or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google steps further into the hardware fray, announces touchscreen Chromebook Pixel

Google steps further into the hardware fray, announces touchscreen Chromebook Pixel - Page 5

post #161 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

BFD, I don't care because I have nothing to hide. I went to my office and I allowed Google to take note of my location. I went to the mall and they updated my location. How does this harm me?

First of all, privacy has an intrinsic value of its own. You don't need to have anything to hide to value privacy, it's simply a valuable thing in and of itself, and a requirement for true freedom. Not giving privacy its due value is an extremely naive position, and a dangerous one.

Secondly, not having anything to hide doesn't really matter when people (e.g., law enforcement) start sifting through that data, obtained without warrants, and decide that your behavior is "suspicious" or that you had the means, opportunity and motive to commit some criminal act that you had nothing to do with. You might think that you have nothing to fear if you've done nothing wrong, but tell that to Brandon Mayfield.

The more data someone is storing about all your movements, all your interests, everything you do, the greater the chance that these things will happen to you, and they will happen to more and more people in the future, especially as those who don't value privacy and freedom steer us toward a more proactive system of law enforcement. Yes, many of you will deride these as "tinfoil hat" comments, but dismissing the dangers of Big Data is the surest way to make sure that these things come to pass and that we erode and lose both our privacy and our freedom.

post #162 of 226

You've made some good points about privacy. What I meant is I really don't worry about anything I have shared with Google being revealed because it isn't worth much in my opinion. As far as the email is concerned: Yes I do use different emails. As I mentioned I don't use gmail for anything other than to interact with Google. I have a corporate email for business and a .me address for personal use.

Thanks for a thoughtful reply.  Too often there are knee-jerk "oh yeah?!" responses these days.

As for not being worried about the data you're sharing with Google, I think you would be surprised at the amount of data you're truly sharing, as much of it is not as readily visible as people think.  Unless you're super-diligent (read: borderline obsessive), Google has its fingers in almost everything people do online these days.  Unless you delete cookies immediately after checking your gmail, for example, Google can track almost everything you do online -- and make no mistake, they do.  The breadth and depth of insight they have into people's lives is truly scary.  

When Schmidt made the comment “We know where you are. We know where you’ve been. We can more or less know what you’re thinking about.”, you might think he's talking hyperbole, but this is their goal.  If you don't believe it, another Schmidt quote might hammer it home: “I ACTUALLY think most people don’t want Google to answer their questions, they want Google to tell them what they should be doing next."  I don't know about you, but I vehemently disagree with that statement.  Because there is no such thing as a Delete Button for the data they gather, this is NOT a company I want to have ANY information about me, not my likes/dislikes, my social graph, my real-time location, or anything else.  Real-time location over time is especially bad, but I'll hold back from heading down that path right now.

No Matte == No Sale :-(
No Matte == No Sale :-(
post #163 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

The more data someone is storing about all your movements, all your interests, everything you do, the greater the chance that these things will happen to you, 

Well on the other hand if Google is tracking my every move, then there is at least a record of where I was at any given time in the chance that I need an alibi for law enforcement. lol.gif

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #164 of 226

New Slogan - Google Everywhere.

Sir, Ballmer did the everywhere thing and its not very Apple.

uhh ok - Everywhere Google !

Sir, that's thinking different, very Apple.

post #165 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Thanks for a thoughtful reply.  Too often there are knee-jerk "oh yeah?!" responses these days.

As for not being worried about the data you're sharing with Google, I think you would be surprised at the amount of data you're truly sharing, as much of it is not as readily visible as people think.  Unless you're super-diligent (read: borderline obsessive), Google has its fingers in almost everything people do online these days.  Unless you delete cookies immediately after checking your gmail, for example, Google can track almost everything you do online -- and make no mistake, they do.  The breadth and depth of insight they have into people's lives is truly scary.

Yet the worst that happens is you receive a relevant ad. No threatening letters, no blackmail, no late night calls to your significant other, no messages to your boss on your after-work activities. No dossier on your travels, no reporting to the IRS, no mysterious men-in-black.

They don't pass around your name, discuss your children's poor schoolwork, report your health questions to your insurance company or anything else underhanded or devious that I'm aware of. The exact same thing that Apple (and others) do with your "anonymized" data to work with advertisers, albeit it so far on a smaller scale. They give companies a way to make more effective use of their advertising dollars. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Personally I find Facebook much more intrusive, and seemingly for unclear reasons that go beyond serving up relevant ads. If Google was still bed partners with Apple there would be few if any complaints about them, just as few here complain about Facebook.

