or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ISLAM WATCH

ISLAM WATCH - Page 4  

post #121 of 342

"A French soldier patrolling a business neighbourhood west of Paris was stabbed in the neck and injured on Saturday by a man who fled the scene and is being sought by police, President Francois Hollande said.

The 23-year-old was patrolling in uniform with two other soldiers as part of France's Vigipirate anti-terror surveillance plan when he was approached from behind around 6 p.m. and attacked with a knife or a box-cutter.

Pierre-Andre Peyvel, police prefect for the Hauts-de-Seine area west of Paris, said the soldier had lost a considerable amount of blood but would survive, and was being treated in a nearby military hospital."

"Police in the French capital described the attacker as a being ‘bearded, of North African origin and wearing a light coloured jihab’ under a jacket.

He pounced on the 23-year-old soldier outside a Virgin store in La Defence, the business district of the city which was packed with Saturday afternoon shoppers."

Scene: Police investigators and forensic experts work at the site where a man armed with a box cutter attacked a French soldier patrolling a subway station

"When you meet the unbelievers, strike at their necks..." -- Qur'an 47:4
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #122 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

They need informants. Muslims, especially in Europe and especially the young radical ones, stick together like no one else. An impenetrable darkness so to speak, thus the eagerness to recruit them. Shame they underestimated their faith and adherence to Islam. They should have been locked up, or preferably deported, but I don't think, like most muslims do, they had two passports.

The word is "Patsy". If this same crime had been committed by a non-Muslim, it would have been a news story, but the term "terrorism" would not have entered the dialog, and the offender's religion would not have been an issue. Endless war, especially one with questionable motivations requires some means of maintaining the public disquiet. "Problem, reaction, solution". Synthetic terrorism is the solution...it works every time.

You know it.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #123 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

The word is "Patsy". If this same crime had been committed by a non-Muslim, it would have been a news story, but the term "terrorism" would not have entered the dialog, and the offender's religion would not have been an issue. Endless war, especially one with questionable motivations requires some means of maintaining the public disquiet. "Problem, reaction, solution". Synthetic terrorism is the solution...it works every time.

You know it.

So you think he was recruited by MI5 to carry out an Islamic style killing on the streets of London of a soldier? That's an insane, paranoid and dangerous position. It fails to confront the real issue, which is that Islam is a political ideology that mandates using fear and violence to spread itself. 

We are under attack. Countless lives would have been lost if other attacks hadn't been prevented. If those attacks hadn't been prevented, we'd have seen the hostility towards muslims to have gone far, far beyond where it currently is, and a lot more public willingness for governments to invade Islamic countries. 

post #124 of 342

In France last year-

"After his first two attacks on March 11 and March 15 left three French uniformed soldiers dead, Mohamed Merah shot and killed Rabbi Jonathan Sandler.
He also gunned down his two young sons Gavriel and Aryeh, and another young girl, Miriam Monsonego, outside the Ozar Hatorah school on March 19."

Imad Ibn-Ziaten, 30Abel Chennouf, 25Mohamed Legouade, 26

Tragedy: Rabbi Jonathan Sandler (left) and his sons Arieh, 5, and Gabriel, 4, were gunned down. Miriam Monsonego, daughter of the school's headteacher, was also killed
post #125 of 342

This is an interesting perspective on some of the current issues:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22640614

post #126 of 342
Quote:

So you think he was recruited by MI5 to carry out an Islamic style killing on the streets of London of a soldier? That's an insane, paranoid and dangerous position. It fails to confront the real issue, which is that Islam is a political ideology that mandates using fear and violence to spread itself. 

We are under attack. Countless lives would have been lost if other attacks hadn't been prevented. If those attacks hadn't been prevented, we'd have seen the hostility towards muslims to have gone far, far beyond where it currently is, and a lot more public willingness for governments to invade Islamic countries. 

I am no fan of any religion, including Islam ...I'll repeat it till I'm blue in the face, or when Hands can get over his/her obsession for hurling ad hominems. Hands, on the other hand (!) - alongside a few others in here who shall remain nameless (anyone recall Applenut from a few years ago as a classic example?), is driven by irrational hatred, tarring an entire demographic with the same brush, just like .... um, lets not go there.

How about some facts, people. Some balance and objectivity?

