or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Rumor: Apple halts Mac component orders, is less 'aggressive' looking forward
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rumor: Apple halts Mac component orders, is less 'aggressive' looking forward - Page 2

post #41 of 73
That sounds credible to me. I don't think it's just the economy, either. When looking at this issue of demand, I look at my own usage and buying plans as a starting point. Normally, I'd be planning to buy another MBP at this point (mine is 4 years old, 500GB, 4GB RAM, 2.6GHZ I believe). The machine is getting slow and requires a lot of disk and memory maintenance. However, I'm going to go at least another year with it unless it blows up. Why? Because I rarely use it. I went from a pretty heavy duty user (every day, video and audio editing, browsing, etc) to someone that uses his iPad for most daily tasks. My iPad Mini is more convenient for daily tasks and much more convenient for browising, social networking, etc. It's really replaced my laptop except for post-grad paperwork and serious video editing. I just can't justify dropping close to 2,500 on a new one. I suspect my situation is not atypical. Add to that the weak economy, and that explains it.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #42 of 73
What a BS article. There are absolutely NO CONCRETE NUMBERS ON ANYTHING.

This article should have NEVER seen the light of day.

What is WRONG with journalists these days? Bored? I would rather see a well written, well documented article that actually MEANS something, than 1000 worthless, meaningless articles.

This article wasted 20 seconds of my time reading it.
post #43 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

What is WRONG with journalists these days? Bored? I would rather see a well written, well documented article that actually MEANS something, than 1000 worthless, meaningless articles.

 

The problem is that page hits and ad impressions (which are the important metrics these days) are easier to come by by writing click-bait rumor articles that can be churned out ad infinitum than writing well-researched articles that take more time and effort to put out and aren't guaranteed to drive your metrics up as much.

post #44 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksodos View Post

 

People were saying this in the run up to the last earnings call too: analysts had it all wrong, rumours were wrong, the stock would soar once the earnings were announced. Instead it sunk from $500 to around $460 after earnings.

 

Pressed in large part by "fake" announcements and large-scale institutional profit-taking buy-in/sell-offs creating a 'volatile' stock where there should be a calm and high-value one. A lot of manipulation going on there.

 

The timing is pretty revealing. Again, "news" like this being "leaked" just before a quarterly report, pressing the stock down, and making it a better buy for the large cap investor. 

 

Apple might miss their guidance this quarter. They'll still have revenues something like 40 BILLION dollars and profits in the 30 percentile range (which should send ANY stock upwards), but it will be slightly below projections, due to a globally weak market (nothing at all to do with Apple's fundamentals, really). So it will go further down, which is ridiculous, but there it is. That occasion will play out as a fat opportunity for the big-cap buyers, who will take full advantage of the extreme undervaluation of this stock.

 

I hope Apple takes advantage of the underpriced shares and does a massive buy back. That would send the remaining shares sky high...

post #45 of 73

Tim Cook should just follow what Warren Buffet said:

 

You can’t run a business to push the stock price up on a daily basis. Berkshire has gone down 50% four times in its history. When that happens, if you’ve got money you buy it. You just keep working on building the value. I heard from people each time [Berkshire shares went down], saying why don’t you do this or that.

 

I'm sure his advice is far more valuable than the people who have never run a business that think they can school Apple and Tim Cook and how things should be done.

post #46 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

Not stressed, just hope employees, investors, etc see what I see and push him out the door.  This company going nowhere but down with him leading it. We are over $300 billion of value evaporated at this point in less than a year.  Its really an epic implosion.  Its like a train wreck.  What you are watching has never happened before, no CEO has every destroyed that much value, let alone in such short order.  Harvard Business Review case studies will be written about this. 


So how are all of you feeling about those more reliable prognosticators who kept saying Apple would reach $1000 per share?