Let me ask a simple question:

If Google is so evil, stealing every bit of information they can from you, intruding on your privacy at every opportunity, why is Apple turning you over to them in return for 30 pieces of silver? What would that make Apple?

I don't expect a single one of the resident fear-mongers to answer those questions. I doubt any of them have the cajones.

Edited by Gatorguy - 2/23/13 at 4:43pm
melior diabolus quem scies
post #166 of 226
Quote:

And how does this compare to iCloud cost?

How much do you have to pay Verizon for LTE access?

Shouldn't that be factored in.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #167 of 226
What a useless product. I would rather have MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. Why not include hdd ? That could be great.
post #168 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeroat View Post

What a useless product. I would rather have MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. Why not include hdd ? That could be great.

From what I've read so far, it doesn't look like a product I'd have any interest in. For what it currently does I can't see much advantage over a much less-expensive sub-$300 Chromebook. That's something I can rationalize a use for. Not a Pixel.

post #169 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Yet the worst that happens is you receive a relevant ad. No threatening letters, no blackmail, no late night calls to your significant other, no messages to your boss on your after-work activities. No dossier on your travels, no reporting to the IRS, no mysterious men-in-black. They work with companies for more effective use of their advertising dollars. They don't pass around your name, discuss your children's poor schoolwork, report your health questions to your insurance company or anything else underhanded or devious that I'm aware of. The exact same thing that Apple (and others) do with your "anonymized" data to work with advertisers, albeit it so far on a smaller scale. 

Personally I find Facebook much more intrusive, and seemingly for unclear reasons that go beyond serving up relevant ads. If Google was still bed partners with Apple there would be few if any complaints about them, just as few here complain about Facebook.

If Google is so evil, stealing every bit of information they can from you, intruding on your privacy at every opportunity, why is Apple turning you over to them in return for 30 pieces of silver? What would that make Apple?

I don't expect a single one of the resident fear-mongers to answer those questions. I doubt any of them have the cajones.

Yes, yes, we know you are shilling for Google, but, the problems between Apple and Google are evidence that the claims you make above are not true. As usual, you are misrepresenting reality, which, by now, for you, is so habitual that you don't even think about it.

post #170 of 226
Quote:

Well on the other hand if Google is tracking my every move, then there is at least a record of where I was at any given time in the chance that I need an alibi for law enforcement. lol.gif

All very well and good unless your "alibi" is what put them on to you in the first place.

post #171 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Credit card can be a concern.

1. Buy an iTunes voucher, using cash, from a store across town, in another state while wearing a cap and sunglasses to obscure your face from security camera's.

2. Remove credit card from account or use a voucher to set up your account in the first place.

Personally I prefer the convenience of linking to a credit card, although I also buy iTunes vouchers when they are discounted.

post #172 of 226
Quote:

Quote:

All very well and good unless your "alibi" is what put them on to you in the first place.

That is a risk I am willing to take because the odds are much more likely that I would walk out of my house and be struck by an asteroid than be suspected of any illegal activity.

post #173 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeroat View Post

Because there OS is digital download only and there computers have uselessness for anything but Internet so you might as well get a MacBook (or windows for this matter) and have everything the chrome book has yet more.
post #174 of 226
Quote:

Selling an opportunity to Google which can be overridden by the user changing preferences...

...unless Google acts to override them without consent, again.

post #175 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Selling an opportunity to Google which can be overridden by the user changing preferences...

...unless Google acts to override them without consent, again

So it's perfectly OK for Apple to sell their innocent and unaware users to the evil, spying, privacy stealing Google Search as long as there's something in it for Apple too? That makes Apple sound a bit slimy.  Perhaps the truer explanation would be that Apple doesn't consider Google to be any of the above, putting it's users put in harm's way by making Google the default search engine in return for some blood-money. I seriously doubt you want to accuse Apple of playing the part of Judas, nor should you IMO. You do trust Apple's decision-making don't you?

Both companies do what they do for the money when all is said and done. Neither is going to take a chance on killing their cash cows by betraying the users of their products and services. 

