or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung

Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung - Page 3

post #81 of 105
Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

Steve gonna roll over in his grave when Samsung passes Apple in value in the not too distant future at this rate.

Ashes can roll?

COME. OFF. IT.

And didn't you just agree that Steve didn't care about the value of the company? So please, just shut up. You care about something that no one at the company who matters does. Maybe deal with that in your own terms and quit lying.

post #82 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

So I can call anyone on this board "stupid" and  "clueless" and not have to worry about it?

Really?

Of course not. Who did that? Only someone without taste and the knowledge of the rules of society would do that.

But calling rock to a rock? That's worth a cookie, at least.

Quote:

Hmmm... sounds to me from everything you've written, that AAPL has been acting exactly like every other stock in the markets... up down up down up down.

Just saying...

Microsoft on the same period?

Cisco?

IBM?

Google? 

Samsung?

HP

Dell

APPLE

Now, you can analyze the data (don't forget about those scales!), especially Apple's graph where you can clearly see the overall tendency to go up and the strategic drops after 98,

You can also see how some stocks are "flat" (Microsoft, Cisco), others gradually going down and others that have no correlation between their drops and products from that company.

Then, go home and sleep.

post #83 of 105

Ooops! AAPL 398$

post #84 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Then, go home and sleep.

AAPL at $398.

Sleep on that.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #85 of 105
Quote:

AAPL at $398.

Sleep on that.

Why?

you are bad at trolling.

No matter how many accounts you and others like you use, you were proven wrong. And that's it?

post #86 of 105
Quote:

If you are mocking someone's predictions you have to find a way to put "Eric Schmidt" in there. There's no excuse if you don't.
Ooh ooh, can I play?

- Developers will switch from favoring iOS to Android in 6 months since developers follow market share, and Android has more market share. Dec 2011.
- By summer 2012 you'll see the majority of new TV's coming with Google TV. Dec 2011.

Feel free to add your favs...
post #87 of 105
Quote:

Why?

you are bad at trolling.

No matter how many accounts you and others like you use, you were proven wrong. And that's it?

LOL!

I know, Pedro. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is trolling.

As mentioned... you and jdnc (or whatever) are cut from the same cloth... just opposite sides of the coin.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #88 of 105
Quote:

Sure, part of the drop is it was overvalued.

I was just pointing out that they were peak data points. In the past it has always corrected somewhat after a sharp rise, although obviously this was more than correction. A number of institutional investors would have needed to dump their stakes to drive it down that much.

Quote:

The rest is an indictment of management and the current strategy. 

Ironically Jobs seemed somewhat hostile toward shareholders. I would say a portion of this is also uncertainty.The stock was at a high point. If they didn't feel confident regarding whatever measure of acceleration, many of these companies may have taken whatever profits by reducing their stakes.

Quote:

People don't and really many can't invest in a company that won't tell them what they plan to do strategy-wise.  How do you as an analyst go to a PM and say 'well, the stock performed well under Steve Jobs, but nobody knows what Tim Cook wants to do strategy-wise, but i'll make a leap of faith.'  That is the harsh reality.  People want to know the strategy and Tim is still operating like he's Steve Jobs.  He isn't.  Articulate a plan.  Tell us if you can grow earnings.  Saying we want to make the best products doesn't cut it with the stock market if those products aren't selling as good or the margins are being slashed.  Listen, I'm sure the guys making Beta though they had a great product also.  Just making a great product isn't always a great strategy.

Well this board seems to typically disregard analysts unless they set extremely high price targets without saying much else. My own irritation there would be that many of the cited articles on here do not provide further reasoning or any basis on how these guys reached their conclusions. These guys may have been more favorable toward Jobs due to his record over the past few years.

Quote:

This has to be a nightmare for employees.

I would agree with that.

I forgot to add their stock price has frequently fallen right before they announce earnings. That also happened under Jobs. It also often rose sharply right after then almost immediately corrected.

Edited by hmm - 4/17/13 at 10:33am
post #89 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Ooh ooh, can I play?

- Developers will switch from favoring iOS to Android in 6 months since developers follow market share, and Android has more market share. Dec 2011.
- By summer 2012 you'll see the majority of new TV's coming with Google TV. Dec 2011.

- Apple didn't aprove _____________ app. - google never submitted such app.

