with you....

Are you referring to their tech writer David Pogue? I've always thought of him as pretty Apple-friendly, and I think a lot of Apple fans would agree.

 

But as far as the OP's comment, I agree with you it's not really accurate. 

No, the Bits blog. (Yes, should have clarified, Pogue is extremely knowledgeable and hard-working).

post #49 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

The only consistency is that double-standards pretty much define most conversations here. ;)

Just speaking for myself, I will readily admit to having double-standards with trolls and Androiders, because they annoy me.

 

Life is too short for cognitive dissonance.

post #50 of 100
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post
Citation needed.

 

If you had finished reading my post, you wouldn't have need to ask this.


Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
Let everyone else decide if it should have been deleted!

 

That's not how it works.


It was only deleted because it disputed what you posted…

 

Once again, this is not the reason.


Let just see out in public why it was deleted......cmon....

 

Okay. This'll be fun. This is the part of your post that made me delete it:


EVERYONE knows there is NO negative press at Apple.......you know it too! So if there is soooo much negativity about Apple....it really hurts their bottom line huh? they are really hurting to make money huh? can you address that? they are the most highly profitable companies in the world selling products amid all that negativity huh? Yeah right! If Apple has all this negative press show me some!

 

Here is proof that this statement is so mind-bogglingly vacuous that it should never have been posted in the first place. These are all pulled from between the iPhone announcement and January 1, 2013. If you want to ignore all these and claim you were only talking about pre-iPhone, post-Jobs'-return Apple, I'm sure I can find at least one from that timeframe, as well.

 

Opinion pieces pitched as having "overarching agreement"

http://bgr.com/2009/06/23/apple-iphone-3gs-branding-megafail/

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2008-09-10/apple-event-fails-to-dazzlebusinessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2141817/apple-losing-mobile-internet-market-share

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2008/09/09/apple-fails-to-wow-wall-street/

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/12/28/tech.fails.year/index.html

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/23744

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1005443/investors-lose-faith-apple

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/07/14/apple.iphone4.problems/index.html

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2010/07/18/apple-finally-buries-its-original-spirit-and-moves-on/

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/business/ieconomy-apples-ipad-and-the-human-costs-for-workers-in-china.html?_r=3&ref=technology&pagewanted=all&

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=55829&PageMem=3

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/10-Reasons-Why-the-iPad-Would-Fail-Without-the-Apple-Logo-428320/

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aRelVKWbMAv0

http://www.wired.com/business/2010/09/5-reasons-apple-tv-is-still-boring/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/nov/07/peak-apple

 

Opinion pieces pitched as opinions

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2010/02/06/1821s548398.htm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2012/10/01/after-30-billion-mistake-can-tim-cook-manage-apple/

http://thestir.cafemom.com/technology/120324/iphone_4s_may_launch_in

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9019320/ITunes_video_Apple_TV_dead_ends_claims_researcher?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2012/12/05/seven-reasons-why-i-wouldnt-own-apple-stock-now/

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/WEEKEND-READ-Is-something-rotten-at-Apple-HXFDX?OpenDocument&src=sph

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16066/apple_cloud

http://www.internetnews.com/commentary/article.php/3808871/Apples+Epic+EBook+Fail.htm

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2038474/dell-claims-apple-ultimately-fail-ipad

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/06/iphone-apple-china-leadership-managing-failure.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/IndustryInfo/story?id=3566023&page=1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/2013/01/22/with-apple-profit-falling-board-should-replace-tim-cook-with-jony-ive/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/01/28/apple-at-270/

http://business.time.com/2012/08/03/is-apple-losing-its-shine-after-steve-jobs/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2012/10/12/for-some-apple-map-app-fail-a-crisis-not-a-joke/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forrester/2012/10/01/will-the-apple-maps-experience-destroy-the-apple-brand/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-passing-will-apple-lose-its-magic-with-creative-spark-gone.html

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/comment/apple-ipad-a-step-too-far-6281

http://asia.cnet.com/is-apple-in-danger-of-losing-its-following-62032662.htm

http://bgr.com/2011/10/05/apples-fall-from-grace/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/187356/apple_tablet_old_media.html

http://www.informationweek.com/hardware/handheld/iphone-4-dazzles-disappoints/225600005

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/244181

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-iphone-starting-look-dull-153052250.html

 

Don't fit into either of the other categories but do disprove your statement

http://www.datamation.com/mowi/article.php/3856941/How-the-Apple-Tablet-Could-Fail.htm

http://www.chron.com/business/technology/article/Some-wonder-if-iPhone-will-fail-to-meet-the-hype-1672417.php

http://www.forbes.com/sites/velocity/2010/01/20/5-ways-to-screw-apples-slate-up/

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/iPhone-5-10-Reasons-Apples-Smartphone-May-Disappoint-Fans-847414/

 

Trolls being paid to write stuff they may or may not actually believe

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/01/nicht-sehr-schoen/

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-short-term-winner-long-term-loser-2010-8

Anything by the Inquirer.

