or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › The bizarre campaign against Apple's Tim Cook
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The bizarre campaign against Apple's Tim Cook - Page 3

post #81 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post


As comments get voted down they become more transparent...until they eventually are unable to be read.

Users who are voted down more than a hundred times per month are automatically banned for the rest of that month.

Those banned more than four months in a row get an electric shock through their device and are then banned permanently.

How'd you like those apples?

1wink.gif

That's the kind of AppleInsider I'd create, ladies and gentlemen!

Vote ME for President!!!

Wish I'd read this post before I responded to one earlier - I like this better :)

post #82 of 190
Those who are on hunt for Tim... Are ignorant and cluless.
They are cry baby stockholders who have no patience and have no clue what it takes to run apple and what Tim has been for apple for over a decade!
Time to judge his performance is not 8 months after wallstreet manipulation and market panic due to negative propaganda.
Apples last quaret was record breaking .. With 40 billion profits last year with Tim at helm.

Judge him .. (If u have to... ) In 12 months from now !
Last year was a transition year after steves death. And still apple brocke records!
post #83 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by poke View Post

There's a simple reason for all this: Apple has a lot of cash. Wall Street wants that cash and will stop at nothing to get it. They don't care about the business, they don't care about the products, they don't care about the CEO, they don't care if Apple is still around in 5 years (or even next week). They just want the cash. It's driving them insane seeing all that cash locked up in a viable business. It'd be so much better for them if Apple was in crisis and the activists could move in and put that cash to work making Wall Street some quick money. Right now the market cap is way too high for anyone to exert any significant control over Apple, but if they can topple it, bring down the market cap, they can "liberate" Apple's cash.

 

You pretty much nailed it. It's the only explanation that makes any kind of rational sense. I don't see how anyone who calls for Cook's ouster, without even giving thought to a replacement, can claim that they give a shred of a **** about the future of the company. 

 

You know what gives me confidence? The fact that Apple has been so fucking quiet. It shows that they can see the forest for the trees, and don't feel the need to engage in the current noise, as they know they have some killer shit in the pipeline to be revealed. You focus on the products and the big picture- that's the only way to do it. The second you start thinking of ways to run your business as to please stockholders and raise the stock price, you're fucked. There's a reason Steve Jobs had such contempt for wallstreet and couldn't care less about shareholders. At the end of the day it's just noise. I can't imagine how someone who realizes what an insanely talented team Apple has, can't be excited about what they've potentially been working on for the past few months.  Apple updated nearly their entire product line in 2012, both hardware and software in a massive way. God forbid we can give them a few months of dev time to show us something truly special, instead of wanting to be constantly entertained like OCD monkeys. If someone wants to check Apple's pulse, just walk into any random Apple store, anytime. I've never been in one that wasn't packed to the brim with enthusiastic customers. These are the people Apple gives a shit about, not greedy stock manipulating assholes or agenda-driven analysts who wouldn't think twice about burning the company down if it would put some extra cash in their pocket. 

post #84 of 190
Until the stock market returns to evaluating stocks purely on their dividends it will continue to be a casino. Wouldn't it be more fun to just go to a casino on the days you're feeling lucky?
post #85 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

At this point, one might think Cook could simply go on vacation and set Apple's cash machine to run on autopilot. 

 

So true. Apple's a freight train, with a good conductor, and Tim seems to be a great one, there's no stopping it. If he wants to hit the accelerator, all the better.

 

Another very enjoyable read, love the DED articles. "Bizarre" is the right word; "shameless" would be another good fit. 

 

edit: I have no doubt Tim's Nikes are pressed firmly on the accelerator!


Edited by PatchyThePirate - 4/22/13 at 9:02pm

   

Reply

   

Reply
post #86 of 190
OT: does anyone think Apple will announce WWDC tickets this week? I believe last year they announced on April 24.
post #87 of 190

Bizarre indeed. 

 

Wanting Ballmer out I can understand, he's an incompetent jackoff. 

 

But Tim Cook?     *confused*

post #88 of 190

Apple has huge cash reserves, sky-high mind share, market-share and profitability and yet the share price is falling. There has to be a rat in there somewhere. Tim Cook and Apple deserve better than this.

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Reply
post #89 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Until the stock market returns to evaluating stocks purely on their dividends it will continue to be a casino. 

Don't be silly.

 

'Growth' stocks should be selling for a price of zero in your world. So would Apple, until a year ago.

post #90 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetz View Post

"The buck stops here."

