or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Chinese regulator: Consumers must be protected against Apple's Chinese warranty practices

Chinese regulator: Consumers must be protected against Apple's Chinese warranty practices - Page 2

post #41 of 58
i totally agree both with apple and with china. my experience with apple is apparently the same as the chinese's.

i had more issues with apple in the past couple of years than in the whole of the other nearly 30 years before. even with such gigantic profits, much like politicians apple is now ignoring mistakes and refusing to address situations where it clearly failed. i had a trackpad going crazy by itself like thousands report online still, and apples response was saying nothing was wrong. their response to the iphone antenna problem was to change the software to hide and ignore it. worse of all, some people actually believe in apples "flawgic" too.. apple is better than their recent after-sales practices.. always was.

when things go right with apple now it is perhaps better than ever, but u better wish u dont have to resort to apple for some bigger issue cause very quickly u will understand the chinese.

apple user since 1983..

IIe, IIc, 128k, Plus, Se/30, IIci, LC, SI, LCIII, PPC7100, G3, iMac Bondi

Newton MP2000, iPod 10Gb / Touch 4g, iPhone / 3G

PowerBook 170 / G3 Lombard / G4 17" 1GHz

apple user since 1983..

post #42 of 58
@spamsandwich River of Pearls. 'nuff said. Y'know, Ivy League was actually paid for in chinese blood, so lesson-giving might not be appropriate.

@solipsismx Indeed, Americans are getting scared...

As for me, I think this is obviously a ploy by the Chinese government, either to leverage some control over iOS, or simply a grab for money, either by the government or by some greedy official. Would not be the first time. However, I may be wrong, and I feel the aggresiveness towards the chinese on this particular board is scary...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

post #43 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescarred1 View Post

What the heck is going on with America? China breaking into corporate computers to steal our best work, Samsung keeps selling stolen product ideas, and thousands of Americans defend both of these regimes as if they owe them their lives. Sad.

Samsung is not a "regime"...

post #44 of 58
Actually the Chinese need protection from their own farmers and government. Thousands of dead pigs polluting the water source for the City of Shanghai and now thousands of dead ducks.
post #45 of 58
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Holy cow, they need to update that page.

Originally Posted by PDRPRTScom View Post
…apple is now ignoring mistakes and refusing to address situations where it clearly failed.

No, it's not.

apple is better than their recent after-sales practices.. always was.

What "recent "sales practices""? The same "sales practices" they've had for over a decade? 

Frigging trolls.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #46 of 58

The EU and several individual European countries are prosecuting Apple because the warranty is only a year, which does not comply with local laws. Apple should stand for its products and offer a better warranty then the law requires. We’re going to need it with more and more Apple-devices glued together and almost impossible to repair.

post #47 of 58

This is the tune and Apple has to dance. Until it becomes economically unfeasible for Apple, this will be the norm. 

post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elian Gonzalez View Post

This is the tune and Apple has to dance. Until it becomes economically unfeasible for Apple, this will be the norm. 

Or Apple can use its cash reserves and pull out of China. That would send a very, very interesting signal to the world ^^

Besides, I hear that pulling out is better than using condoms in the eye of God (not voyeurism at all though).

post #49 of 58
Hey isn't that old news? Or did they try to pull this trick once again? This is just getting beyond the limit.
post #50 of 58

"a government led crusade against the Cupertino company"

"Ultimately, the smear campaign backfired..."

"anti-Apple rhetoric..."

Sounds like another DED article. Is Mikey Campbell another one of his pseudonyms?

post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm sensing a lot of animosity toward the Chinese here. 1hmm.gif

I hope not. I like Chinese people. I don't like their government. As a matter of fact, I don't much like ours either.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepriver View Post

If China (government) had its way, it would take over Apple's Chinese factories and take the product and money for themselves.

So true.

Apple must be seen by the power hungry China Gov as a threat.

So the China is trying to turn the people off Apple, before too many in China see Apple as superior to the China Gov.

Most China people are now beyond this China Gov BS, I'm sure they are having a quiet private chuckle over this.