 

This is but a fraction of the articles written that put Apple in a bad light. Even note some of the verbiage. Some of them actually use troll phrases. "Toys", "innovate, don't litigate", and even the old standby, "Jesus phone". "Apple Is Doomed" is actually a serious theme of one of these. 

 

I consciously left out articles talking about "Apple failed to such-and-such" when stocks were involved. We all know that Apple has failed to such and such with their stock since before the stock market existed. lol.gif

 

So this total nonsense of "everyone knows there is no negative press for Apple"? I thought it was trolling. It was a baiting post. So congratu-fricking-lations, I took that bait. Unfortunately for you, there wasn't a boat in the world big enough to hold the shark that sprang into your lap. Your post was deleted because we shouldn't have to deal with seeing this crap day in and day out. Everyone already knows the Anti-Apple Brigade's position on everything. It doesn't need to be here at all if you don't have any new discussion to back it.

 

Do I disagree with your statement? Absolutely. Had you pitched it with conditions, however, that would be different. There was a time when you'd have to really look to find an anti-Apple piece, and then it would be built a statement from a competitor. But not anymore. I'd actually like to know the proportion of pro- to anti-Apple articles over the last, oh… let's say ten years. That would be interesting to see. Certainly you'd see a massive proportion of pro in the first five, but at roughly the halfway point, anti-Apple articles start to grow until the amount right now. I see them in even greater numbers, growing until roughly six months after the first new revolutionary product under Cook's management. There will always be positive press about Apple. Hopefully the positive starts to push back against the negative in the future. But to suggest there is no negative press about Apple as you have? Abject nonsense. 

 

If you'll excuse me, reading all that crap has given me a headache. I'm going to lie down with my iPad and write another chapter of alternate history. Because contrary to the belief of some of those articles (and the current beliefs of even some of the people here), the iPad wasn't DOA (and can be used for real work).


Edited by Tallest Skil - 2/10/13 at 5:50pm

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #51 of 100

I think Apple has lost more than Samsung in this war.....

 

Apple won one big battle in the war with the judgment against them in California, but in my opinion they are losing a public relations war.  

 

However, regardless of outcome of this lawsuit, I do not think that anyone can argue that Samsung got a title wave of free publicity as a result of this war.  I

think the sale boost in the Galaxy Phones is a direct result of this publicity.  I do not think Apple will ever get much $$$ out of Samsung after the appeals

work their way through the courts.  However, if they do have to give Apple a huge payout, it may very well be the best advertising dollars that they have ever spent....

 

Jobs might well have picked the right analogy....  "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play."

post #52 of 100
Fuuuck! This thread has been taking over by trolls. :sigh:

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #53 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOne View Post

Who is/are Retuers?

Never heard of 'em.


oh. Maybe they mean Reuters?

Great journalism. This really give a lot of confidence in what was written in the article.

 

Knowing AppleInsider, "Retuers" is probably a misspelling of DigiTimes.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #54 of 100

geekdad, you're making yourself look foolish by posting the same complaint over and over again (and not making much sense while doing it). I'd actually like to read your original post so I can have a good laugh at what will undoubtedly be more gibberish.

post #55 of 100

Apple chose to sue Samsung which supplies the iPhone memory.

Do they also have a plan to live without Samsung as a supplier?

 

Maybe it is the subject which brings out such petty squabbling among posters.

post #56 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, they can certainly win it. They would be in the media if people would stop being paid by other companies to suppress the truth. 

No, I don't have any proof of that. But YOU (not you, poke, third-person plural 'you') come up with a better explanation for the negative spin that has flown in the face of established fact ever since this crap started.

Thermonuclear War usually obliterates your opponent or beat them into submission, neither of which has occurred.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #57 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post


wow...some idiots would rather delete posts that makes them look foolish......then deny it.....so you admit to deleting my posts? Because why?


