or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Best time to buy for students?

Best time to buy for students?

post #1 of 2
I'm starting med school in August and need to replace my veeeery old MacBook Pro. I don't need anything fancy, but I do want a new 15 inch MacBook Pro with 500GB and possibly Retina display. I have a few questions:

1. What is the best time to buy a new MacBook Pro, price-wise?
2. Do medical students benefit from the student discounts?
3. Does Apple still provide those summer student discounts (in previous years, students buying a new laptop would be offered a free iPod or some such thing.)
4.. If so, how do I best take advantage of the student discount? (Should I use the "Educational Pricing" option advertised on the website? Or wait 'till the summer deals come out?)
5. As someone who is not doing any visual/artistic work on my laptop, do I really want to pay the extra for Retina?

Thank you for your advice!

(I hope this is the appropriate place for this post; please let me know if it isn't.)
post #2 of 2
Originally Posted by mrcl2017 View Post
1. What is the best time to buy a new MacBook Pro, price-wise?
2. Do medical students benefit from the student discounts?
3. Does Apple still provide those summer student discounts (in previous years, students buying a new laptop would be offered a free iPod or some such thing.)
4.. If so, how do I best take advantage of the student discount? (Should I use the "Educational Pricing" option advertised on the website? Or wait 'till the summer deals come out?)
5. As someone who is not doing any visual/artistic work on my laptop, do I really want to pay the extra for Retina?

1. A product's launch day.

2. You have 'student' in your description, yeah? Bingo.

3. It's a $100 gift card now, I think.

4. Hope for a launch day in summer. 1tongue.gif

5. Yes. It's the future of all displays everywhere. But obviously don't spend more than you have.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Best time to buy for students?