Careful China Gov, Apple may be starting a democratic religion !

post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtinc View Post

Actually the Chinese need protection from their own farmers and government. Thousands of dead pigs polluting the water source for the City of Shanghai and now thousands of dead ducks.

I'm glad you said the China people need food protection, not us.

We are increasingly getting food products from China here, the last food I'd ever eat.

BTW my local friends from China agree with me on avoiding food from China. 

They do to, except for shark fin soup!   irked.gif

post #54 of 58

I'd say that this is part of a bigger picture.

The US government freezing Chinese companies out of providing network equipment (Huawei, ZTE) on the basis of "security risks", has prompted China into a bit of tit for tat diplomacy.

Apple is a pawn in a bigger game.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Holy cow, they need to update that page.

No, it's not.

What "recent "sales practices""? The same "sales practices" they've had for over a decade? 

Frigging trolls.

hi there. first of all company law cant put itself above local legislation.. for instance in europe this apple statement doesnt mean anything cause if u want to launch a product there u need to offer a 2 year warranty period. china has their own rules too and apple better comply, for it is better to reduce profit than risking not securing that market. aside from this, it is in the whole worlds interest that companies dont start dictating consumer rights.

then u ask about recent sales practices: i mean what happened soon after the original imac boom - yes - it should be something like ten years, maybe a little more?..

meanwhile, i understand u want to defend apple, just be aware that iv been doing that since way before u were born.. apple become strong from the dedication and commitment of a user base against all odds and especially facing an overwhelming majority of windows fanatics who were incapable of questioning their platform.. thats what got microsoft downhill, so for me it is clear that attitudes like urs are to be dropped if we are to keep our beloved apple vision clean. especially from a moderator. if u want to be positive im open for discussion unless u use another insult. peace

apple user since 1983..

apple user since 1983..

post #56 of 58
hi there. first of all company law cant put itself above local legislation.

Oh, of course not. Agreed.

china has their own rules too and apple better comply

Thing is, they are.

then u ask about recent sales practices: i mean what happened soon after the original imac boom - yes - it should be something like ten years, maybe a little more?..

I still don't understand what you're trying to claim with "recent". They've changed nothing recently.

…just be aware that iv been doing that since way before u were born…

…u…

I'm not so sure.

…who were incapable of questioning their platform…

Thing is, I'm just defending against those who would use lies and falsehoods to question Apple.

…another insult.

I'd have to use one first.

post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, of course not. Agreed.

Thing is, they are.

I still don't understand what you're trying to claim with "recent". They've changed nothing recently.

I'm not so sure.

Thing is, I'm just defending against those who would use lies and falsehoods to question Apple.

I'd have to use one first.

thk u Tallest Skil i appreciate ur respect. yes it is true a decade probably doesnt qualify recent, maybe for me it is cause the first years seemed to go much slower

i do understand that apple says they r complying with all rules.. and im not saying we can be sure the chinese government call is right (at all), but my personal experience tells me that even if we love apple, we still are the people, before being apple. so thank you for defending apple against falsehoods, but at least in my case u can be sure of that old saying: "not all people that drop shit on u want to harm u, and not all people that take u out of shit want the best for u". i want the best for apple.. just in ways that guarantee longevity, close to the people. cheers

at least for me apples success is paramount and that is my ultimate intention. to report from the base what isnt working and what works great just the same. iv read appleinsider for donkey years, and others before but since appleinsider this is my favourite apple news place. the fact that i havent really commented before doesnt mean anything. 

apple user since 1983..

apple user since 1983..

post #58 of 58

that old saying: "not all people that drop shit on u want to harm u, and not all people that take u out of shit want the best for u".

That's an interesting saying; I've not heard that one.

i want the best for apple. just in ways that guarantee longevity, close to the people.

As do I. But misrepresenting the company for the purpose of tricking the people into demanding better service isn't the way to go about it, and that's what they seem to be doing here.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Chinese regulator: Consumers must be protected against Apple's Chinese warranty practices