or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design

post #1 of 44
Thread Starter 
A photo that allegedly shows the top cover glass of Apple's fifth-generation iPad was posted to the Web early Wednesday, with the purported part taking design cues from the iPad mini including thinner side bezels and shallow rounded corners.

iPad 5 Glass
Source: Nowhereelse.fr


The pictures, first published by French blog Nowhereelse.fr, show what could be the front glass of an as-yet-unannounced next-generation 9.7-inch iPad.

AppleInsider cannot vouch for the veracity of the alleged component, and the following is offered for purposes of discussion only.

Closer inspection of the alleged part reveals a number of changes from the current fourth-generation iPad, such as significantly trimmed bezels and tweaked proportions. By comparing the size of the home button cutout to the surrounding design elements, it can be guessed that the overall dimensions are akin to an oversized iPad mini. This is supposing the home button's size was carried over from the curent model.

Further details, like the ambient light sensor mask and hole for a front-facing camera, can be clearly distinguished in the photo.

iPad 5 Glass


While the size and shape of the component are in line with previous rumors describing a fifth-generation iPad, it is also possible that the part is merely a knockoff.

The supposedly leaked pictures come on the heels of mounting rumors that Apple is preparing to begin production of the next-generation tablet this month ahead of a release in July or August.

Those estimates run counter to sources who told iMore that instead of an iPad launch, August may see the debut of a new iPhone. The site, which has published accurate device predictions in the past, estimated an "April-ish" timeframe for the fifth-gen iPad's unveiling.
post #2 of 44

Wonderful; now it's unusable.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #3 of 44
I was hoping they would switch to a curved crt display and add a rs232 port. BUT, i'm sure they know what they are doing. This will probably be the model I finally break down and buy. I'm still using a PowerMac G5 and am torn between a new Mac or iPad. Leaning toward iPad since we only use the Mac for web browsing 99% of the time.
post #4 of 44
Bring it on! I've had every generation of the iPad and each one is better than the last...the anticipation!
post #5 of 44
I bought a 4th gen when it came out and couldn't be happier. I use it every day betweeen gaming, reading, and designing I can't get enough of it. I will be trading my 4th gen in for the 5 on day one 1smile.gif. I'm looking forward to the new one shedding some weight.
post #6 of 44
Can't wait. Got my money saved up for this purchase. A full size iPad with the mini's form factor and a mini with retina (and reducing the price on the non retina mini in place of iPad 2) would be an awesome line up. Hopefully the price of a retina mini won't go up. Being cheaper than the Galaxy 8.0 would be a huge win for Apple I think.
post #7 of 44

I notice the the side bezel is still wider than on the mini (judging by the home button size) which is probably good because you won't quite be able to hold the bigger iPad in the same way. More thumb room is needed.

 

My question is what is a "shallow rounded corner"?

post #8 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wonderful; now it's unusable.

I would have said similar, but the bezel isn't as narrow as the mini, and the overall device will likely be quite a bit lighter, so don't pre-judge until you have held it. Just my opinion.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #9 of 44
Wiat wait wait. So when Macotakara or Digitimes publish something, and this gets "reported on" by Ai, but Ai doesn't put the disclaimer "AppleInsider cannot vouch for the veracity of the alleged component, and the following is offered for purposes of discussion only." it means that AppleInsider does vouch for the veracity of the stories?

Or is it just a "let's fill the screen so people feel we do something of a report instead of just stealing a picture and linking to a real news?"


Well, don't mind me, I'm just grumpy 1tongue.gif

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #10 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Can't wait. Got my money saved up for this purchase. A full size iPad with the mini's form factor and a mini with retina (and reducing the price on the non retina mini in place of iPad 2) would be an awesome line up. Hopefully the price of a retina mini won't go up. Being cheaper than the Galaxy 8.0 would be a huge win for Apple I think.

Me too, but as for the Retina Mini, I guess it will be more expensive. People _will_ pay up, history shows that, and Apple is consistently more expensive than the competition, because their quality is consistently better. Note: this doesn't mean they don't goof, as the antenna issues on iPhone 4, the battery bugs on iPhone 5 (solved later), the screen lighting-leaks on iMac or the watercooling mess have showed, not to mention MobileMe. They just goof less than others, and their quality is so high that they are forgiven their mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonshf View Post

 

My question is what is a "shallow rounded corner"?

