or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'

Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic' - Page 2

post #41 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

There is a false dichotomy in our society that unless you are staid in your presentation what you are saying can not be true. That doesn't actually follow in reason if you think about it: it's possible to be rationally pissed. For example if someone really is copying you and getting away with it.

If you look past the presentation and objectively evaluate the statements being made you will see it is pretty much true what he said.

It's kind of hard to objectively evaluate an article written by DED when he has clearly over the years established himself as having a very strong Apple bias. His articles usually have some really good info to consider, but you have to read it with a healthy bit of skepticism considering his very non-objective view of all things Apple.

This particular article is so ridiculous (not entirely untrue, but just plain ridiculous) that I thought perhaps it was meant to be published on April 1st.

post #42 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidlady View Post

I read this in its entirety, and honestly it sounds like one big tantrum!

Since you failed to counter any of the points made in the article, we can assume you agree with it in it's entirety except for its tone?

post #43 of 298

I want more articles like this!  Great stuff.

post #44 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowasaki View Post

But are they really? If you are going to have a touch screen on a phone then that dictates that the phone will be rectangular with a speaker at the top, mic at the bottom and most of the front is a screen.  The "home" button being where it is is just logical and Samsung have actually got 3 buttons at the bottom on the note2 I've just bought but the other two are touch sensitive.  The question of copying is one that is being argued throughout the world with one company winner in one area and the other in another area.  

If all of Apple's designs are so obvious and natural, why is it that everyone else takes two+ years to copy them?

Why is it that the smartphone market was a mishmash of fixed and sliding chicklet keyboards, festooned with countless buttons and hinges, all wrapped in miscellaneous asymmetrical blobs... and then after the first iPhone, everything else looked like an iPhone?

post #45 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Flexibly adaptive logic, or ?Flawgic,?

Nice try.  It'll never catch on.

censored

censored

post #46 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

LOL

There goes any chance of you getting taken seriously ever again...

Have you got an iPhone5?

It's a rubbish size/shape for one handed use, I preferred the iPhone3G

Living the life
Living the life
post #47 of 298
You know it's spot on -- even if its lightly corny -- when the woodwork gets lighter.
post #48 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post

Satire and "real" news websites don't mix.

Normally I'd agree, however, as the article rightly says, the media reports continuously about Samsung and Android in a glowing light ... but it isn't news (using the same definition of news you are i.e. factual) but flawgic! So Surely the article / editorial is 100% valid.
Edited by digitalclips - 3/23/13 at 8:20am
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Long on AAPL so biased
post #49 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Nice try.  It'll never catch on.

You don't think? You must have missed the last dozen US Presidential election cycles 1wink.gif ... Not brining up politics per se, rather the advertising used therein.
Long on AAPL so biased
Long on AAPL so biased
post #50 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverx View Post

If all of Apple's designs are so obvious and natural, why is it that everyone else takes two+ years to copy them?

Why is it that the smartphone market was a mishmash of fixed and sliding chicklet keyboards, festooned with countless buttons and hinges, all wrapped in miscellaneous asymmetrical blobs... and then after the first iPhone, everything else looked like an iPhone?

If you have a touch screen that is virtually the size of a phone then how else are you going to lay it out?  Apple decided on using the large screen first but as these became more available everyone was going to use them eventually anyway. 

The mic and speaker have to be basically where they are, there isn't any real choice there.

The screen has to be where it is, again not much choice there.

The only thing that could be argued over is the location of the home button or even using a home button and the decision to go for the larger touch screen. 

Who designed the first laptop??  All laptops have a similar layout so has everyone copied them?  I'm sure it wasn't Apple so has Apple copied that company? - NO it's just logical.

CLEARLY there IS an argument over whether or not other people have copied Apple based on the number of court cases that Apple and Samsung are winning against each other in various places.

I'm not a fan boy of any marque I simple buy the best thing FOR ME at the time.  At the moment almost all of my personal electronic kit is Apple, I have a top spec 15" retina MBP, a Mac Pro, a retina iPad and until 8 days ago was using an iPhone5 !  But I have a Samsung fridge, 2x TVs, 1 x DVDR and various components in other things.  I use DELL monitors on the MacPro because the inputs were more flexible although if I were replacing the DELL monitors now I would buy 27" thunderbolt displays.

