or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google, Microsoft both post big profit jumps

Google, Microsoft both post big profit jumps - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

So is Apple, I am pretty sure (paid a royalty).

It's rumored that HTC pays some per-device royalty to Apple as part of the 10-year settlement of their IP disagreements. Other than that I'm not aware of one.

melior diabolus quem scies
post #42 of 46
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
So they're making money, eh?

Shares, prepare to dive, dive, dive!

Yep, it's not as though Apple is the only company held to a double standard or anything¡

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

I recall seeing something to the effect that MSFT, AAPL, and Qualcomm make money off every android device sold (and not Google), but I could be wrong. On short notice I could find this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2011/11/04/apple-to-make-billions-on-googles-android/

Nothing there claiming that Android licensees are paying royalties to Apple. I think your link is just the opinion of an investor on how things might play out someday. 

post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by poksi View Post

So, at Google:

- gross margin stumbled
- nothing but cost-per-click brings money
- all other projects either fail or bring no money
- Android brings money to everybody but Google
- mobile is rising, but earnings there are even thinner
- having the "biggest mobile share" with Android, yet 75% of Google's profits come from iOS

however, it's all perfect, as long as your company doesn't have fruity name...

world is actually ran by a bunch of criminals....

Google's revenue was up 31% year over year, and profits up 11%.  Despite all those woes you listed, Google is still growing quite quickly.  

Not perfect, but pretty damn good.  Just because you don't understand finance doesn't mean those smarter than you are 'criminals'...  

post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post

Google's revenue was up 31% year over year, and profits up 11%.  Despite all those woes you listed, Google is still growing quite quickly.  

Not perfect, but pretty damn good.  Just because you don't understand finance doesn't mean those smarter than you are 'criminals'...  

I believe he is referring to the double standard and not to the financial aspect.

Furthermore it takes one to know one too.
post #46 of 46
The one who called the kettle black.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google, Microsoft both post big profit jumps