- Everybody will be on the internet in 7 years - despite hunger, wars, crisis, etc.

- google is wining just like Microsoft did - despite Microsoft nothing, and google's android is losing on every rational metric possible.

It's your turn again.

post #90 of 105
Quote:

LOL!

I know, Pedro. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is trolling.

As mentioned... you and jdnc (or whatever) are cut from the same cloth... just opposite sides of the coin.

This wasn't about agreeing or not. The data was there, the numbers were there, logic was there.

You (no matter what account) were just being retarded. That's not having a different opinion.

Have a nice day.

post #91 of 105
Quote:

This wasn't about agreeing or not. The data was there, the numbers were there, logic was there.

You (no matter what account) were just being retarded. That's not having a different opinion.

Have a nice day.

Yes... your data showed me exactly what I said... stocks go up and down and up and down and up and down.... lol

By the way... you made an error.  The numbers "used" to be there.

Please, keep believing that I have more than one account... I like it that way.

"retarded"... hell, I have a list of infractions for less than that. Mods?

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #92 of 105
Quote:

What do you believe.  Its just mean speculators and hedge funds being mean and they aren't smart enough like you to grasp how infallible Apple is?

I love the products.  I hate how this current management team has destroyed any reason to invest in this company.  It is sad and pathetic how they are running the company from an investment perspective.  I get it, the don't care, they just want to focus on products.  Well, they can't seem to get products out any longer and sales are slowing dramatically.  

This company has lost $300 billion in value and you see no problem with it.  I do. Nothing like this has ever happened before in the history of financial markets and I challenge you to tell me one time it has.  Tim Cook will go down in history as one of the worst CEOs the world has ever seen.  mark it down.

Market capitalization is no indicator of how well a company is doing. It just indicates the temperament of a crowd of people (some times a hostile crowd when the financial institutions are involved). A loss of $300 billion in market capitalization is meaningless in Apple's case. All it show is that the price AAPL has gone down. Nothing else. Don't sweat it.

The current management is doing a superb job. They are running based on satisfying the consumer. Not to satisfy your 'investment perspective'. Its the products that made the company not the investment community. In fact Apple has made a lot of investors rich. So please.... Just stop.

post #93 of 105
Quote:

You are clueless.  You think the value of Apple the business is 381 billion?  No - that includes the cash they have.  So you net the cash off to determine 'value' of the underlying business.  Do that for Apple and IBM (plus net debt for IBM, Apple has no debt so its jsut take cash off mkt cap) and you will see that the underlying business....the people, the patents, the manufacturing, plants etc are valued higher at IBM than Apple than today.

That is a fact.

So banks and other financial institutions are worthless because they hold a lot of cash?

What drugs are you on?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #94 of 105
Jap companies did the same... Japan's top 5 companies gathered together to try to put-down Samsung. I wonder what makes these taiwan companies think they could pull it if top jap companies couldn't do it.
post #95 of 105
So the main point of the AI and AP stories are that Samsung is playing dirty in Taiwan,

Many of us here are convinced they are playing dirty here and elsewhere on the Net by paying trolls to spread FUD about Apple. So by this reasoning, jdnc 123 is a new kind of Samsung troll, focusing only on Apples's declining market value.

It's not beyond my paranoid imagination that Samsung is funding a more widespread FUD campaing to tank Apple's market vakue. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. A Blodgett here, a WSJ blogger there, and you have the current situation.

It makes more sense than thinking "the Market" is as stupid as it seems to be right now.
post #96 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Ooh ooh, can I play?

Google Play quarterly revenue will match or exceed the AppStore within 12 months? 1hmm.gif

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #97 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zain Khan View Post

Market capitalization is no indicator of how well a company is doing. It just indicates the temperament of a crowd of people (some times a hostile crowd when the financial institutions are involved). A loss of $300 billion in market capitalization is meaningless in Apple's case. All it show is that the price AAPL has gone down. Nothing else. Don't sweat it.

The current management is doing a superb job. They are running based on satisfying the consumer. Not to satisfy your 'investment perspective'. Its the products that made the company not the investment community. In fact Apple has made a lot of investors rich. So please.... Just stop.

