or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic' - Page 6

post #201 of 298

Love the people bitching about how this piece is so "biased". Did you miss the fucking blue OPINION bubble before the article heading, and then "EDITORIAL:" before the article name, not to mention the name of this website is "AppleInsider". Yes, clearly it's conveying a strong opinion, but it's also backed up by facts, so if people want to bash this piece they can do so by proving that it's non-factual, which noone has done. As far as I'm concerned, this is better journalism than every Apple article I've read in the mainstream press combined in the past several months, which are typically comprised of nothing but drivel, unsubstantiated assumptions, misleading statements, ridiculous conclusions, and outright lies driven by grotesque ignorance or a financial agenda. 

post #202 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post

I am a Johnny Come Lately in the Apple camp. For years, I resisted the Apple Reality Distortion Zone ;)

 

I built my own PCs and for my MP3s, I had one of the original Zunes with a 10GB HDD. Way bigger than what Apple had. 

 

Being a techie, I was not a stranger to gadgets. I had a Palm V/Vx, m505, and numerous iPaqs from Compaq then HP. I also had Dopods (before HTC began using its own name), from the 838 Pro to the 900 and even a Samsung Blackberryjack. I also had a bunch of Sony Ericssons on Symbians.

 

But on a trip to the US, I decided to pick up the original iPhone just for kicks and to see what the fuss was about. 

 

And I appreciated the whole elegance of the user interface. Everything clicked. It was IMHO revolutionary. Except for the 2G limitation, it did everything I wanted. I sold it off to an Apple fanboy when I got back :D but when Apple released the 3G, I got it immediately. If you weren't along for the journey, it is easy to dismiss what Apple did but until the iPhone came along, the UIs on phones were incredibly clunky. As a techie, this didn't faze me. But trying to teach a less technically inclined person was very very difficult. But the iPhone changed that. To say that Apple didn't create something new is IMHO unfair. And the same design language employed on the Android platform is what makes the transition for non-techies so easy. And even then, it took Apple a pretty long time. Touching and scrolling vs touching and selecting always seemed clumsy for the first few iterations of Android. While I never got it wrong on the Apple, the Android often misunderstood what I intended. Similarly, the Nexus One's horrendous positioning of the "Back" soft key meant I always ended up dismissing my SMS/WhatsApp window while typing. It was incredibly infuriating. 

 

I do agree that with Android being a freer platform, it is easier to get new features implemented. I still can't fathom why Apple doesn't make a simple widget to turn on/off Wifi/BT/Cellular Data/GPS when it is one of the most commonly used features. But on the whole, it is still a much more intuitive platform. My father was missing his whatsapp messages on his Samsung Note (which my sis passed on to him when she moved back to an iPhone) because he didn't see a back button (it is only lit when you press it). 

 

Welcome. I look forward to your future posts, you seem like a quality poster, something that we need more of here. 

post #203 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

Well, Appleinsider is not a "real" news website.

 

I don't think I've actually READ a "real news" site in about a year... so it's probably a compliment.

 

One correction, however; the Android platform didn't destroy EVERY company that adopted it -- not entirely, there are mitigating factors -- like Other Stupid Projects (OSP). But it's kind of bolstering this point that Samsung is forking their version of Android to make it proprietary. This might be cunning, or like their ventures into innovation; proof that they are falling into the deadly delusion that they actually have not been cloning everybody else's innovations. If the latter is true; short the stock. Samsung has been raking in the cash ripping off other's IP -- just like Microsoft did, and as soon as they start trying to "innovate" - that's the death knell for the pirate companies.
post #204 of 298

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 7/23/13 at 9:45am
post #205 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yes, let's see what happens:  name two Apple products I've said are wholly inferior to competing products.

 

I think you may be surprised at what you find if you can lift the blinders and read what's actually written.

 

 

 

 

I thought I'd have a look at some of MacRulez' 2000+ posts and what I found surprised me.  I could find posts for the last three months, but prior to that, he's got a large number of deleted posts going all the way back to 2010.  As far as I can tell, every post of his from 2010, 2011, and most of 2012 has been deleted.  That looks suspicious to me, but it's definitely confusing.  Does anyone have a good explanation?  

post #206 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post

I am a Johnny Come Lately in the Apple camp. For years, I resisted the Apple Reality Distortion Zone ;)

 

I built my own PCs and for my MP3s, I had one of the original Zunes with a 10GB HDD. Way bigger than what Apple had. 