Edited by Gatorguy - 2/22/13 at 3:17pm
post #176 of 226
Quote:

There's no reason to think they will. And, it's a mistake to confuse "gesture friendly" with "touch-ready". One does not equate with the other.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but all signs point in that direction.  OS X is becoming more similar to iOS each year; they will likely be two faces of the same coin in Apple's next operating system (more related than the base that OS X serves as for iOS currently).

You're right that gesture-friendly and touch-ready are different.  The gestures already work just as well on the trackpad as they would on the touch screen.  What about full-screen apps and the launchpad?  Full screen apps are less useful from the perspective of a mouse or trackpad user because the menu bar containing most of the functions is hidden until you hover for a second at the top.  It's easy enough to switch between applications using gestures, so there's no advantage in ease of switching.  They make more sense in a touch environment because it gives the potential for every UI icon to use more space, eliminating space wasted by unnecessary UI elements like the dock.

On to the launchpad, information could be presented in a more space-efficient way if a mouse is being used.  The icons have a gracious amount of space between them because it helps with accurate touches.  Why implement a touch interface so early?  Apple wants its customers to be as comfortable as possible with UI changes.  Right now, the launchpad is an accessory, but later it will probably take a much more prominent role in the OS.  It makes for one less jarring change in OS 11.

post #177 of 226
Quote:

So it's perfectly OK for Apple to sell their innocent and unaware users to the evil, spying, privacy stealing Google Search as long as there's something in it for Apple too? That makes Apple sound a bit slimy.  Perhaps the truer explanation would be that Apple doesn't consider Google to be any of the above, putting it's users put in harm's way by making Google the default search engine in return for some blood-money. I seriously doubt you want to accuse Apple of playing the part of Judas, nor should you IMO. You do trust Apple's decision-making don't you?

Both companies do what they do for the money when all is said and done. Neither is going to take a chance on killing their cash cows by betraying the users of their products and services. 

*faceplam* Your online reputation management skills are getting more noticeable.

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
post #178 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkndrublic View Post

*faceplam* Your online reputation management skills are getting more noticeable.

Just to be clear is that a vote for "Apple is slimy" or "Apple doesn't consider Google evil"? I don't want to misread your intent.

post #179 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Wearable computers might be very alien to Apple. They might have to change their modus operandi to allow for a lot of variety in sizes, shapes, looks because apparel is so varied.

Yes. Or maybe once computer hardware gets so small and ubiquitous it will just come "for free" in your Ray Bans or Tiffany bracelet, and computer companies will partner with the fashion houses to get their ecosystem on the clothes. e.g. your new diamond earrings have a Powered by Apple logo on the box.

post #180 of 226
Quote:

That is a risk I am willing to take because the odds are much more likely that I would walk out of my house and be struck by an asteroid than be suspected of any illegal activity.

A lot of people, even today, are wrongly convicted each year, a lot more than are struck by meteors. The "risks" of Big Data are much higher than you think.

post #181 of 226
Quote:

... Both companies do what they do for the money when all is said and done. Neither is going to take a chance on killing their cash cows by betraying the users of their products and services. 

Here we go again with the false equivalencies. Don't you guys have any other argument technique, or is that all they teach at shill school?

I don't think either of them do what they do primarily for money. Apple 2.0 is driven by the desire to make great products and the money is incidental. Google is driven by megalomania and a desire to dominate and control, a very similar corporate psychology to Microsoft under Gates. And, besides, Google has repeatedly, to use your word, betrayed users, they don't give a damn about users, users are just fodder for them.

post #182 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but all signs point in [the direction of OS X becoming touch enabled]. ...

I disagree, with all your points and all of your analysis, All these things point to enhanced gesture support, not to touch support.

post #183 of 226
Quote:

Just to be clear is that a vote for "Apple is slimy" or "Apple doesn't consider Google evil"? I don't want to misread your intent.

I'm pretty sure it's a vote for "Gatorguy is becoming such an obvious shill", just so you're clear.

post #184 of 226
Quote:

Another day and several posts later and not a single one of the resident "Google is evil" AI members is willing to explain the conundrum and answer two easy questions, instead resorting to insults and vague accusations in their responses. That in itself gives you the answer. 

post #185 of 226
Quote:

Another day and several posts later and not a single one of the resident "Google is evil" AI members is willing to explain the conundrum and answer two easy questions, instead resorting to insults and vague accusations in their responses. That in itself gives you the answer. 