What we in the West have done to them in the Middle East - for decades since the end of World War II - pales in comparison with the local crimes of a handful of angry or unstable men, militants and so-called 'jihadists', and a few patsies thrown in- which perpetually get blanket coverage by the corporate media (which is largely owned and controlled by many people who are traditionally enemies of Islam)  

If we've been stung by an angry bee, then they've been run down by a fleet of Mack trucks. Learn some real history... outside of the sanitized corporate media propaganda.

post #127 of 342
Quote:

I am no fan of any religion, including Islam ...I'll repeat it till I'm blue in the face, or when Hands can get over his/her obsession for hurling ad hominems. Hands, on the other hand (!) - alongside a few others in here who shall remain nameless (anyone recall Applenut from a few years ago as a classic example?), is driven by irrational hatred, tarring an entire demographic with the same brush, just like .... um, lets not go there.

What we in the West have done to them in the Middle East - for decades since the end of World War II - pales in comparison with the local crimes of a handful of angry or unstable men, militants and so-called 'jihadists', and a few patsies thrown in- which perpetually get blanket coverage by the corporate media (which is largely owned and controlled by many people who are traditionally enemies of Islam)  

If we've been stung by an angry bee, then they've been run down by a fleet of Mack trucks. Learn some real history... outside of the sanitized corporate media propaganda.

Bear in mind the the perception of a threat, whether from a country, a religion, a demographic group or any other subset of the world population and, whether accurate or not, does not, per se, constitute hatred.

post #128 of 342

I'm delighted there's some scope being given to discussion here now. Thanks muppetry for posting the BBC piece. I read it and am thinking about it, and hope to gather some coherent thoughts on how to respond to it.

I very much see this topic as about learning for me personally. I understand why so many people have jumped down my throat, because I've posted about the dark side of what we are seeing with Islam. But it should be viewed as material to be reflected on first and foremost. Thank you for not just screaming insults at me as others have done. I really want this thread to be a positive healthy discussion. Given the damage that's being done to people lives, I understand the rage we probably all feel whether we are muslim or otherwise. The intention of this thread is strictly to try and reduce the suffering, but it is not about turning away from the difficult realities. Doing that simply makes things worse. There are real grievances on all sides, of one sort or another, and to play a positive role in changing things, requires listening and learning.

Edit- I've just seen that the BBC piece is written by someone at the Quilliam Foundation. I forget his name, but they had/have a spokeman who was once an extremist but changed his views in prison, I think in Egypt after Amnesty International helped him. I've seen a few youtube videos of his and he seems spot on with his views. Glad that organisation is getting heard. The more people that know about people like him, the better.

Ok, his name is Maajid Nawaz and he is/was chairman of Quilliam. This isn't the best interview ever, but it's not bad either. I discovered him after being impressed by him on the BBC's Question Time in Belfast just the day after the Woolwich attack.- 

Here's another one I've seen too. Worth watching- 

Edited by Hands Sandon - 5/26/13 at 3:18pm
post #129 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

It certainly is and a positive one. I've thought a bit about it and am wondering how successful that level of moderate Islam will be. For instance could it in Europe be a more powerful force than conservative Islam? If so, how long will that take to happen? Will it be harder to encourage a moderate view of Islam when the influence of Islam is growing in the West, and their power from local councils to the national votes is rapidly increasing? Why would they take a more moderate path when typically the more Islamic the population the more likely it is to follow a more strict conservative Islam? 

The Protestant reformation took something like 130 years. The current global swing of muslims is towards a stricter more conservative form of Islam. Isn't it more likely that influence on Western muslims, will spur them to become more conservative too? Even if a more moderate Islam comes about in the West, what happens if it changes back to conservative and they are a majority of the population? Will we then see the enforcement of barbaric laws on children, non-muslims, apostates, women etc?

post #130 of 342
Quote:

Quote:

It certainly is and a positive one. I've thought a bit about it and am wondering how successful that level of moderate Islam will be. For instance could it in Europe be a more powerful force than conservative Islam? If so, how long will that take to happen? Will it be harder to encourage a moderate view of Islam when the influence of Islam is growing in the West, and their power from local councils to the national votes is rapidly increasing? Why would they take a more moderate path when typically the more Islamic the population the more likely it is to follow a more strict conservative Islam? 

The Protestant reformation took something like 130 years. The current global swing of muslims is towards a stricter more conservative form of Islam. Isn't it more likely that influence on Western muslims, will spur them to become more conservative too? Even if a more moderate Islam comes about in the West, what happens if it changes back to conservative and they are a majority of the population? Will we then see the enforcement of barbaric laws on children, non-muslims, apostates, women etc?

A common problem with extremism is that it seldom relies on the support of a moderate base. It just needs enough of a foothold to survive. The involvement of the west in the problems of the Middle East over the past decades, however well intentioned that may have been, has given it a sufficient claim to legitimacy for that foothold to be assured.

