or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung

Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung - Page 2

post #41 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

Totally agree.  The other guy said no analyst had EVER been right on Apple.  I just named one to prove how silly a statement like that is.

I said analysts. As in plural.  The collective whole.  The thing Mr. Market listens to. The consensus.

BTW: Is there a way to fix the POS editor for the comments and get the "right-click" back? WHy do I want a "paste" as the only option when I right click on a mis-spelled word?

post #42 of 105
Quote:

You are clueless.  You think the value of Apple the business is 381 billion?  No - that includes the cash they have.  So you net the cash off to determine 'value' of the underlying business.  Do that for Apple and IBM (plus net debt for IBM, Apple has no debt so its jsut take cash off mkt cap) and you will see that the underlying business....the people, the patents, the manufacturing, plants etc are valued higher at IBM than Apple than today.

That is a fact.

Exactly. that's the perception of most shareholders and analysts. I mean, look at the P/E!

And as the last 15 years have shown, almost every single one of them is stupid and clueless and simply wrong. And because of that, there's a 99,99999% chance that you are stupid and clueless too.

I'm not offending, just using Mathematics. It's logic.

post #43 of 105

jdnc123 this is appleinsider not samsung liar...move on with bs.

post #44 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

I explained before.

etc. etc. etc.

Apple lost nothing. Smart Shareholders lost nothing.

Like a man that knew about this subject once said, you only lose when you sell.

So, in your opinion, the smart shareholders are the ones who didn't buy over, say, $450?

Just so you know... at some point in a person's life, they do sell. If you happened to have bought at even $410 and you had to sell at this point... guess what.... you'd lose.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #45 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcasey View Post

there are def people on here doing PR for samsung and possible even google.

I doubt it.  I've been online for decades, been a forum sysop, and have seen real trolls and astroturfers.  There's nothing like that here.

First off, why would anyone care about this forum?  It's got a bad rep on the 'net as being full of insulting zealots.   Nobody can change the mind of a fanatic, so why waste time or money trying?

Secondly, a inside campaign like that would use lots of usernames to make their comments look like some kind of widely popular thought.  Instead, all we see around here is the same old group of people debating every time, with an occasional newcomer.

Finally, if you notice, there's no group of users bringing up Samsung or Google on their own.  What you do see, is the website itself constantly creating click bait headline threads to keep people online, with a few mods stirring up the pot now and again.

Tin foil hats are unnecessary.  It's just the usual ad supported site methodology.

post #46 of 105
Quote:

Well a number of them have said sales are slowing, that Apple can't deliver new products due to execution, pre-production issues, etc.

You will sound very silly if Tim confirms that they were all correct.

What is correct?

post #47 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

So, in your opinion, the smart shareholders are the ones who didn't buy over, say, $450?

Just so you know... at some point in a person's life, they do sell. If you happened to have bought at even $410 and you had to sell at this point... guess what.... you'd lose.

So, in my opinion, smart shareholders are waiting for the shit storm to pass and haven't sold their stock, and haven't bought more when they realize how much Apple stock is far from the company performance.

It's stupid to invest in Apple stock now, when Apple's performance has 0 impact on it. P/E of what?

post #48 of 105

Told you they'd all show themselves.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

post #49 of 105
Quote:

So, in my opinion, smart shareholders are waiting for the shit storm to pass and haven't sold their stock, and haven't bought more when they realize how much Apple stock is far from the company performance.

It's stupid to invest in Apple stock now, when Apple's performance has 0 impact on it. P/E of what?

Oh, I see, you're waiting for the "shit storm" to pass.

Do you have a timeline of how long you will wait for the "shit storm" to pass? Or is this an infinite wait?

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #50 of 105
You're writing proved you miss the big picture. Wall Street cares about Apple but Apple doesn't care about Wall Street. I've got 35k tied up in Apple stock and yet I love it because nothing has changed. Apple is and will continue to be wildly profitable. The only slowdown is the industry while they wait to see what Apple does next. You see, smartphones and tablets have almost run their course but no one would dare make the next move until Apple telegraphs their next move. So While Samsung would seem to be in the best financial position ever they are actually in the worst because they have to wait to see what Apple does so they know what to do with their cash.

