or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next month

Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next month - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow. You guys must be some serious Insiders. I've never even heard of the guy.

Care to enlighten us on why he is so great?

It is well known that Jim is an unofficial mouth piece for Apple. Here is what likely happened. Rumor started about AppleTV event. People post all over about it. Apple hears about it. Apple wants to stop the rumor because it isn't true. Call goes out to Jim, "Kill this - now." Jim posts "nope." Threat neutralized. Jim never gets into needless speculation, but when he says yes or no about something he is always right. Some analysts have decent track records, but his role is to either pour fuel on a fire or put it out, and he usually does it with only a few words and sometimes just his "yep" or "nope."

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… I was right with your condescension and snobbery via improper quote trimming RIGHT up until this. Then you lost me.

So Apple stock being driven to $0.01 per share doesn't harm Apple?

No, it doesn't (at least not any conceivable swing. A drop to 0.01 would make them easy to buy, but even that doesn't affect their day to day operations - and no one in their right mind thinks the share price will drop to $0.01, anyway). A share price swing has zero impact on Apple. It doesn't affect their cash. It doesn't affect their profitability. It only hurts them if they're buying stock - and they're not.

Once again, you've proven that your understanding of business is close to zero. This is basic business 101.

Again, stick to predicting future Apple product sizes. At least then it takes a little while for you to be proven wrong.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Can't they? Stock falls, Apple sues for tangible damages caused by slander, everyone shuts up for a good long while.

Can you think of one case where such a thing was proven based on analyst speculation or predictions? Also do you personally think it would have reached $700 last year if the market was betting on them simply continuing with their existing product line? Their biggest successes have always involved markets with room for expansion. especially markets that allow for some level of diversity. Right now they're ridiculously tied to the state of the phone market, yet we may see the ipad leveraged into an increasing number of areas. Admittedly the smaller sizes compared to a notebook are less annoying in a lot of applications with the extremely high resolution.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Cold water poured on report of Apple TV-related media event next month