or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › President Obama is Historic!

President Obama is Historic!

post #1 of 118

CBSNEWS.COM

Quote:

Less than two months into President Obama's second term, new numbers show the national debt increased by more than $6 trillion since he took office.

It's the largest increase to date under any U.S. president. During the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush, the debt soared by $4.9 trillion.

Without fanfare, the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department quietly posted its daily debt report showing the total public debt of the U.S. government topped $16.687 trillion. (To be exact: $16,687,289,180,215.37)

On January 20, 2009, the day Mr. Obama took office, the debt stood at $10.626 trillion. The latest posting reflects an increase of over $6 trillion.

President Obama is historic in so many ways. He has borrowed and spent more than any president in history and, he is so efficient that he managed to do so in almost half the time as the prior president.

The Federal Government is on course to spend $46 trillion over the next 10 years. Please remember that unlike the historic President Obama, the extreme and dangerous Paul Ryan proposes we only spend $41 trillion over those same ten years. President Obama's projections and proposals still call for adding another $3.2-4 trillion dollars in borrowing during his second term.

Anyone care to explain how a country that will be up 150-200% GDP in borrowing will be able to sustain itself in the future?

Edited by trumptman - 3/15/13 at 2:52pm

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Anyone care to explain how a country that will be up 150-200% GDP in borrowing will be able to sustain itself in the future?

Raise the debt limit and print more money. Problem exacerbated...er, solved.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #3 of 118

We haven't even begun to pay this back yet and poor Bill Maher is feeling rather tapped out.

Quote:
"You know what? Rich people - I'm sure you'd agree with this - actually do pay the freight in this country."

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."

It isn't ridiculous Bill. The Democrats haven't even gotten started yet.

post #4 of 118
Quote:

We haven't even begun to pay this back yet and poor Bill Maher is feeling rather tapped out.

Quote:
"You know what? Rich people - I'm sure you'd agree with this - actually do pay the freight in this country."

"I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals - you could actually lose me. It's outrageous what we're paying - over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."

This brought to you by News Busters!

A conservative rag that describes itself like this :

Quote:
Taking advantage of the MRC's thorough and ongoing tracking of liberal media bias, including a wealth of documentation and an archive of broadcast and cable news recordings dating back to 1987, NewsBusters plays a leading role in blog media criticism as a clearinghouse for evidence of liberal media bias. It combines this formidable archive and its compilers inside the MRC with the contributions of already-established netizen watchdogs.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/about-newsbusters-org#ixzz2NkLUD316

lol.gif Uh huh.

They're watch dogs! lol.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #5 of 118

Stop the fucking wars already! Billions wasted for no dam reason.

post #6 of 118

Hmm... is the GOP better?

See here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-gops-real-agenda-20130313

Or watch any clip from CPAC

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #7 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Taking advantage of the MRC's thorough and ongoing tracking of liberal media bias, including a wealth of documentation and an archive of broadcast and cable news recordings dating back to 1987, NewsBusters plays a leading role in blog media criticism as a clearinghouse for evidence of liberal media bias. It combines this formidable archive and its compilers inside the MRC with the contributions of already-established netizen watchdogs.

lol.gif Uh huh.

You can kill the messenger but the reality is the words came from the mouth of Bill Maher and they just compiled the clip. The man is complaining about his tax rate, and the Democrats still want to raise it higher. When Bill Maher says enough is enough and that the rich pay their fair share, those who are to the left of him, are extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

See here:

Yes the article uses a lot of scary terms to try to turn off thinking. There is no Democratic solution that doesn't involve ignoring any solutions and borrowing the country into bankruptcy.

How is that working for you guys in Japan Berger? The debt there is 228% percent of GDP and they've been applying Keynesian stimulus and ignoring the problems for decades. Why should the U.S. continue down that same path?

post #8 of 118
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol.gif Uh huh.

You can kill the messenger but the reality is the words came from the mouth of Bill Maher and they just compiled the clip. The man is complaining about his tax rate, and the Democrats still want to raise it higher. When Bill Maher says enough is enough and that the rich pay their fair share, those who are to the left of him, are extreme.

Quote:

See here:

Yes the article uses a lot of scary terms to try to turn off thinking. There is no Democratic solution that doesn't involve ignoring any solutions and borrowing the country into bankruptcy.

How is that working for you guys in Japan Berger? The debt there is 228% percent of GDP and they've been applying Keynesian stimulus and ignoring the problems for decades. Why should the U.S. continue down that same path?

Quote:

scary terms to try to turn off thinking.

lol.gif

Yes only right thinking ( pun intended ) will do. Uh huh.lol.gif Brother what a load of crap.

