or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: iOS 7 to see significant overhaul, development running behind schedule

Rumor: iOS 7 to see significant overhaul, development running behind schedule - Page 3

post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

The first paragraph implies that Apple management woke up one morning and decided that iOS would need to be refreshed. It then scrambled to find people and none were available. This is obviously not so, OS development is an ongoing project, so why they cannot have manned up (in more ways than one) over the last N years is a bit of a mystery.

True, which is why this sounds like it's more about unexpected work:

The news article claims that "Apple is struggling to implement the changes on time", which would indicate that there's more that has to be done in the allotted time, than they originally thought.

Perhaps they started the changes, then realized that they had to go back and revamp more stock apps than they had expected, so they temporarily shifted other developers over to iOS to help out.

Sure wouldn't be the first time someone miscalculated the impact of a software change!

(A related possibility, and pretty common to the way Jobs used to do things, is that perhaps Jon Ive has made some last minute tweaks that require extra rewrites.)

post #82 of 84

I hope they change the whole App versioning system.

I mean, it's completely ridiculous that updating an app involves re-downloading the entire program, instead of just patching it. It's a telephone, data's expensive, the only beneficiary of this system is the Telecoms who are paid by the megabyte. Shouldn't a product like a telephone be designed to transfer data as efficiently as possible?

post #83 of 84
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
…Maps fiasco.

Still on that pathetic schtick, huh?

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
WWDC will come around and people will be disappointed because the change isn't as massive as the media hype was.

If nothing had been said, WWDC would have come around and people would have been disappointed because something that was never even rumored to happen didn't happen. No one can be pleased by any Apple event at any time.

Except the people who don't pay attention to the events and who don't know how stupid analysts are. They just see the new Apple product on shelves and are blown away.

Originally Posted by busybeingborn View Post
I have always hated that kid & candy design.

What design? Nothing needs "correcting".

Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post
Ok, I can accept OS X 10.9 being late for this.

I can't! I get that there's only one team anymore and I understand the benefits of it, but really.

Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post
…all that skeuomorphic crap…

You have no clue what you're talking about whatsoever.

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post
The problem with Themes.  You lose your brand Ugly themes come to be seen as the norm

Bingo.

Originally Posted by macapptraining View Post
A universal UI needs to be implemented between iOS and OS X. Hopefully sooner than later. 

Not in the slightest.

Originally Posted by Superbass View Post
I mean, it's completely ridiculous that updating an app involves re-downloading the entire program, instead of just patching it.

That's what delta updates are for… 

It's a telephone, data's expensive…

And this is Apple's fault or problem how? Use Wi-Fi.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Which doesn't help with getting that one baby (iOS 7) out the door sooner.

But, iOS 7, like any complex software project, requires birthing hundreds of babies. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Rumor: iOS 7 to see significant overhaul, development running behind schedule
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: iOS 7 to see significant overhaul, development running behind schedule