or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple looks to end blurry iPhone photos with new invention

Apple looks to end blurry iPhone photos with new invention - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

This is different from Apple invention.  The eight photos are taken after user press the camera button.  I smell that Samsung will try to steal Apple invention and claim that it innovated it first.  

No really? I guess you want it to constantly take pictures.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #42 of 45
How is this revolutionary comapred to HTC phones which stores up to 100 images and automatically chooses the best one, or allows you to choose it yourself?

Only difference is you choose whether you want this function on or not and you tell the phone when to start storing the images.

I use this on my 10 month old HTC all the time.
post #43 of 45

As a professional photographer who likes to use my iPhone when my DSLR is not with me, I would despise a device that picked the “best” photo for me. Unless I had access to the buffer to pick the best one for myself. What if in the sharpest shot of a group of people they all had their eyes closed? What software could distinguish that or any other content based difference? I can think of many such examples. Terrible idea. Stabilization, if possible, would be much better.

post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake_William_Shatner View Post

Obviously because they are ALREADY taking the most advantage of the image sensor they have. What this does is improve what the user captures.
I'm wondering if they might also be doing a bit of "HDR" -- changing focus and exposure to get more value on a combined image. I know what we see so far is just "find the most in focus of the samples." It's a bit like a video capture and you use the buffer to make them all photo quality for a brief moment.
It's an improvement -- so what's to complain about?

I don't believe I was complaining. Just pointing out a preferred method. 

post #45 of 45

How comes Apple can file this patent. OneTapAhead is using this technique long time ago back to Nov 2011.

Check it out: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onetapahead/id480167013?l=en&ls=1&mt=8 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple looks to end blurry iPhone photos with new invention