About your ideas trumpy the president seems to have been resurrected and is walking just fine! 1wink.gif

post #9 of 118
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #10 of 118

One deserves another. 1wink.gif

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/gop-report-calls-for-sweeping-reforms-to-compete-in-2016-1

Quote:

The GOP's digital revamp — as with most of the other elements of the report — was prompted by the Obama campaign's far more sophisticated operation in 2012.

Many of the reforms proposed by the Growth and Opportunity Project, however, will encounter stiff resistance in corners of the Republican Party and broader conservative movement — because of a deep distrust of the official GOP among the grassroots. 

Why do you think they're doing this? Because the GOP is in trouble. And they know it. But to revamp they'll have to get rid of their Teapublican types.1wink.gif

In other words they'll have to change with the times. Not something the more conservative elements of the party excel in.

post #11 of 118

ZERO HEDGE

Happy 105% Debt to GDP!

This of course assumes the economy is as large as the government claims it to be and doesn't account for future liabilities which are incredibly high!

post #12 of 118

After saying as a Senator that "raising the debt limit was a failure of leadership", President Obama now contends that "raising the debt limit does not raise our debt."

This is all going to end really well.

post #13 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

After saying as a Senator that "raising the debt limit was a failure of leadership", President Obama now contends that "raising the debt limit does not raise our debt."

This is all going to end really well.

Quote:
Now, this debt ceiling — I just want to remind people in case you haven’t been keeping up — raising the debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; it does not somehow promote profligacy. All it does is it says you got to pay the bills that you’ve already racked up, Congress. It’s a basic function of making sure that the full faith and credit of the United States is preserved.

Either Obama thinks we are idiots, he's an idiot to think we would fall for that, or he's an idiot for believing that.
post #14 of 118
President Obama now contends that raising the debt limit does not raise our debt."

Now, uh… this… this is perfectly true. I mean, just read the sentence out of context, forget who’s saying it, forget what his job is, and forget that we’re talking about the government.

It’s true; simply raising a ceiling on debt does not raise existing debt. It’s basically like when a bank grants someone a higher credit limit due to their trustworthiness and displayed ability to pay off loans or what have you. So he’s making a truthful statement here.

Except that this is the government, he is the president, and it’s somewhat embarrassing for the president of the United States to make a statement as vacuous as this. :lol:

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #15 of 118
Quote:

ZERO HEDGE

Happy 105% Debt to GDP!

This of course assumes the economy is as large as the government claims it to be and doesn't account for future liabilities which are incredibly high!

Obama is a failure. However, it is impossible to gauge how presidents perform in the area of economics... it's a complex dynamical system and there are way too many variables and unknowns to be able to slap the blame and point the finger. For example, many people have credited the Clinton presidency as being responsible for the economic boom years of the 1990s - but it has been claimed that the (relative) economic successes of the 1990s were as a result of the policies enacted in the Reagan and Bush Sr. years. Similarly, one could also claim that Obama's pathetic performance in the economic arena is (in part) a result of the same inbuilt delay - in which the fallout from the economic policies pursued by George W. Bush are now being felt.

The worst aspects of his administration have not necessarily been in the economic arena anyway. His administration is utterly paranoid, as regards selling fear to manipulate and terrorize the public, seen with the burgeoning "national security state", in which the Constitution is under attack, and we are all regarded by Big Brother - aka Big Government - in DC not so much as citizens, but potential criminals or terrorists (!). Obama has also gone medieval with, especially, whistleblowers - ie those people who expose wrongdoing (crime) within government.

One thought here... I wonder how many people really think Obama is a true "liberal", after having signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law... having also appointed a former Monsanto senior executive to a position within the USDA? Then there's ObamaCare, a product of the rightwing Heritage Foundation. 
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #16 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Quote:

ZERO HEDGE

Happy 105% Debt to GDP!

Obama is a failure. However, it is impossible to gauge how presidents perform in the area of economics... it's a complex dynamical system and there are way too many variables and unknowns to be able to slap the blame and point the finger. For example, many people have credited the Clinton presidency as being responsible for the economic boom years of the 1990s - but it has been claimed that the (relative) economic successes of the 1990s were as a result of the policies enacted in the Reagan and Bush Sr. years. Similarly, one could also claim that Obama's pathetic performance in the economic arena is (in part) a result of the same inbuilt delay - in which the fallout from the economic policies pursued by George W. Bush are now being felt.

