or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design

Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytseman3 View Post

I was hoping they would switch to a curved crt display and add a rs232 port. BUT, i'm sure they know what they are doing. This will probably be the model I finally break down and buy. I'm still using a PowerMac G5 and am torn between a new Mac or iPad. Leaning toward iPad since we only use the Mac for web browsing 99% of the time.

You're going to feel like someone handed you a product from the far distant future compared to your old G5. The only downside is you won't be able to sync your Mac to the iPad through the iCloud since the G5 is so old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDO2000 View Post

I bought a 4th gen when it came out and couldn't be happier. I use it every day betweeen gaming, reading, and designing I can't get enough of it. I will be trading my 4th gen in for the 5 on day one 1smile.gif. I'm looking forward to the new one shedding some weight.

Yeah, shedding some weight and some width and some thickness. Who knows it might even spout a new main chip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonshf View Post

I notice the the side bezel is still wider than on the mini (judging by the home button size) which is probably good because you won't quite be able to hold the bigger iPad in the same way. More thumb room is needed.

My question is what is a "shallow rounded corner"?

I expect the narrower bezel will also mean it will have the accidental edge touch software of the mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieswall View Post

front speakers, please...

I'll get right on drilling hundreds of little holes in the front glass.  /s

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

But pre-judging is what he does best!

(and pre-judging is what we are all doing here on this rumor site)

RUMOR site??? I thought these were all facts! This is the internet, for gawd's sake!

post #43 of 44
Am I the only one who thinks that is just an Ipad Mini screen???.. I held up my ipad mini and my fingers and hands looked similar to theirs, size and all... I don't think that is a new ipad screen.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidslaton View Post

Am I the only one who thinks that is just an Ipad Mini screen???.. I held up my ipad mini and my fingers and hands looked similar to theirs, size and all... I don't think that is a new ipad screen.

That was my first thought but then I remembered that I just barely wrap my fingers around the iPad mini casing and my hand matches pretty well to the pic when I place it flat on my iPad 3 display.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Photos of purported 5th-gen iPad cover glass surface, show iPad mini inspired design