or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Domestic Mac sales grow 31% as Apple catches up with iMac demand

Domestic Mac sales grow 31% as Apple catches up with iMac demand - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstryfe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Why don't you buy a Mac Pro? And if you're in Europe, many APRs still sell them.
Well, I like the Mac Pro, but it starts at 2000 dollars. My gaming PC with a nVidia GTX 660, 24" monitor (a tiny bezel one so it would fit in my space- tight but gorgeous with HDMI), an HDMI KVM and a Mac Mini for my mac things the total is 1600. And remember I gotta get a monitor for that Mac Pro, so I wasn't escaping for under 2200. That's a lot of money difference. Also ,the graphics card choices for the Mac are, well, limited. If I was committed to the Mac, had professional things I could only do on it, I would be buying it. But the fact is the PC gives me a lot more options for the things I want at a much lower cost. Trust me, it does not please me one bit - this machine is loud, clunky and graceless. Windows 8 feels like a modern version of the old System 7 At Ease extension. But it's a powerhouse compared to even that 2000$ Mac Pro in the realm of gaming, which is what I wanted to do. All I need to do to decide if I made a good choice is boot up WoW and look into the max draw distance on Ultra.

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation. Your choice makes sense. Game on
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
"See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
- Roger Sterling
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

It's a Zen thing,

"zen thing" right! Most people call it form over function. Zen (the correct meaning) is ruined when you have to add an extra drive.

SD card slot hidden out of sight (to increase form) and a pain to get to (reducing function).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

thinner......eliminating a layer of glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Best View Post

lack of DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

how much jet fuel is being saved by shipping lighter iMac's. And less materials in it's (sic) construction

Well, at least the cheaper material cost, money saved not fitting a drive, reduction in shipping costs and the natural reduction in the price of RAM is passed down to the buyer ¡ 

That way we can put that saving towards the extra DVD drive and the extortionate prices they are charging for their SSD upgrades. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Domestic Mac sales grow 31% as Apple catches up with iMac demand