or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC One features 4.7" 1080p display, quad-core CPU, Android 4.1.2 with Sense 5 UI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HTC One features 4.7" 1080p display, quad-core CPU, Android 4.1.2 with Sense 5 UI - Page 5

post #161 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacee1990 View Post

I hope you jump ship and buy this phone to see how "awesome" that ppi will be for you, battery wise. Remember this is HTC with Sense UI on a quadcore phone with that ppi, and guess what, a 2300mAh battery. Nice. 

He was being sarcastic.
Edited by dasanman69 - 2/19/13 at 5:16pm
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #162 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

So you've given up on them and are satisfied to let all 200+ million people per year use another OS.

Hmmm... not the way I'd do business and you can be damn sure not the way that Tim Cook does business either.

Like I said, you can't please everyone. IHaters are never going to buy an iPhone. I bet there will be a 5" iPhone but not as a replacement. I truly dont see a cheap new iPhone.

BMW doesn't make pickups or sub compact sedans. Tiffany's doesn't sell costume jewelry.
post #163 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

The performance gap is no longer what you seem to think it is.  We're not talking about Gingerbread here.  And considering this phone is made from the same two materials as the iPhone, but with arguably better speakers and image sensor, I don't think this is the phone to choose to rag on build quality.

The performance gap was never as big as it is now.

post #164 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

The performance gap was never as big as it is now.

I don't even know how to respond to that.
post #165 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

So... Apple is happy to see 200 million plus sales a year go to its competitors...

Thank you for the most stupid answer of the day.

Samsung reported that they are selling 190,000 Galaxy SIII every day. That's almost 18 million in a quarter. And then throw in some Galaxy Notes and the Galaxy SII as well.

BUT... Samsung sold 63 million smartphones total last quarter.

So that's 1/3 of Samsung's smartphones sold last quarter being flagship phones.

Or... 2/3 of their smartphones being total crap smartphones sold around the world.

In other words... most Android smartphones are NOT flagships... instead they are garbage budget phones.

Those are precisely the phones Apple doesn't want to sell.

So yeah... let 200 million garbage phones be sold by other companies.

Would Apple love to sell every smartphone in the world? Sure... but that's impossible. Much of the world are buying $80 smartphones... a market Apple has no desire to be in.
post #166 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Remember, correcting a fool is folly onto itself. Let him wallow in his own ignorance.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #167 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Consider performance as compared to the power usage. Apple's custom chips give it a distinct advantage. Other vendors could so this, like Samsung, but they would need to have 1) a profitable handset margin, 2) decent profits on that margin which means a higher-end device, and 3) enough unit sales to warrant the investment in custom chips.

The Galaxy S III is the first non-iPhone that fits this build, and I think that was a surprise to Samsung it was going to do so well.

Apple isn't using generalized chips for a market. They use reference designs to make an ideal chip for their needs. This is a huge advantage.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #168 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Consider performance as compared to the power usage. Apple's custom chips give it a distinct advantage. Other vendors could so this, like Samsung, but they would need to have 1) a profitable handset margin, 2) decent profits on that margin which means a higher-end device, and 3) enough unit sales to warrant the investment in custom chips.

The Galaxy S III is the first non-iPhone that fits this build, and I think that was a surprise to Samsung it was going to do so well.

Apple isn't using generalized chips for a market. They use reference designs to make an ideal chip for their needs. This is a huge advantage.

Apple is way ahead of Android when it comes to performance per unit of power used, but I think pedro was referring to a pure performance gap, which is now small compared to where it was in Gingerbread and older versions.  I'm curious if you agree about the performance gap decrease.

post #169 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

Apple is way ahead of Android when it comes to performance per unit of power used, but I think pedro was referring to a pure performance gap, which is now small compared to where it was in Gingerbread and older versions.  I'm curious if you agree about the performance gap decrease.

