or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone with new Galaxy S4

Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone with new Galaxy S4 - Page 7

post #241 of 271
Originally Posted by hfts View Post
You are paid by google or samdung. I have asked you countless times to justify your presence on our site.
You refuse to.
This implies you are paid, if you have nothing to hide, tell us all why you are on this site. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting.

No, that's not what it implies. It implies a right to privacy.

On the topic of 'paid shills':

Let's not anymore. It's certainly not impossible. They DO exist. We've even had some here in the past. 

But I'm not sure I (at least) want to see it anymore unless the person making the accusation has proof. Even then, it should not be posted publicly; PM one of us mods with your evidence, outlined, and we'll take a look into it. These claims have started to ruin threads, and while I'm all for ruining a pro- or even neutral-Samsung thread, getting into the habit of thread ruining in general is probably a bad idea.

Originally Posted by signal1 View Post
It's an Apple enthusiast site.  That's just the lay of the land.  Try going to any special interest site and bitching, at length, about the area of interest and those interested and see how far that gets you.  Pretending like there's some parity of interests here-- that championing Android and bashing Apple is merely equal an opposite to the reverse on an Apple site is just disingenuous if not fairly insulting.  

Quoted simply to have it show up again.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #242 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I thought the discussion was about the new Galaxy S 4, why don't you ask Samsung why they have two processors?

How do you know which model your particular carrier will offer?

Should we start another discussion about the Galaxy S 4?

The one with a quad core processor.

How will it be differentiated?
They should call it the samdung galaxy s4/4 or s4/8
Just curious where they get the really long naming conventions from. For Apple it's simply the iPhone or iPhone 5.
Guess samdung is copying Microsoft, remember the name of windows phone 7? It took you a full half minute of your life in just uttering its name.
post #243 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Lies, eh?  Find the post where I said I despise Apple, or apologize.
You can keep a straight face and say this? I'm impressed.
I can show you hundreds of your posts. Are you serious?
post #244 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Says the guy who only likes to post about the author of AI articles whom he despises. Yeah, no emotion there¡

I will say that it does seem you rarely do post about Apple as that would mean actually posting about the actual topic and not how much you hate Dilger.
Well caught out. I wonder if and how he will answer this fact. I am your witness as I also notice him insulting DED, no matter what the article is. And he/she trying to say they don't hate/despise Apple is a brazen lie. I can find untold numbers of their posts. They should be banned.
post #245 of 271
Quote:

I don't hate that author, I just find him entertaining.

I'm flattered by your continued attention, but sorry to see you still don't have anything on-topic to post here...
What a lie. The vitriol that pours from your mouth is disgusting what you write about DED
Look at your user name, now do you get it ? Why did you choose it, except to be inflammatory.
Edited by hfts - 3/16/13 at 12:01am
post #246 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, that's not what it implies. It implies a right to privacy.
On the topic of 'paid shills':

Let's not anymore. It's certainly not impossible. They DO exist. We've even had some here in the past. 

But I'm not sure I (at least) want to see it anymore unless the person making the accusation has proof. Even then, it should not be posted publicly; PM one of us mods with your evidence, outlined, and we'll take a look into it. These claims have started to ruin threads, and while I'm all for ruining a pro- or even neutral-Samsung thread, getting into the habit of thread ruining in general is probably a bad idea.

Quoted simply to have it show up again.
Rubbish.
You are simply taking his/her side because you seem to have an issue with me.
My question is a legitimate one because it will show their true colours.
Because they refuse to answer a simple question then one can only conclude they have something to hide, and its certainly not their privacy.
Now will I repeat the question to you because it seems to me that you are confused.
The question is: why are you on his site if you hate Apple.

In this very thread his/her hands were shaking with uncontrollable glee because they found an article from one of the tech pendants that reflects negatively on Apple due to the new samdung phone.
Not sure if it was in the actual AI article or whether they searched high and low for one, if so, this is even funnier.
Edited by hfts - 3/16/13 at 12:21am
post #247 of 271
Quote:

Hi mr. comedy relief.
So knowledge of IT, I.e. a career is irrelevant on a tech sight. Wow!
So what are you a hair dresser ?
A stupid inference results in me totally ignoring the rest of your reply.
So tell me why are you on this site again?

Already answered both your questions in my previous post.  A failure on your part to read and comprehend my posts does not constitute a failure on my part.

I don't have to justify why I post on this site or any other forum.  I just do.  I'm not hiding anything - if you don't like that, tough.

The irony of it all is that the nature of your posts do more to drag down the standard of this forum than all of the posters you call trolls/shills/liars.

Anyway, I'm bowing out of this discussion purely because there's nothing more to discuss with the likes of you.

post #248 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

You have trouble navigating in a simple forum and yet have the nerve to ask "what more proof" is needed?

is there any logical connection between them?

That was my first post on AI...of course there's nothing to learn there... i just clicked reply and typed my message..but it is showing it as separate message.

post #249 of 271

stock was up because the street is not impressed

post #250 of 271
As I mentioned before the s4 isnt very user friendly when you have a bunch of software features that will confuse users. I could see this phone selling well but I could see a lot of returns. People want a phone that's easy to use not hard to use.
post #251 of 271
You are simply taking his/her side because you seem to have an issue with me.

I think you and geekdad will get along just fine. lol.gif

My question is a legitimate one because it will show their true colours.

And if you have proof of that, I'd be glad to expose true colors in the gaudiest fashion. But without it, it just craps on threads.

Because they refuse to answer a simple question then one can only conclude they have something to hide

Your conclusion is fallacious. That's not how privacy works.

and its certainly not their privacy.

Their job isn't private information? Google will love that.

The question is: why are you on his site if you hate Apple.

Oh, they'll answer that, in so many words. I've seen it before. Gotta coax it out of them.

post #252 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, they'll answer that, in so many words. I've seen it before. Gotta coax it out of them.

It doesn't even require that much coaxing. There's just no need to repeat it over and over, particularly to disrespectful and insulting newbees unwilling to look for themselves, or at least politely ask if they don't know how to.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/156362/apple-maps-directions-beat-google-maps-waze-in-pundits-head-to-head-test/80#post_2290306

FWIW I actually found AI during a search on on Apple product I gave to my son a couple years back. There was an ill-fated Microsoft product involved too which I deeply regret, but that's even another story.  It lead to RoughlyDrafted and from exchanges with Mr. Dilger brought me here. You can thank him if you wish. There's the whole sordid affair exposed. 

Edited by Gatorguy - 3/16/13 at 8:41am
melior diabolus quem scies
post #253 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

But your answer was largely non-responsive:
"None of the above. I visit here for much the same reason as you. I'm truly intrigued by Apple and it business, the direction mobile technology is taking us, how the other tech players fit the picture, and to enjoy an exchange of ideas and outlooks with other respectful and thoughtful forum members."

That doesn't explain why you spend so much time as an obvious Google and Android shill.

Still with the silly shill claims eh JR? You do this just about every time you're on the losing side of a discussion between us. Sometimes you add bonus name-calling, for dramatic effect I suppose.

Either you didn't read TS's post or you choose to ignore it.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/156483/samsung-challenges-apples-iphone-with-new-galaxy-s4/240#post_2294617

Edited by Gatorguy - 3/16/13 at 3:42pm
post #254 of 271
Quote:

Man leaves laptop behind in taxi.
Man gmail a friends this fact.
Man gets ads targeting him with purchase a laptop.
Man gets angry.
Man gmail a friend that he will get a lawyer because google is reading his private emails.
Man now gets targeted with ads for lawyers.

I wrote it in a simple fashion so you can understand.
This is fact, do not ask for citations, you get none for me as you are obnoxious
Now do you understand why people are/should be concerned about privacy when using google stuff

First of all, this only proves you don't understand how ads work. Second of all, you also claimed many things (chemist or IT?) before and are running low on credibility.
Edited by ankleskater - 3/16/13 at 8:44pm
post #255 of 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Then you're obviously not getting the hint.1bugeye.gif

If you're that interested browse my post history. It's in there, and answered more than once. 

You remind me of my teenage son. He's often demanding, obnoxious, and/or disrespectful. It's just the age of course. He'll grow out of it one day and we'll talk about things as adults and equals. I'm looking forward to it. 
Unlike your son, hfts will not change.
post #256 of 271
Quote:

Unlike your son, hfts will not change.

I've realized this evening it's not helpful trying to engage him as no good will come from it. It will only lead to more problems. Better to just let him be.

Seriously

post #257 of 271
Quote:

I've realized this evening it's not helpful trying to engage him as no good will come from it. It will only lead to more problems. Better to just let him be.

Seriously

Are you sure? Well, you know your son better than I do.
post #258 of 271
Quote:

Are you sure? Well, you know your son better than I do.

LOL. I wasn't talking about my son.

post #259 of 271
Of course Apple keeps devices up to date since iOS is basically the same since very beginning :D
post #260 of 271
Quote:

LOL. I wasn't talking about my son.

I know 1wink.gif
post #261 of 271

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 7/23/13 at 9:31am
post #262 of 271
Quote:

Well, actually:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/iOS-6-fragmentation-detailed-which-device-gets-what_id31217

Going forward Phil Shiller will have to find a different meme, since the one's he's been using lately aren't doing Apple any favors.

So how many third party apps actually use FaceTime or Siri or other of these "fragmented" tech. Most of the APIs will be used.
post #263 of 271

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 7/23/13 at 9:33am
post #264 of 271
Quote:

That answer applies equally to the Android API, in DoubleStandardLand some say that's not a valid answer.

Nope. Android 4 has more APIs than android 2.x. Most androids are on 2.x. Do a quick wiki search on Android.

In addition, Apple only requires developers to support the N and N-1 versions. Most iOS devices are on the latest version.
post #265 of 271

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 7/23/13 at 9:32am
post #266 of 271
Quote:

As we've already seen, newer APIs for both OSes include features not available in earlier ones.  Indeed, that's why newer OSes are rolled out.

Most Android devs target v2.2, which will address most users.  The relative handful who need APIs specific to features only available in newer OSes will, like their OS counterparts, use the oldest version of those to maximize their coverage.

The problem with that is the new APIs go unused and it becomes a checklist feature rather than a usable feature. SG4 has all the benefits of new APIs but barely any apps use those APIs.
post #267 of 271

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 7/23/13 at 9:39am
post #268 of 271
Quote:

What feature are you enjoying in Android 4.0 that you'd like to see more app devs support?

All I'm saying is why release updates if no one will use the new APIs because they need to develop for the LCD.
post #269 of 271

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 7/23/13 at 9:39am
post #270 of 271
Quote:

Of the 650,000 apps in the iOS app store, what percentage do you imagine are dependent on features unique to Apple's latest model?

Unique to iOS 6 or the 5? I have no idea. But the popular ones have been updated to use iOS 6 and the larger size of the 5.
post #271 of 271

you took the words right out of my mouth.  These people need to get a life

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung challenges Apple's iPhone with new Galaxy S4