It will be interesting to see, now that the west's willingness to fight has been demonstrated, whether Obama's intention to lessen the direct and continuing US campaign against terrorism, if it materializes, shows any signs of undermining the militant factions and reducing their ability to play on the fears of the moderate majority. That fear seems to be a significant driver for increasing global Islamic conservatism, though perhaps not the only one. In some of the less developed countries it seems more to mirror the medieval rise of the Christian church as a simple control mechanism.

post #131 of 342
Quote:

OK, so they've been fought by us, fought themselves and fought us. Islam will still exist if they have a rough time or not. So the question is, how do we deal with the current  and future problems of Islam? No more wars may help, but it won't solve the problems.  

post #132 of 342
Quote:

A common problem with extremism is that it seldom relies on the support of a moderate base. It just needs enough of a foothold to survive. The involvement of the west in the problems of the Middle East over the past decades, however well intentioned that may have been, has given it a sufficient claim to legitimacy for that foothold to be assured.

It will be interesting to see, now that the west's willingness to fight has been demonstrated, whether Obama's intention to lessen the direct and continuing US campaign against terrorism, if it materializes, shows any signs of undermining the militant factions and reducing their ability to play on the fears of the moderate majority. That fear seems to be a significant driver for increasing global Islamic conservatism, though perhaps not the only one. In some of the less developed countries it seems more to mirror the medieval rise of the Christian church as a simple control mechanism.

I certainly agree that we've inflamed the extremists, making them more acceptable in many countries amongst muslims, and even some non-muslims, (I won't name names for the sake of a healthy discussion here) than they had been. But like you say, there are other factors, which notably include the overthrowing of dictators like in Egypt who were relatively moderate. We've recently effectively helped liberate the Muslim Brotherhood, from the chains of Mubarak, as Coptic Christian's are discovering in not so pleasant ways in Egypt. Hopefully at least, they will try and keep democracy alive, though in some ways I'd rather they not bother, because the EU wants to expand to include N Africa, but will only allow in democracies. But that's slightly off topic regarding your points.

We may find the US plays a more distant role, certainly with regards to its drone use, which I think Maajid Nawaz made a very good point about in the second YouTube video I posted above. He thinks it's effective at stopping attacks, but that it's not working because it recruits more people to the fight. 

Europeans are also worried about their societies having an increasingly large portion of their populations not wanting to integrate, but instead wanting to change the society their in to accomodate their beliefs and heritage. That's fine to a degree but the extent of that change concerns a lot of non-muslims. It's so bad that tensions between the differing communities are going from extremely bad, to worse. The violent attacks by terrorists are making that friction even greater. If things continue festering I'm certain we will see riots between muslims and non-muslims, involving battles to the death and the near destruction of areas where muslims live. Far right parties are likely to come to power very quickly following that, and if not far right parties, certainly far right policies. 

The only thing I see as changing that from happening, is for muslims to walk away from Sharia Law, to become inclusive communities themselves and to be seen to be much more moderate. Unfortunately the opposite is happening. 

post #133 of 342
Quote:

Quote:

I certainly agree that we've inflamed the extremists, making them more acceptable in many countries amongst muslims, and even some non-muslims, (I won't name names for the sake of a healthy discussion here) than they had been. But like you say, there are other factors, which notably include the overthrowing of dictators like in Egypt who were relatively moderate. We've recently effectively helped liberate the Muslim Brotherhood, from the chains of Mubarak, as Coptic Christian's are discovering in not so pleasant ways in Egypt. Hopefully at least, they will try and keep democracy alive, though in some ways I'd rather they not bother, because the EU wants to expand to include N Africa, but will only allow in democracies. But that's slightly off topic regarding your points.

We may find the US plays a more distant role, certainly with regards to its drone use, which I think Maajid Nawaz made a very good point about in the second YouTube video I posted above. He thinks it's effective at stopping attacks, but that it's not working because it recruits more people to the fight. 

Europeans are also worried about their societies having an increasingly large portion of their populations not wanting to integrate, but instead wanting to change the society their in to accomodate their beliefs and heritage. That's fine to a degree but the extent of that change concerns a lot of non-muslims. It's so bad that tensions between the differing communities are going from extremely bad, to worse. The violent attacks by terrorists are making that friction even greater. If things continue festering I'm certain we will see riots between muslims and non-muslims, involving battles to the death and the near destruction of areas where muslims live. Far right parties are likely to come to power very quickly following that, and if not far right parties, certainly far right policies. 

The only thing I see as changing that from happening, is for muslims to walk away from Sharia Law, to become inclusive communities themselves and to be seen to be much more moderate. Unfortunately the opposite is happening. 

