or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Getting my jam packs back

Getting my jam packs back

post #1 of 2

Just got a new iMac and Garageband doesn't recognize my jam packs. It recognizes that various instruments were used in my projects, but it doesn't access them.

I remember having this problem before, but that was almost 6 years ago and I can't recall for the life of me what the solution was - if I reinstall, and if I do, how do I get rid of the instruments that are already there, but not being recognized..... or maybe there is a simpler solution.

A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #2 of 2

Hi, I found this answer on apple forum see if it works for you.

Lion does not support PowerPC applications - the Rosetta engine is no longer available , but the older JamPacks have installers that only run on PowerPCs, and so you cannot install those on Lion easily.

If you have the loops available from a backup, the best way to install those is to drag the loops onto the Loop Browser panel in Garageband; then GB will install them properly in the library, but you also will need to install the corresponding instruments in your instruments library. The instruments need to be installed in

Your system volume -> Library -> Application Support -> GarageBand -> Instrument Library

BTW: The easiest way to install all JamPacks at once for OS Lion would be to buy MainStage 2 from the App Store. It will install all JamPacks and the Instruments plus many additional loops from Logic Pro and is much less expensive than any of the JamPacks.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Getting my jam packs back