 

Pump and dump is an old strategy. It is a demonstration of how greed and evil work in our freeish society. There should be a better measurement of how the world is doing than to listen to reports about how well the stock market is doing. I stopped believing anything the US government says about the economy or wars. It seems that the same type of people as the Wall Street crowd are running our government.

 

What is Apple's actual worth if it were to be liquidated tomorrow? It wouldn't be worth $400 per share that's for sure. The stock market doesn't seem to be about real value anymore. Why do people put their money into it when they know it is just about gambling on reputation and rumors. I suppose if you're the one in control of the rumor then you would have a clue where a stock would be going. Everybody else is just staking their money on the say so of an analyst who without a doubt has been proven wrong numerous times.

 

With all of this being said, is Tim Cook really responsible for the huge run up in the stock price and is he equally responsible for its drop? If the company is earning more and more profit then that is a clear indicator of his real value.

post #47 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post


So how are all of you feeling about those more reliable prognosticators who kept saying Apple would reach $1000 per share?

That's the funny part. Many of the same people who call out the people who make ridiculous statements about the direction and products that Apple should make as anal-ysts are the same people who were riding the wave created by many of the same anal-ysts who were claiming that Apple's stock was just going to keep growing forever and ever and forecasting ridiculous share prices. The greedy got slaughtered while the big boys made tons of dough. Any savvy investor would have been taking profits at every point that Apple's stock was growing. To not have done so is plainly stupid. It's not Tim Cook's fault when an investor makes stupid decisions.

post #48 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Marketshare: UP

Profit: UP

Cash: UP

Satisfaction: UP

Quality: UP

 

 

I have thoughts about the last two points.

 

Most reports of customer satisfaction showed Apple products leading the way, but some show satisfaction with services is actually declining.

 

 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/27/customers-say-apples-online-store-has-become-less-satisfying-to-shop

 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/02/02/quality_of_apples_industry_leading_tech_support_declines_in_2011

 

 

Of course, they're declining from "Beyond Measurement" to "Only Just Really, Really Good" but the point, for purposes of this discussion, is that the direction they're taking is not "up." I find that interesting because my experience is exactly the opposite. I'm slightly less satisfied with Apple products (specifically around screen size issues and non-standard storage), but happier than ever with the store and tech support.

 

 

 

As for the last point, I'm curious about how you measure "quality?" That's an area that is as subjective as objectively measurable, so it's interesting to know which factors matter to others.

 

What constitutes an increase in "quality?" Better build integrity? Improved specs? New features? Greater reliability? Is the "quality" measurement affected by designs that reduce yield rates and result in product shortages, or is even a high defect rate acceptable if weeding them out insures quality to the end user? How about shunning the economies of scale that come with industry standards for storage by using a unique form factor that improves performance but increases cost and reduces options for the user? Is that better or worse?

 

If you remove specs, I might be inclined to describe Apple's quality as "excellent before and still excellent with no really significant change" rather than "up" but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

post #49 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Another day of letting jdnc123's trolling jack up the forums. 1oyvey.gif

 

I understand your disagreement with his views, and share the opinion that her/his valuation methodology is... well, "inconsistent" with what others seem to prefer, but I don't understand how that's "trolling?"

 

Isn't "trolling" defined as posting things simply for the sake of provoking a reaction? Why do we automatically assume that everyone whose views differ from ours is a troll? Why can't we just accept that some people have different points of view? Isn't it possible that this person likes Apple products, but is pissed off because (s)he thinks Cook is killing the stock? Where else WOULD you express that view but on a forum expressly dedicated to Apple?

 

I also have trouble understanding why anyone who takes issue with anything Apple does must be a "hater." There are things I would change about my best friend if I could, but that doesn't mean I don't want him as a friend. Likewise, there are things I wish Apple would do differently, but that doesn't mean there aren't things about the company and its products that I *DO* like. It's possible to be "pro-Apple" without being a cultish worshipper.

post #50 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

Isn't "trolling" defined as posting things simply for the sake of provoking a reaction?

Yes.
Quote:
Why do we automatically assume that everyone whose views differ from ours is a troll?