In my opinion many secular countries go further than they should to accomodate religious beliefs in their lawmaking process. The principle of separation of church and state seems to be a very difficult concept for many people, leading to a tendency to cling to the notion that the laws of their religion of preference, rather than being a personal doctrine, should be enshrined in law and imposed on all. That may have worked to some extent when countries could claim one religion for the bulk of the population (for example the early US), but with diversity in the west has arisen a significant dilemma - discriminate against the minority beliefs or invent some abominable contrivance to try to accommodate all. I suspect the latter approach encourages the idea that religious law is a legitimate goal.

The comparison between secular and Muslim countries is often ironically stark - many emigrant Muslims lobby hard to have their laws and traditions recognized in their adopted countries, but try arguing for your secular or other non-Islamic traditions in most Islamic countries at your peril.

Perhaps a more rigid rejection of religion in secular government might help both to avoid alienating immigrants and to disuade them from trying to impose their own beliefs on their adopted countries. It might have some other benefits too, especially in the US.

post #134 of 342

Meanwhile, Sen. John McCain (R, AZ) has just demonstrated his support for al Qaeda, slipping into Syria to meet the AQ directed rebels. Friend or foe? Take your pick, according to whats politically expedient.

post #135 of 342
Quote:

Bear in mind the the perception of a threat, whether from a country, a religion, a demographic group or any other subset of the world population and, whether accurate or not, does not, per se, constitute hatred.

That is true.

However, to go to great lengths to brand an entire religion/demographic group/ethnic genotype - as has been very effectively accomplished, over a period of decades, by the most effective branding tools the planet has to offer (Hollywood, the US corporate media, and US government agencies) can  most certainly be regarded as a form of racism. And as racism has its roots firmly planted in hatred.........

post #136 of 342
Quote:

Beautiful newly discovered colour film of London in 1927. Whatever happens in London in the future it'll never be quite the same ever again. Hopefully people will respect its past and what made it such a beautiful and vibrant place to live-

This movie was taken in the days before the Clean Air Act of the 1950s, when London was a far more hazardous place to live, especially in the winter months. As a result of thousands of people being killed by from respiratory diseases from breathing toxic and particle-laden air, a bunch of commie-pinko-tree-hugger-hippie types rattled the fossil fuel industry and demanded some accountability for the deaths cause by their emissions with yet more of those damned big government rules and regulations getting in the way  of the free market....

post #137 of 342
Quote:

Quote:

That is true.

However, to go to great lengths to brand an entire religion/demographic group/ethnic genotype - as has been very effectively accomplished, over a period of decades, by the most effective branding tools the planet has to offer (Hollywood, the US corporate media, and US government agencies) can  most certainly be regarded as a form of racism. And as racism has its roots firmly planted in hatred.........

Don't disagree, except that I suspect that most racism is rooted in fear, rather than hatred.

post #138 of 342
Quote:

Don't disagree, except that I suspect that most racism is rooted in fear, rather than hatred.

I would suspect that hatred, racism and other irrational reactions to the unknown or unfamiliar are all rooted in fear.

post #139 of 342

Pathetic for this to happen to this young couple and their children and others.I am sick and tired of these radical throwbacks spreading their venom everywhere they go.

post #140 of 342
"Seven-hour non-stop gang rape by 12 Afghan MUSLIM refugees was the ‘most gruesome rape marathon in Sweden’s history,’ say prosecutors. The rape was oral, anal, and vaginal, with up to three rapists in her at the same time. Only 7 of the 12 rapists were convicted.

The other Muslim onlookers were clapping and cheering and calling the woman a “whore” and a “slut,” how Muslim men describe unveiled women. The victim is now confined to a wheelchair, suffering severe mental distress. The Swedish media concealed the ethnicity of the perpetrators and quickly removed the story."

So do Swedish politicians think Swedes should be the least concerned about massive muslim immigration? Maybe allow some air-time that doesn't just label people Islamaphobic and racist for talking about the issues? Well, yes and no. You decide-

post #141 of 342

This is the shit that wants to come into various countries to infiltrate their sickness with their screwed up religion and philosophy.

post #142 of 342

I'm sure islammijo will be the first person here to scream "RACIST!" at the protestors from Istanbul and Ankara in Turkey for shouting "unite against fascism" during their protests of the Sharia Laws being in-forced on them by Islamic politicians. To all those who are fighting creeping Islamisation, don't be put off, be heard. 

From the BBC-

"Police also fired water cannon and tear gas in Taksim Square as demonstrators chanted "unite against fascism" and "government resign".