Sorry. But if you're the CEO, you're responsible and you answer to shareholders. Apple is no exception to the rules of corporate governance.

The stock has tanked. Shareholders like me are pissed (and I've lost nowhere near as much as some other people I know). If he doesn't have a feasible plan to get the stock price back up, then it's time for him to go. I thought Forestall successfully demonstrated that nobody at Apple is indispensable.


I should add that I do think the stock can recover. But I don't think the market belives that. The way prices are right now, it's as though the market thinks that Apple is the next Nokia. A bad assumption perhaps, but it's Mr. Cook's job to prove to show the market why it's wrong.

If the stockholders hadn't sold their stock they wouldn't be in this quagmire.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #91 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

First off, it was not Apple's best quarter ever. It was a quarter with record revenue and record profits (by a narrow margin), but best quarter implies fundamentally improving underlying data... which there was none.

Can you explain this in more detail and/or a different way? I can't help but see increased revenue and profit YoY on a per week basis as "fundamentally improving underlying data."

The profit increased, but the bottom line growth rate tanked and the top line growth rate was only ok. Fundamentally there is concern that margin compression is permanent in smartphones, so recovery on the bottom line growth seems unlikely.

At this point, I just want to be as pessimistic as possible. I don't want to be crying in the fetal position with the lights out in 24 hours. Apple needs to do something to get its mojo back.

In contrast, with a company like MS, the solution is easy-- they need to split themselves up. For Apple, I don't know how they can continue to grow anymore.
post #92 of 190
I actually enjoyed Lyons Fake Steve Jobs posts, they were funny as hell.

When he pretended to be a real journalist, I lost all respect for the guy.
post #93 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

"Grandstanding and bluster" was what SJ was doing in the quote I cut-and-pasted in that post? Why don't you go back and re-read what I wrote.

Great selective quoting of a post.......
I read your entire post and what I'm saying is that Tim Cook doesn't need to answer to anybody. Not to me. Not to you, and CERTAINLY not to the idiots on Wall Street. The man has helmed a company that has brought in record revenue & profit quarter after quarter during his tenure as CEO.

Once that changes then I'd say he has some answering to do but until such a time all this bs is nothing more than distraction, grandstanding & bluster by armchair qb's like Enderle and others.
post #94 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

OT: does anyone think Apple will announce WWDC tickets this week? I believe last year they announced on April 24.

sounds about right

post #95 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

At this point, one might think Cook could simply go on vacation and set Apple's cash machine to run on autopilot. 

So true. Apple's a freight train, with a good conductor, and Tim seems to be a great one, there's no stopping it. If he wants to hit the accelerator, all the better.

Another very enjoyable read, love the DED articles. "Bizarre" is the right word; "shameless" would be another good fit. 
That has basically been Microsoft's strategy for the past 12 years. Look where it has gotten them. I expect Cook can do much better than that, but what should investors expect?
post #96 of 190

Tim is in over his head. He's great at running the machine, but doesn't relate to tech users and is not a source of innovation.

post #97 of 190
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post
…the stock… …stock… …slide…

 

 

Everything else you've said is either a lie or irrelevant.


Originally Posted by Superbass View Post
You can't compare Steve Jobs to Tim Cook.

 

They're CEO of the same company. Why can't that be done, again?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #98 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

Wow, an actual interesting question! The interwebs seem to agree on "real soon now", but no one has specific guesses. Apparently https://secure.wwdcblast.com/signup
 is the place to go.
One reason I ask is because I think announcing WWDC now would be a positive bit of news. And perhaps the narrative would switch from D&G to buzzing about what Apple has cooking for WWDC. And it wouldn't hurt for Apple to leak a few things to friendly bloggers like John Gruber, Rene Ritchie or 9to5Mac. 1wink.gif
post #99 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post




Everything else you've said is either a lie or irrelevant.

They're CEO of the same company. Why can't that be done, again?

Because he then loses the argument.

Of course, they will let you compare Cook to Jobs in any negative way to show how dire Apple is but if you compare apples to apples to show market ebbs and flows within the same company that is still increasing its year over year revenue and profits they cry foul.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #100 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm3 View Post

Tim is in over his head. He's great at running the machine, but doesn't relate to tech users and is not a source of innovation.

 

"In over his head": Current CEO of the most successful company in the world, which has shattered all of its performance records under his tenure. 