Clearly I don't as I disagree with your assessment of him trolling and don't think you're a troll because of it.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #51 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

Not stressed, just hope employees, investors, etc see what I see and push him out the door.  This company going nowhere but down with him leading it. We are over $300 billion of value evaporated at this point in less than a year.  Its really an epic implosion.  Its like a train wreck.  What you are watching has never happened before, no CEO has every destroyed that much value, let alone in such short order.  Harvard Business Review case studies will be written about this. 

 

LOL. Bullshit.

 

First, the measure of a company isn't the market cap but what the hell it actually earns.  There's no implosion there.

 

Second, PetroChina's high water market cap in 2007 was 1 Trillion USD...twice that of Exxon Mobile.  But Exxon Mobile was a much larger company in terms of earnings and actual gas reserves.  Market cap cratered but it's still a huge company today.  It went from a high of $1T in Nov 2007 to $739B in Dec 2007 to $423B in Mar 2008 down to 259B by 4Q of 2008.  The crash certainly didn't help but it was hugely overvalued at $1T.  The current market valuation seems far more reasonable.

 

Apple's declines were partly due to pairs trading up, then down and then massive hedge fund selling.  Not anything Cook or Apple is or was doing.  

 

/shrug

 

Doesn't matter much if you're long.  Implosion is RIM and Nokia.  This is just market shenanigans.

post #52 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnc123 View Post

Not stressed, just hope employees, investors, etc see what I see and push him out the door.  This company going nowhere but down with him leading it. We are over $300 billion of value evaporated at this point in less than a year.  Its really an epic implosion.  Its like a train wreck.  What you are watching has never happened before, no CEO has every destroyed that much value, let alone in such short order.  Harvard Business Review case studies will be written about this. 

 

All of your posts sound exactly like this in my head now:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

post #53 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

I also have trouble understanding why anyone who takes issue with anything Apple does must be a "hater."

Nice strawman.  No one is labeling him as a "hater" or any such thing. Least of because he "takes issue with Apple". He is trolling, though.

post #54 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

I understand your disagreement with his views, and share the opinion that her/his valuation methodology is... well, "inconsistent" with what others seem to prefer, but I don't understand how that's "trolling?"

 

Isn't "trolling" defined as posting things simply for the sake of provoking a reaction? Why do we automatically assume that everyone whose views differ from ours is a troll? Why can't we just accept that some people have different points of view? Isn't it possible that this person likes Apple products, but is pissed off because (s)he thinks Cook is killing the stock? Where else WOULD you express that view but on a forum expressly dedicated to Apple?

 

I also have trouble understanding why anyone who takes issue with anything Apple does must be a "hater." There are things I would change about my best friend if I could, but that doesn't mean I don't want him as a friend. Likewise, there are things I wish Apple would do differently, but that doesn't mean there aren't things about the company and its products that I *DO* like. It's possible to be "pro-Apple" without being a cultish worshipper.

 

Because what he writes is factually incorrect, trollish and repeated ad nauseum...it's like Tim Cook ran over his dog or something or more likely he lost an asston on AAPL and wont admit to himself it was his fault.

 

How much did I lose on AAPL?  $0.  How much did I gain on AAPL?  $0.  Wont know until I cash out.  Don't need to cash out for 20 years.  Debated doing some profit taking when it was high but told myself don't try to time the market and left it be.  Win some, lose some but paper gains and paper losses are meaningless.

 

More like he's some weird version of Tekstud getting his jollies provoking people here.

post #55 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

 

Because what he writes is factually incorrect, trollish and repeated ad nauseum...it's like Tim Cook ran over his dog or something or more likely he lost an asston on AAPL and wont admit to himself it was his fault.