Correspondents say the park issue has helped highlight unhappiness among young people towards the government and AK Party over what they see as creeping Islamisation.

Last week, Turkey's parliament approved legislation restricting the sale and consumption of alcoholic drinks between 22:00 and 06:00."

Turkey's 76 million population is made up of 1% Coptic Christians, 1% secular and 98% muslims. Those demonstrating consider themselves secular for the most part. The leader Erdogan, of the ruling party, calls them "extremists".

post #143 of 342

Egypt is falling into an Islamic Brotherhood abyss thanks to Islam. Foreign investors are fleeing, as Islam takes the political reins it always strives to hold. Now the US is warning tourists not to visit the Pyramids. If you don't want your daughter, partner, wife or any female being raped, molested or insulted, don't visit.

"Lawlessness has become so endemic in Egypt that the U.S. Embassy this week warned Americans away from visiting the country’s famed pyramids. An academic teaching at the American University in Cairo received an email from the embassy warning of “aggressiveness that in some cases is closer to criminal conduct… with angry groups of individuals surrounding and pounding on vehicles… and in some cases attempting to open the vehicle’s doors.” The warning lined up with the professor’s observations:

The problem is not only “lack of visible security,” but in some cases the security are either working with the vendors on their scams, or are sexually harassing female foreigners quite openly, even those who are obviously accompanied by their husbands. In short, if you visit Egypt in the near future, don’t even think of going to the Pyramids unless you’re on a large organized bus tour. Anything else is a big risk, for now.

The warning, emailed out over the embassy’s mailing list, was published the same day as a report documenting hundreds of attacks on journalists in Egypt. Most of the attacks, according to human rights adovactes, are being conducted by supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood."

http://www.thetower.org/lawlessness-blackouts-roil-egypt-as-u-s-warns-against-pyramids-tourism/

post #144 of 342

FINALLY!. A major political figure, Tony Blair, admits Islam is a stain on our Western societies...

Stark view: Tony Blair says that extremism is more widespread than most politicians admit

"Tony Blair today makes his most powerful political intervention since leaving Downing Street by launching an outspoken attack on ‘the problem within Islam’.

The former Prime Minister addresses the shocking killing of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich by going further than he – or any front-rank British politician – has gone before over the issue of Muslim radicalism.   
Writing in today’s Mail on Sunday, he departs from the usual argument that Islam is a peaceful religion that should not be tainted by the actions of a few extremists.

Instead, Mr Blair urges governments to ‘be honest’ and admit that the problem is more widespread.

‘There is a problem within Islam – from the adherents of an ideology which is a strain within Islam,’ he writes.
‘We have to put it on the table and be honest about it. Of course there are Christian extremists and Jewish, Buddhist and Hindu ones. But I am afraid this strain is not the province of a few extremists. It has at its heart a view about religion and about the interaction between religion and politics that is not compatible with pluralistic, liberal, open-minded societies.’

He adds: ‘At the extreme end of the spectrum are terrorists, but the world view goes deeper and wider than it is comfortable for us to admit. So by and large we don’t admit it.’"

Hopefully this is the beginning of a lot more honesty on this subject. We need to act before tensions get even worse and peacefully deal with the issues, so we keep our societies safe, and muslims on the straight and narrow. Well done Tony Blair.

The following is a video of the UK's Islamic (*Justice Minister(* from just a few years ago. That's right, Justice Minister!-

Info from Wikipedia-

"In 2007 he became Britain's first Muslim Minister as (*International Development Minister(*, and subsequently served as a (*Justice Minister(*, (*Home Office Minister(* and most recently as (*Minister for Race, Faith and Community Cohesion(* at the Department for Communities and Local Government. He lost his seat in the House of Commons at the 2010 general election following significant boundary changes."

Edited by Hands Sandon - 6/1/13 at 7:37pm
post #145 of 342

At last Tony Blair is seeing the light at the end of this dark tunnel we are confronted with now.Islam!

post #146 of 342
Quote:

FINALLY!. A major political figure, Tony Blair, admits Islam is a stain on our Western societies...

Stark view: Tony Blair says that extremism is more widespread than most politicians admit

"Tony Blair today makes his most powerful political intervention since leaving Downing Street by launching an outspoken attack on ‘the problem within Islam’.

The former Prime Minister addresses the shocking killing of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich by going further than he – or any front-rank British politician – has gone before over the issue of Muslim radicalism.   
Writing in today’s Mail on Sunday, he departs from the usual argument that Islam is a peaceful religion that should not be tainted by the actions of a few extremists.