I don't understand your question. In what way is Apple selling you to Google? By including their search engine in the browser? You can change that to another or use no search at all.

By not blocking all sites as Phishing if they have AdSense ads? By letting you choose to add Gmail to Mail on their OSes?

By letting Google sell apps on the App Store? Google isn't breaking any laws with these apps but Apple probably would be if they denied Google to be on their App Stores simply because they are Google.

The main difference boils down if you want to be the customer or the product. Soylent Goog is people! But there's nothing wrong with that.

I use Google Apps to funnel business email with my domain and local phone exchange through them. I pay a whopping $5/month for it and I'm grateful I don't need to setup my own mail server which would cost more money and tok much time with less reliability, but Charleston Heston and I are aware of why the price is so reasonable.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

post #186 of 226
Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand your question. In what way is Apple selling you to Google? By including their search engine in the browser? You can change that to another or use no search at all.

Yes that was his question and a valid one in my opinion. Perhaps it is not about the money, but instead Apple allows Google to be the default because they feel it is the best search engine and Apple just wants to offer an improved user experience to their customers, but somehow I suspect it is more about the money.

post #187 of 226
Quote:

Sure you understand it. Apple could integrate Bing into their OS for search. They could use Yahoo. They could even go so far as to use DuckDuckGo. They don't.

If Google was really the evil, thieving, privacy-invading company that a handful of members here repeat often and vehemently then Apple would be no better for making them the recommended and default search provider on Apple devices, an implicit endorsement of Google. You can't have it both ways. Either Apple is knowingly selling you out to the devil for a price, a "slimy Apple", or good and evil don't matter as it's all about the money, or Apple doesn't consider Google an intrusion or threat to their customers, choosing to integrate Google as the best available search experience and the one for Apple owners to trust. Two of those three don't portray Apple in the best light.

Which is it?

Edited by Gatorguy - 2/23/13 at 12:04pm
post #188 of 226
Quote:

Sure you understand it. Apple could integrate Bing into their OS for search. They could use Yahoo. They could even go so far as to use DuckDuckGo. They don't.

If Google was really the evil, thieving, privacy-invading company that a handful of members here repeat often and vehemently then Apple would be no better for making them the recommended and default search provider on Apple devices, an implicit endorsement of Google. You can't have it both ways. Either Apple is knowingly selling you out to the devil for a price, a "slimy Apple", or good and evil don't matter as it's all about the money, or Apple doesn't consider Google an intrusion or threat to their customers, choosing to integrate Google as the best available search experience and the one for Apple owners to trust. Two of those three don't portray Apple in the best light.

Which is it?

Why make it so binary like a child's fairytale where the dichotomy between good and evil are mutually exclusive with no overlap? Apple clearly doesn't operate the way Google does when it comes to your personal information but that doesn't mean they will not allow you to use Google's services.

I agree with mstone that it's likely about money as to why it's the primary engine in Safari but it's also the best search (of course jragosta might issue with me saying that since there is no way to definitively prove it). However, since it's not the only search engine included I don't see why that's a problem.

If we want to make something with many facets simple I guess we can say Apple is evil and doesn't support a democratic republic because it does business in China. I think that's as foolish as saying Apple is evil or supports evil by allowing users to access Google's services from their devices.

PS: I really dislike the use of the word evil. I think Google acts in less honest ways towards 'us' (not using the word customer) than Apple but in no way does that make them evil. When Google moves their HQ from Mountain View to an extinct volcano in the middle of the ocean with a skull carved on one side of the rock face then we can start to talk about a company being evil.

post #189 of 226
Quote:
Which is it?

It doesn't have to be either or. 

One scenario is that to be fair to the other search engines, Apple sets the default to which ever search engine is the highest bidder. In that case it is not necessarily an implicit endorsement, just a simple, fair, transaction. If they were to set that coveted default status based on some anti-competitive favoritism then that could be viewed as unfair. Sort of how AI alters links to 9to5 Mac...dumb.

post #190 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger View Post

Touchscreen are nearly worthless on Laptops and destops....

The excellent trackpads are far better in almost every way when using a laptop or desktop app. There might be a few paint program that would benefit form a touch screen, but quite limited....
This only means Google does what Google do best - checks what others do and tries to duplicate/improve what they think that has some potential.