See how easy it is to spin speculation to make it fit the current market?
post #51 of 105
All I ask is Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, articulates a strategy.  Any strategy.

He has. That you choose not to accept it is YOUR fault and YOUR problem.

Funny that you'd reply directly to a post talking about PAID SHILLS.

post #52 of 105
Quote:

Oh, I see, you're waiting for the "shit storm" to pass.

Do you have a timeline of how long you will wait for the "shit storm" to pass? Or is this an infinite wait?

Well, the shit storm is based on FUD.

So we have only a few options:

- Apple releases a new product category that proves successful, and the FUD stops (for a limited period of time), P/E skyrockets.

- Apple does not release a new product category that proves successful, and their stock (that can only go so low) will become like Microsoft.

Eventually, no matter how much time from now, Apple will fail at new categories (obviously) and the FUD will be there for a few years until people get sick of it.

But the truth, from a rational point of view:

Apple will be making billions and billions for quarter after quarter, decades after decades.

If the next big thing is making a planet from plastic, Apple has so much resources and mastery of supply chain (like NO ONE ELSE) and can also turn on their Xenon printers and have a brand new planet ready for today.

There's no other company (no matter the sector) in that position.

Heck, if they sell 0 iPhones they are still the most powerful tech company by a large margin. The sole drivers of innovation since 98.

post #53 of 105
Quote:

Well, the shit storm is based on FUD.

So we have only a few options:

- Apple releases a new product category that proves successful, and the FUD stops (for a limited period of time), P/E skyrockets.

- Apple does not release a new product category that proves successful, and their stock (that can only go so low) will become like Microsoft.

Eventually, no matter how much time from now, Apple will fail at new categories (obviously) and the FUD will be there for a few years until people get sick of it.

But the truth, from a rational point of view:

Apple will be making billions and billions for quarter after quarter, decades after decades.

If the next big thing is making a planet from plastic, Apple has so much resources and mastery of supply chain (like NO ONE ELSE) and can also turn on their Xenon printers and have a brand new planet ready for today.

There's no other company (no matter the sector) in that position.

Heck, if they sell 0 iPhones they are still the most powerful tech company by a large margin. The sole drivers of innovation since 98.

So, this is an infinite wait.

Okay, got it.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #54 of 105
Quote:

So, this is an infinite wait.

Okay, got it.

No, it's an infinite Gamble.

Are you jdnc123?

Why the hell did he stop answering my posts when you started posting? Because you are busy changing accounts?

In fact your "pause" happened when he wrote that wall of text, or copy & paste it, but was busy searching.

post #55 of 105

The more that block the trolls, the less likely they are to stay around. To answer them is to support their sounding board. Thankfully, AI has the blocking feature. Eventually, even responders get blocked, and for the most part, that is a shame. It's the only way to keep a site relevant.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

post #56 of 105
Quote:

I get it, the don't care, they just want to focus on products.  Well, they can't seem to get products out any longer and sales are slowing dramatically.  

Tim Cook will go down in history as one of the worst CEOs the world has ever seen.  mark it down.

I don't know if you recall but Tim Cook also said they are doubling down on leaks. It may appear that they have their heads in the sand doing nothing, but we just haven't seen any leaks. Maybe Mr. Cook is doing a pretty good job at keeping his word there? That alone is an amazing feat I applaud any CEO to accomplish.
post #57 of 105
Quote:

No, it's an infinite Gamble.

Are you jdnc123?

Why the hell did he stop answering my posts when you started posting? Because you are busy changing accounts?

In fact your "pause" happened when he wrote that wall of test, or copy & paste it, but was busy searching.

Okay... so now you are saying that buying AAPL is a gamble?

Hmmmm....

jdnc? LOL. You two are cut from the same cloth. Just opposite sides of the coin. [actually, let me amend that... I would trust jdnc's opinion more than I would trust yours]

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #58 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Told you they'd all show themselves.

