or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung

Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung - Page 3

post #81 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

You can't steal IP

Are you serious ?

Why have a system that protects IP then ?

post #82 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

Maybe karma sucks, and Apple should consider writing Xerox a huge check for 30 years worth of unlicensed use of their IP.

Oh dear, please read the history and not rewrite it.

You also believe that MS saved Apple by giving them $300,000,000. Go and research I will not do it for you.

post #83 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

I'm glad at least we have one person in the Apple camp who disagreed with Jobs and his tendencies to take things personally. 

This is about business, afterall, not about life styles. Leave those to the fanboys who just love to debate nonsense online with no progress. 

This just proves that Apple's relationship with Samsung was critical (in the words of Cook) to Apple's survival and its business. 

Samsung, on the other hand, didnt quite need Apple as much as they needed Samsung. 

Look at all the recent retooling and extra capital that Apple is spending just to keep its capacity up to Samsung's level. 

Having to spend capital just to prop up a supplier's capacity is a pathetic method of doing business. It's like paying Best Buy extra money just to get good customer service from them ( never happening). 

What utter nonsense, just read what you wrote. Its so opinionated and not backed up with any facts, just your whimsical fantasies of hating everything Apple.

If Apple invented a cure for cancer and one of your loved ones could benefit from it, you would probably do a Gates and withhold it from them in sheer spite.

You are a very sad and angry person.

post #84 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Ironically, this forum has only one rule, prohibiting personal attacks on other forum members.

But apparently mods are held to a different standard.

The only consistency is that double-standards pretty much define most conversations here. ;)

Funny this coming from you, the ultimate troll.

post #85 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Fuuuck! This thread has been taking over by trolls. :sigh:

Thats their modus operandi.

To distract, derail from the topic of discussion as they know it:

1) Annoys people

2) They enjoy it

3) They have no life

Their presence on this site proves this.

post #86 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Is there any way to block Appleinsider moderators?

Please go away. You stink up the place with your presence.

post #87 of 100

This thread should be locked. Taken down by trolls, droid dorks, and totally misinformed posters.

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

post #88 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

You can't steal IP, but like patents, you can also infringe it.

Uhm, patents are IP. And of course you can steal IP. It's not necessary that something be a physical object to be stolen. That's like saying it's not stealing if I empty your bank account with a wire transaction because I didn't take any physical money, no coins or bills, just an electronic representation of it. No, it's not directly analogous, it falls somewhere in the middle of physical objects and IP, but good luck drawing a rational line where on one side it's stealing and on the other it isn't.

post #89 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Explain how you can debunk a court document. 

It's just an chart submitted by Apple to help the jury see their side of things.  Samsung likewise submitted their own contrasting version.

Quote:

Seriously, is this what you people really want to see? Trolling like this?

I think some people here use "troll" way too much as a way to stop discussions.

post #90 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

The argument can easily be refuted by the Motorola Rokr. It arrived well before the iPhone, and pre-iphone it was the only phone which could play iTMS music. And it failed. Miserably.

Clearly the lock-in factor didnt do anything at all for it. And this was during a period when Motorola was amongst the hottest phone manufacturers (largely because of the Razr) with only BlackBerry competing with them in terms of consumer desirability.

How does that refute my argument. The ROKR was a piece of crap (and I'm a Moto fan) that Apple allowed to access iTunes, and it also wasn't a mini computer
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #91 of 100

An interesting tidbit from the original Reuters article cited by AI:

Rather than 100's of different phones "Samsung, by contrast, has 37 phone products that are tweaked for regional tastes"

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #92 of 100

Why the hell is this considered "News"? Becuase it's "controversial"? We've known since the beginning that Tim Cook isn't a fan of litigation. Part of the reason he followed up with it is probably out of respect for the wishes and principles of SJ, and to show that Apple is still "tough" without him and not willing to be walked over.

post #93 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercommunist View Post

Sounds like Cook wants peace between the two companies.  Might be a good thing, on fair terms.  Samsung will always be a tough competitor.

Samsung isn't even in the same universe as Apple in terms of being a 'competitor'. Yeah, they sell a shitload of crap. But what major, complex, forward thinking endeavors have they ever made in the smartphone market? Apple built it's iOS from the ground up, as well its ecosystem and appstore. Samsung takes a whore-out OS and slaps a shitty skin on it, then produces a crapload of plastic phones that run it. Yes, Samsung is competing on sales. They've bled all the other Android makers dry and drowned them out with their insane marketing warchest, which deicmates Apple's own iPhone marketing. But that's it. The most solid part of Samsung's phones is the core OS, which they don't even have a hand in. Touchwiz is shit, as is the build quality of their phones (thin plastic). I'm not saying the end result is necessarily a bad product. I'm just saying that without Google and Android, they wouldn't be a blip in the smartphone race. You think Samsung is capable of producing a modern, world class mobile OS? 

post #94 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Samsung takes a whore-out OS and slaps a shitty skin on it, then produces a crapload of plastic phones that run it.

That is one great sentence!
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #95 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfts View Post

Are you serious ?

He's using the word 'stolen' in it's literal sense. Usually when something is stolen the original owner no longer possesses it.
post #96 of 100
The reason why MS "eventually prevailed" was because Apple was running out of cash ..... somehow I can't see that happening this time around, can you?
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
post #97 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Uhm, patents are IP. And of course you can steal IP. It's not necessary that something be a physical object to be stolen. That's like saying it's not stealing if I empty your bank account with a wire transaction because I didn't take any physical money, no coins or bills, just an electronic representation of it. No, it's not directly analogous, it falls somewhere in the middle of physical objects and IP, but good luck drawing a rational line where on one side it's stealing and on the other it isn't.

Yes patents are IP, but not all IP are patents (and it was TS having the issue between the two, not me).

If you steal something, then the owner no longer has this item to use, this is the simple concept with theft. If you steal money from a wire transfer then the owner no longer has access to it. If you download movies or music etc then you haven't stolen them as the owner still has access to it to sell it, the same with patents or other forms of IP

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infringe

to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/steal?show=0&t=1360616807

to take the property of another wrongfully and especially as a habitual or regular practice
post #98 of 100
Quote:

Are you serious ?

Yes, just because hollywood likes to use the words theft and steal, doesn't make it correct.
post #99 of 100
Quote:

What utter nonsense, just read what you wrote. Its so opinionated and not backed up with any facts, just your whimsical fantasies of hating everything Apple.

If Apple invented a cure for cancer and one of your loved ones could benefit from it, you would probably do a Gates and withhold it from them in sheer spite.

You are a very sad and angry person.

Try creating opposing statements to disprove any of my statements rather than arguing about the lack of "facts".

I re-read my statements. It's just as I expected. People who takes things personally should do a mental check.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

post #100 of 100

I think Tim Cook fundamentally shares the same opinion as Steve Jobs. Tim uses a more diplomatic approach than Steve, and that's not a bad thing.

Stay Hungry, stay foolish.

http://everystevejobsvideo.com

Stay Hungry, stay foolish.

http://everystevejobsvideo.com

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple CEO Tim Cook disagreed with Steve Jobs over suing Samsung