or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Xbox project cofounder: Game-enabled Apple TV would "simply kill Playstation, Wii-U, and Xbox"

Xbox project cofounder: Game-enabled Apple TV would "simply kill Playstation, Wii-U, and Xbox" - Page 3

post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Once again, a completely arbitrary limitation. 

Absolutely not.  You attempted to prove my statement wrong with a drive by posting of zero merit with a number with no source.

You said 26 sequels.  Name them 26 feature sequels from Disney Animation.  This isn't hard, nor tricky nor arbitrary.  You called me on a specific assertion using a specific number. 

The fact is that if you count direct to video there are many more than 26.  If you do not and count only those from Disney Animation theatrical releases there are only 3.  

Which would make my statement wrong since Pixar Animation stands at 3 until Monster U releases.  They have an equal number of sequels until then.  My bad.

If you want to argue that Lassiter has been ruining Pixar since 2006 well, okay, that's a different story.

post #82 of 85
Originally Posted by nht View Post
Absolutely not.

"No, when I said 'Disney', I meant 'this specific portion of Disney, ignoring 80% of Disney'."

You attempted to prove my statement wrong with a drive by posting of zero merit with a number with no source.

Go to any fricking website and fricking count the fricking sequels. You're not an infant. I already did your work for you; GO DO IT YOURSELF.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #83 of 85
Quote:

Though now that we're on the topic, how many of those titles were public domain stories before Disney got the infinite copyright on them?

Any public domain stories remain public domain.  Disney cannot claim copyright (infinite or otherwise) on the original works now passed into public domain.  So the answer would be zero.

As to how many are based on fairy tales or other literary works in the public domain?  Quite a few.  But any animation studio is allowed to do the same story or same characters with a different take.  Visual design and music created by Disney will be protected.  Hence Pinocchio appeared in Shrek but didn't look exactly like the Disney Pinocchio and (probably) didn't involve a license.

Note that the Peter Pan script for the play is still under copyright protection (but not the novel) and held not by Disney but by the Great Ormond Street Hospital.  Likewise Tarzan is owned by the Burrogh's estate. AFAIK Disney no longer has active rights to make any new Tarzan movies and, until the rights expired, was a long time Pan animation licensee.

post #84 of 85
Quote:

"No, when I said 'Disney', I meant 'this specific portion of Disney, ignoring 80% of Disney'."

Go to any fricking website and fricking count the fricking sequels. You're not an infant. I already did your work for you; GO DO IT YOURSELF.

No, when I said Disney Animation I meant Disney Animation, and yes, that is a specific portion/studio of Disney and yes, that ignores the other parts/studios of Disney including Pixar.

There are not 26 sequels if you count direct to video (there are more) and you obviously did no work or you'd simply provide a link which is a lot simpler and more definitive than evading when asked to put up or shut up.

You made the claim of 26 I made the claim of 3 and named all three.  I have shown my work, you need to show yours or live with the accusation that you simply pulled a number out of thin air.

post #85 of 85
Quote:

No, it's Disney Animation Studio and not Pixar

Ah, I thought it was one of those Disney/Pixar ones; maybe why I didn't like it. That seems like an awkward setup as it's Lasseter and Catmull running the other studio now.
Quote:

Nintendo lives primarily on the popularity of their first party titles.  That's a strength and a weakness.  Thus far they have been able to leverage the strength and mitigate the weaknesses.

I don't think they will be able to do that with Wii U nearly as effectively as they have in the past but on the other hand Nintendo hasn't done any real advertising push.  Still though, it's looking Game Cubish at the moment.

I think they'd have done better if they actually made a tablet. They could have put educational games on there too and it could have been used anywhere for Wii Fit, even in the garden.

I can see tablets and iOS devices impacting Nintendo the most.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Xbox project cofounder: Game-enabled Apple TV would "simply kill Playstation, Wii-U, and Xbox"