Yep. Not only that, his post right above you shows that he is part of a group churning out pre-fabbed negative "analysis."

There is simply no way he is writing that stuff on the fly. These guys are so transparently hamfisted it's comical.
post #59 of 105
Quote:

Hmmmm....

jdnc? LOL. You two are cut from the same cloth. Just opposite sides of the coin.

Of course it is a Gamble. It isn't based on the company performance or strategy.

It is easy to manipulate.

It's a gamble.

post #60 of 105
Quote:

Hmmmm....

jdnc? LOL. You two are cut from the same cloth. Just opposite sides of the coin.

Hey, leave him alone with the language nitpicking. You know damn well English is his second language.

Edit: He gives you a better answer than I did.
post #61 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Hey, leave him alone with the language nitpicking. You know damn well English is his second language.

????

Of course I know that but his grasp of the language seems at least as capable as yours. His answers are proof of that.

So hit the trail, pal.

[actually, I think you just insulted Pedro]

Edited by island hermit - 4/17/13 at 9:19am
na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #62 of 105
Quote:

Of course it is a Gamble. It isn't based on the company performance or strategy.

It is easy to manipulate.

It's a gamble.

So was this manipulation going on when the stock price was going north... or just when it is going south?

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #63 of 105
Quote:

Samsung wants to kill Taiwan, but they'd have to get in bed with China to do that, and Korea and China aren't really the best of friends… 

Does Samsung hate Apple that much? 😜

Suggesting things are that personal seems silly to me.

Quote:

This company has lost $300 billion in value and you see no problem with it.  I do. Nothing like this has ever happened before in the history of financial markets and I challenge you to tell me one time it has.  Tim Cook will go down in history as one of the worst CEOs the world has ever seen.  mark it down.

You don't see any of that as market correction given that they didn't stay at $700 for very long? I suspect their management team was expecting some kind of drop given how many articles came out late last year regarding several of them selling off large percentages of their holdings.

post #64 of 105
Quote:

Umm, I didn't write that and never said I did.  Logic would have said the link to the story that was provided meant I made no effort to claim I wrote it.

Like it or not, that is the view of Apple at the moment.  I just passed it along, made no claim I wrote it.

About to drop below $400, over $125 billion in value lost by Tim this year alone.  In less than 4 months.  Worst.  CEO.  In history.

Yeah I missed that detail. Something about holding my nose when reading your posts makes it hard to read sometimes.
post #65 of 105
Quote:

Hmmmm....

Stock market is and always will be a gamble. If you don't want to risk, there always is a saving account.

post #66 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcasey View Post
the only crisis is engineered by samsung paid bloggers....you would think apple was losing billions and lay off staff..

So, do you really think Apple has fall from 700$ to 400$ because of the... samsung paid bloggers? Oh boy! 1biggrin.gif

post #67 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Stock market is and always will be a gamble. If you don't want to risk, there always is a saving account.

You missed my point. It originally sounded like Pedro was saying that AAPL was a sure thing... still sounds that way for that matter.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #68 of 105
Quote:

You missed my point. It originally sounded like Pedro was saying that AAPL was a sure thing.

Ahh... I now see.

post #69 of 105

Worst.  CEO.  In history.

Blatant lies, but again, "believe what you want to believe". 

I'd better hear you break into the shareholder meeting and have it delayed ten minutes as they drag you out, screaming "TIM COOK DEAD TIM COOK DEAD". I want to hear that someone tried to physically assault Cook and put him out of commission.

Otherwise all your whining is meaningless. If things were as bad as you're whining about, you'd care more than posting semi-truths on websites.

post #70 of 105
Quote:

- You are clueless, stupid, arrogant and classless. Or you are a paid shill and reasonably competent at your job.

That has to be worth at least a warning from the mods.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #71 of 105
Quote:

So was this manipulation going on when the stock price was going north... or just when it is going south?

Well, the imac came and the FUD was smaller = Stock goes up.

Years go by ----- FUD rises ----- Stock goes down.

Doom is close.