Certainly there is lag to when a policy is enacted and when the full effect of it is felt and that point could be made for perhaps the first few years of his first term. However we are well into his second term now and the responsibility for the lack of growth should fall completely on his shoulders with regard to policy failure.

The point is that if one declares that it is a complex system, that can't be controlled and that has too many unknowns, they shouldn't be centralizing said system and asking for all the control of it to the tune of trillions of dollars. Go even further with it and now add our health and health care system in there as well.

In otherwords, when you say it can't be done, that the law of unintended consequences will bite you and that something like an economy is too big, complex, and unwieldy to be managed by one person or team, you are making a conservative argument.

Quote:
 The worst aspects of his administration have not necessarily been in the economic arena anyway. His administration is utterly paranoid, as regards selling fear to manipulate and terrorize the public, seen with the burgeoning "national security state", in which the Constitution is under attack, and we are all regarded by Big Brother - aka Big Government - in DC not so much as citizens, but potential criminals or terrorists (!). Obama has also gone medieval with, especially, whistleblowers - ie those people who expose wrongdoing (crime) within government.

That doesn't really trouble me much because it is clear there is no rationale beyond getting the tribe to vote for someone who looks or acts like themselves while staying in power and looting from those who still produce. I could sweat some sinister plot but it is clear from other leftist regimes that there is no deeper motive at play beyond grabbing the money of others and staying in power. A deeper motive would almost be helpful at this point.

Quote:
 One thought here... I wonder how many people really think Obama is a true "liberal", after having signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law... having also appointed a former Monsanto senior executive to a position within the USDA? Then there's ObamaCare, a product of the rightwing Heritage Foundation. 

Obama is ABSOLUTELY a true liberal. Managing and controlling resources much easier when the masses can only ever go to one source to get their bread. That source of course will be controlled by the government at some point just like everything else.

post #17 of 118
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ZERO HEDGE

Happy 105% Debt to GDP!

Certainly there is lag to when a policy is enacted and when the full effect of it is felt and that point could be made for perhaps the first few years of his first term. However we are well into his second term now and the responsibility for the lack of growth should fall completely on his shoulders with regard to policy failure.

The point is that if one declares that it is a complex system, that can't be controlled and that has too many unknowns, they shouldn't be centralizing said system and asking for all the control of it to the tune of trillions of dollars. Go even further with it and now add our health and health care system in there as well.

In otherwords, when you say it can't be done, that the law of unintended consequences will bite you and that something like an economy is too big, complex, and unwieldy to be managed by one person or team, you are making a conservative argument.

Quote:

That doesn't really trouble me much because it is clear there is no rationale beyond getting the tribe to vote for someone who looks or acts like themselves while staying in power and looting from those who still produce. I could sweat some sinister plot but it is clear from other leftist regimes that there is no deeper motive at play beyond grabbing the money of others and staying in power. A deeper motive would almost be helpful at this point.

Quote:

Obama is ABSOLUTELY a true liberal. Managing and controlling resources much easier when the masses can only ever go to one source to get their bread. That source of course will be controlled by the government at some point just like everything else.

About the budget and what's going on in congress now days. Can you say political suicide for the GOP? If they let the government shut down........well if you think their numbers are low now just watch. And it's not that long until another election which lets those guys have a job! Personally I'd rather them not cause a shut down but if they do I'm not sure many of those congressmen on the GOP side will be coming back. They need to ditch the Tea party idiots and become Republicans again. That'll happen though one way or another. It looks like the GOP is on fire and it's raining gasoline again.;)

Yes I know I've been gone and you haven't missed me. However I've found out in the real world no one cares much for this twisted little corner of the universe. I miss the good old days here and some of  the people but most of those are gone also.

Edited by jimmac - 9/30/13 at 5:26pm
post #18 of 118
Quote:

And when that government - aka your "single source" is fully merged with, and controlled by big business and their army of corporate lobbyists - the "liberal" label starts to look kind of inappropriate. And considering that the Obama policy set, taken as a whole, is to the right of both Nixon and Reagan, perhaps the term "liberal" has been re-defined.

post #19 of 118
Quote:

Quote:

And when that government - aka your "single source" is fully merged with, and controlled by big business and their army of corporate lobbyists - the "liberal" label starts to look kind of inappropriate. And considering that the Obama policy set, taken as a whole, is to the right of both Nixon and Reagan, perhaps the term "liberal" has been re-defined.

Perhaps you forget your history.

post #20 of 118
Quote:

post #21 of 118
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, tossing out a bar graph from a complete dishonest article (from the Post if I recall correctly) with no context completely validates your point.

