or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung adds security layer to Android to gain enterprise credibility

Samsung adds security layer to Android to gain enterprise credibility - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Is it true that Android doesn't support WPA-Enterprise?
If I read it right it did, then it didn't, then it does again.

So it does work? Or we simply cannot tell from all the user responses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmorr View Post

Is the Pentagon a serious enough government user of Android for you?

Thanks for that link:
Quote:
The Pentagon has more than 600,000 mobile devices, including 470,000 BlackBerrys, 41,000 Apple products and 8,700 platforms running Google’s Android operating system, according to the statement. Many of the Apple and Android products aren’t connected to Defense Department networks except for testing.

Seems like BB is still king then. I wonder if that has anything to do with WPA Enterprise...
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #42 of 49
Quote:

Seems like BB is still king then. I wonder if that has anything to do with WPA Enterprise...

Doubtful.  The whole point of using a Blackberry is because of its support for push over the cellular network, not for its WiFi capabilities.

Re: Pentagon device count.  It doesn't differentiate between secure and insecure, although it did point out that even most of the Blackberrys were not being used for secure data.

I wonder if the total includes all the iPod touches that were deployed as translators, and iPads used as flight bags.

post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Quote:

Doubtful.  The whole point of using a Blackberry is because of its support for push over the cellular network, not for its WiFi capabilities.

Re: Pentagon device count.  It doesn't differentiate between secure and insecure, although it did point out that even most of the Blackberrys were not being used for secure data.

I wonder if the total includes all the iPod touches that were deployed as translators, and iPads used as flight bags.

That seems like a very valid point. Too tired right now to respond - signing off...
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'd love to quote this, but…

¡ is sarcasm.

Well, that's the first time I've seen it used.  sorry.

post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Kudos to Samsung for providing what Google can't.

Samsung should be banned from being purchased by US Government, since they are a foreign based company.

post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I've been using it for about 5 or 6 years on this forum. It's not catching on as I had hoped.

Quote:

Samsung should be banned from being purchased by US Government, since they are a foreign based company.

There is certainly an argument to be made there but is there anything in use by the government that is not US made? Of course. If it has a circuit board of any type I think it needs to be vetted more thoroughly and if the product is made outside the US and/or uses a logic board that was manufactured out the US they need to be even more thorough, which also includes Apple's products.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #47 of 49

Hey, no worries. It seems to be far more prevalent here than elsewhere.

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
I've been using it for about 5 or 6 years on this forum. It's not catching on as I had hoped.

On the contrary! As of late it's quite popular. I'd have thought you'd be pleased with how much it has expanded. Back then it was just you using it. lol.gif

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #48 of 49
Quote:

So is Blackberry.  And Airbus.

Back during the Cold War, the US bent over backwards to give lucrative contracts to homeland manufacturers such as TI, fearing any dependency on outside sources.  The last thing we wanted, was to lose access to critical chips if a war denied us access to factories overseas.

Nowadays, everything's about saving money.  Using off-the-shelf equipment, instead of custom gear, is a major push.  That's why we see iPads and iPods being used, even though they're manufactured in China.

post #49 of 49
As if any Android device could be considered secure.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung adds security layer to Android to gain enterprise credibility