Living the life
Living the life
post #51 of 298
Best oped tech piece i've read in a long time. Daneil Eran Dilger is MAN OF THE YEAR!!!
post #52 of 298
I love this opinion piece and I'm going to share it in the best place possible...yup, Publicly on Google Plus! Some of it may be silly, Most of it is True and people need to read it cause the only thing worse than Apple Fanboys is .....you guessed it Google Fanboys! They even have their very own Social Network...... Body Armor Own, Copy URL, Take a Deep Breath, Paste URL.....Sharing in 3,2,1.... Wish me luck! Buhahahahaha
post #53 of 298
Quote:

I'm not a fan boy of any marque I simple buy the best thing FOR ME at the time.  At the moment almost all of my personal electronic kit is Apple, I have a top spec 15" retina MBP, a Mac Pro, a retina iPad and until 8 days ago was using an iPhone5....

Yeah you do, sure you do..... we heard you twice the first time.
post #54 of 298
Christopher Hitchens said the people you need to worry about are those sans humor. Could the "opinion" button beside the post have been rendered invisible through some flawgic?
post #55 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Yeah you do, sure you do..... we heard you twice the first time.

I'm just making it very clear that my comments are coming from someone who likes Apple equipment and uses it extensively.  Until last week I'd never even picked up an Android device.  I still think that the iPad and retina MBP are absolutely without equal and I just hope that Apple come up with some new ideas for their next new version of the iPhone (and I would happily switch back).

I still think that the iPhone5 is better built, has a better camera, better flash, much better speaker and I could sync Numbers spreadsheets which I can't do with the Note2.

For a new iPhone I would like a larger screen and I would like a stylus but I doubt that they will go down the stylus route as they've said they don't like them previously.  Personally a stylus suits me as I have large fingers/thumbs and hitting exactly the right key with them so small is difficult especially when typing passwords.

Living the life
Living the life
post #56 of 298
This is either the most stupidest thing I have ever read or the most brilliantly written piece I have ever read. Reading it fully everything makes sense and I think its one of the most brilliantly written piece I have ever read! Confusing at first, but understand it now!
post #57 of 298
Wow. I almost thought I was reading a real article for a second... But alas, no real news or a story here. This cheeky blog post feels desperate or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but gives off this vibe of some rich, spoiled kid tearing apart his friends new car secretly because he's jealous but he convinces himself he hates it.

There shouldn't be one platform. I think Android is looking quite nice recently, and Apple is feeling tired. Ooooooh, there... I said it.

This whole attitude and this article especially is quite childish, don't you think?
post #58 of 298

Interesting satire.  Rumor: Apple to solve Google/Android problem once and for all.  Apple to introduce new lower cost phone that runs the next release N+1 of Android.  Phone is reported to be exactly like Android N+1, except when the user tires of the OS, he can wipe the phone by holding down a key combination and install the latest iOS on the same phone.  Problem solved.

post #59 of 298
It's called competition. Deal with it.
post #60 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleish View Post

Wow. I almost thought I was reading a real article for a second... But alas, no real news or a story here. This cheeky blog post feels desperate or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but gives off this vibe of some rich, spoiled kid tearing apart his friends new car secretly because he's jealous but he convinces himself he hates it.

There shouldn't be one platform. I think Android is looking quite nice recently, and Apple is feeling tired. Ooooooh, there... I said it.

This whole attitude and this article especially is quite childish, don't you think?

Hit a raw nerve?

post #61 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Hit a raw nerve?

Not at all... I'm not going to get emotional over a phone, if Android is doing this or Google is doing that. It's a phone. 
You don't see me all p****d at Kenmore because they have a similar design to my Westinghouse coffee grinder. They're just things.
I like tech news as much as the next guy, but some of this stuff is just playground nonsense. Seriously.

Am I wrong?

post #62 of 298
"Developers aren't paying any real attention to Google Play Store? You must not read the news Since Google Play Revenue is growing 10x Higher than App Store"

Wow John Koetsier said that! Who the F#€$ is that? Oh another journalist who supposedly has his hand on the pulse of the tech world! He couldn't be influenced, surely credible!

I'm now going to go read some more credible news from a few analysts.
post #63 of 298
Quote:

I'm just making it very clear that my comments are coming from someone who likes Apple equipment and uses it extensively.  Until last week I'd never even picked up an Android device.  I still think that the iPad and retina MBP are absolutely without equal and I just hope that Apple come up with some new ideas for their next new version of the iPhone (and I would happily switch back).

I still think that the iPhone5 is better built, has a better camera, better flash, much better speaker and I could sync Numbers spreadsheets which I can't do with the Note2.

