or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Safari: How to open the right click google search in a new tab?

Safari: How to open the right click google search in a new tab?

post #1 of 3

Title say it all. When I'm reading a page and wanna make a google search over a term in the text, be it because I do not understand a word for example, I select the word or the entire expression, then I do a right click on it and select "search with google". But since I usually did not finish to read the page, I want the search to open in a new tab, not the same. Chrome does it automatically. How can it be done with safari? I looked up the preference, doesnt seem to be there.

Thanks

post #2 of 3

Come on guys!

post #3 of 3
That's weird, I have two 'search with google' options in my contextual menu. The top one opens in the same tab, the bottom one opens in a new tab. The bottom one is a service. You can enable services in system prefs, which you can reach via the Safari > services menu.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Safari: How to open the right click google search in a new tab?