or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung unwraps Galaxy Note 8.0 to take on Apple's iPad mini

Samsung unwraps Galaxy Note 8.0 to take on Apple's iPad mini - Page 5

post #161 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwal View Post

There are many times I wished I could have two windows side by side on the iPad.  They both don't need to be running, but I do need to see what is on the screen of both.  Having to switch back and forth between two apps is a PITA.

Yes.  There are many times that side by side windows are handy.  Just look at all the dual window browsers in the App Store.  Also...

• Referencing web sites, emails, photos, documents, etc, while writing another document or email, are common examples.   
  • Heck, there are many times when I post to a forum, and need to reference notes with links and charts.
  • When thunderstorms are coming, I often keep a window open with the weather radar, so I know when to prepare for power outages.
  • Being able to watch TV in one side, or a remote baby room viewer, while doing something else in another, would also be nice.

I think that the next big things in tablets will be more tiled multitasking, and more multi-user support for families / work.

Edited by KDarling - 2/25/13 at 7:51pm
post #162 of 165

Making a different size of something isn't an original idea.

post #163 of 165
"Samsung make the Note a smartphone because it can get generous subsidy from the carriers " Not being as dominant they actually have to give the user what they want, not what they are told they need.. Phablets are where its at. Yup, 'Watch' the future on this.
post #164 of 165

I think Samsung will get the price right, because at this point their main competitor isn't the iPad mini really, it's the Nexus 7. If I were going to get a small tablet, I'd take a serious look at the Nexus 7. It's light, it's slick, it's got an OK screen, and it's over $100 less than the iPad mini. If all you want to do is some basic media consumption, why pay more? So, that's the market the Samsung device is entering. They need to come in at or below the Nexus 7.

post #165 of 165

A European dealer claimed he was told it would be about the same price as the iPad mini.

With the Wacom digitizer built in, I don't think it would be sold as low as the Nexus 7 can be.

It'll be interesting to see.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung unwraps Galaxy Note 8.0 to take on Apple's iPad mini