But it can't be his fault! Tim Cook is clearly the worst CEO of all time because Apple's "enterprise value" is lower than before he started!!! /s

 

Oh and v5v, the notion that "enterprise value" is the sole metric by which one can judge a company is absolutely silly. Yet, this is the only metric that jndc can produce in his anti-Tim Cook rants.  He brushes away the record revenues, he brushes away the record profit margins, he brushes away that market cap even after today is still higher than before he took over, he brushes away that even after today the stock price is higher than before he took over. He ignores the fact that it was Tim Cook running the business when it went up to its peak stock price, etc. He then ignores the fact that there have been numerous times under Steve Jobs that products were delayed (sometimes multiple times), products were rushed out before ready and Steve Jobs did apologize over, that there were a number of times when products faced supply constraints, etc. He hand waves it all away so he can claim that Tim Cook is the worst CEO ever imagined.

 

That is why he is a troll. Not simply because he "takes issue with Apple".

post #56 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Well I actually see an argument for a swing back in the direction of desktops: for the desktop. Mobile is largely satisfied with an iPad or iPad mini (outside content creation and that's a fraction of overall mobile use I'll warrant) so that eats into laptops and for the desk, why settle for a more exspensive, smaller and less powerful machine and screen?

 

There's always turnover as well as new users.


Yes.  And also for Apple, I have to believe that there's still some halo effect and acquired addiction to the Apple ecosystem (i.e. switchers).

 

Further... mobile devices have and will gain ground, but for homeowners and families (of this & one more generation), there will always be a need for a trusty desktop that does not have that stress-induced rechargeable battery in it...because who likes to leave a rechargeable battery plugged into the wall all the time? :-)

post #57 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

You seem pretty stressed out over Tim Cook.

People who show this much "concern" about Apple are really here to gloat/troll. If they were at all sincere about their concerns it wouldn't be expressed as lengthy posts full of false dilemmas on these forums, because that accomplishes absolutely nothing to reverse the doomage they profess concern over.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #58 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applelunatic View Post

Nice strawman.  No one is labeling him as a "hater" or any such thing. Least of because he "takes issue with Apple". He is trolling, though.

 

Sorry, I deviated there... I didn't mean to suggest that anyone was calling HIM a hater, I just sorta extended the train of thought to encompass the whole concept of what sometimes seems like beating down the naysayers around here. I should have kept it more about the point and less about the mental meandering...

 

Speaking of mental meandering... whoops, there I go again. Sorry!

post #59 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


People who show this much "concern" about Apple are really here to gloat/troll. If they were at all sincere about their concerns it wouldn't be expressed as lengthy posts full of false dilemmas on these forums, because that accomplishes absolutely nothing to reverse the doomage they profess concern over.

It's even more groan worthy when they trot out the "And I've been an Apple user since [insert old Apple machine model]".

post #60 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

People who show this much "concern" about Apple are really here to gloat/troll.

 

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if I agree. If I had a serious section of my net worth tied up in Apple stock, and I really believed Tim was responsible for me losing a third of it, I'd not only detail my concerns on every investor forum I could find, I'd stand on the rooftop and yell! I think it's possible to be both passionate and wrong without being a troll! :)

 

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

If they were at all sincere about their concerns it wouldn't be expressed as lengthy posts full of false dilemmas on these forums, because that accomplishes absolutely nothing to reverse the doomage they profess concern over.

 

I dunno, I actually kinda get it. Certain aspects of the direction Apple is taking in computer design really bug me. I feel frustrated because the only alternative is to use WIndows and I don't wanna do that. So where do I vent that frustration, on a BMW forum? No, I go to where there are people with the same core interest, in the hope of finding others with the same objections. Partly it's to feel validated, and, in my case at least, to encourage others to share their views with Apple. One guy bitching about the Pro did nothing, but THOUSANDS of people bitching got Apple's attention. This forum is a natural place to look for people who are willing to actually write to Apple instead of just quietly moaning to themselves.