 

Being a techie, I was not a stranger to gadgets. I had a Palm V/Vx, m505, and numerous iPaqs from Compaq then HP. I also had Dopods (before HTC began using its own name), from the 838 Pro to the 900 and even a Samsung Blackberryjack. I also had a bunch of Sony Ericssons on Symbians.

 

But on a trip to the US, I decided to pick up the original iPhone just for kicks and to see what the fuss was about. 

 

And I appreciated the whole elegance of the user interface. Everything clicked. It was IMHO revolutionary. Except for the 2G limitation, it did everything I wanted. I sold it off to an Apple fanboy when I got back :D but when Apple released the 3G, I got it immediately. If you weren't along for the journey, it is easy to dismiss what Apple did but until the iPhone came along, the UIs on phones were incredibly clunky. As a techie, this didn't faze me. But trying to teach a less technically inclined person was very very difficult. But the iPhone changed that. To say that Apple didn't create something new is IMHO unfair. And the same design language employed on the Android platform is what makes the transition for non-techies so easy. And even then, it took Apple a pretty long time. Touching and scrolling vs touching and selecting always seemed clumsy for the first few iterations of Android. While I never got it wrong on the Apple, the Android often misunderstood what I intended. Similarly, the Nexus One's horrendous positioning of the "Back" soft key meant I always ended up dismissing my SMS/WhatsApp window while typing. It was incredibly infuriating. 

 

I do agree that with Android being a freer platform, it is easier to get new features implemented. I still can't fathom why Apple doesn't make a simple widget to turn on/off Wifi/BT/Cellular Data/GPS when it is one of the most commonly used features. But on the whole, it is still a much more intuitive platform. My father was missing his whatsapp messages on his Samsung Note (which my sis passed on to him when she moved back to an iPhone) because he didn't see a back button (it is only lit when you press it). 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Welcome. I look forward to your future posts, you seem like a quality poster, something that we need more of here. 

 

Agreed.

There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than a 6 Plus...
Reply
There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than a 6 Plus...
Reply
post #207 of 298
Some great points but a lot of bullshit. Android made its way for a reason. Its like saying after the car was invented no one should make that invention better. Which is what android did. Apple killed a lot of businesses. Imagine you owned a coffee shop and a star bucks opens next door. It was survial of the fittest for samsung, and they were the only smart ones. Their first android efforts barely went noticed by consumers. Even so they had to make a clone to surive. Whatever the case is its about survial. When your near death you do whatever it takes to stay alive. It wasnt until the s2 and their current flagships that consumers fell in love with. They survied the near death. Once they understood they survived they began to innovate. They've been innovating ever since. I was a loyal apple and iphone user since day one. I switched to the note 2 and there is no looking back. I'm an artist and most artists fall in love with the note line of products. Anyone with a brain knows what apple did for this this industry. They paved the way, but they did this by innovating on other inventions that already existed. This is what the world is about. One invents, one makes thay invention better, thats what innovation is. What should everyone be walking around with iphones? Thats insane. Not to mention since the sidekick everyone wanted a poxket2 computer. Android and IOS are the best. Steve went on his rant about Android because he was a big baby about everything. Read the book. Android is so much different than ios. Its not rocket science. Some things in the UI are standard essential. Like an app store (which already exsisted on windows mobile phones and others) apple didn't even invent multitouch. They didnt event the GUI on the mac. They made things that existed better. Exactly what google has done. Everyone knows the iphone is the most basic entry level phone today. Even in the tablet space its changing. Every artist is moving to the note for the built in wacom digatizer which transitions to multitouc seamlessly, for its real pen pressure and precision. We didnt switch for no reason. Apple stopped innovating or they are working on something so good that they will blow our minds again. Whatever the case may be right now people enjoy samsung and android. They are doing amazing things with software and that's where it counts. Apples platform just isn't doing that. Ios still has amzingly adanced desktop class apps like garage band. Nothing like that exists on android. But theres a trade off for everything. I can record great quality music with IOS but I can create better art on android due to its real pen support. Apple needs to go back to the drawing board with its UI. That's it. Thats all apple has to do.
post #208 of 298
Meh. Changes nothing.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #209 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yes, let's see what happens:  name two Apple products I've said are wholly inferior to competing products.

 

I think you may be surprised at what you find if you can lift the blinders and read what's actually written.

