or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumored HTC handset looks even more like an iPhone 5 in leaked photo

Rumored HTC handset looks even more like an iPhone 5 in leaked photo - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

True, the iPhone puts its big Apple logo on the back, where other people can see it.  Most phones do that. It's like those car dealer logos they put on the back of automobiles to get free advertising (which I always make them remove).

That's the comparison you make? 1oyvey.gif

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #42 of 49
I see a rectangle phone... Imo its better than the ip5, no waste of space at the bottom or the top allows for a bigger screen with just a little bigger case.
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's the comparison you make? 1oyvey.gif

And that's the sentence you picked out to respond to?  1biggrin.gif

Actually, I take it back, the rear logo is more like a car maker's emblem... not the dealer's.  Either way, it's still free advertising for them.  (Personally, I usually have a case and no one sees it.)

Or I suppose there are people who believe the emblem is there to impress others.

post #44 of 49
With similar overall size, why the HTC can have a much larger screen than iPhone 5?, I like the HTC design better, bigger screen, same form factor!
apple designer, why can't you do that?
post #45 of 49

As with TV's , most cellphones will all look similar or identical to the iPhone in the future. The big differentiating factor will be the interface and software which  the phones runs as well as the Ecosystem it has if any.

Of couse there will always be some new features with each cell phone released but they will not be the differentiating factor.

post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, the arc; you're right. 

Do we have reasonable numbers for the people that use cases?

Yes. I only cite reasonable numbers. :)

post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yali View Post

With similar overall size, why the HTC can have a much larger screen than iPhone 5?, I like the HTC design better, bigger screen, same form factor!
apple designer, why can't you do that?

It ain't a case of can't. It's a case of deciding not to ... yet. BTW, HTC designs larger but not necessarily better screen. Just because the designs are similar does not mean they have the same form factor. You might not understand the meaning of that term.

post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) Look at the bottom of each device. They have about the same size bezel. I think you're seeing an illusion of a double bezel.

2) If they make it as thin as the back of the iPhone 5 then how will the Home Button be made to fit? I think it's possible with a more elongated button but changing it isn't something to be considered lightly.

3) Note that the HTC phone has the logo printed on the front. The iPhone does not. It's never had it on the front but even with the display off you know it's an iPhone. That means the front look is iconic even after the change from a 3.5" 4:3 display to a 4" 16:9 display. I think that's important.

You also don't see the logo on the front of the iPad or MacBook. The only Apple product where the logo is visible on the front is the iMac. Ive is a fervent believer that the screen should dominate because it is the sole functional component for the user. That's a true adherence to function driving form.

As for the home button, it will be interesting to see what happens. Right now, there are two good reasons for keeping it:

- Relying on software (i.e. touchscreen) to provide the home feature removes what is effectively a useful hardware reset.

- The length of iPhone5 is hardly obtrusive. Therefore, removing the the home button may not make the device any sleeker. OTOH, it will either reduce space for the battery or force Apple to make it thicker. For Ive, thinness seems more important than length of width.

Edited by stelligent - 2/18/13 at 8:14am
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Looks more like a BB Z10... (which in turn looks like an iPhone 5)

I agree.  If there's a foul here, BlackBerry was first.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumored HTC handset looks even more like an iPhone 5 in leaked photo