Now on my blocked list.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply
post #58 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Maybe they should start competing, then, instead of stealing.

A bit late for that. Apple's ecosystem system didn't grow overnight. Apple had too much of a head start.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #59 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

A bit late for that. Apple's ecosystem system didn't grow overnight. Apple has too much of a head start.

It's hard to argue Apple had any head start when they didn't even have a mobile phone until mid 2007 and no app store until a year later.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #60 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger View Post

I think Apple has lost more than Samsung in this war.....

 

Apple won one big battle in the war with the judgment against them in California, but in my opinion they are losing a public relations war.  

 

However, regardless of outcome of this lawsuit, I do not think that anyone can argue that Samsung got a title wave of free publicity as a result of this war.  I

think the sale boost in the Galaxy Phones is a direct result of this publicity.  I do not think Apple will ever get much $$$ out of Samsung after the appeals

work their way through the courts.  However, if they do have to give Apple a huge payout, it may very well be the best advertising dollars that they have ever spent....

 

Jobs might well have picked the right analogy....  "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play."

 

How many people purchasing smartphones do you think are even aware of the lawsuit? I'd guess it's less than 1%.

post #61 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So Apple has NOTHING but GOOD things said about them in the media? Are you serious?

Citation needed.


No it's not all good but their products do receive adulations from the media like nothing else.
If you want a citation just turn your TV on next iPhone launch day and you'll have citations coming out of your ears.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #62 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger View Post

I think Apple has lost more than Samsung in this war.....

 

Apple won one big battle in the war with the judgment against them in California, but in my opinion they are losing a public relations war.  

 

However, regardless of outcome of this lawsuit, I do not think that anyone can argue that Samsung got a title wave of free publicity as a result of this war.  I

think the sale boost in the Galaxy Phones is a direct result of this publicity.  I do not think Apple will ever get much $$$ out of Samsung after the appeals

work their way through the courts.  However, if they do have to give Apple a huge payout, it may very well be the best advertising dollars that they have ever spent....

 

Jobs might well have picked the right analogy....  "A strange game, the only winning move is not to play."

 

Well it's hardly surprising is it. The context of Job's 'thermo-nuclear' remark was riling against the stolen product ... the OS/advertising cash-cow that is Android ... against Google. Apple has been aiming it's legal-missiles against device manufacturers/android licencees. A few, but most against Samsung as the design of their hardware has aped the iPhone/Pad/Pod-touch closer than others. I'm not a lawyer (thankfully), but I have heard the reasons commonly trotted out for this.

 

Yet now articles like the above, and in the media reporting in general, Samsung is now as the 'enemy'. Even dealing a direct killer blow to Samsung ($1 ain't gonna hurt that much) and Motorola, LG, HTC et al will leap into the gap. 

post #63 of 100
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
No it's not all good but their products do receive adulations from the media like nothing else.
If you want a citation just turn your TV on next iPhone launch day and you'll have citations coming out of your ears.

 

I put this in my edited post above, but I'd really like to see an objective breakdown of pro- to anti-Apple news pieces (with all citations, all sources linked, and an explanation for categorization of EVERY SINGLE link chosen in the pool) to see the proportion of good to bad in the last ten years. 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #64 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

In summary, Steven P. Jobs's three corporations running as a founder/ceo gave him infinite more insight than Tim Cook, who is now realizing his mentor is correct and it is full-steam ahead to bury Samsung until they actually innovate on their own and stop using IP they later call ``obvious and thus shouldn't have patents, so we're not breaking the law,....''

Tim realizes now those private conversations with Steve that were far more explitive were spot on.

TSMC, Global Foundries, FOXConn are all in to help Apple out, not to mention Micron, Qualcomm, Broadcom and others to leave Samsung with not a single dime of contracts from Apple.

Steve being the "old dog" in the industry had seen it all train wreck before. Google is trying to be the new "Microsoft" with Android.. There's no way Steve was gonna let it happen to HIM again.

The article misses that Apple was throwing $500 million CASH upfront to Samsung in 2008 while Wall Street was bleeding out. That's loyalty, and owing Apple a BIG favor. When Steve calls the CEO and says "don't step on my toes", you call off the marketing dogs. It's the same problem with Google. You don't suddenly run ads against Apple's products, or hold services you rent to Apple hostage...