The iPod came and the FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

A few models of the ipod and FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

The iphone came and the FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

The iPad came and the FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

Look, I'm only 22, I'm studying Mechanical Engineering at the best Faculty of my country and I'm learning code by myself. I also have enough talent to be seem as a very smart man.

However, I'm no Sheldon Cooper. My family is poor, I have no Phd, I still haven't saw much of the world, and I understand 0 about french.

Having said that, (and quoting Al Gore (his doc about global warming) when he quoted a friend):

"Don't they fit?"

post #72 of 105
Quote:

Everything I've said here, I've said to Apple IR and to Tim Cook himself (if he reads my emails).  So when he gets kicked to the curb in a year as I predict with hundreds of billions of value lost for shareholders since he took over, you think he'll be remembered in a good light historically?

As I've said before:

1. We have to give Cook a break until at least fiscal 1st quarter 2014. Results in January 2014.

2. Even if the results are shitty for that quarter, what will be worse for Apple, carrying on with Cook or actually firing him?

3. Who is there that can fill that job any better than Cook?

It's a quandary.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #73 of 105
So when he gets kicked to the curb in a year as I predict…

Funny how that works, because they were predicting the same a year ago. And it didn't happen.

…you think he'll be remembered in a good light historically?

The best COO of all time, who ran the company off and on since 2004 while Steve was debilitated and who kept Apple growing beyond Steve's death? 

Yeah, I figure he will.

post #74 of 105
Quote:

That has to be worth at least a warning from the mods.

Why jdnc123?

Calling rock a rock isn't worth a warning. Or is it? It was justified. There's nothing we can do about it. It's a pity.

post #75 of 105
Quote:

Well, the imac came and the FUD was smaller = Stock goes up.

Doom is close.

The iPod came and the FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

A few models of the ipod and FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

The iphone came and the FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

The iPad came and the FUD was smaller = stock goes up.

Doom is close.

Look, I'm only 22, I'm studying Mechanical Engineering at the best Faculty of my country and I'm learning code by myself. I also have enough talent to be seem as a very smart man.

However, I'm no Sheldon Cooper. My family is poor, I have no Phd, I still haven't saw much of the world, and I understand 0 about french.

Having said that, (and quoting Al Gore (his doc about global warming) when he quoted a friend):

"Don't they fit?"

Hmmm... sounds to me from everything you've written, that AAPL has been acting exactly like every other stock in the markets... up down up down up down.

Just saying...

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #76 of 105
Are there any constructive comments from this guy?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #77 of 105
Quote:

Why jdnc123?

Calling rock a rock isn't worth a warning. Or is it? It was justified. There's nothing we can do about it. It's a pity.

So I can call anyone on this board "stupid" and  "clueless" and not have to worry about it?

Really?

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #78 of 105
Quote:

Funny how that works, because they were predicting the same a year ago. And it didn't happen.

The best COO of all time, who ran the company off and on since 2004 while Steve was debilitated and who kept Apple growing beyond Steve's death? 

Yeah, I figure he will.

If you are mocking someone's predictions you have to find a way to put "Eric Schmidt" in there. There's no excuse if you don't.

post #79 of 105
Quote:

Makes many of the points I have made....

To be sure, much of the pessimism around Apple is justified. The case against the company is very easy to make right now:

• The company's growth has vanished: Earnings are expected to shrink this year.

Again, read the link I posted:

http://www.asymco.com/2011/12/16/on-being-reasonable/

You go from saying the consensus is reasonable when it has been shown it is not year after year after year after year. It makes your entire premise mostly worthless and typical of group think with no thought.

And quoting BI, a web site run by a guy banned from the securities industry to prison for fraud. Rich.

post #80 of 105
Quote:

Sure, part of the drop is it was overvalued. 

With a P/E of 15 and a PE/G of .4 you call that "over-valued"? What do you call Amazon and Google? You keep saying Apple's revenue growth has stopped but there is 0 evidence of that at this point. In short, you keep lying (or acting like a parrot to internet meme's). We will, of course, know more in about a week on how this quarter has done.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung