or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple to announce 'iPhone 5S' in June alongside low-cost fiberglass and plastic handset, analyst says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple to announce 'iPhone 5S' in June alongside low-cost fiberglass and plastic handset, analyst... - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Originally Posted by Lw9957 View Post
if not, apple might lose people to Samsung.

 

Don't worry; they won't.


It you ever go to an AT&T store, hold a 4.8 inch phone in yr hand, you know whtat I mean.

 

Yep, it's just about the stupidest thing you can imagine.


strange, such an obvious thing takes apple forever to understand!!

 

Probably because they don't misunderstand it.


Apple loses in screen size.

 

No.


Screen size is it!!

 

No.


Also Samsung can plug in sd cards.

 

Whoop-de-fricking-frick. Not a single person cares.


Originally Posted by poksi View Post
Samsung actually introduced the concept…


Not quite.

 

Quote:

Why have Apple listened with iPad.

 

I assume you mean "lead". Because they made the 10" version first, not the stupid small one first. 

 

You'll notice they continue to lead for years after others made their "range", as you claim.


iPhone 5 screen size, or even better: the absence of a second version with larger screen is the biggest flop Apple has done since putting Scully on the board. Adding second line to most crucial company's product after 6 year is nothing more than failure. 

 

Abject nonsense. This crap needs to be deletable.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #42 of 52
I don't know why they haven't considered using carbon fiber like you see on road bikes. Carbon fiber is a very light and durable compound That can withstand pretty much anything. I'm looking forward to the upcoming rumored 5 inch screened iPhone that's suppose to arrive sometime this year.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

The iPhone is still a trailblazer in all the things that actually matter: Reliability, stability, build quality, ecosystem, responsiveness, screen quality, app quality/quantity, support, etc. Do Samsung phones have poorly implemented, barely used gimmicks simply for the sake of marketing? Sure. Does that mean they're 'trailbalzers'? No, it doesn't. 

Appropriate-  I wish the folks marketing Apple products would get it too.  I would create ads to highlighted this point.  Gimmicks are needless.  

Please!  Where is John Hodgeman playing the lame Android dude fumbling around when we need him.

post #44 of 52
I have just bought the iphone 5. if they make a cheaper phone with the same insides at half the price I will not be happy, they did the same thing to me with the ipad 3. it will be last iphone that I will buy.

If you invest in top of the range you dont expect it to be outdated in six months or less. Just greedy and unacceptable
post #45 of 52
Originally Posted by nantos View Post
I have just bought the iphone 5.

 

Good for you! Enjoy it, for it will receive the newest software for the next three years.


if they make a cheaper phone with the same insides at half the price I will not be happy

 

Tech changes; get over it.


…they did the same thing to me with the iPad 3.

 

No, they did absolutely nothing to you whatsoever. Nothing happened to you. Do not claim this is the case.


…it will be last iPhone that I will buy.

 

Good luck with that. Not only will you come crawling back after the crap in the rest of the industry, they do what you're whining about an order of magnitude more often.


If you invest…

 

Except technology is not an investment. Your problem is one of comprehension and understanding, not being "shorted" with new technology.


…in top of the range you don't expect it to be outdated in six months or less. 

 

EXCEPT YOU DO. That's how technology works. It's obsolete before it's released. How is this no longer part of the general public's assumption? It was two decades ago.

 

"My new computer's got the clocks; it rocks; but it was obsolete before I opened the box…"

 

Even had a song about it… 


Just greedy and unacceptable

 

"No one in the industry but Apple has ever released a new product at any time for any reason. No technology from any company but Apple has ever been updated at any time or for any reason. And even if they had, no company has ever released a product update more frequently than Apple. Apple is evil. Apple wants money."

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lw9957 View Post

Is this going to be 4.8 inch or 5 inch?

 

if not, apple might lose people to Samsung. It you ever go to an AT&T store, hold a 4.8 inch phone in yr hand, you know whtat I mean.

 

strange, such an obvious thing takes apple forever to understand!! Apple loses in screen size. Average people won't pay too much attention to finger print login or speed... Screen size is it!!

Also Samsung can plug in sd cards.