An Apple-copyrighted design style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


I would have said similar, but the bezel isn't as narrow as the mini, and the overall device will likely be quite a bit lighter, so don't pre-judge until you have held it. Just my opinion.

The voice of reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDO2000 View Post

 I'm looking forward to the new one shedding some weight.

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoleman1 View Post

Bring it on! I've had every generation of the iPad and each one is better than the last...the anticipation!

I've waited for this one "forever"... but my compay lets me use their iPads, so the wait was bearable. Also their Nexus, which is by the way great :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wonderful; now it's unusable.

Why? Also, I trust Apple to not break their favorite baby...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #11 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytseman3 View Post

I was hoping they would switch to a curved crt display and add a rs232 port. BUT, i'm sure they know what they are doing. This will probably be the model I finally break down and buy. I'm still using a PowerMac G5 and am torn between a new Mac or iPad. Leaning toward iPad since we only use the Mac for web browsing 99% of the time.

You answered yourself. No brainier. My iPad 4 is the best product I've ever owned. iPhone 5 is a close second, and easily the best phone I've ever owned. If I was going to criticise my iPad it would be that it's too heavy, this will reduce such a criticism. And my two main criticisms of the mini are that the screen is too small for me and the side bezels are too narrow, and this product will have the right screen size and wider narrow bezels. They look narrow like the mini, but they are proportionally wider for it's larger heavier size.

This one will be a winner I think. That's my gut feeling.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Can't wait. Got my money saved up for this purchase. A full size iPad with the mini's form factor and a mini with retina (and reducing the price on the non retina mini in place of iPad 2) would be an awesome line up. Hopefully the price of a retina mini won't go up. Being cheaper than the Galaxy 8.0 would be a huge win for Apple I think.

Or they replace the mini at the same price with the Retina mini. That's what they should do. And additionally they should replace the iPad 2 at the same price with this iPad 5. Simplifying and making irresistible the 2013 iPad lineup.

The iPad mini Retina should start at $329 and the iPad 5 should start at $429. That would be awesome.
Edited by Ireland - 4/10/13 at 5:31am
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


You answered yourself. No brainier. My iPad 4 is the best product I've ever owned. iPhone 5 is a close second, and easily the best phone I've ever owned.

My MBA is my favorite product, I don't use the company Mini I lug around that much, but I do use my iPhone 4 a lot. One thing I distate is Siri on the Mini. It's stupid as hell (Editing a note? Nope. Creating a note, maybe, but randomly the results are horrible. Multi lingual? Not a chance in hell, even though I work in four languages, which is the case of most of my entourage... Hey Apple, it's 2013, world's globalized)

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #14 of 44
front speakers, please...
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


Or they replace the mini at the same price with the Retina mini. That's what they should do. And additionally they should replace the iPad 2 at the same price with this iPad 5.


Are you being sarcastic? Replace the oldest product with the latest one?

Imho, they should decrease the Mini's price again, not by much (20 or 30 euros?), sell a Mini Retina for 30% profit, as they've always shown to try to do, or maybe even more (it's the high end one, they have higher profit margins on high-end machines), discontinue the iPad 2 which is kind of old now, and sell the 4 and 5 at the rpice points, respectively, of 2 and 4...

 

Then again, I'm not out of Wharton.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mieswall View Post

front speakers, please...


I speak a lot and I'm at the front.

 

You have one more  wish left.

 

 

You want to rollback that wish? OK.

You have no more wishes left. Thanks for using United Genies of the Internet's services!

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightknight View Post


Are you being sarcastic? Replace the oldest product with the latest one?
Imho, they should decrease the Mini's price again, not by much (20 or 30 euros?), sell a Mini Retina for 30% profit, as they've always shown to try to do, or maybe even more (it's the high end one, they have higher profit margins on high-end machines), discontinue the iPad 2 which is kind of old now, and sell the 4 and 5 at the rpice points, respectively, of 2 and 4...

Then again, I'm not out of Wharton.

You asked me if I was being sarcastic and subsequently stole my idea practically.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #18 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mieswall View Post

front speakers, please...