I don't think Apple was ever ahead in the raw CPU tests. There will always be some vendor that wants to put a power sucking chip Ito a system or push out some new chip that couldn't possibly be ready in the quantity Apple needs.

You can look at LTE as a prime example of how Apple waiting while other vendors were claiming '4G' LTE but with dire results on the UX.

The only performance example I can think of in favour of Apple's HW is with the iPad (3) which wasn't about the CPU or GPU but that extensive memory controller which allowed those 3.1 million pixels to be displayed properly, which is one of my concerns with this HTC trying to push 2.1 million pixels.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #170 of 221
Anything that has the "Beats Audio" logo on it instantly makes it very difficult for me to take it seriously...
post #171 of 221
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post
I don't even know how to respond to that.

 

If you check anandtech's benchmarks, you will realize that CPU vs CPU, the dual 1.2 ghz a6 is as fast as the S3 QUAD. See? this never happened before, CPU vs CPU the S2 was much faster than the 4 and even the 4S.

 

But then you realize something... iOS is optimized and "native", no java BS emulation there, and this is why iPhones were always faster even with half the horse power of other phones.  Them, you see the next benchmarks. What do we get?

 

- We get that the iPhone absolutely murders any highend Android phone on every single benchmark, especially those related to REAL USE. (the motorola and others with the intel processor faster at one or 2 tests, but fail on everything else).

 

I'm talking about being twice as fast as the fastest android phone on some benchmarks. This never happened before. And then you have to think about native apps written FOR iOS. Android has 0 of that, the difference is huge.

 

But wait... You know that most animations are handled by the GPU. So you are going to brag about it. Bad choice. This is where the hammer goes down on trolls...

 

The iPhone 5 has 2.5x more powerful GPU than the most powerful android phone.

This on a thinner, lighter phone, with better screen camera and build quality, not to mention ecosystem.

 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6426/ipad-4-gpu-performance-analyzed-powervr-sgx-554mp4-under-the-hood

 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview

 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

 

Again, the difference between phones (especially hardware: build quality, performance, camera, etc) was never as big as it is know. Of course, uninformed trolls and shills like to think apple is behind the curve. they are saying that since 2007 (phones), but after looking at facts.... Oh boy.

post #172 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I'd take an HTC phone over Samsung phone anyway day- the build quality, not to mention their Android skin, is leagues better. Unfortunately none of that matters, because of HTC's shit marketing, which is why the company is still struggling.


There is a difference between build quality and build materials.

 

What you are arguing about is build materials, NOT build quality.

 

Samsung has excellent build quality. The build materials, on the other hand, could be debatable.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #173 of 221

FWIW - as an Android user for almost 2 years after iOS for 3 before that - I do not care about specs, benchmarks, etc. The Nexus 4 is really fast, no lag, etc. I chose Android b/c of the OS features, customizations, Google services, choice of core apps, no iTunes needed, a real file browser, not locked down apps, etc. Plus soon I can get an unlimited prepaid plan for about $50. And it works great with my Macs. So you can debate benchmarks, processors, etc but I feel the strength of Android is in the OS compared to iOS.

post #174 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N9A8NnBbW_A

 

No, it doesn't "look just like an iPhone" IMHO. That's unless you think because it's uses some aluminum it's a knockoff. In that case, yeah, it's a dead-on copy.


Anything with a rectangular screen with a touch screen interface is regarded as a "copy" by Apple fans.

 

What gives?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Well of course! You have to do something to keep the battery life above 30 minutes. That doesn't mean it gets better battery life. 

 

Multi-core processors splits the tasks into smaller chunks. Each core (lets say 4 cores) takes on 25% of the total load. After the 25% load is done, they go into hibernation mode, thus saving battery. Each core processor does not have to use all of its power to do the work, generating less heat and less resistance.

 

A single core or dual core processor, uses 100% (single core) and 50% (dual core) before going into hibernation. The less time spent on doing the tasks and the more time it is in hibernation, the less power consumption.

 

That is how you get better battery life.

 

Apple is moving to multi-core processor in the next iPhone anyway. Will you start appreciating the benefit after that happens? Most likely will.


Edited by Galbi - 2/19/13 at 6:56pm

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #175 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

So that's 1/3 of Samsung's smartphones sold last quarter being flagship phones.

Or... 2/3 of their smartphones being total crap smartphones sold around the world.

 

Samsung sells more than just very high end phones, or very low end phones.

 

They also have a mid range set of phones with screens like the pre-retina iPhones, but with a faster CPU and sometimes even LTE.  Definitely not "crap".

 

So perhaps more like 1/3 high end, 1/3 mid range and 1/3 low end?

post #176 of 221

Seems like a lot of people are taking notice of competitor's product in this Apple site.

 

Give credit where its due.

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

Reply
post #177 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Samsung sells more than just very high end phones, or very low end phones.

They also have a mid range set of phones with screens like the pre-retina iPhones, but with a faster CPU and sometimes even LTE.  Definitely not "crap".

So perhaps more like 1/3 high end, 1/3 mid range and 1/3 low end?

True... I didn't mean it to sound so binary.

But my comment was in reply to the "200 million phones going to the competition"

There are certainly a lot of phones that are below what Apple sells... both in price and quality. Markets Apple simply won't bother with. And that's their choice.
post #178 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Oh, ok, why don't you educate yourself then?

 

If you check anandtech's benchmarks, you will realize that CPU vs CPU, the dual 1.2 ghz a6 is as fast as the S3 QUAD. See? this never happened before, CPU vs CPU the S2 was much faster than the 4 and even the 4S.

 

But then you realize something... iOS is optimized and "native", no java BS emulation there, and this is why iPhones were always faster even with half the horse power of other phones.  Them, you see the next benchmarks. What do we get?

 

- We get that the iPhone absolutely murders any highend Android phone on every single benchmark, especially those related to REAL USE. (the motorola and others with the intel processor faster at one or 2 tests, but fail on everything else).

 

I'm talking about being twice as fast as the fastest android phone on some benchmarks. This never happened before.

And then you have to think about native apps written FOR iOS. Android has 0 of that, the difference is huge.

 

But wait... You know that most animations are handled by the GPU. So you are going to brag about it. Bad choice. This is where the hammer goes down on trolls...

 

The iPhone 5 has 2.5x more powerful GPU than the most powerful android phone.

This on a thinner, lighter phone, with better screen camera and build quality, not to mention ecosystem.

 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6426/ipad-4-gpu-performance-analyzed-powervr-sgx-554mp4-under-the-hood

 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview

 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

 

Again, the difference between phones (especially hardware: build quality, performance, camera, etc) was never as big as it is know. Of course, uninformed trolls and shills like to think apple is behind the curve. they are saying that since 2007 (phones), but after looking at facts.... Oh boy.

Oh man, where do I even start with this one?  First let's clear up the troll/shill thing.  I'm neither.  Let's drop the name-calling, right Tallest?  And drop the derisive tone, please.

 

Now let me move on to the part of your argument where you changed everything that you argued before.  In your previous post, you claim a litany of the iPhone's well-known optimizations, saying in part, "Will someone be able to lose so much power, UI speed..."  You're clearly referring to Apple's UI optimization (performance), something of which Android always has been and still is at a deficit in comparison to the iPhone.  I replied that the gap in performance is now narrower than ever.  You then replied that the gap is greater than ever, implying that Apple's lead has increased now over a past gap where the iPhone's lead was narrower.

 

In the reply I quoted for this post, you began by arguing that Android was actually the performance leader until the iPhone 5 and then cited benchmark scores.  As an aside, I would like to point out that benchmarks have never been a viable means of making a point on this forum.  Anyway, you changed your argument from the iPhone being the perennial leader with a now larger performance lead to the iPhone being the perennial loser that has now taken the lead from perennial performance leader Android.  Which is it?

 

Finally, as far as GPU power is concerned, Apple has always had a commanding lead there because it has been one of their focuses.  It's a large part of the reason for their buttery frame rates.  And again, let's talk about build quality some other day when the phone in question is not better built than the iPhone.

post #179 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, right, because some of these phones actually have MiniHDMI… lol.gif

You couldn't possibly be referring to that proprietary, licensed technology. Android OEMs don't use proprietary, licensed technology; they only use Open Source technology. 1rolleyes.gif
post #180 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

 

Samsung has excellent build quality. The build materials, on the other hand, could be debatable.

Oh really?  Check out the Verge review for the Note 10.1.  I think build quality is debatable.

post #181 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Seems like a lot of people are taking notice of competitor's product in this Apple site.

 

Give credit where its due.

It's not just Apple fans that post on this site. I see plenty of Android fans here.

post #182 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Oh really?  Check out the Verge review for the Note 10.1.  I think build quality is debatable.

What in particular? I don't recall anything about their build quality. As Galbi notes their materials choices make it look and feel cheap.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #183 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

 

Getting rid of the home button is the stupidest thing Apple could do. It's the MOST ICONIC part of their devices, and more importantly, the home button serves an extremely important function for the non-technically inclined- they KNOW that wherever the hell they are, it's an exist button that will get back to the home screen. Android has no equivalent, obvious, intuitive mechanism like that. 

Android has a home button. it does everything you just said 

post #184 of 221
Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post
Android has a home button. it does everything you just said 

 

Last I checked, they have a "Back" button, which is the hardware equivalent of Apple's software back button and only takes you back one step.

 

But last I checked, we were a ways back in candy names. Gingerbread, I think it was. And now we're on Jelly Bean? What was H? Oh, Honeycomb, right; that was tablet only, yeah? What version number was Gingerbread?

post #185 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Last I checked, they have a "Back" button, which is the hardware equivalent of Apple's software back button and only takes you back one step.

 

But last I checked, we were a ways back in candy names. Gingerbread, I think it was. And now we're on Jelly Bean? What was H? Oh, Honeycomb, right; that was tablet only, yeah? What version number was Gingerbread?

Ugh... not sure what you meant by the back button. But yes android does have a back button...Its generally right next to the home button. 

 

Yes android uses code names for its major releases. I have never seen any large company do something like this. By the way what version is OS Mountain Lion what is going to be the next one? 

 

I am honestly hopping for Ocelot (vague archer reference) 


Edited by Apple v. Samsung - 2/19/13 at 9:57pm
post #186 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Last I checked, they have a "Back" button, which is the hardware equivalent of Apple's software back button and only takes you back one step.

 

But last I checked, we were a ways back in candy names. Gingerbread, I think it was. And now we're on Jelly Bean? What was H? Oh, Honeycomb, right; that was tablet only, yeah? What version number was Gingerbread?

Of course it has a home button!  It always has.  See my screenshot.  Back, home, multitasking.

 

post #187 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post


Samsung reported that they are selling 190,000 Galaxy SIII every day. That's almost 18 million in a quarter. And then throw in some Galaxy Notes and the Galaxy SII as well.

BUT... Samsung sold 63 million smartphones total last quarter.

So that's 1/3 of Samsung's smartphones sold last quarter being flagship phones.

Or... 2/3 of their smartphones being total crap smartphones sold around the world.

In other words... most Android smartphones are NOT flagships... instead they are garbage budget phones.

Those are precisely the phones Apple doesn't want to sell.

So yeah... let 200 million garbage phones be sold by other companies.

Would Apple love to sell every smartphone in the world? Sure... but that's impossible. Much of the world are buying $80 smartphones... a market Apple has no desire to be in.

 

You guys are pathetic. You keep on throwing out this red herring about the crap phones.

 

I'm talking about the quality phones. do you really think that Tim Cook is happy that 35-40 million top quality phones per quarter are being sold by competitors?