Hey, someone else making some sense!
post #98 of 105
Quote:

SJ is dead.  How about we all move on and talk about Tim Cook who is running the company now.  Should Tim Cook not care about the stock price and do everything SJ did.  That must be a fun existence in life to not be your own man (by the way Steve told him to do exactly that and not care what he would have done).

CRUS announced they took a writeoff of inventory because of 'reduced demand for a high volume product.'  Given everyone knows that is Apple, not a good thing when they have to write off $20mm+ of inventory that they can't sell because the end product isn't selling.

The market doesn't need Tim Cook to tell us sales are weak, others already have if you are listening.

The stock price of many tech companies is totally out of line with what smart long-term value investors would value them at.  The price of Apple, Google and others were driven up by speculative investors chasing any kind of gains during the economic recession.  Adjustments were inevitable. Speculative investors will always chase the hot stocks in the news, and I am sure many of those hedge funds made some nice profits on Apple, but now they are chasing the next big thing because Apple's growth has slowed, but that hardly means that Apple is in trouble, or losing, or going out of business.  And speculative investors chasing quick returns are not always right - witness the Facebook IPO/stock debacle.

And Apple is not losing customers. The markets they pioneered with the iPhone and iPad now have a lot of copy cat competitors.  A lot more phones and tablets are being sold, so while Apple's unit sales are steady or growing, their market share may be smaller, but their profits are still excellent.

Apple's P/E is around 9 and they have over $100B in cash.   Google's P/E is around 24.   I know which one I would invest in.  I doubt you would understand because you just repeat nonsense reported on media websites that make their profits from selling ads.  They appreciate all your web hits.

post #99 of 105
Quote:

How about instead of attacking me, you tell me why Apple is a good investment these days.  What are they going to do to grow earnings?  I don't think they can due to strategic missteps.

Apple is a good trader's stock, not an investment.  pick up @ 400 and it'll be up 7% in a few weeks for sell.

post #100 of 105

It doesn't matter about Samsung and Taiwan's little tiffs with each other.  Apple is about getting competitive advantages and they can no longer get that with Samsung as they are Apple's major competitor (a.k.a. a conflict of interest within Samsung) in several product categories.  Apple has to give Samsung advanced knowledge of their future products so some of that is a concern and being worked-out in the courts.

post #101 of 105
Quote:

And how does that influence Apple (the company)? What does it change?

How does it change the fact that every single device made by Apple is the best and best seller on their respective categories and they are making 15 billion each quarter while others are losing money or making 0 profit?

How does it change the fact that besides all that, the number of sales is always growing yoy?

How does it change the fact that Apple is already investing so much on their future (data centers, more investments on companies, supply chain contracts, etc?)

How does it change the fact that Apple earns now 3 or 4 times more money per quarter than they did jan 2010?

These are all SJ legacy.  Stock is back down to when SJ was around.  Apple needs the next SJ.

post #102 of 105
Quote:

Oh, I see, you're waiting for the "shit storm" to pass.

Do you have a timeline of how long you will wait for the "shit storm" to pass? Or is this an infinite wait?

Wait for the K. war and apple will spike.

post #103 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Samsung wants to kill Taiwan, but they'd have to get in bed with China to do that, and Korea and China aren't really the best of friends… 

Does Samsung hate Apple that much? 😜

Samsung flatly denies they have a "kill taiwan" agenda. Stop spreading around false rumors.

They are gonna need any help they can get to even compete with Samsung. 

P.S. Haha, just as I predicted, AAPL is below $400 now. lol

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

post #104 of 105
Originally Posted by Galbi View Post
Samsung flatly denies they have a "kill taiwan" agenda. 

Weren't they caught?

Stop spreading around false rumors.

No. How about you direct that at the source?

And stop defending these imbeciles.

post #105 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Are there any people registered here on AI to defend this "Kill Taiwan" campaign? Coming from AP and not DigiTimes this looks like 'the truth'...

Well, if you read the AP article carefully, the "Kill Taiwan" rumor comes from a Taiwan's business magazine: 

"... Business Today, Taiwan's top business magazine, gave voice to those fears last month with an extensive cover story accusing Samsung Electronics of launching a 'Kill Taiwan' effort ..."

ok, I think this thread is now dead.  bye.

Edited by tooltalk - 4/18/13 at 9:25pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Taiwan's tech companies banding together with Apple to take on Samsung