Whatever direction they point them i wish they were better and even louder. It's a crucial area for improvement.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #19 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


 so don't pre-judge until you have held it. 

But pre-judging is what he does best!

 

(and pre-judging is what we are all doing here on this rumor site)

post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonshf View Post

I notice the the side bezel is still wider than on the mini (judging by the home button size) which is probably good because you won't quite be able to hold the bigger iPad in the same way. More thumb room is needed.

Yeah, looks spot on. That was a worry of mine, but it looks right.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #21 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieswall View Post

front speakers, please...


I speak a lot and I'm at the front.

You have one more  wish left.


You want to rollback that wish? OK.
You have no more wishes left. Thanks for using United Genies of the Internet's services!

I see you lost your grumpiness!
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
Android seems to be an illiterate product, as they only have numbers to show for.
Reply
post #22 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wonderful; now it's unusable.

 

Because, of course, the iPad Mini is so unusable. 

post #23 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Or they replace the mini at the same price with the Retina mini. That's what they should do. And additionally they should replace the iPad 2 at the same price with this iPad 5. Simplifying and making irresistible the 2013 iPad lineup.

The iPad mini Retina should start at $329 and the iPad 5 should start at $429. That would be awesome.
That would be awesome.
post #24 of 44
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
I would have said similar, but the bezel isn't as narrow as the mini, and the overall device will likely be quite a bit lighter, so don't pre-judge until you have held it.

 

Yeah, you're right about that. I can hold my iPad in one hand from behind, but I'd describe it as "painful". I can hold the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-gen iPads in one hand from behind, but I'd describe it only as "doable", and I have fairly large hands. 

 

Can't see why I'd want to hold a full-size iPad from behind for actual use, but maybe a smaller bezel will force people to do that, given that it's no longer wide enough for…I'm getting ahead of myself make it meaningful.


Originally Posted by NeilM View Post
Because, of course, the iPad Mini is so unusable. 

 

Please tell me this was humor and not a representation of your belief that the two devices are in any way similar in this regard.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #25 of 44
The current gen iPad is great. Its biggest flaw is weight. Looks like that will get improved on!
post #26 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

 

Because, of course, the iPad Mini is so unusable. 

 

Yeah, the mini is the most popular and most useable iPad Apple currently makes.  

 

TallestSkil has a few small issues wherein his opinion is completely at odds with the general population, and is yet repeatedly put forward as if it were a plain fact that everyone must agree with.  

 

The iPad mini, it's size, and it's utility is definitely one of those issues. 

post #27 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsch View Post

The current gen iPad is great. Its biggest flaw is weight. Looks like that will get improved on!

There looks to be many areas in which they can reduce weight, which includes power consumption will will allow the battery (and other components) to shrink. I am expecting it to be less than the iPad 2 in weight.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #28 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

 

Yeah, the mini is the most popular and most useable iPad Apple currently makes.  

 

TallestSkil has a few small issues wherein his opinion is completely at odds with the general population, and is yet repeatedly put forward as if it were a plain fact that everyone must agree with.  

 

The iPad mini, it's size, and it's utility is definitely one of those issues. 

TS' nightmare : The NEW iPad with the following specs:

  • Smaller than the present iPad.
  • Named 'iPad 10' (or any number other than the one TS deems correct). 

I am not sure he'd be able to get past it.

1wink.gif

post #29 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


I would have said similar, but the bezel isn't as narrow as the mini, and the overall device will likely be quite a bit lighter, so don't pre-judge until you have held it. Just my opinion.

I'm thinking the same... IF this is a true rumor pic.

 

Not only lighter, but narrower... which also increases the 'mechanical advantage' (center of mass is 'closer' to the edges, therefore requiring less force to keep it from 'pivoting' (Lever physics).

 

So, lighter or smaller dimensions will make it easier to hold... And, if they add frictional grippiness, even less 'squeeze' will be necessary.

 

Assuming the glass is remains the same weight per mm^2, trimming a couple mm's from either side will reduce both the weight and fulcrum length, thereby reducing the effort needed to hold.  So it remains if the battery storage efficiencies improve by a few percent as well, further reducing weight and the need for more cubic space,  the fulcrum point moves closer to the edge for the same effort as the older, larger designs.  (especially if they improve 'grippiness' as well).

post #30 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I am not sure he'd be able to get past it.