 

Tip: In the outside world there are almost as many opinions as their are people; other venues don't feel the need to interpret every word under the silly rubric of "You're either for Apple or you're the enemy!"  There really is a whole world out there for AI fans to discover, a rich diversity filled with variety and nuance....

 

You know what would be surprising?

 

If I devoted even a single second more than the time it takes me to create this post.

 

You want to prove yourself? Then go prove yourself.

 

Don't ask me to prove you for you.

 

The Rule of the Troll

 

1. Get attention.

 

2. If you can't get attention, get others to waste time responding to your requests, knowing full well that you're not there to be convinced of anything.

 

3. Goto Rule 1.

 

You last statement about the outside world is, quite frankly, too stupid to respond to.

There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than a 6 Plus...
Reply
There's nothing your wife/girlfriend/partner wouldn't like more than a 6 Plus...
Reply
post #210 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

 

You know what would be surprising?

 

If I devoted even a single second more than the time it takes me to create this post.

 

You want to prove yourself? Then go prove yourself.

 

Don't ask me to prove you for you.

 

The Rule of the Troll

 

1. Get attention.

 

2. If you can't get attention, get others to waste time responding to your requests, knowing full well that you're not there to be convinced of anything.

 

3. Goto Rule 1.

 

You last statement about the outside world is, quite frankly, too stupid to respond to.

 

Well that's what it's like on most other forums.

 

Here, it's

 

1. Disagree with anything Apple

2. Come under a hail of shit

3. Defend your point

4. Called a troll

 

Go to 3.

post #211 of 298
Absolutely awesome. And watching the trolls demonstrate Flawgic is hilarious lol

I thought DED was posing as cowasaki just to demonstrate because the comments are just too funny lol
post #212 of 298
It says "Editorial", not "News."

The object is to argue a point. And the author did an excellent job of it.
post #213 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

With good reason.

 

And that's why we're mad. Apple's products are cheaper than the competition (or have none at all) and this STILL happens.

 

Which you know because you're… uh… 

 

Which you 'know' because you haven't been paying attention.

 

ENJOY THAT STUPID FUD.

 

Lol, cheaper? Let me guess, you're gonna use the BMW vs. Ford analogy? lol.gif

 

You don't gotta get mad TS, I'm just saying what is on everyone's mind even if they don't want to admit it. Apple is NOT SPECIAL. Their 5 minutes of fame (or 5 years really) is over, and now you guys are mad because Google is getting their time in the spotlight. Let's just call it what it is...

post #214 of 298
Lol, AI is looking for pageviews and flamewars by posting this rubbish
post #215 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yes, let's see what happens:  name two Apple products I've said are wholly inferior to competing products.

 

Notice how he frames the question so specifically that even if you were inclined to waste your time going through the garbage heap of his post history, you have to find products that he said are "wholly" inferior. So, even if he trashed a product, if he didn't actually way it was "wholly inferior" it doesn't qualify. And of cf course, people, services, etc. don't qualify either, it has to be a product.

 

Let's make it more useful in determining he's a troll. (Hint: he is) Find two examples, not in this thread, where he behaved in a troll-like manor.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

 

I thought I'd have a look at some of MacRulez' 2000+ posts and what I found surprised me.  I could find posts for the last three months, but prior to that, he's got a large number of deleted posts going all the way back to 2010.  As far as I can tell, every post of his from 2010, 2011, and most of 2012 has been deleted.  That looks suspicious to me, but it's definitely confusing.  Does anyone have a good explanation?  

 

He's been banned a number of time for trolling. Maybe at one point the moderator who banned him deleted his history, intending to ban him permanently.

 

BTW, it appears that the 'z' trolls are getting a little more discreet in their choice of names. Now along with MacRulez, who's stayed here after most of the other 'z' trolls left, we now have mrrodriguez. Could be just a coincidence, but considering the spate of them we had at one time, perhaps not.


Edited by anonymouse - 3/24/13 at 6:01am
post #216 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

 

So where did the "Koolaid" references which have been bandied about about Apple fans for the last couple of decades come from?

 

It was a cult with a charismatic leader. Duh.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #217 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
I still can't fathom why Apple doesn't make a simple widget to turn on/off Wifi/BT/Cellular Data/GPS when it is one of the most commonly used features.

 

Yet.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #218 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Love the people bitching about how this piece is so "biased". Did you miss the fucking blue OPINION bubble before the article heading.

