or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › BlackBerry Creative Director Alicia Keys tweets from iPhone, claims Twitter account hacked

BlackBerry Creative Director Alicia Keys tweets from iPhone, claims Twitter account hacked

post #1 of 29
After being announced as BlackBerry's Global Creative Director less than two weeks ago, pop diva Alicia Keys claims her Twitter account was hacked after a specious tweet from an iPhone was sent under her name.

The tweet, which referenced recording artist Drake's new album "Started from the Bottom," was sent early Monday from Keys' Twitter handle, but was quickly deleted and replaced by a statement alleging the pop star's account was hacked. As noted by The Verge, the original tweet read, "Started from the bottom now were here!"

February 11, 2013

Keys is the latest celebrity to experience problems with social media as tech companies look to cultural icons to push their products in mainstream markets. In 2012, Oprah used an iPad to send out a number of tweets endorsing Microsoft's Surface RT tablet. However, unlike Oprah, Keys is supposedly part of BlackBerry's corporate team.

Whether the singer mistakenly sent the tweet herself or was legitimately hacked will likely remain unknown, but the situation has clarified the effectiveness of social media as it pertains to the modern marketing landscape.
post #2 of 29
It is possible....I guess.
post #3 of 29
I'll quote Ronald Reagan on this one.... "Trust, but verify"...
post #4 of 29
Makes sense... hack famous person's Twitter account, post completely unoffensive lyrics from popular song. Hackers are known for their subtlety and kindness.
post #5 of 29
edit: Pipped by jakeb.
Edited by SolipsismX - 2/11/13 at 6:00pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #6 of 29

She was using her iPhone to tweet with just a few days before the BlackBerry announcement, now she's not. Guess BlackBerry brass got in touch and told her to knock it off. Hacked, my ass. No surprise here.

"I tried to get a tattoo once but passed out. It wasn't wetting my arm that bothered me, I just couldn't press firmly for 30 seconds."
"I tried to get a tattoo once but passed out. It wasn't wetting my arm that bothered me, I just couldn't press firmly for 30 seconds."
post #7 of 29

Zzz . . . 

post #8 of 29
A honest mistake is forgivable.
A lie to cover that mistake is ugly and stupid.
An obvious lie is the worst because it shows you think other people are as stupid as you.
post #9 of 29

Well.. That didn't take long. This is funny considering BlackBerry employees are banned from saying the word iPhone.. even it is means making an idiot of yourself!

post #10 of 29

Celebrity brand ambassadors are a terrible idea. So, after working 8 hours on the gantt-chart for the service pack 1 roll-out, she was terribly exhausted and grabbed the wrong device? Well, at least she is more funny than Seinfeld.

post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

Well, at least she is more funny than Seinfeld.

Take that back¡

post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Well.. That didn't take long. This is funny considering BlackBerry employees are banned from saying the word iPhone.. even it is means making an idiot of yourself!

Despite her role at the company we can infer that she that one job we do know she has is to market the Z10 which basicallly comes down to don't use an iPhone.

post #13 of 29

"That girl, is so firrreeeeddd"

Bad pun, sorry. 

post #14 of 29
Would you just shut-up and sing⸮
post #15 of 29

Alicia Keys knows "creativity" in tech?  First LOL.

Blackberry "Creative Director" Tweeting from iPhone?

Second LOL. 

post #16 of 29
Quote:
Take that back¡

I would love a clip with Alicia and Herr Heins at Shoe Circus... She tries on a pair of Manolos while he threatens her with a churro. The possibilities are endless 1embarassed.gif

post #17 of 29

So anybody holding a mic is now qualified to become the "creative director" of a company? lol.gif

She's obviously lying her ass off. She got caught red handed, she messed up, and instead of fessing up and admitting that she still uses an iPhone instead of the phone that she is actually paid to promote, she must think that her twitter subscribers are dumber than crap (maybe they are?), and she insults everybody's intelligence by using a lame "I've been hacked!" excuse.

Unless we see proof that she was hacked in the form of something like explicit x-rated private photos, I don't see how anybody could buy her extremely non-credible explanation.

post #18 of 29
Alicia did not tweet it, if she said she didn't. Why is that so hard to believe?
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post

Alicia did not tweet it, if she said she didn't. Why is that so hard to believe?

PS: You me $1 million dollars, if I say you do. Why is that so hard to believe? (See what I did there?)

post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa View Post

Because we weren't born yesterday, that's why.

Here's CNET calling her a liar.

But Pocket-Lint offers a tantalizing glimpse of her dressing room at the Grammys. There, not one, but two iPhones are to be seen on her dressing table.

An iPhone 4S is positioned so close to Keys' fingers that all she would have to do is lift her arm up and her extremities would naturally meet its keyboard and want to communicate.

This girl is on fire. Who will douse it?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57568819-71/blackberrys-alicia-keys-tweets-from-iphone-claims-a-hack/

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Because we weren't born yesterday, that's why.

Not sure being condescending with minors is the answer... we all have been fans of someone at some point (and once I manage to locate my meds I can even tell you who that was).
post #22 of 29

And Oprah's kicking herself for not using the "my account was hacked" conceit when she tweeted about how much she loved the Surface RT from her iPad.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUOp View Post

A honest mistake is forgivable.
A lie to cover that mistake is ugly and stupid.
An obvious lie is the worst because it shows you think other people are as stupid as you.

It's also a lie for BlackBerry to claim the z10 was not inspired by The Smartphone Which Shall Not Be Named™.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #24 of 29
She gets paid to use the BlackBerry smartphone as a business arrangement. She uses her iPhone for pleasure. I didn't know celebrities actually had to like the products they endorse. That's usually set up by your agent. I'm sure celebrities are likely to endorse products they never use themselves just to get the money and whatever face time goes along with it. However, even if I used Preparation H, I'd have to think twice about openly endorsing the product.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Alicia Keys knows "creativity" in tech?  First LOL.

Blackberry "Creative Director" Tweeting from iPhone?

Second LOL. 

Celebrities are often used as their own brands, but this seems like a stupid move on RIM's part. I can't really picture her as being synergetic with their brand. If you look at their older devices, their strength was secure email. This likely caused them to be overly conservative in some areas. In terms of the ecosystem claims around Apple, most of those features started with the second generation. I saw a lot of blackberry users switch to iphones with its first generation, prior to third party apps and a lot of the features that are considered essential today. It wasn't just what I saw people using. In many cases I just noticed "sent from my blackberry" change to "sent from my iphone". Keep in mind California can be pretty Apple centric.

post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

It's the Anthony Weiner defense.

post #27 of 29
It must be miserable for her if they made the poor girl hand in all her Apple gear as punishment. 1wink.gif
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Celebrities are often used as their own brands, but this seems like a stupid move on RIM's part. I can't really picture her as being synergetic with their brand.

No way, Jony Ive's go nothing on her! /s

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #29 of 29
Well, that's a woman's worth.

Pun intended.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › BlackBerry Creative Director Alicia Keys tweets from iPhone, claims Twitter account hacked