1wink.gif

Passed 1wink.gif

 

With a more narrow bezel it will come with a better way to ignore thumbs that creep onto the screen when holding it normally.

post #31 of 44
Originally Posted by paxman View Post
TS' nightmare : The NEW iPad with the following specs:
  • Smaller than the present iPad.
  • Named 'iPad 10' (or any number other than the one TS deems correct). 

 

I don't have a problem with dropping names for the iPad and just going to sizes being advertised. You don't see the "MacBook Pro Mini" do you? Or the "MacBook Air Mini"?

 

I have a problem with calling it the iPad 10" if it were, say, 8", though. lol.gif


Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
With a more narrow bezel it will come with a better way to ignore thumbs that creep onto the screen when holding it normally.

 

See, with the same bezel, they don't need to waste their time removing functionality from the screen. That bothers me.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

But pre-judging is what he does best!

 

(and pre-judging is what we are all doing here on this rumor site)

 

We are pre-judjing what looks legit in this case.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Can't see why I'd want to hold a full-size iPad from behind for actual use...

 

Narrow side bezels also reduce weight. In fact, I'd go as far to say that this is the reason for them. So holding with two hands will be easier, and balancing on your chest in bed will be easier. I do this often and after an hour it'd be nice if it was just a touch less heavy.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsch View Post

The current gen iPad is great. Its biggest flaw is weight. Looks like that will get improved on!

 

I fully agree with this.

 

Its second biggest flaw are its speakers. I would like MUCH better audio, and at least 50% louder.

 

This is what Apple need to work on. Weight and audio. Everything else is very good. And like I say, my iPad 4 is the best product I've even owned. So if both these issues were solved I'd be very interested in upgrading.

 

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE iPADS OF 2020 ARE LIKE!

 

Imagine for a moment the iPad 10. Or the iPad 20.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


There looks to be many areas in which they can reduce weight, which includes power consumption will will allow the battery (and other components) to shrink. I am expecting it to be less than the iPad 2 in weight.

 

I should hope it's less than 601 grams. That's almost double the weight of iPad mini. In fact I'd be shocked if it weighed above 580 grams.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #36 of 44
Thats so ausum.. For which i was waiting so far...the narrow side bezel at the sides with that all around chamfered diamond cutting in ipad mini. If the same has been incorporated into the big one it wud a perfectly perfect product not only from inside but also from outside....😊
post #37 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

 

I should hope it's less than 601 grams. That's almost double the weight of iPad mini. In fact I'd be shocked if it weighed above 580 grams.

The weight is what I've been waiting for: I liked my "new" iPad and then I got my hands on the iPhone 5.......

post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wonderful; now it's unusable.

 

I honestly have no idea if these posts from you are comical self-parody, or involve any type of seriousness. I like to believe it's the former so I can convince myself you have a modicum of sanity. But there's also a very good chance that I'm being too optimistic. 

post #39 of 44
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post
I honestly have no idea if these posts from you are comical self-parody, or involve any type of seriousness. I like to believe it's the former so I can convince myself you have a modicum of sanity. But there's also a very good chance that I'm being too optimistic. 

 

Again, in the argument between having an area to actually hold the device and forcing developers to ignore arbitrary amounts of the screen, I'll stick with having an area to actually hold the device, thanks.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

The weight is what I've been waiting for: I liked my "new" iPad and then I got my hands on the iPhone 5.......

Going to the iPhone 5 from the 4 I could instantly tell it was thinner but I can't say I noticed the weight difference. However, when going back to the iPhone 4 (for development purposes) it's just amazing how much thicker and heavier it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Again, in the argument between having an area to actually hold the device and forcing developers to ignore arbitrary amounts of the screen, I'll stick with having an area to actually hold the device, thanks.

There are some factors to consider. The weight with the size affects how much pressure you need to hold to the device with one hand. With the iPad mini the size and weight are low enough that it's quite comfortable without having your thumb affecting the usability. I think it will be same will happen with this new iPad as I trust Apple to create multiple models to make sure the UX doesn't suffer.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design