 Apple is purely arrogant , if not slow. Their product managers should be sacked.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

 

Just once, I'd like to read an intelligent introductory post, rather than this shit. I like how you manage to conflate screensizes, and SD cards with arrogance. I'm pretty sure Apple's manager are infinitely smarter than you'll ever hope to be, as they've contributed to making Apple the most successful company on the planet, sd card or not. Also, almost 50 million iPhones were sold last quarter, which means there's a shitload of people who don't want a 5 inch phone. Go sack yourself before you get hurt. 

 

Business is war, Google has allowed the flood gates of Android competition to open and it really is a fight for survival. The phone manufacturers know that the next 5 years is do or die and they are pulling out all the stops. Apple is resting on it's laurels and mindshare. The fact is most people including me want a bigger screen but I sooner eat my left foot then go google or buy Korean - But we can only wait so long, and those who don't care will buy Androids more and more. Just like my Mac Pro - 2008 waiting, waiting waiting. There is a certain point with us Apple faithful, when we will say enough and go to the darkside. Apple needs to flood all market nitches and fight to the death. Look at Intel - AMD was eating their lunch and they pulled out all the stops and snuffed them out in the PC processor market, Apple needs to do that in the phone/tablet market - but I think their monolithic culture won't allow business sense to prevail. Apple give the customer a choice - the market is mature and little details and choices matter!!!! We need marketshare to increase not decrease.

post #47 of 52

I think/hope your being sarcastic.

Everything you buy is an investment. Yes, even a 600 euro phone is an investment. The return on your investment is using a top of the range phone that will work as expected for a certain amount of time and that will keep a “predictable” second hand value during its lifetime. Replacing it so quickly will erode its value and the cache you expect from buying “the best”. If you buy a swatch you assume it will be replaced before the next fashion season and have no expectations regarding its longevity or its second hand value, if you buy a rolex you are buying a top of the range product and your expectations are quite different although both of them are quitw capable of telling the time. That’s the difference between consumer and high end. Your margins are higher but you have to satisfy a few criteria.

 

The ipad 3; They sold the ipad 3 as a revolutionary product with a revolutionary screen and in just a few months replaced it with a “new” model because they wanted to push the new connectors. After 10 years of using apple it made me rethink my relationship with apple products and have just bought myself a windows tablet. Im writing this using ms office. For the foreseeable future I will not buy a new ipad.

Apple used to have unique offerings but no longer. Android offers much more bang for the buck and has the google powerhouse behind it, windows 8 phone/tablets are very good and both these mobile OS are very capable and much more practical than IOS6. I recommended the nokia Lumia 620 to a couple friend that were thinking of buying an iPhone 4s/5. Its less than half the price of an iphone, the os is very smooth, has great Nokia hardware/software, expandable memory with micro sd, has a better camera than the iphone 4s and is more configurable. This is coming from an apple user of macbooks, imacs, routers, iphones, apple tv etc.

Apples technology advantage is gone forever, it’s a new paradigm for them. they have to look at their existing customers to maintain sales and should stop running around trying to please wall street. They ignore this at their own peril.

post #48 of 52
Originally Posted by nantos View Post
The return on your investment is using a top of the range phone that will work as expected for a certain amount of time

 

It's going to work, receiving software updates, for three further years. Beyond that it will continue to work until the battery loses its charge in roughly two decades. 


that will keep a “predictable” second hand value during its lifetime

 

Apple couldn't care less about second hand value. Rest assured that because it's an Apple product you'll have that.


Replacing it so quickly will erode its value and the cache you expect from buying “the best”.

 

Apple also doesn't give a flying frick about caché. And neither should you!


If you buy a swatch you assume it will be replaced before the next fashion season and have no expectations regarding its longevity or its second hand value. if you buy a rolex you are buying a top of the range product and your expectations are quite different

 

I don't know if you've noticed, but Rolex makes new models every year. According to you, that immediately renders your model worthless, when in reality it doesn't. 


The ipad 3; They sold the ipad 3 as a revolutionary product with a revolutionary screen and in just a few months replaced it with a “new” model because they wanted to push the new connectors.

 

That's all well and good for a fantasy, but the reality is quite different. No, it was sold as an evolutionary product, taking advantage of the type and quality of screen Apple had introduced two years prior. In seven months, they replaced it with an ENTIRELY new model with COMPLETELY different internals for the purpose of stepping up their preemptive fight against others in the market. Whether it was specifically a punch in the face of the Surface (which, brand new, was a worse machine than the even the iPad 3) or simply an opportune moment for an iOS family update, we'll never know. 