 

The shit people type about others, who are infinitely more accomplished than them, while behind a screen, is fucking amazing. 

 

I wonder how many of you will apologize when the stock recovers, and when Apple unveils even more ground-breaking products under Cook?  Not a single one, by my prediction. 

 

And what the **** does "doesn't relate to tech users" mean? As I recall, SJ didn't either. I recall quite well the vitriolic hatred technophiles and geeks had towards Jobs, who couldn't care less about their hard-on for specs, ports, options, etc, and who made techology useable and accessible to the masses and non-geeks, something self-righteous geeks never forgave him for. Almost single one of his product decisions enraged technophiles, as it took away their "options" (ie. non-removable batteries) but at the end of the day resulted in better, more efficient products for the masses. Also, it's not Cook's job to be a "source of innovation"- he's got an entire executive team to do that, and his job is to empower and facilitate that for them. There will never be another Steve Jobs, there isn't another one today in the tech industry (and no, Bezos is no Jobs), and demanding that Cook be so it's insanely unfair and childish. What Apple still has, however, are the key players that worked with Jobs and understood his vision. And I have utmost confidence in them. 


Edited by Slurpy - 4/22/13 at 8:36pm
post #101 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

"In over his head": Current CEO of the most successful company in the world, which has shattered all of its performance records under his tenure. 

The shit people type about others, who are infinitely more accomplished than them, while behind a screen, is fucking amazing. 

I wonder how many of you will apologize when the stock recovers, and when Apple unveils even more ground-breaking products under Cook? 
Not a single one, by my prediction. 

They won't have to apologize. They've already stated that any rise under Cook was just a fluke of the market or luck. It's only when it goes down it's Cook's fault.

It's the exact same people saying the exact same shit when Jobs was at the helm, but now that Jobs is dead they have moved the goal posts and whitewashed their negative history to now say "Time Cook is no Steve Jobs. If Steve were alive he'd never have let this happen."

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #102 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


They won't have to apologize. They've already stated that any rise under Cook was just a fluke of the market or luck. It's only when it goes down it's Cook's fault.

It's the exact same people saying the exact same shit when Jobs was at the helm, but now that Jobs is dead they have moved the goal posts and whitewashed their negative history to now say "Time Cook is no Steve Jobs. If Steve were alive he'd never have let this happen."

 

You're absolutely right. I have no doubt many who are bashing Cook now, asking for his head, and pining for the good old days of Jobs were the same people incessantly insisting that Jobs needed to step down, as he was "impeding" Apple, had "gone off the deep end", and had turned Apple into the "iToy company" and "forgot about Apple's real customers". Ironically, there were also so many posts suggesting Tim as a better leader, as he would be "more level-headed" than Jobs and would "steer the company back in the right direction" whatever the **** that direction was. These same people, who had so much contempt for Jobs and bashed every single one of his decisions, are now doing the same to Cook, with the added audacity of comparing him to Jobs and pretending that they loved him. It's sickening. 

post #103 of 190

Irrational exuberance drove the stock up and it is driving it down.  Apple is the most emotional stock in the world.  Predicting what a "normal" stock will do is mostly guesswork, predicting how Apple will perform in pretty much impossible.  Buy low sell high is the best you can do with Apple.

post #104 of 190

I did a pole on my website asking if TC should go, and it started going against tim, then quickly turned around and now the vote is overwhelmingly in favor of TC staying.

 

Polls Page

post #105 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

Irrational exuberance drove the stock up and it is driving it down.  Apple is the most emotional stock in the world.  Predicting what a "normal" stock will do is mostly guesswork, predicting how Apple will perform in pretty much impossible.  Buy low sell high is the best you can do with Apple.

Or people could invest in some other electronics/computer company.

Any idea who that would be?

Though if Apple can make billions of dollars and their stock drops... I'm not seeing much hope for other companies.

People might be better off putting their money under their mattress.
post #106 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2director View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Not talking about future products has been part of Apple's MO since the beginning. What you call "an issue" is doing business. You would rather Apple Osbourne themselves than actually update products when they are ready to be updated. If what you want were realistic there would be no Apple Insider for you to bitch and moan on because there would be no Apple. By the way, it is not "dropping the ball" by not sending you a telegram about any and all potential future releases so just. Stop.
I disagree.