However by history I was of course referring to the various communist philosophies and how they often declared a need to go through a socialist middle state where the power of government and abolishment of individual property and rights would progressively happen.

post #22 of 118
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of history I can see the emperor still has no clothes.

;)

post #23 of 118

Interesting that "Government" gets shut down, with government employees laid off with no pay, but Politicians still get to keep their snouts in the trough... One wonders (from afar) if the ideologues would be so intransigent if it were their incomes on the line....

Still, you want to save money - stop fighting foreign wars.

The more things change the more they stay the same....

just one more thing... Wasn't one of Romney's policies to repeal the Affordable Care Act? And didn't he LOSE last year's election? So isn't this just the Republican's trying to extort a win, even though they lost the game? So much for democracy....

Edited by groakes - 10/1/13 at 10:36pm
post #24 of 118

Ah, the GOP and the TP.  

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/01/the-nullification-party/

Edited by Bergermeister - 10/2/13 at 4:54am

post #25 of 118
Quote:

Ah, the GOP and the TP.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/10/01/the-nullification-party/

Do you have a point to make with the link? I mean I read it and the reasoning within it is pretty moronic.

Quote:

But there is something more here. How does one party that has lost two presidential elections and a Supreme Court case – as well as two Senate elections - think it has the right to shut down the entire government and destroy the full faith and credit of the United States Treasury to get its way on universal healthcare now? I see no quid pro quo even. Just pure blackmail, resting on understandable and predictable public concern whenever a major reform is enacted. But what has to be resisted is any idea that this is government or politics as usual. It is an attack on the governance and the constitutional order of the United States.

First the presidential elections aren't direct democracy. They are the result of the electoral college. The House of Representatives is the only body directly elected by the people and done so proportionally. It is their job to carry out the will of the people more than any other federal representative.

Also the entire Senate isn't up for election every two years. Only a portion of it is and the failure to capture a majority doesn't mean the Republicans were villified or that they "lost." Finally the Republicans didn't lose a Supreme Court case. Rather the Court clarified Obamacare and said it is Constitutional because it is a tax, subject to and controlled by Congress just like every other tax. It is no different than a tax on a stock, income or anything else. It is just a tax, not an entitlement and not a right.

Legislation, when enacted is continually open to change and review. Obama's mantra for election was HOPE and CHANGE. He wanted to be elected to change the current actions taking place in Washington D.C. Obviously the Republican members of Congress were elected declaring that they would change and oppose President Obama's actions. They are doing their job and there is nothing wrong about it. It is President Obama who saw his party lose their majority in the House, saw their majority narrow in the Senate who believes he can still govern as he did when he had supermajorities with no attempt to negotiate or deal with the minority party in the Senate or the majority party in the House.

The man thinks it is still 2008 and that he can just ignore, blame and let the wave he rode in on take care of everything. Only it isn't 2008. It is 2013 and the American economy still hasn't recovered or grown. The Democrats have lost power in the House. They have lost seats in the Senate. The President can't just dicate and do whatever he wants.

post #26 of 118

SO! When is it, the 15th, when we default if they don’t come up with something?

post #27 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

SO! When is it, the 15th, when we default if they don’t come up with something?

Come up with something? The U.S. has been technically broke for quite a while now. Don't you mean will they do something to keep up the facade or will they actually reveal the truth?

Edited by trumptman - 10/2/13 at 2:14pm

post #28 of 118

Don't you mean will they do something to keep up the facade or will they actually reveal the facade?

Of course, of course. Semantics.

I’d prefer something big happen now so proper change can be spread out over the next few decades. I’d rather everything not collapse simultaneously in the 2030s.

post #29 of 118

"Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), chair of the intelligence committee, said on the floor of the Senate on Tuesday that 72 percent of the civilian intelligence agency workforce has been furloughed.

“This means that, with the exception of a few intelligence agencies that have a significant number of military personnel, the lights are being turned off and the majority of the people who produce our intelligence, analyze that intelligence and provide warning of terrorist attacks or advise policymakers of major national security events will be prevented from doing their jobs,” she said. “We have ambassadors in threatened capitals . . . [who] rely on their intelligence briefers and the tactical intelligence support to their security teams as much as they rely on the Marines who guard front gates. . . . What we are doing now puts American lives at risk.”

Ms. Feinstein is hardly a rabid partisan, but if her party membership causes you to doubt her, consider the judgment of John B. Bellinger III, who served as a senior national security lawyer in the Bush administration from 2001 through 2009.In a post on the Lawfare blog Sunday, Mr. Bellinger warned that shutdown advocates “should be gravely concerned about the risks they are taking with the security of the United States.”