For a new iPhone I would like a larger screen and I would like a stylus but I doubt that they will go down the stylus route as they've said they don't like them previously.  Personally a stylus suits me as I have large fingers/thumbs and hitting exactly the right key with them so small is difficult especially when typing passwords.

If you want a stylus, there are many available that work on iOS devices.
post #64 of 298

Microsoft invented Flawgic. Google is a pale second cousin in comparison.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #65 of 298

Clearly DED best article.

It stretches and bends the truth like Stretch Armstrong, but on the whole rings true. I think he definitely dropped the ball when he gets all defensive about Kool Aid. Nobody ever suggested Steve or Apple were mass murderers. But Steve was a charismatic leader who ran a company with a cult-like following. That's undeniable. Everyone knows this. It's not a cult in the strictest sense, but Apple does have a cult-like mentality. Most great companies do. 

Edited by Ireland - 3/23/13 at 7:42am
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #66 of 298
Quote:

You don't see me all p****d .....

LOL. Then why are you?
post #67 of 298
"Who cares if it's a little thinner? - I'd rather have a better battery!"

I wouldnt say Apple has poor battery life. It's quite good. In comparison my girlfriend & her daughter both have Samscum & their battery life sucks! Her daughter & I heavily use our phones for videos, games, etc. and mine outlives hers by hours easily! They both have also replaced their phones 3x for various issues, haven't had issue one with my iPhone 4s.
post #68 of 298
Quote:

Not at all... I'm not going to get emotional over a phone, if Android is doing this or Google is doing that. It's a phone. 
You don't see me all p****d at Kenmore because they have a similar design to my Westinghouse coffee grinder. They're just things.
I like tech news as much as the next guy, but some of this stuff is just playground nonsense. Seriously.

Am I wrong?

You and cowasaki seem pretty emotional.

post #69 of 298
Quote:

I have had Apple computers since the beginning of the Intel era

Wow, a true "Mac Loyalist" all the way back to the Intel years!
Quote:

maps that wasn't right when it launched/quote]

Wow! Hover Dam's picture didn't look right, so Apple Maps were completely unusable! Yep you bought into the hype!
Quote:

I have just replaced my iPhone5 with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It is a far better phone in my opinion./quote]

Why are you on here then? Oh that's right to share this important revelation with all the other Old School "Intel Years" Mac Loyalists!

Nice Try, Beat It Troll!
post #70 of 298
You just lost me as a daily reader. I come here for news, not hyperbole.
post #71 of 298
Then you're reading it wrong. That's the problem with text. Most people imbue written text with their own emotions.

I'm pretty sure I know when I'm emotional, and phones I assure you, don't make me angry. Neither do brands that I didn't invent. Or sports teams that I'm not a part of.

You guys really should lighten up. I guess I kind of knew this was coming though. I understand Apple vs. Google is very personal to many. We all have to have something to live for.
post #72 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigybank View Post

I could not have said this better myself.  I love the clearly android fanboy response criticizing this article's fanboy nature.  Flawgic at its best!

Well, an objective person would also say this is a highly biased piece.

post #73 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

You just lost me as a daily reader.

Good luck elzewhere. (Something about your name name givez you away.)
post #74 of 298
Quote:

http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/moschopz/media/kiss-me_team-america.gif.html

post #75 of 298
Quote:

Who cares if it's a little thinner? - I'd rather have a better battery!

8 hours on LTE. How shitty is that¡

All your talking points are old and weak, and coming up with something novel and ultimately pointless that Samsung has done on their own in no way means they didn't copy a buttload of other things from Apple.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #76 of 298
Quote:

Then you're reading it wrong. That's the problem with text. Most people imbue written text with their own emotions.

I'm pretty sure I know when I'm emotional, and phones I assure you, don't make me angry. Neither do brands that I didn't invent. Or sports teams that I'm not a part of.

Likewise for others too?

Oh, you might wish to lighten up a bit.
post #77 of 298
Probably explains the big Opinion tag on the top of the article.
post #78 of 298
Quote:

Skip the articles clearly labeled as Opinion?
post #79 of 298
DED's article really got all the phandroids out of the woodwork. Hmmm... Perhaps there is truth to this article??
post #80 of 298
There are many new posters in this thread. Regardless of how you feel about this humorous opinion piece — note: there is only one correct answer — you can't deny that it has been successful.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Editorial: Google?s Android powered by remarkable new 'Flawgic'