 

If your answer is "yes", then I call bullshit.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #188 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


Like I said, you can't please everyone. IHaters are never going to buy an iPhone. I bet there will be a 5" iPhone but not as a replacement. I truly dont see a cheap new iPhone.

BMW doesn't make pickups or sub compact sedans. Tiffany's doesn't sell costume jewelry.

 

Another red herring line of bullshit.

 

Not everyone who buys an Android phone hates Apple. Some people really do want a bigger phone... and it's not out of Apple's purview. Why does a bigger phone always seem to translate as a crap phone to some people.

 

The answer you gave above is the same crap I heard when rumors about a smaller iPad starting coming online.

Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #189 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

You guys are pathetic. You keep on throwing out this red herring about the crap phones.

I'm talking about the quality phones. do you really think that Tim Cook is happy that 35-40 million top quality phones per quarter are being sold by competitors?

If your answer is "yes", then I call bullshit.

Of course they're not "happy" about it... but what are they gonna do? It's the nature of competition.

Geez... Apple can never do right. Apparently it's bad that they don't sell 100% of all smartphones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

So... Apple is happy to see 200 million plus sales a year go to its competitors...

... and Apple is losing sales to these phones. So you are saying that Apple doesn't want those sales?

Again... why are you so focused on the phones Apple doesn't sell?

Why not be happy about the 125 million iPhones Apple did sell this past year?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on a company like HTC... who represented only 6% of smartphones in 2012. That means 94% of smartphones were not HTC phones...
post #190 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post
I'd love to hear your thoughts on a company like HTC... who represented only 6% of smartphones in 2012. That means 94% of smartphones were not HTC phones...

 


-- HTC is being devoured by Samsung and their advertising. I think Samsung wants to destroy android. They are using a Trojan horse strategy  They become the most power and trusted smart phone manufacturer using android. Once their brand is stronger than android they switch to Tizen. Destroying android, dozens of OEMs, and gives them a true chance at a complete vertical integration. 
 
However this announcement for better or worse helps out apple die-hards a lot. One of the specs this article did not stress was the memory capacity size of this phone its only available in 32 and 64. Apple and Samsung may have to address this with their next releases because this is a spec consumers do care a lot about and they will expect to get the same amount of memory options from apple if they are paying the same amount for the phone. (Just wishful thinking) 
post #191 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

Oh man, where do I even start with this one?  First let's clear up the troll/shill thing.  I'm neither.  Let's drop the name-calling, right Tallest?  And drop the derisive tone, please.

 

Now let me move on to the part of your argument where you changed everything that you argued before.  In your previous post, you claim a litany of the iPhone's well-known optimizations, saying in part, "Will someone be able to lose so much power, UI speed..."  You're clearly referring to Apple's UI optimization (performance), something of which Android always has been and still is at a deficit in comparison to the iPhone.  I replied that the gap in performance is now narrower than ever.  You then replied that the gap is greater than ever, implying that Apple's lead has increased now over a past gap where the iPhone's lead was narrower.

 

In the reply I quoted for this post, you began by arguing that Android was actually the performance leader until the iPhone 5 and then cited benchmark scores.  As an aside, I would like to point out that benchmarks have never been a viable means of making a point on this forum.  Anyway, you changed your argument from the iPhone being the perennial leader with a now larger performance lead to the iPhone being the perennial loser that has now taken the lead from perennial performance leader Android.  Which is it?

 

Finally, as far as GPU power is concerned, Apple has always had a commanding lead there because it has been one of their focuses.  It's a large part of the reason for their buttery frame rates.  And again, let's talk about build quality some other day when the phone in question is not better built than the iPhone.

Ok. Looks like you couldn't read the part where I said that iPhones were always much faster because of iOS optimizations, even with half the cpu power. I never said that android was the performance leader, far from it. That's java after all.

 

Then I think you missed this part: The new iPhone's GPU beats the mali used on the S3 by a factor of 3 on some tests.