“Do Tea Party Republicans want the leaders of our intelligence and security agencies focused on protecting the nation, or managing the shutdown of their agencies?” he asked. “[I]f there were another attack against the United States or its facilities around the world (such as an Embassy), Tea Party Republicans and the American people would not be able to blame the Executive branch — and call for Benghazi-like investigations — for failing to keep the country safe. Members of Congress who had forced a government shutdown would themselves be blamed.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/government-shutdown-puts-us-security-at-risk/2013/10/02/16e0627c-2b88-11e3-b139-029811dbb57f_story.html?hpid=z4

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #30 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by groakes View Post

just one more thing... Wasn't one of Romney's policies to repeal the Affordable Care Act? And didn't he LOSE last year's election? So isn't this just the Republican's trying to extort a win, even though they lost the game? So much for democracy....

I would love to see a reporter ask the current crop of GOPerists to compare the health plan they put out years ago to beat out the dem plan... your know, the same plan that was made into RomneyCare... that was made into the ACA... that they are now totally against.

Any charts showing this on the net?

Could be interesting...

Also, I saw somewhere that the House Goppers were trying to say that they spoke for the people, but that in the last election, more people actually voted for Dems, but because of gerrymandering the Gop got the seats...

Mr Orange showed the GOP heart when he walked away from a reporter asking about back-pay for government workers.  Just simply walked away.  Iceman.

Edited by Bergermeister - 10/2/13 at 9:04pm

post #31 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Of course, of course. Semantics.

The only way for some to argue here on AI.

post #32 of 118

Proof the GOP is operating below a kindergarden level:

"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."

Buddy, respect is earned.  And usually, when doing something important like governing, you should know what you want out of your effort, and what you can or can't get.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/marlin-stutzman-government-shutdown_n_4034123.html

post #33 of 118

The Daily Show showed how Fox News and Newt the Grinch and others complained about how the children were being hurt by the ending of White House tours.

How do they respond to this?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53162158/ns/local_news-seattle_wa/#.Uk0HZRbfZRW

How many thousands of children would have visited national parks during the shutdown period, but now cannot, because of obstinance by the GOP?

post #34 of 118
Quote:

The Daily Show showed how Fox News and Newt the Grinch and others complained about how the children were being hurt by the ending of White House tours.

It's nice to see some of PO's lefties have crawled out of the bunker. Unfortunately, they still get most of their news from a comedy show.

post #35 of 118
To AI:  Why on earth do I get messages telling of posts by people on my Block List?  There is a reason for the Block List.  Please make it work.

I will respond this once:

Classic: no response to the message I was presenting, just an attack on me and my source.

Actually, one of two sources I referred to in my post.  Somehow that comes out as "most".   Go figure.

Oh, and DS viewers do far better on current events than Fox viewers.  You know, the ones who support the GOP. 

Try watching the DS, it is actually pretty well done.

post #36 of 118
Quote:

Classic: no response to the message I was presenting...

I thought the response was obvious. When those children grow up and realize that conservative republicans were the only ones fighting to keep them out of national debt slavery, they'll be okay with the park thing.

post #37 of 118
Quote:

I thought the response was obvious. When those children grow up and realize that conservative republicans were the only ones fighting to keep them out of national debt slavery, they'll be okay with the park thing.

Wasn't it conservative republicans who actually got them INTO national debt slavery?

post #38 of 118

Well folks I'm wondering if this will do mortal damage to not only the Tea party but those that side with them. Meanwhile I wouldn't want to be Boehner. He either has to do the right thing for the country and stop this needless obstruction or he'll do the wrong thing for the country and just let this get worse. Either way he'll be remembered for what he does. Let's hope he has a back bone and vote to stop this obstruction.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/03/20804176-john-boehners-legacy-on-the-line-in-shutdown?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

post #39 of 118
Quote:

Well folks I'm wondering if this will do mortal damage to not only the Tea party but those that side with them. Meanwhile I wouldn't want to be Boehner. He either has to do the right thing for the country and stop this needless obstruction or he'll do the wrong thing for the country and just let this get worse. Either way he'll be remembered for what he does. Let's hope he has a back bone and vote to stop this obstruction.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/03/20804176-john-boehners-legacy-on-the-line-in-shutdown?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Boehner... care about the country?  Hasn't shown it yet.  Perhaps he could cry a bit and put on a nice show for everyone.

He is in the party that produces gems like the guy who claimed he could not be disrespected.  

Edited by Bergermeister - 10/4/13 at 1:50am

post #40 of 118
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › President Obama is Historic!