 

On the other side, it's also a good place to discover that sometimes very few other people care about some issue that I thought was incredibly important. Knowing when it's time to shut up and accept something is just as valuable as knowing when there's enough support to warrant taking some kind of action, however futile it may be.

post #61 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

I dunno, I actually kinda get it. Certain aspects of the direction Apple is taking in computer design really bug me. I feel frustrated because the only alternative is to use WIndows and I don't wanna do that. So where do I vent that frustration, on a BMW forum?

 

Hackintosh forum.  Not my cup of tea...if I wanted to obsess over quirky drivers and random weirdness I could be running Linux.  For whatever reason Apple has turned a blind eye to this sort of thing.  Same with jailbreaking although that's gotten a little harder and impossible on the aTV3 to date.

post #62 of 73
Originally Posted by nht View Post
For whatever reason Apple has turned a blind eye to this sort of thing.


When it's a single person buying their own hardware and buying OS X, it's legal. When it's a company reselling computers made in this fashion, it's illegal.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

I get what you're saying, but I don't know if I agree. If I had a serious section of my net worth tied up in Apple stock, and I really believed Tim was responsible for me losing a third of it, I'd not only detail my concerns on every investor forum I could find, I'd stand on the rooftop and yell! I think it's possible to be both passionate and wrong without being a troll.

Were you around yesterday? Look as his post history. jdnc was on the job for FOURTEEN hours and dropped 45 of his bad-pitbull ravings on just two threads. That's trolling. He destroyed hours and hours of people's time yesterday. Seven thousand views or so. The guy is a pro troll. And he's a fake, That much is clear to me and a few others around here.

He's also destroying the discourse around here with his "take Tim Cook to the woodshed" rhetoric.

What else do you need to know?
post #64 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusephe View Post

Or just new models coming out soon....

Yep

And/or the component orders were inflated early on cause Apple figured a high number would fault but not as many did so they don't need the excess to cover their butts

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Another day of letting jdnc123's trolling jack up the forums. 1oyvey.gif

If only folks would stop quoting him, then my ignore would work

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply

A non tech's thoughts on Apple stuff 

(She's family so I'm a little biased)

Reply
post #66 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

If only folks would stop quoting him, then my ignore would work

True, my sympathies, one tries not to quote him, but the outrage gets the better of many, me included sometimes.

Really, some people just ought to be banned when it's clear that their intentions are not to benefit the discussion. I mean this is a community, not a pool of victims.
post #67 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple4U View Post

Taking Apple Private would be like the largest LBO.  Ever.  LOL  ;)

 

And maybe not a bad idea - insulating it from market pressures to act stoopid...  ...Gruber posted two articles on the possibility today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post

Apple cuts the component order coz Apple is going to reinvent the computer . A touchable Mac.

 

From your keyboard to Ive's eyes.  I have to live in WinWorld as well as MacLand and plan to do so with a VM Ware equipped MacBook.  Lacking touch when it's the best choice (say maybe 20% of the time) is gonna make that a lot harder....

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply
post #68 of 73
Maybe they could release a notebook that does not look like a set of mirror glasses. If the appeal for hip-hop fanatics is over, maybe professionals would start purchasing again a laptop where to look at their own job, not to their own face.
post #69 of 73
Quote:
The rumor comes from supposed "related upstream suppliers," who tell hit-or-miss tech news siteDigitimes

STOP RIGHT THERE!

 

LOL anything with digitimes name as the source should be whole heartedly ignored with a vengeance.

 

That Rag has been wrong so many times ......infact I cant remember when they have been right.

post #70 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Another day of letting jdnc123's trolling jack up the forums. 1oyvey.gif

Sigh¡1rolleyes.gif

He's been on ignore with me for a week now lol.

post #71 of 73
Remember what Tim Cook said on the last earnings call. "Don't put too much credence in supply side rumors."
post #72 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetime View Post