Apple's MO **used to be** to not talk about future products, but to release fresh updates at a reasonable rate, which kept customers happy. Even though Apple was silent, you could trust that it was still in the game and that investing in APple products was not a dead end. That MO worked but it is entirely different than Apple's current MO for many of its product segments like the Mac Pro.

The *new* MO is to still not talk about future products, *and* to suddenly and inexplicably go YEARS without updates, as if the products were forgotten. That new MO is toxic to customers and to Apple's culture. Not giving a shit about a certain group of customers is not a sign of pursuing excellence.  

But your really only talking about 1 product (the Mac Pro). Unless you want to count iWork, but I am not sure why you would. Both those trends also started before Jobs even left. The first person to mention the Mac pro in a long time was Tim Cook.
post #107 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm3 View Post

Tim is in over his head. He's great at running the machine, but doesn't relate to tech users and is not a source of innovation.

Was Jobs in over his head when the stock slid from $200 to $82? OR Is the stock market often illogical and any non-professional making securities investments without plans to hang on to them for the long-term (10 years+) just a fool?


Jobs was running it right in 2008 and Cook is now. Just because some amateur short-term players are getting their asses handed to them by the pros is no reason to fire a CEO.
post #108 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoom View Post

I actually enjoyed Lyons Fake Steve Jobs posts, they were funny as hell.

When he pretended to be a real journalist, I lost all respect for the guy.

 

 

He's actually kind of a dick, at least that was my experience. I spoke with Ken Segall last night, and Dan Lions name came up, he was trying to get Ken involved in a joint project, and Ken thinks he's a dick too.

post #109 of 190
I wish Apple would get back on top of the Prosumer Market.. Things had begun to slide even before Cook took the reign. We need new MacPro's... Even though the userbase is small compared to the consumer sector there is still a market and a lot of businesses are heavily invested in OSX. I feel that Apple has lost its mojo in this particular area.
post #110 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Do you think we are starting to see a saturation in the iDevice category? What is the next big thing? Can Cook really steer the company in a new direction? There is no question the iPhone/iPad was a revolution but can they really sustain the company on asking the faithful to upgrade every two years?

 

The iWatch, iTV, iCar all seem like lackluster product concepts if they even exist.

 

 

It really is about the share price at this point and that is not going to turn around until they announce some killer new product. 

I don't understand why everyone thinks Apple is due for a new product category.  For 10 years all Apple produced was computers and iPods.  The iPhone and iPad came out relatively close in time, but I think that is the exception, not the rule.

 

Is there anything wrong with Apple Computer selling computers?  If I were Tim Cook, I'd be focused on getting out the next iPad.  It needs to be lighter and faster. They need to do more to help developers make good software.  They need to do more to integrate iPad and iOS with home, car, and personal electronics.  I'm sure Tim is busy doing these things and doesn't have time to listen to whiners talk about releasing products that don't need to be released.  

 

Here's what I think Tim should work on: 

Retina iPad mini (no weight gain or loss of battery, this will be tough to do but very rewarding for market share)

Reduce the weight and size of the iPad (after the iPad mini, iPad feels like a brick)

Retina display for macbook air (no weight gain, again difficult to do but worth it)

Style change for macbook air (it doesn't need to be drastic, maybe color schemes, or trim)

Continued rapid improvement in Apple maps.  Make it easier for individuals to contribute to the map.  Partner with social networks to get map data.

Release Apple Maps for Mac OSX, Windows, and Android. This will allow developers to develop for one map  (maybe join up with Yahoo to provide Maps on desktop).

Better iCloud management.  iCloud is a great idea, but managing it needs to be easier to manage for people with multiple devices and family members.

 

Great companies focus on the important things.  I assure you Apple will make a lot more money by making their current devices and software better than chasing after a category of device for which no market exists just because Wall Street and bloggers like you say they need to do it.  The iPad is not even close to being a mature platform.  That's where the focus should be.

post #111 of 190
Originally Posted by simtub View Post
I wish Apple would get back on top of the Prosumer Market.. 

 

Haswell iMac in a few months.


We need new MacPro's...


But you said prosumer.


Originally Posted by igriv View Post
The fact that Apple has dropped that ball is another evidence of questionable management: obviously, the prosumer revenues are puny compared to phone revenues, but this would not matter if the Mac Pro operation was a cost center and was running semi-autonomously -- it is a good business, even if smaller than the phone franchise. Jobs ran the company autocratically (and was not well for several years), which is why he just did not have enough attention to devote to this piddling business -- the current management team has no obvious excuse, and with the ill-advised Final Cut X introduction is about to lose its (once core) pro user market entirely.