Apple won this round of being on top fair and square... Being more than generous with its partners. And absolutely stellar with executing 5-7 years of new products.

For Steve it WAS personal. How much map data would Google have if it weren't for iPhone users? How much did Samsung gain from Apple's investments when the rest of the industry stopped paying for R&D in 07-09?

Traditionally Apple plays by the most "normal" rules out of most tech "RockStar" companies. In other industries, tactics like Microsoft or Intel use would have put those bosses in jail a decade ago. Apple endured its own course through all that... Steve won.. He wants the enemies put down. Frankly, he should have just had them "off'd" he was going away anyway... Lets start true Cyber-Wars!!!
post #65 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's hard to argue Apple had any head start when they didn't even have a mobile phone until mid 2007 and no app store until a year later.

Yes but the ecosystem is much more than just apps. Are you not going to take into consideration all the music people purchased from iTunes during 2001-2007? Much of it with DRM restrictions.
Edited by dasanman69 - 2/10/13 at 6:17pm
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #66 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post


Maybe karma sucks, and Apple should consider writing Xerox a huge check for 30 years worth of unlicensed use of their IP.

Perhaps you should read this before writing stuff you don't know about. 

 

http://www-sul.stanford.edu/mac/parc.html

 

Unless you are too lazy and just want to say what pleases you to make you feel better about a company you hate for no reason except your jealousy and wounded ego.

post #67 of 100
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
[quote]


So you DELETED my post because of this? I disagreed with you!. That is why you deleted my post and this is proof! So what part of that deserved being deleted? If you disagreed with it why not reply and disagree with it? Instead you deleted it from the forum......wow..and you are a moderator? What abuse of power...so how many other peoples posts do you just delete because you disgaree with them?

"Tallest Skil wote"

 

Okay. This'll be fun. This is the part of your post that made me delete it:


EVERYONE knows there is NO negative press at Apple.......you know it too! So if there is soooo much negativity about Apple....it really hurts their bottom line huh? they are really hurting to make money huh? can you address that? they are the most highly profitable companies in the world selling products amid all that negativity huh? Yeah right! If Apple has all this negative press show me some!

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #68 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

geekdad, you're making yourself look foolish by posting the same complaint over and over again (and not making much sense while doing it). I'd actually like to read your original post so I can have a good laugh at what will undoubtedly be more gibberish.


well...here it is in Tallest Skil's own words....so did that deserved to be deleted? Why? What if he disagrees with sonething you write? Is it ok if just deletes it? Not open for debate....no notification or reason why it was deleted......yeah I kinda feel like everyone would not like that.

 

Tallest Skill wrote:

Okay. This'll be fun. This is the part of your post that made me delete it:


EVERYONE knows there is NO negative press at Apple.......you know it too! So if there is soooo much negativity about Apple....it really hurts their bottom line huh? they are really hurting to make money huh? can you address that? they are the most highly profitable companies in the world selling products amid all that negativity huh? Yeah right! If Apple has all this negative press show me some!

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #69 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Do I disagree with your statement? Absolutely. Had you pitched it with conditions, however, that would be different. There was a time when you'd have to really look to find an anti-Apple piece, and then it would be built a statement from a competitor. But not anymore. I'd actually like to know the proportion of pro- to anti-Apple articles over the last, oh… let's say ten years. That would be interesting to see. Certainly you'd see a massive proportion of pro in the first five, but at roughly the halfway point, anti-Apple articles start to grow until the amount right now. I see them in even greater numbers, growing until roughly six months after the first new revolutionary product under Cook's management. There will always be positive press about Apple. Hopefully the positive starts to push back against the negative in the future. But to suggest there is no negative press about Apple as you have? Abject nonsense. 

 

If you'll excuse me, reading all that crap has given me a headache. I'm going to lie down with my iPad and write another chapter of alternate history. Because contrary to the belief of some of those articles (and the current beliefs of even some of the people here), the iPad wasn't DOA (and can be used for real work).

Where is the whole post you deleted because you disagreed with it? Put the whole thing out here....not just your edited part. I replied to something you wrote and instead of replying or disagreeing with it you deleted it...... Talk about abuse of power....... You still have not given proof it violated any forum rules.....nothing. Just that you disagreed with it...

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #70 of 100
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
So you DELETED my post because of this? I disagreed with you!. That is why you deleted my post and this is proof!