 

Opinions can be biased and plain wrong.

 

"it is my opinion that the UFO I saw was an alien spacecraft." And then the faker comes out of the closet to say how they did it. But nothing is said of the opinion guy because it was his opinion? Surely people would laugh at him, right?

 

Opinions can be criticised, examined, mocked, correct and incorrect. This is the real world.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #219 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

 

Lol, cheaper? Let me guess, you're gonna use the BMW vs. Ford analogy? lol.gif

 

You don't gotta get mad TS, I'm just saying what is on everyone's mind even if they don't want to admit it. Apple is NOT SPECIAL. Their 5 minutes of fame (or 5 years really) is over, and now you guys are mad because Google is getting their time in the spotlight. Let's just call it what it is...

 

How about the RRP of the iPhone 5 16GB vs the RRP of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, I get $A799 vs $A849.

 

Google has been "in the spotlight" since not long after they came out of Stanford and became a household word and the generic term for Internet search.

 

/yawn , can't you come up with anything better, it's as if you are looking through a $1400 webcam strapped to the side of your face.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #220 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

 

It was a cult with a charismatic leader. Duh.

 

Schmidt? Page? Brin?

 

Although that's a triumvirate with all the charisma of a dead fish.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #221 of 298
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post
Lol, cheaper? Let me guess, you're gonna use the BMW vs. Ford analogy?

 

I'm going to use MSRP. Now be quiet, since you have no truth on your mind.


I'm just saying what is on everyone's mind even if they don't want to admit it. Their 5 minutes of fame (or 5 years really) is over… Let's just call it what it is…

 

Okay, you're a troll who, as of late, refuses to say anything positive whatsoever about Apple. You have no reason—and therefore no right—to be here at all, and you pretend not to notice this fact while continuing to spew your endless FUD.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #222 of 298
I think we all should give Daniel a big shout-out for his very successful effort to stir the pot and attract a fresh new batch of Android and/or MS fans to AI, members some here playfully call "trolls". It was getting a bit quiet lately. 6 pages on a weekend is damn impressive. Perhaps some of our new members can stick around awhile.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #223 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

How about the RRP of the iPhone 5 16GB vs the RRP of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, I get $A799 vs $A849.

Google has been "in the spotlight" since not long after they came out of Stanford and became a household word and the generic term for Internet search.

/yawn , can't you come up with anything better, it's as if you are looking through a $1400 webcam strapped to the side of your face.

Nice, RRP, now why don't you put up ACTUAL sales price, and it's more like iPhone 5 $699-$749 and Note 2 $599-$649. Grasping at straws here...

$1,400 webcam? 1oyvey.gif
post #224 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Notice how he frames the question so specifically that even if you were inclined to waste your time going through the garbage heap of his post history, you have to find products that he said are "wholly" inferior. So, even if he trashed a product, if he didn't actually way it was "wholly inferior" it doesn't qualify. And of cf course, people, services, etc. don't qualify either, it has to be a product.

Let's make it more useful in determining he's a troll. (Hint: he is) Find two examples, not in this thread, where he behaved in a troll-like manor.


He's been banned a number of time for trolling. Maybe at one point the moderator who banned him deleted his history, intending to ban him permanently.

BTW, it appears that the 'z' trolls are getting a little more discreet in their choice of names. Now along with MacRulez, who's stayed here after most of the other 'z' trolls left, we now have mrrodriguez. Could be just a coincidence, but considering the spate of them we had at one time, perhaps not.

lol, that's how you spell Rodriguez, with a Z. You know like A-Rod...
post #225 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

You mean except for today... 90% of your total post count is in this thread.

 

We'll all be relieved when you return to your once yearly post frequency.

 

What you mean is that most people will be.  The reality is that most people on here are narrow minded in their blinkered love for all things Apple to the point where they cannot possibly see anything at all wrong (or that could be improved) with anything that they do.  I unfortunately only like about 90% of their stuff so it would appear that I don't fit in at all.  Well I really can't be bothered arguing with people who think of Apple as a religion then call people names because they dare to have thoughts that are slightly different from the pack.  I'll leave you all to it and speak to some grown ups on another forum instead.

Living the life
Reply
Living the life
Reply
post #226 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm going to use MSRP. Now be quiet, since you have no truth on your mind.