 

If "Lightning across the board" had been their sole intention, they would have stopped selling the iPhone 4, 4S, and iPad 2.


After 10 years of using apple it made me rethink my relationship with apple products and have just bought myself a windows tablet. Im writing this using ms office. For the foreseeable future I will not buy a new ipad.

 

Good for you. Enjoy the Ribbon.


Apple used to have unique offerings but no longer.

 

Yeah, you can get iOS from anyone these days¡


Android offers much more bang for the buck
google powerhouse

 

I'm done here. You're just a troll.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #49 of 52

 

 

By the things you have written I can only conclude that:

 

-You have no clue as to what marketing is all about

-You have no retail experience

-Most of what you have written is not completly thought out

-Im debating with myself as to your real knowledge of technology…

-I could respond to each and every one of the points you made on your last post but I wont.

 

have a nice day

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

It's going to work, receiving software updates, for three further years. Beyond that it will continue to work until the battery loses its charge in roughly two decades. 

 

Apple couldn't care less about second hand value. Rest assured that because it's an Apple product you'll have that.

 

Apple also doesn't give a flying frick about caché. And neither should you!

 

I don't know if you've noticed, but Rolex makes new models every year. According to you, that immediately renders your model worthless, when in reality it doesn't. 

 

That's all well and good for a fantasy, but the reality is quite different. No, it was sold as an evolutionary product, taking advantage of the type and quality of screen Apple had introduced two years prior. In seven months, they replaced it with an ENTIRELY new model with COMPLETELY different internals for the purpose of stepping up their preemptive fight against others in the market. Whether it was specifically a punch in the face of the Surface (which, brand new, was a worse machine than the even the iPad 3) or simply an opportune moment for an iOS family update, we'll never know. 

 

If "Lightning across the board" had been their sole intention, they would have stopped selling the iPhone 4, 4S, and iPad 2.

 

Good for you. Enjoy the Ribbon.

 

Yeah, you can get iOS from anyone these days¡

 

I'm done here. You're just a troll.

post #50 of 52
Originally Posted by nantos View Post
-I could respond to each and every one of the points you made on your last post but I wont.

 

Right, because you have no argument beyond "I don't own the newest anymore; I demand the newest be the newest for as long as I want it to be". Once again, enjoy your Windows tablet. I'm sure it will provide an experience (of some sort) to you.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #51 of 52
iPhone 5S could be delayed to September

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Jefferies+Slashes+Apple+%28AAPL%29+Price+Target+to+$420%3B+Sees+Later+iPhone+Launches/8175878.html
Jefferies Slashes Apple (AAPL) Price Target to $420; Sees Later iPhone Launches
Quote:
The analyst cut calendar Q1 iPhone estimate from 37.5M to 35M due to builds being only ~25M. He cut revenues to $41 billion (guidance $41-$43 billion; consensus $43 billion) but see a 25% probability of missed guidance due to sales slowing even further in H2:Mar after Samsung's Galaxy S4 launch event this Thursday.
The firm's checks indicate Apple's suppliers are having problems with the new casing colors leading to a push out from Jun to Jul-Sep after Apple hoped to pull forward the update. Checks also indicate pricing of the low-cost iPhone will be $350-$450 as some of the specs are higher-end than we expected
The iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 may not be enough, according to the analyst. "The phones could have fingerprint technology and we believe Apple is trying to move the iPhone 6 launch to CQ1 to stop the hemorrhaging to phablets, but historically when handset makers fall out of favor (e.g., the RAZR, BBRY, HTC) they fall faster/further than expected. :eek:

post #52 of 52
Originally Posted by Prima Kingu View Post
iPhone 5S could be delayed to September

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Jefferies+Slashes+Apple+%28AAPL%29+Price+Target+to+$420%3B+Sees+Later+iPhone+Launches/8175878.html
Jefferies Slashes Apple (AAPL) Price Target to $420; Sees Later iPhone Launches

 

How is it a "delay" when it was never going to come out any sooner than that in the first place?
 

REAL NICE SPIN, IDIOTS.

 

I love all the "hemorrhaging" talk when Apple outsells every single other company even when their phones are a year old. These people need to be jailed.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple to announce 'iPhone 5S' in June alongside low-cost fiberglass and plastic handset, analyst says