 

Nope. I'm seriously starting to question your reading comprehension skills.


Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
Put the whole thing out here....not just your edited part.

 

I edited nothing. The contents of that post have not been edited by anyone other than yourself. I explicitly stated right before the quote that it was a snippet of the post—not the entire thing—and it was the only part of the post with which I took issue. The rest of your post pertained to disagreements, with which I did not take issue.

 

I'm not having this discussion. Continue it in a PM if you wish.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #71 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post


Now on my blocked list.

 

Is there any way to block Appleinsider moderators?

post #72 of 100
Everytime AI repost this misleading/dishonest illustration I am forced to debunk it...

Samsung SGH-F700, introduced prior to the iPhone, aka prior art... "A Korean design patent for this black, rectangular, round-cornered phone was filed by Samsung in December 2006 prior to the release of the image of the iPhone".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_SGH-F700
post #73 of 100
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post
Everytime AI repost this misleading/dishonest illustration I am forced to debunk it...

 

Explain how you can debunk a court document. 

 

Seriously, is this what you people really want to see? Trolling like this?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #74 of 100
Instead of a Reply button we should have a Restore Thread button.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
post #75 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes but the ecosystem is much more than just apps. Are you not going to take into consideration all the music people purchased from iTunes during 2001-2007? Much of it with DRM restrictions.

Hmm... interesting point. I can see how those users might feel inclined to go with an Apple product because of DRM but how many iPhone users had never bought extensively from the iTMS? It seems overwhelmingly likely to me that most hadn't and therefore the iPhone was successful for the advancements it offered over existing tech.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #76 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes but the ecosystem is much more than just apps. Are you not going to take into consideration all the music people purchased from iTunes during 2001-2007? Much of it with DRM restrictions.

Hmm... interesting point. I can see how those users might feel inclined to go with an Apple product because of DRM but how many iPhone users had never bought extensively from the iTMS? It seems overwhelmingly likely to me that most hadn't and therefore the iPhone was successful for the advancements it offered over existing tech.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #77 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi View Post

Everytime AI repost this misleading/dishonest illustration I am forced to debunk it...

Samsung SGH-F700, introduced prior to the iPhone, aka prior art... "A Korean design patent for this black, rectangular, round-cornered phone was filed by Samsung in December 2006 prior to the release of the image of the iPhone".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_SGH-F700

Lol..I actually owned that phone. And to call it anything like the iPhone is ridiculous beyond words. Just at the external design level, how many Samsung phones have SAMSUNG and VODAFONE printed in bold across the front? And don't even get me started on the software. When you scrolled a list, the list scrolled in the opposite direction it does in phones today (so if you move your finger down, in current phones, you see things above in the list....in this phone, you saw things below in the list...absolutely unintuitive).

post #78 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

Lol..I actually owned that phone. And to call it anything like the iPhone is ridiculous beyond words. Just at the external design level, how many Samsung phones have SAMSUNG and VODAFONE printed in bold across the front? And don't even get me started on the software. When you scrolled a list, the list scrolled in the opposite direction it does in phones today (so if you move your finger down, in current phones, you see things above in the list....in this phone, you saw things below in the list...absolutely unintuitive).

The beauty of people 'getting it', is they 'get it'. Like Steve said in a Dsomenumber interview: "it's all in the software"
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
Reply
post #79 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Hmm... interesting point. I can see how those users might feel inclined to go with an Apple product because of DRM but how many iPhone users had never bought extensively from the iTMS? It seems overwhelmingly likely to me that most hadn't and therefore the iPhone was successful for the advancements it offered over existing tech.

 

The argument can easily be refuted by the Motorola Rokr. It arrived well before the iPhone, and pre-iphone it was the only phone which could play iTMS music. And it failed. Miserably.

 

Clearly the lock-in factor didnt do anything at all for it. And this was during a period when Motorola was amongst the hottest phone manufacturers (largely because of the Razr) with only BlackBerry competing with them in terms of consumer desirability.

post #80 of 100
"Who is/are Retuers?

Never heard of 'em.

oh. Maybe they mean Reuters?

Great journalism. This really give a lot of confidence in what was written in the article."

hahaha, I see what you did there... you caught a typo !!! hahaha brilliant, You really PWNED them! Amazing ! oh god, i LOL'd for hours.
i'll bet you never made a typo ! Ace!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung