or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AppGratis CEO in 'total disbelief' over rejection since Apple approved app 'a week ago'

AppGratis CEO in 'total disbelief' over rejection since Apple approved app 'a week ago' - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderutter View Post

It sounds like this app isn't really an app as it doesn't actually offer any real functionality and should be just a website.

You obviously haven't used it. That's the problem with you, and the many like you. These "I've never even heard of it, so it's a waste..." comments only prove ignorance. Many (millions, as mentioned) find value in an app discovery app like this. I won't waste my time to fill you in on what this app has to offer, nor how it does it, or any other details about why it's useful. There are plenty of truly useless apps in the App Store, but this wasn't one of them. 

I use it, and I'm glad the functionality of it seems to still be intact. 

Apple is slowly pushing away users/customers. If I didn't love every piece of my Apple pie for many reasons, I'd strongly start looking at alternatives. Sadly, there isn't one other platform I'd even consider for many reasons. As of right now, I have more reasons to stay with Apple products than I do to leave the ecosystem. Time will tell if Apple pushes me (and others like me) over the breaking point. 

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bonner View Post

They changed the app.  Also, he contradicts himself many times:  (Blog entry)

Friday, April 5th was the day Apple decided to pull AppGratis out of the App Store, leaving our 12 million iOS users wondering where one of their favorite apps had gone, my 45 employees wondering if they’d still have a job next week, my partners and investors in shock, and myself with an absolutely crazy situation to deal with, thousands of miles away from our headquarters.

First, 12 million iOS users are not wondering where their app went, it is still there on their devices.  I suspect all they need to do is a) remove the notifications  b) add other value to the app that extends the app store.  Then they are back.

My take on this is that instead of blaming Apple for all of his issues, it would be better to ask 'How can I have my app play by the published rules'.  The above just sounds like an attempt to pressure Apple into making an exception.

I can't find any UI or functionality changes to the app that were different than the previous version. It functions exactly the same as it did before the last round of updates. I believe the last listed changes were for bug fixes and stability. 

When you have millions of satisfied users (like me) who tell friends about it, and it's now gone from the App Store, we wonder why it can't be found when a friend or relative tries to find it. So, I wouldn't consider that contradictory. I've told several people about AppGratis who ended up getting it. 

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bonner View Post

My take on this is that instead of blaming Apple for all of his issues, it would be better to ask 'How can I have my app play by the published rules'.  The above just sounds like an attempt to pressure Apple into making an exception.

I wasn't arguing who was at fault here. I was arguing against your statement that he was likely surprised when they initially approved the app. They are probably already doing what you just suggested.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • AppGratis CEO in 'total disbelief' over rejection since Apple approved app 'a week ago'
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AppGratis CEO in 'total disbelief' over rejection since Apple approved app 'a week ago'