or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Why is there no AppStore for the AppleTV?

Why is there no AppStore for the AppleTV?

post #1 of 3

Seems like kind of a no-brainer to have a SDK for the AppleTV, with either an accessory controller or using iPhone/iPad/iPod as a controller.  The iPhone has an accelerometer that could make it kind of like a wii controller, etc.

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #2 of 3

I've always thought this.... It's probably something which could easily happen but they are holding back for a product launch at some point.

post #3 of 3

The App Store is already on the Apple TV, courtesy AirPlay. There's no dedicated App Store because the only "apps" that can utilize a remote with SIX buttons are those that would actually fit the purpose of said store on a television, and the content of said apps hasn't yet been negotiated. So here we are.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Why is there no AppStore for the AppleTV?