Okay, you're a troll who, as of late, refuses to say anything positive whatsoever about Apple. You have no reason—and therefore no right—to be here at all, and you pretend not to notice this fact while continuing to spew your endless FUD.

The man behind the writing of this article had an opinion. I refuted his opinion with my opinion. His opinion had flaws, and I corrected them. Now if my opinions have flaws that you want to correct, feel free to correct them. Except you have no real opinions, you only have talking points. You just go with the flow of Apple, even though it's obviously a sinking ship that everyone outside of the Apple bubble can see.

And the only device that has a higher MSRP than the iPhone 5 is the Galaxy Note 2. Given that we're talking about Google, not Samsung, we'd be comparing Google's to Apple's, so it's the Nexus 4 (MSRP $349) vs iPhone 5 ($649). iPhone 5 commands a $300 premium, therefore quality needs to be at least almost double what the Nexus 4 offers, or else it will catch some flak. Same thing with iPhone 5S. It better have an 8K video recorder or something.
post #227 of 298

228 posts!!

 

Must be a damn slow weekend.
 

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #228 of 298
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post
The man behind the writing of this article had an opinion. I refuted his opinion with my opinion.

 

You can't refute an opinion with an opinion. You refute with fact; that's in the definition of the word. 


Except you have no real opinions, you only have talking points. You just go with the flow of Apple, even though it's obviously a sinking ship that everyone outside of the Apple bubble can see.

 

That's one.


And the only device that has a higher MSRP than the iPhone 5 is the Galaxy Note 2. 

 

Ah, I was speaking of Apple overall, not just their phones.


…iPhone 5 commands a $300 premium, therefore quality needs to be at least almost double what the Nexus 4 offers…

 

By your magical, mystical, and wholly arbitrary definition of what you think you're talking about, sure.


It better have an 8K video recorder or something.

 

Or you'll what, buy something else? Please do and rid us of your false concern FUD.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #229 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The term TROLL has become a self fulfilling prophecy on this forum. AppleInsider posts these types of threads on the main page for no other reason than to create conflict. If you look at the threads on this forum if you have the word Google, Samsung or Microsoft in the title it will almost always get hundreds of posts that have next to no value.

I have been a member of dozens of forums and this forum uses the word Troll more than all other forums I have been on combined. When you post an opinion thread on the forum and just simply start calling people trolls because they may have something to say against Apple or in favor of any of the above is beyond ridiculous.

Might as well make this a private forum with 10-15 members so everyone can sit around and agree with each other. Reading six pages of this thread if it wasn't so sad and pathetic it would actually be funny. Add a Global Moderator that clearly lives on the forum and adds to conflict well that is just the cherry on top.
I think most of us are here because we LOVE Apple products and were eagerly awaiting news of APPLE'S "NEXT BEST THING!"

For true long time Apple fans who were fighting for this platform before the "Intel" years, it's very personal!!!

One thing is for certain Apple maps has been a Troll topic for months and when you throw this into an argument you expose yourself for the snipers! There are plenty of people who had no issues with it & could find where their wife was born if desperately needed!

What was the name of that city that couldnt be found COWASAKI? You conveniently failed to mention it!
post #230 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You can't refute an opinion with an opinion. You refute with fact; that's in the definition of the word. 

That's one.

Ah, I was speaking of Apple overall, not just their phones.

By your magical, mystical, and wholly arbitrary definition of what you think you're talking about, sure.

Or you'll what, buy something else? Please do and rid us of your false concern FUD.

1oyvey.gif

You know, back when Apple was struggling, nobody talked about sales. They only talked about content, they only talked about the user experience, and that they bought Apple products because it was better. It was better, Apple products Were better.

But now that there's real competition in design, user experience, and content, the talking points switch to "Sales" and "Successful", and we completely forget that Windows was "successful" throughout all of the 90's, and mid 2000's, yet it was still trash. And it wasn't trash because it was unusable, but because it didn't evolve. Since Windows 95, Windows stayed relatively the same, with no major changes, and the only reason was because there was no real competition.

Now Windows continues to decline (it's still on top PC wise, but it's largely irrelevant in terms of growth, much like Blackberry was/is) and all because they were the dominant OS, and they didn't feel they needed to change too much of their OS.Apple is following this trend.