Thus the switch from old school to touch-screen smartphones for Android after iPhone was released.

And implementation of touch screen in laptops for Chromebook, after Windows 8 started this trend on Windows laptops and AIOs.

I actually don't mind them doing this. I don't think that any company should held market hostage in general things like this. I mean, imagine what would happen should Toshiba (or was it Compaq?) has got a patent on clamshell laptops design, and refuse to license it to others? There would be no MBPs, ThinkPads... all the good machines we use and like nowadays.

My concern here is - is that OS really set for touch? Last time I checked it, it didn't look like touch friendly environment. If so - what is the point?
post #191 of 226
Quote:

Why make it so binary like a child's fairytale where the dichotomy between good and evil are mutually exclusive with no overlap? Apple clearly doesn't operate the way Google does when it comes to your personal information but that doesn't mean they will not allow you to use Google's services.

I agree with mstone that it's likely about money as to why it's the primary engine in Safari but it's also the best search (of course jragosta might issue with me saying that since there is no way to definitively prove it). However, since it's not the only search engine included I don't see why that's a problem.

If we want to make something with many facets simple I guess we can say Apple is evil and doesn't support a democratic republic because it does business in China. I think that's as foolish as saying Apple is evil or supports evil by allowing users to access Google's services from their devices.

PS: I really dislike the use of the word evil. I think Google acts in less honest ways towards 'us' (not using the word customer) than Apple but in no way does that make them evil. When Google moves their HQ from Mountain View to an extinct volcano in the middle of the ocean with a skull carved on one side of the rock face then we can start to talk about a company being evil.

The "evil" tag comes from certain AI members' comments, and that's the only reason for using that particular word. I completely agree that "good and evil", "black and white" or even "yes or no" often have fuzzy edges.

Where we would disagree is that you apparently aren't considering Apple's endorsement of Google as the default search engine for iPhones, iPads and the like as a de-facto "Apple Seal of Approval". What's your reasoning if that's correct?  I think most users of Apple products trust them to make the right feature choices, By choosing Google as their default, recommended search partner aren't they telling the average Apple user that Google is both trusted and the right choice for most? Sure Apple customers can look for a different search provider if they are aware of some reason why they should. I suspect most accept whatever Apple already chose for them.

post #192 of 226

Gotta laugh at this nice bit of trolling from cnet.  Google can show Apple a thing or two because their laptop has LTE and a touchscreen?  1) since the device essentially requires an internet connection putting LTE on the laptop is a no brainer.  But I can see people eating through data plans quite quickly.  2) Adding touchscreen seems to be more about being able to check a feature off a list than anything else. Right now Chrome OS isn't optimized for touch so what's the point?  Also I think the jury is still out on whether touchscreen on laptops is the way to go and is what people want.  Apple thinks muti-touch gestures via trackpad is a better way to go.

So no cnet, Google hasn't shown Apple anything other than they're bad at copying Apple's laptop designs.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57570862-94/google-laptop-shows-apple-a-thing-or-two/

post #193 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Gotta laugh at this nice bit of trolling from cnet.  Google can show Apple a thing or two because their laptop has LTE and a touchscreen?  1) since the device essentially requires an internet connection putting LTE on the laptop is a no brainer.  But I can see people eating through data plans quite quickly.  2) Adding touchscreen seems to be more about being able to check a feature off a list than anything else. Right now Chrome OS isn't optimized for touch so what's the point?  Also I think the jury is still out on whether touchscreen on laptops is the way to go and is what people want.  Apple thinks muti-touch gestures via trackpad is a better way to go.

So no cnet, Google hasn't shown Apple anything other than they're bad at copying Apple's laptop designs.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57570862-94/google-laptop-shows-apple-a-thing-or-two/

I don't think it's a great first effort from Google either. The price is too high and the local storage is a bit too low IMO. I'm not even a fan of the design.

Anyway, Google Chrome IS supposedly touch-optimized, tho I've no idea how well it's done. I'm sure there will be frequent improvements if the rate of Chrome updates keeps pace with the past. I've never used it, nor have most folks yet so it could be fairly poor right now. Dunno, but the touch efforts from Google certainly aren't new. It was noted to be in develop over two years ago.

http://www.ifans.com/blog/27492/

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2013/02/chromes-giant-touch-optimized-menu.html

post #194 of 226

Knowledge is power.  Fear is often the result of lack of knowledge.

