or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › China porn app investigation targets Apple, others
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

China porn app investigation targets Apple, others - Page 2

post #41 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Off-topic, I know, but it saddens me that countries like China and the Soviet Union have been allowed to define what "communism" means when they are (or were, in the case of the USSR) as far from the concept as could be.  They're simply fascists.

/off-topic rant

Communism is bad because it's what we've been told over and over. Capitalism is the way to go but yet how many of us are actually capitalists?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #42 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Communism is bad because it's what we've been told over and over. Capitalism is the way to go but yet how many of us are actually capitalists?

 

Don't get me started.

 

Well, I guess *I* got me started, actually. :)

post #43 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


So how did people reproduce before there was porn?

before people were just normal rabbits...

after porn, they become nasty rabbits...

post #44 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

I don't know why you guys are knocking the Chinese and with the same breath praising Apple. Apple is basically a communist corporation.

Apple tells you what you can and can't download on your device.

 

It's funny you say that, not because I disagree with you, but that your statement supports Apple's defense against the Chinese government & media claims. The Chinese, who you're defending, demanded Apple put controls in place, which your post admits are already there. Oops?

post #45 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

I understand your point, but really, it's not like the Chinese have "played fair" in any of this.  It's not in their nature.

You REALLY need to learn to distinguish between a people and their government. Comments like yours sound racist. Is that your intention?
post #46 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What a ridiculous comparison. Are you for real?

Nobody is forcing anybody to purchase and use any Apple product. 

If somebody is unfortunate enough to be stuck or living in China, you don't have any choice and you can not refuse anything.

And Apple doesn't HAVE to be in China, they choose to be over there. So people need to quit complaining how the Chinese handle business and follow their rules.
post #47 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post


You REALLY need to learn to distinguish between a people and their government. Comments like yours sound racist. Is that your intention?

 

Racist?  Seriously?  Come on.

post #48 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktappe View Post

 

You miss the point. We're not saying the Chinese government isn't corrupt. We're saying it matters how you deal with it. Telling them to "get lost", Archie Bunker style, will not be productive in any way. Grow up a bit and see if there's a response that would actually lead to a functional resolution.

 

It doesn't matter what the corrupt lackey of the imperialist paper tiger says. Send at 8:30.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #49 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


So how did people reproduce before there was porn?

In China, before it became a nanny state under Mao, a rich Chinese would buy a pre-adolescent girl to rape. This would get his motor running so he could have regular sex with his foot-bound mistress. No dirty pictures needed.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #50 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

In China, before it became a nanny state under Mao, a rich Chinese would buy a pre-adolescent girl to rape. This would get his motor running so he could have regular sex with his foot-bound mistress. No dirty pictures needed.

1.  … where as Mao carefully limited himself to the pre-pubescent girl.

2.  The refusal to 'kowtow' has an honourable history.

 

Cheers

post #51 of 60

I lived in China before...their mentality is so different. I agree that this stuff is everywhere though.

'Vision is the ability to hear music in the future, belief is the ability to dance to it now"

Reply

'Vision is the ability to hear music in the future, belief is the ability to dance to it now"

Reply
post #52 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bonner View Post

 

Love trolling quotes like this.  Just because it is what you believe does not make it the truth for everyone.

 

I'd just like to point out that the truth is the truth for everyone, and belief or non-belief in it is irrelevant, it's still the one truth, not the truth for you and the truth for me, just simply the truth. The phrase, "does not make it the truth for everyone," is pernicious nonsense. By definition, the truth is the truth for everyone, whether they believe it or know it, or not.

post #53 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

I don't know why you guys are knocking the Chinese and with the same breath praising Apple. Apple is basically a communist corporation.

Apple tells you what you can and can't download on your device. It tells developers what they can and can't add to the app store. The only way to circumvent Apple's hold on your device is to jailbreak it (or for the Chinese, using a proxy) , which they make it difficult to do.

Now all of you obviously enjoy all these restrictions Apple puts on you, and enjoy Apple deciding what's good for you, so what's the problem with the Chinese being told what to watch and what to see on the Internet?

 

You just lost all credibility for all time. Not that you had much to begin with, but... poof! ... it's gone.

post #54 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Communism is bad because it's what we've been told over and over. Capitalism is the way to go but yet how many of us are actually capitalists?

 

The communists in China were purged years ago. There hasn't been a communist in the "Communist Party" since not long after Mao died. The current regime's politico-economic philosophy is, in terms of traditional labels, much closer to fascist capitalism (although, that doesn't capture it exactly) than communism or anything else.


Edited by anonymouse - 4/18/13 at 9:07am
post #55 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Off-topic, I know, but it saddens me that countries like China and the Soviet Union have been allowed to define what "communism" means when they are (or were, in the case of the USSR) as far from the concept as could be.  They're simply fascists.

/off-topic rant
Oh Jesus. Another "Communism hasn't worked because it hasn't been done right" argument. Gun. Mouth. Insert.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #56 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Communism is bad because it's what we've been told over and over. Capitalism is the way to go but yet how many of us are actually capitalists?

Wait...what? I've been away for a while, so I must say I'm taken aback at how misguided some of these comments are. First we had someone essentially stating that Communism doesn't work because it hasn't been done right, and that he's "mad" that the USSR and China get to define it. Then, we have you stating that Americans only think Communism s bad because "that's what we've been told ". Jesus.

Has it ever occurred to you that people don't like Communism because, uh, they've seen how evil and oppressive it is when actually practiced? I'm not talking about reading Marx here. I'm not talking about what you think Communism COULD or SHOULD be as you debate it in your political science class. I'm talking about what Communism actually IS and what its results are. It leads to poverty, backwardness, oppression, death, starvation and tyranny. We know that because we have this little thing called "history."
Edited by SDW2001 - 4/19/13 at 9:28am
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #57 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

So how did people reproduce before there was porn?

 

Oh, come on.

 

Do you really think God 'rested' on the seventh day?

 

There's always been porn!

Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
Reply
Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
Reply
post #58 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

There is actually porn in Asia but they do a really weird thing in that they add those pixellated filters over the parts.

 

You mean Asian people don't actually look like that with their clothes off?

1eek.gif

 

(Oh, and could you warn us before you link to this filth?)

 

Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
Reply
Pot is legal in North Korea.
That explains a considerable amount.

"The United States will respond proportionally at a place and time we choose..."
Reply
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post


Oh Jesus. Another "Communism hasn't worked because it hasn't been done right" argument. Gun. Mouth. Insert.

 

Communism is a concept that we can debate all day.  What we CAN'T debate is that the USSR and China have primarily defined what communism is, and they are as far from actual communism as could be.  Therefore, the fact is that our (meaning the general public) understanding of what communism is is very tilted.

 

Now, you can take that however you would like to.  But I don't see how it is even debatable.

post #60 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Communism is a concept that we can debate all day.  What we CAN'T debate is that the USSR and China have primarily defined what communism is, and they are as far from actual communism as could be.  Therefore, the fact is that our (meaning the general public) understanding of what communism is is very tilted.

Now, you can take that however you would like to.  But I don't see how it is even debatable.

Keep twisting yourself into a pretzel. People have been making that ridiculous argument for years. The fact is that no, we cannot debate what Communism is. We know what it is, because we've seen it. We know what it leads to. Any "debate" about what a Communism is or could be is utterly stupid and completely misguided. It's also purely academic. Period,
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › China porn app investigation targets Apple, others