Instead, Mr Blair urges governments to ‘be honest’ and admit that the problem is more widespread.

‘There is a problem within Islam – from the adherents of an ideology which is a strain within Islam,’ he writes.
‘We have to put it on the table and be honest about it. Of course there are Christian extremists and Jewish, Buddhist and Hindu ones. But I am afraid this strain is not the province of a few extremists. It has at its heart a view about religion and about the interaction between religion and politics that is not compatible with pluralistic, liberal, open-minded societies.’

He adds: ‘At the extreme end of the spectrum are terrorists, but the world view goes deeper and wider than it is comfortable for us to admit. So by and large we don’t admit it.’"

Hopefully this is the beginning of a lot more honesty on this subject. We need to act before tensions get even worse and peacefully deal with the issues, so we keep our societies safe, and muslims on the straight and narrow. Well done Tony Blair.

The following is a video of the UK's Islamic (*Justice Minister(* from just a few years ago. That's right, Justice Minister!-

Info from Wikipedia-

"In 2007 he became Britain's first Muslim Minister as (*International Development Minister(*, and subsequently served as a (*Justice Minister(*, (*Home Office Minister(* and most recently as (*Minister for Race, Faith and Community Cohesion(* at the Department for Communities and Local Government. He lost his seat in the House of Commons at the 2010 general election following significant boundary changes."

Wow, now quoting Tony Blair as a credible source to bolster your paranoid hate screed against 25% of the entire human race? You're on the way to hitting rock bottom... 

A major political figure... Yeah, whoop dee doo. There are plenty of "major political figures" in human history who have disgraced the world and humanity with their sociopathic, Macchiavellian power-crazed strutting. Tony Blair was just one another, albeit not as notorious as some; perhaps the British political system (with all of its faults) prevented him from going to where he might have in a less than democratic system. History will remember Mr. Blair as a political coward and a consummate liar. I guess one can now add "hate monger" and "racist" to his list of ignominious attributes. 

Blair's monstrous display of cowardice and treachery for supporting the NeoCon thugs of the Bush Administration will never be forgotten. His actions, fabrications, and lies, led to the slaughter of over 1 million in a country - Iraq - that was not even Islamist, and was not responsible in any way for terror attacks in either the US or the UK. Saddam Hussein was just another of your "major political figures", and he also presided over plenty of killing.... but he did by far his worst stuff when allied to the US in the 1980s.

To retain power, Saddam's government shunned Islamic militants. Since Iraq was sacked, raped, looted, plundered and pillaged, now it looks as if militant Islam will take over there... just as it has in Libya at the hands of the US-NATO-al Qaeda alliance, but also in Syria too - with the same unholy trio. 

Tony B. Liar goes wherever the wind blows. THAT will be his political legacy.

post #147 of 342
Quote:

Wow, now quoting Tony Blair...I guess one can now add "hate monger" and "racist" to his list of ignominious attributes. 

post #148 of 342

The hell with          Iraq period!

post #149 of 342

My ancestors were from Holland, so I'm especially glad the Dutch people are waking up to the harm caused by Islam in their country, despite the political class having done their best to demonise people who speak up against/about it. The politicians had better start doing what the people want, instead of the opposite, or they will be gone from power.

Here are the latest figures on Dutch public opinion-

"The Netherlands has had enough of Islam. More than three quarters of the Dutch (77 percent) believe that Islam is no enrichment for our country. More than two-thirds — 68 percent — say that there is enough Islam in the Netherlands. It is striking that a majority of voters from all political parties (from PVV to VVD, CDA, D66, PvdA, SP and 50plus) share this view.

A poll conducted by the research bureau of Maurice de Hond (the Dutch equivalent of Gallup), commissioned by the PVV, among a representative sample of over 1,900 people also shows other striking results:

A majority of-

55 percent favors stopping immigration from Islamic countries.

63 percent say: no new mosques.

72 percent favor a constitutional ban on Sharia law in the Netherlands.

64 percent say that the arrival of immigrants from Islamic countries has not been beneficial to the Netherlands.

Nearly three-quarters — 73 percent — of all Dutch see a relationship between Islam and the recent terror acts in Boston, London and Paris."

Edited by Hands Sandon - 6/3/13 at 6:26am
post #150 of 342

"Imagine . . . six acres of serene and tranquil landscape; the rustling of trees, the sound of birds, the laughter of toddlers, soccer and tennis balls flying as teenagers play, water splashing in the swimming pool, the sound of children reciting the Quran, the voice of scholars teaching students, and then suddenly silence and everything stops, as the most beautiful and melodious Adhaan calls everyone to prayer . . .

