I wouldn't classify myself as a "power" user, but would like the communities opinion on wether I would need 16GB RAM or just the base specs at 8GB RAM.
What I'm going to do on my MBPr:
- Play older games such as Spore, The Movies, The Sims, etc. (all outputted onto a HDTV, so don't worry about resolution.) Not big on modern games, maybe except Garry's Mod)
- Play minecraft. (I'm sure I can on my old iMac, but want to have a powerful machine for that.)
- Create 3D Models with Blender / SketchUp.
- Render textures with Genetica.
- Run Windows and Ubuntu via Parallels. (saw some YouTube vids of people doing the same seamlessly, but with lower specs then the MBPr.)
I do not think I would need the 16GB RAM, but do want an opinion about the above.