You can call me a troll, you can say I'm spreading FUD, whatever. Apple doesn't have the pull it used to, it can't continue it's status quo unless it's making efforts to reinvent technology and the internet. They have the capabilities, the money, the talent, and the manufacturing chain. They are sitting on a gold mine in terms of technological resources, and yet they squander that by playing it safe. They could launch their own wireless network, and start making their phones only on their network. They can create a global walled garden that has bigger boundaries, but it's still safe to be inside. They could have all their products be part of the wireless network, and they could make a car that has built in siri, maps navigation, always internet connected, where they can update the car's.. carOS, and every year the owners get a new upgraded functionality.

Apple can do SO many things, but it's sitting back and waiting, and that's why there is no "flawgic", there's only risk taking and wimp CEO's that are scared to take risks.

Elon Musk should be Apple CEO, merge the Tesla car with Apple. Then true progress will happen inside Apple.
post #231 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

BTW, it appears that the 'z' trolls are getting a little more discreet in their choice of names. Now along with MacRulez, who's stayed here after most of the other 'z' trolls left, we now have mrrodriguez. Could be just a coincidence, but considering the spate of them we had at one time, perhaps not.

 

You mean Zither Zather Zuzz was a troll? 1wink.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #232 of 298

About a paragraph in I realized the author wanted me to pretend I hadn't been reading anything about Apple and Google for the last FIVE YEARS.  Apparently we're doing pep rallies now.  Yay.  Go Apple.  Google SUX.  Yay.  ....Ugh....

post #233 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So where did the "Koolaid" references which have been bandied about about Apple fans for the last couple of decades come from?

Get out, you don't know about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #234 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

Elon Musk should be Apple CEO, merge the Tesla car with Apple. Then true progress will happen inside Apple.

 

If by "true progress" you mean Apple is the first company to build a retail store on Mars. Because that's what Elon Musk is all about, baby.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #235 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

You know, back when Apple was struggling, nobody talked about sales. They only talked about content, they only talked about the user experience, and that they bought Apple products because it was better. It was better, Apple products Were better.

That's bullshit. We talked about sales which is why we knew Apple was struggling. We also talked about user experience which was an issue before the redesign of the Mac and Mac OS.
Quote:
They could launch their own wireless network, and start making their phones only on their network.

So glad that you aren't employed by Apple. Nothing says turning success into failure faster than asinine suggestions like making iPhones only work on a proprietary Apple mobile network.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #236 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's bullshit. We talked about sales which is why we knew Apple was struggling. We also talked about user experience which was an issue before the redesign of the Mac and Mac OS.
So glad that you aren't employed by Apple. Nothing says turning success into failure faster than asinine suggestions like making iPhones only work on a proprietary Apple mobile network.

People always cracked me up with "Apple should build/buy their own network". It's such a limited viewpoint, what about the rest of the world?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #237 of 298
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post
But now that there's real competition in design, user experience, and content…

 

AppleInsider Semi-official "Seaw O' Quabity" 

 


They are sitting on a gold mine in terms of technological resources, and yet they squander that by playing it safe.

 

So continuing to manage a company with the frugality of a start-up is "squandering" these days… 


Apple can do SO many things, but it's sitting back and waiting, and that's why there is no "flawgic", there's only risk taking and wimp CEO's that are scared to take risks.

 

Apple could make clothes. Apple should get into food. Apple should build spaceships.


Apple can do SO many things, but they're not staffed by complete and utter morons, so they don't. 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #238 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

 

If by "true progress" you mean Apple is the first company to build a retail store on Mars. Because that's what Elon Musk is all about, baby.

He's about much more than that, baby.

post #239 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

So continuing to manage a company with the frugality of a start-up is "squandering" these days… 

 

I'm not sure that startups are managed more frugally than established companies. In fact, it is often the other way around.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Apple should get into food. 

 

They are named Apple after all.

post #240 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

Lol, cheaper? Let me guess, you're gonna use the BMW vs. Ford analogy? lol.gif

You don't gotta get mad TS, I'm just saying what is on everyone's mind even if they don't want to admit it. Apple is NOT SPECIAL. Their 5 minutes of fame (or 5 years really) is over, and now you guys are mad because Google is getting their time in the spotlight. Let's just call it what it is...

5 minutes (or years) of fame? Do you actual believe what you wrote? Apple invented the PC market with the Apple II, reinvented it with the original Mac, some might say it reinvented the PC with the iMac and MBA. It reinvented mp3 players, smartphones, and tablets. Know your history, troll.

What has Google reinvented without stealing first.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'