 

And you jump right on that because it's critical of Apple, disregarding the logic used. How unexpected¡

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #112 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by simtub View Post

I wish Apple would get back on top of the Prosumer Market.. Things had begun to slide even before Cook took the reign. We need new MacPro's... Even though the userbase is small compared to the consumer sector there is still a market and a lot of businesses are heavily invested in OSX. I feel that Apple has lost its mojo in this particular area.

I think that you are right that Apple should focus on its current markets, not imaginary products.  However, I think you have the wrong device.  The focus should be on iPad.  iPad is at a very fragile juncture.  Apple needs to double down hard on iPad and keep its market share. The iPhone market is maturing.  Growth is going to slow in iPhones and/or margins are going to compress.  The iPad is slower growing and a little less profitable, but I think it has 10 years of growth ahead of it.  If Apple continues to deliver on the iPad, we'll see $700 again.

 

By the way, I'm not sure whether Apple will take slower growth or reduced margins on the iPhone.  Hard to say. Neither is attractive, but one or the other is inevitable.

post #113 of 190
Originally Posted by igriv View Post
And you jump on my post because…

 

Well, you didn't bring up the Mac Pro/prosumer contradiction and did bring up the Final Cut Pro X "debacle" falsehood.

 

Never mind the "dropped the ball" nonsense.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #114 of 190

Steve Jobs had the no Bozo Rule, and he ran a pretty tight ship. It's hard to imagine that TC could have escaped scrutiny.

 

Analysts need to blame someone for the decline in price, they certainly aren't going to blame themselves for their incessant bashing.

 

 

 

 


Edited by AppleInvestor - 4/22/13 at 10:13pm
post #115 of 190
If any about Tim's chase is true, I don't think it would be about Tim's qualities and his performance.

I'd (lucky) guess it is about some people in shadow who work in their and their only interests. Jobs was so bigger than life that no one dared to try touch him after his "resurrection" (and consequently, Apple's resurrection). While Tim tries to follow Jobs' legacy, he is not Jobs, and it just might be some greedy fingers decided this one can be removed and a puppet CEO enforced in his place.

Some power establishments just don't like capable, intelligent CEO to mess with their agendas. Hurd was removed from HP for really not so major issue and HP just went downspiraling with Leo Apotheker, man with horrible CV (and equally horrible results) that no reasonable company would want for CEO.

This is a reason I tolerate Balmer in MS. Muppet he might be, but he is Microsoft's home-breed muppet. It's a family thing.
post #116 of 190

Wall Street shill bait. They want a CEO that conforms to their needs, so they're at full attack to discredit Cook. 

 

Short termed, small thinking people. 

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
Reply
iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
Reply
post #117 of 190
Daniel, thank you for keeping it real, I guess we'll see what they announce tomorrow. But people should be going to jail for all the stuff that has been thrown out there. Jail I tell you.

And yes Enderle, to tribalogicals' point, should not be paid to do anything. Ever....
post #118 of 190

This post deserves a 'thumbs up'. 

 

The post was...

 

 

I am not sure about the value of a thumbs-down feature.

 

In fact, since it cuts both ways, it could backfire. Given how many trolls (and likely lurker-trolls) there are here on AI, think about how easy it would be to do 'drive-by' thumbs-downs of pro-Apple comments and commenters......!

 

If one dislikes a post, one can always provide a response countering the post.

 

 

post #119 of 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post



I'd (lucky) guess it is about some people in shadow who work in their and their only interests. Jobs was so bigger than life that no one dared to try touch him after his "resurrection" (and consequently, Apple's resurrection). While Tim tries to follow Jobs' legacy, he is not Jobs, and it just might be some greedy fingers decided this one can be removed and a puppet CEO enforced in his place.
 

 

I think you must have forgotten just how much Steve was bashed since 2001 to his death. For many people out there he could do no right — and he went on ignoring them because he knew what he was doing even if they didn't. It is only since his death that he has been canonised, but before that he took a lot of flack.

 

I hope TC has the same thick skin. 

AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
Reply
AppleInsider = Apple-in-cider. It's a joke!

I've used macs since 1985 when I typed up my first research paper. Never used anything else never wanted to.
Reply
post #120 of 190
This sounds like Law Enforcement should get involved...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › The bizarre campaign against Apple's Tim Cook