 

Of course, just because android reached 2007 level of iOS smoothness you like to talk as if performance (UI speed) is equal now... It isn't. Like I said, the gap got bigger.

 

Better build quality than the iPhone? If you are drunk, yes.

post #192 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Last I checked, they have a "Back" button, which is the hardware equivalent of Apple's software back button and only takes you back one step.

But last I checked, we were a ways back in candy names. Gingerbread, I think it was. And now we're on Jelly Bean? What was H? Oh, Honeycomb, right; that was tablet only, yeah? What version number was Gingerbread?

Just goes to show how well you "checked". There's always been a home button.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #193 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

It definitely ups the ante.

 

Apple, are you listening.
 

 

Bottom line...The link below is why Apple doesn't need to listen to anyone, especially its competition. I think they know what they're doing. You're not running Apple for a damn good reason. This new "wonderful" HTC phone isn't going to put even the hint of a dent in Apple's iPhone sales. The only thing it may hurt are other android phones. 

 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/02/20/apples-iphone-5-and-iphone-4s-are-worlds-two-most-popular-smartphone-models

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply
post #194 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Bottom line...The link below is why Apple doesn't need to listen to anyone, especially its competition. I think they know what they're doing. You're not running Apple for a damn good reason. This new "wonderful" HTC phone isn't going to put even the hint of a dent in Apple's iPhone sales. The only thing it may hurt are other android phones. 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/02/20/apples-iphone-5-and-iphone-4s-are-worlds-two-most-popular-smartphone-models

HTC big mistake is not making this available on all carriers. Having the DNA on VZW and the One on the others isn't a smart thing to do.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #195 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Another red herring line of bullshit.

Not everyone who buys an Android phone hates Apple. Some people really do want a bigger phone... and it's not out of Apple's purview. Why does a bigger phone always seem to translate as a crap phone to some people.

The answer you gave above is the same crap I heard when rumors about a smaller iPad starting coming online.

I never said only iHaters buy android. Some were pushed to get android, others just wanted a "free" phone with out all the bells and whistles.

I also never said a 5" phone was crap. I said a cheapie phone made with plastic is crap. I also predicted Apple will release a 5" when it feels its good and ready.
post #196 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I never said only iHaters buy android. Some were pushed to get android, others just wanted a "free" phone with out all the bells and whistles.

I also never said a 5" phone was crap. I said a cheapie phone made with plastic is crap. I also predicted Apple will release a 5" when it feels its good and ready.

Did you consider the 3G/3GS as crap? Do you have your extremely well built iPhone in a case? If so, why?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #197 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Did you consider the 3G/3GS as crap? Do you have your extremely well built iPhone in a case? If so, why?

Compared to the 4/4S/5? You are taking about phones release 3-4 years ago. So yeah if those phones are release now with the same design and components, it'll be crap.

I have it in a case now because I dropped it a few times without a case. Luckily no serious damage but just in case...
post #198 of 221
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Just goes to show how well you "checked". There's always been a home button.

 

Well, I wrote a short dissertation about the OS. If their home button did what Apple's did, I figure I'd remember that.

post #199 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


HTC big mistake is not making this available on all carriers. Having the DNA on VZW and the One on the others isn't a smart thing to do.

 

Very true...its about the experience and it should be the same across the board...something Android has never been good at. 

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply
post #200 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Compared to the 4/4S/5? You are taking about phones release 3-4 years ago. So yeah if those phones are release now with the same design and components, it'll be crap.

I have it in a case now because I dropped it a few times without a case. Luckily no serious damage but just in case...

What did plastic all of a sudden become crap? Whenever I say "cheap plastic" I mean the actual type of plastic is cheap. High quality plastic does exist.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • HTC One features 4.7" 1080p display, quad-core CPU, Android 4.1.2 with Sense 5 UI
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › HTC One features 4.7" 1080p display, quad-core CPU, Android 4.1.2 with Sense 5 UI