1. Location.  Some have expressed the idea that "Google knows everywhere you go".   Well, not unless you use one of their services, and you've enabled location.  Similarily, doing a Siri search tells Apple where you are as well.  In either case, just turn off your location.  Sometimes I do that;  most often I do want localized search results.

When the government wants to know where you've been, they usually go straight to the phone companies instead.  For anything else, both Apple and Google terms of service state they cooperate with legal requests.

2.  What info have they have stored about us, and can we delete it.  

Sign into your https://www.google.com/dashboard/  and you can see and edit all your searches, profile.  You can even empty or disable custom voice files that are used to help with your own recognition.  (Apple also stores such files.)

Then open a window to  http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/  and you can see, and edit, the profile they use for serving up ads to you, and even opt out of personalized ads altogether.

You'd probably be surprised how boring your profile actually is.

--

If you still worry about Google, then just don't use their services.  Problem solved.  However, a lot of us prefer Google over other search engines.

What I do when I want to make some private searches on a shared family tablet, is simply open a new search page that I'm not signed in on.  I also turn off search history in the settings link at the bottom of the page.  Then the searches are not associated with my account, and they're not remembered,

Instead of being fearful, take control.

Edited by KDarling - 2/24/13 at 3:18am
post #195 of 226
Quote:

The "evil" tag comes from certain AI members' comments, and that's the only reason for using that particular word. I completely agree that "good and evil", "black and white" or even "yes or no" often have fuzzy edges.

Where we would disagree is that you apparently aren't considering Apple's endorsement of Google as the default search engine for iPhones, iPads and the like as a de-facto "Apple Seal of Approval". What's your reasoning if that's correct?  I think most users of Apple products trust them to make the right feature choices, By choosing Google as their default, recommended search partner aren't they telling the average Apple user that Google is both trusted and the right choice for most? Sure Apple customers can look for a different search provider if they are aware of some reason why they should. I suspect most accept whatever Apple already chose for them.

Question to you, why participate in these forums, when its obvious you don't care for apple.  Seems like you have a lot of time on your hands, just to argue on a forum that you don not favor.  Pretty interesting on your character, do you often like wasting time, do you do anything productive with your life?

post #196 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkndrublic View Post

Question to you, why participate in these forums, when its obvious you don't care for apple. 

That's where you're wrong. I'm extremely interested in Apple, their innovations and their products. Watching their growth, the interactions they have with other tech players, the influences they have on the industry and the business moves they make is nearly akin to watching an HBO series. I admire Apple. I also admire the influence Google has had on the industry too, Apple included. You've just mistaken what not hating Google and everything they do means. It's not anti-Apple even tho the most diehard Apple fans may think so.

Edited by Gatorguy - 2/23/13 at 8:08pm
post #197 of 226
Quote:

Now that I've answered your question do you have the honesty to answer mine? Repeated once more in post 185 if your forgot them. Surprise me as I don't think you do.

Give it a rest. I gave your original question credit as being a valid argument and also responded with what I thought was a reasonable explanation (post 190). You neither acknowledged or challenged my comment so now I think you are only trying to stir up trouble.

post #198 of 226

I already noted the same as you did two posts prior to that as the second of three possibilities. My apologies to you for not specifically acknowledging your post. Your opinion was absolutely a valid one, and one I tend to agree with. It's more about the money than anything else, tho if Google was that bad not even the money would be enough.

EDIT: Thank you MStone for bringing to my attention that I was doing just what I dislike seeing others do. Taunting another forum member is just a form of trolling and absolutely not acceptable. More apologies to you for needing to point it out to me and to punkndrublic for being the target of the taunt. I've gone back and edited that post.

Edited by Gatorguy - 2/24/13 at 4:16am
post #199 of 226

Edited by ascii - 2/24/13 at 10:55pm
post #200 of 226
And...

0715_bing2_380.jpg

PS: I just "discovered" that you can copy an image URL in iOS. Long press on image then press Copy, Paste in address bar to display URL, then Select All, then Copy. Now you can Paste it anywhere. Am I just really late to the party here or I did I stumble upon so,etching obscure in iOS?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google steps further into the hardware fray, announces touchscreen Chromebook Pixel