Front-View.jpg

--The planned GIYC (Global Islamic Youth Center) in Liverpool, Sydney, Australia--

"In what it says is a world first, the Global Islamic Youth Centre is trying to raise more than $6 million to build a giant "prayer, learning and sporting" facility in Liverpool.

It has already raised $700,000 towards a $1m land purchase.

The organisation says it expects the local Muslim population to almost double to 20,000 in the next decade and notes that a third of the population is under 19.

It also says it wants to attract youth from across Sydney.

The GYIC was founded by Sheik Feiz Mohammad and others in 2000 to "cater for the physical, social, educational and religious needs, especially for the youth and the children, in accordance with the teachings of the Quran".

Sheik Feiz remains the most prominent spiritual leader of the centre, which features a direct email link to him on its home page so students can "seek Islamic knowledge" from him.

However, the Sheik was exposed two years ago for having called on children to sacrifice themselves to Allah, describing Jews as "pigs" and calling non-believers "filth".

He was exposed in January last year as having told his followers in one of his many video lectures: "Today many parents, they prevent their children from attending lessons. Why? They fear that they might create a place in their hearts, the love, just a bit of the love, of sacrificing their lives for Allah.

"We want to have children and offer them as soldiers defending Islam. Teach them this: there is nothing more beloved to me than wanting to die as a mujahid (holy warrior). Put in their soft, tender hearts the zeal of jihad and a love of martyrdom."

He also said: "(Kaffir (non-Muslim)) is the worst word ever written, a sign of infidelity, disbelief, filth, a sign of dirt" and laughed about killing Jews like pigs.

While a new official Sheik Feiz site appears to be relatively benign, The Daily Telegraph has found another site created by the Sheik, and with links to the GIYC, called Faith Over Fear.

The main video features Feiz calling for Muslims to sacrifice their lives to wage war on the West.

The site has one official "friend" - a site depicting a man being burned alive for not believing in Allah.

The sheik could not be reached for comment yesterday."
post #151 of 342

A wonderful concept for  new members of the Islam faith.More murderers are coming to destroy the West.

post #152 of 342

Six muslim women kitted out with identity hiding burkas, weilding axes, terrorise shoppers in Selfridges, London. In a brazen failed robbery attempt, terrified shoppers ran for their lives as the followers of Islam ran through the store threatening to behead small children and sluttily dressed teens, whilst screaming "Allahu Akbar".

There demand for the piped music being played through the store to be be switched off, was immediately carried out by store employees. The manager of the store later told the BBC, "As soon as they asked us to turn it off, we did exactly that. If we had known it was offensive to any muslin, for any reason whatsoever, we would never have allowed music to be played in the store, ever. We're so sorry we ever did. Please forgive us".

David Cameron speaking shortly after the event said, "There's no excuse for playing piped music in stores. Our stores are for all the British people, and we must do better than this, and that is why I will be introducing new laws to ban piped music. A spokeman from GMIOGMD (Give Me Islam Or Give Me Death) said he welcomed Cameron's bold action in the face of fascist racists who seek to corrupt muslim women.

More from the BBC- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22811466

A twitter picture of axesBroken glass: The scene of a smash and grab robbery in Selfridges on Oxford Street in central LondonEscape: The burka-clad raider clutches what appears to be an axe while fleeing the scene

Edited by Hands Sandon - 6/7/13 at 12:56pm
post #153 of 342

I am sick and tired of all these dam Muslims and their throw back ways of their Islamic faith. Cameron should have these bastards imprisoned and let them rot to death in there!Then    pip in music of the anthem of Britain.

post #154 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I am sick and tired of all these dam Muslims and their throw back ways of their Islamic faith. Cameron should have these bastards imprisoned and let them rot to death in there!Then    pip in music of the anthem of Britain.

post #155 of 342

"An Army medic who braved intense gunfire to tend to British soldiers ambushed by a rogue Afghan comrade has received a Military Cross for “extraordinary levels of courage and professionalism”.

The citation for his medal said: “Shaw’s actions during that horrific attack were in the very finest traditions of the British Army.”"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10106566/Army-Medic-receives-Military-Cross-for-bravery-in-rogue-Afghan-policeman-attack.html

Army Medic receives Military Cross for bravery in rogue Afghan policeman attack

post #156 of 342

post #157 of 342

The Taliban are enjoying widespread support in Afghanistan and in lots of islamic countries there are large portions of the population that want to have the same kind of laws. They're even in the US, and in the UK they make up a growing percentage of young muslims -

Here's a special video to go with number twelve on the list - 12- Ban on women laughing loudly. (No stranger should hear a woman's voice). Accompanying video- 

The list of Islam-

Taliban restrictions and mistreatment of women include the:

1- Complete ban on women's work outside the home, which also applies to female teachers, engineers and most professionals. Only a few female doctors and nurses are allowed to work in some hospitals in Kabul.

