or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple predicted to announce plans for growing cash pile by April, will add $42B over 2013

Apple predicted to announce plans for growing cash pile by April, will add $42B over 2013 - Page 2

post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

No CEO of Apple, except Steve, has ever demonstrated having what it takes to make Apple grow and progress.  A three year old child could have done as well as Cook.  Apple is like a bulk ore carrier that has so much momentum that if you turned the engines off, it would sail on for 40 kilometers before it coasted to a stop.

Except in Apples case, the "bulk ore carrier" appears to be actually getting faster.  We have increased money pouring in the bank (even with increased R&D investments increasing), no real evidence of product release slow down (in the iPads case increased to six monthly), installer base increasing exponentially (think iTunes, apple software, third party software)......  and all this in a massive market turn down (the bulk ore carrier is actually going up hill in your analogy).

post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

There is no net benefit to shareholders, the share count stays the same.

The number of outstanding shares already dropped.

And btw shareholders would even benefit if the share count just didn't increase anymore as it did for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poksi View Post

Apple board can't do anything with the money because:

- their business model speaks against acquisitions, they suck at it, they don't really know, how to turn such investments into money through their products. Small technology acquisitions do not really matter and cost that much

It doesn't make sense to make a big acquisition just because you have the money. That's a very stupid business model.

Edited by smalM - 3/12/13 at 6:04am
post #43 of 51
Quote:

No CEO of Apple, except Steve, has ever demonstrated having what it takes to make Apple grow and progress.  A three year old child could have done as well as Cook.  Apple is like a bulk ore carrier that has so much momentum that if you turned the engines off, it would sail on for 40 kilometers before it coasted to a stop.

So what you've concluded in your "Tim Cook is as effective as a 3yo child" report is that anything positive under Cook can be attributed to Steve Job's reign before Cook and anything negative is Tim Cook's fault. Brilliant¡

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I wonder… 

I wonder if a Google purchase could legally go through IF Apple was forced to release Motorola as its own company AND hand Android over to Motorola, completely sight unseen.

Think about it: Apple would be completely destroying their competitor while absorbing everything that made it marginally decent… and Motorola couldn't possibly manage Android effectively, so Android would be dead, Motorola would be dead, and everyone else using Android would have to scramble to buy Android away from them.

Well (not being entirely serious here) they could buy Google and close down Android so as not to own a monopoly if mobile operating systems. They'd still have enough left to buy Intel and Amazon adding in the money coming this year leaving them still very well off. 1smile.gif
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
post #45 of 51
Quote:

Tim had a major part to play in the success of Apple under Steve. You seem to forget this.
post #46 of 51
Hostile takeover of Microsoft to become the only significant game in town.
post #47 of 51
No CEO of Apple, except Steve, has ever demonstrated having what it takes to make Apple grow and progress.

ENOUGH.

All American citizens are human beings.

The queen of England is not an American citizen.

Therefore the queen of England is not a human being.

This is you. Stop.

Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post
Given they did $12.45 per share last fiscal 2Q and current estimates are for $10.18/share and even those numbers are above what the company guided when they said 'this time we mean what we say' then yes, they will miss.

Yep, let's just completely ignore why they changed their projections.

Oh yeah, Samsung and Google will grow and have record earnings.

Enjoy your fantasyland, slapppy.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #48 of 51
Sigh. Apple does NOT have a "cash" pile. They've invested it just like any other business. Of course keeping some liquid for immediate needs but otherwise used to buy income generating securities or whatever.
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Sigh. Apple does NOT have a "cash" pile. They've invested it just like any other business. Of course keeping some liquid for immediate needs but otherwise used to buy income generating securities or whatever.

I'm pretty such it looks something like this...

scrooge_mcduck.jpg

post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post

I predict apple will increase the dividend to between $13 and $15 per share.  Probably closer to the 13 than the 15. 

My guess is that they boost the dividend to $24 per share per year, and do a $30 one time dividend.  With only a $13 dividend, the cash pile will still grow $30 to $35 billion this year, which is way too much.

With a $24 dividend, they would have to repatriate $3 or $4/share in foreign profits each quarter, no big deal.

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #51 of 51
Quote:

Apple should buy Vodafone.

Or China Mobile. They could buy a controlling interest with just their overseas funds last I checked.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple predicted to announce plans for growing cash pile by April, will add $42B over 2013