In case you haven't noticed, THE ECONOMY SUCKS! Lots of energy sources at home, but the government won't allow them to be exploited (or even construct a pipeline for Canada's oil heading to our refineries). Upcoming ObamaCare rules and regs causing restaurants, movie chains (Regal Cinema the latest) and other small businesses to cut hours back to under 30 per week to avoid new taxes. Health insurance is going up, gasoline is always around $4 a gallon, but hey, if you dig getting food stamps, like scamming Social Security with fake disability claims, live on extended unemployment checks, think that the new higher minimum wage proposal ($9) is the answer to more jobs (if so, why stop at $9? Why not $50? $250?), then Obama / Reid / Pelosi is your government trifecta! You reap what you sow, people, and for you suckers who bought into what this flim-flam front man and his liberal band was selling, get used to "living the dream."

I think coffeetime needs nap time.
post #73 of 73

Ultimately, it's people who don't seem to understand Apple as a company. One that doesn't focus on profit, but rather on 'making the best products possible', which by default will naturally lead to profitability.

 

If you do something passionately, really well, better than everyone else, focus on that and manage it well, then guess what. It doesn't MATTER what the stock price is. You will be massively profitable. You will be like Apple, from the verge of bankruptcy to the most valuable tech company on the planet. Still operating at SILLY levels of profitability and margin, global and growing. And yet, there is passion, excitement and even a touch of humility at the core of it...

 

This is the Apple we know and love and support irrespective of "market analysts" flapping their greedy gums incessantly. 

 

I'm always excited about what's yet to come from this amazing and innovative group of creators… they don't set off huge the bells and whistles and excitement with every release… but every few years, I get to say "wow" yet again… with the first all-aluminum mac book pro, the Mac Pro, the first iPod Touch and iPhone, the iPad… the extraordinary OPERATING SYSTEMS and Pro Apps I use every day… the ecosystem that just works together so beautifully.

 

They don't get everything perfect, but their batting average is so high, I just don't worry about it. I am confident they'll always come through with solutions that work...

 

Why are the two largest institutional shareholders dumping their stock (assuming that information is even correct)? Perhaps they are close to going underwater, and are pulling the remaining profit out of their holding just to be safe. Maybe it's part of a strategy to drive the stock lower, so they can buy back in at a lower point… there are a host of possible reasons that have NOTHING to do with Apple's financial health, market position or even expectations...

 

Apple's P/E has dropped below 9… that's almost unheard of for a high-performance tech company like this (with an EPS over 44). Muddy Microsoft is at around 16 with an EPS of less than 2, Google near 25 with an EPS around 32… Apple, even if they don't quite meet their guidance this quarter are still hugely profitable, and no-one sees a 'downward trend' in their overall growth and profits… 

 

So why is their stock being punished so badly? What's dragging it down? It is NOT their fundamentals, their financial picture or their revenue/profit history. Their potential is almost all upside. So why are they under $400, while Google is sitting at $800? Apple should be around there as well, considering reality...

 

In the end, it's institutional manipulation that is pushing the price around and creating volatility where there should be none...

 

@jdnc123 : I wouldn't change anyone in the current Executive/SVP lineup at Apple. THEY are doing a fantastic job of transitioning from the Jobs Era… Look at everything BUT the stock price and it's amazing how well they are performing. Every other measure is UP. Small, fickle fluctuations in 'consumer satisfaction' aside, the company, in my view is firing on all cylinders, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next...


Finally regarding their HQ: If they go 'half assed" on that, then my expectation would be the same regarding future products. Their HQ is going to be representative of the entire company ethos… so yes, I understand Jobs wanting it to be world class, and every detail perfect, because that's the mindset that goes into all of their products. 

 

Apple is the first to be disappointed whenever they fall short of that high bar… no company I know other than APple puts such effort and expense into 'doing it right' and creating 'the best possible result'...

 

It would be a sad day if anyone there ever actually listened to, and took your 'advice' … oust Cook, shutter the new HQ, and….? THAT would herald the end of Apple in my view, not what they're doing today...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Rumor: Apple halts Mac component orders, is less 'aggressive' looking forward