2- Complete ban on women's activity outside the home unless accompanied by a mahram (close male relative such as a father, brother or husband).

3- Ban on women dealing with male shopkeepers.

4- Ban on women being treated by male doctors.

5- Ban on women studying at schools, universities or any other educational institution. (Taliban have converted girls' schools into religious seminaries.)

6- Requirement that women wear a long veil (Burqa), which covers them from head to toe.

7- Whipping, beating and verbal abuse of women not clothed in accordance with Taliban rules, or of women unaccompanied by a mahram.

8- Whipping of women in public for having non-covered ankles.

9- Public stoning of women accused of having sex outside marriage. (A number of lovers are stoned to death under this rule).

10- Ban on the use of cosmetics. (Many women with painted nails have had fingers cut off).

11- Ban on women talking or shaking hands with non-mahram males.

12- Ban on women laughing loudly. (No stranger should hear a woman's voice).

13- Ban on women wearing high heel shoes, which would produce sound while walking. (A man must not hear a woman's footsteps.)

14- Ban on women riding in a taxi without a mahram.

15- Ban on women's presence in radio, television or public gatherings of any kind.

16- Ban on women playing sports or entering a sport center or club.

17- Ban on women riding bicycles or motorcycles, even with their mahrams.

18- Ban on women's wearing brightly colored clothes. In Taliban terms, these are "sexually attracting colors."

19- Ban on women gathering for festive occasions such as the Eids, or for any recreational purpose.

20- Ban on women washing clothes next to rivers or in a public place.

21- Modification of all place names including the word "women." For example, "women's garden" has been renamed "spring garden".

22- Ban on women appearing on the balconies of their apartments or houses.

23- Compulsory painting of all windows, so women can not be seen from outside their homes.

24- Ban on male tailors taking women's measurements or sewing women's clothes.

25- Ban on female public baths.

26- Ban on males and females traveling on the same bus. Public buses have now been designated "males only" (or "females only").

27- Ban on flared (wide) pant-legs, even under a burqa.

28- Ban on the photographing or filming of women.

29- Ban on women's pictures printed in newspapers and books, or hung on the walls of houses and shops.

Apart from the above restrictions on women, the Taliban has:

- Banned listening to music, not only for women but men as well.

- Banned the watching of movies, television and videos, for everyone.

- Banned celebrating the traditional new year (Nowroz) on March 21. The Taliban has proclaimed the holiday un-Islamic.

- Disavowed Labor Day (May 1st), because it is deemed a "communist" holiday.

- Ordered that all people with non-Islamic names change them to Islamic ones.

- Forced haircuts upon Afghan youth.

- Ordered that men wear Islamic clothes and a cap.

- Ordered that men not shave or trim their beards, which should grow long enough to protrude from a fist clasped at the point of the chin.

- Ordered that all people attend prayers in mosques five times daily.

- Banned the keeping of pigeons and playing with the birds, describing it as un-Islamic. The violators will be imprisoned and the birds shall be killed. The kite flying has also been stopped.

- Ordered all onlookers, while encouraging the sportsmen, to chant Allah-o-Akbar (God is great) and refrain from clapping.

- Ban on certain games including kite flying which is "un-Islamic" according to Taliban.

- Anyone who carries objectionable literature will be executed.

- Anyone who converts from Islam to any other religion will be executed.

- All boy students must wear turbans. They say "No turban, no education".

- Non-Muslim minorities must distinct badge or stitch a yellow cloth onto their dress to be differentiated from the majority Muslim population. Just like what did Nazis with Jews.

- Banned the use of the internet by both ordinary Afghans and foreigners.

And so on... "
post #158 of 342

Omar Khan, Zohaib Ahmed, Jewel Uddin, Mohammed Saud, Mohammed Hasseen, Anzal Hussain (clockwise from top left)

"Omar Khan, Jewel Uddin, Mohammed Hasseen, Mohammed Saud, Zohaib Ahmed and Anzal Hussain had all admitted terrorism offences in April.

Five of them had taken a bomb, knives and sawn-off shotguns to last June's [EDL- English Defence League] rally in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

But the plotters arrived two hours after the EDL event had ended.

The men, who all lived in or near Birmingham, were caught by chance after a car being used by two of them, and carrying weapons, was stopped by police on the M1 after the rally and found to have no insurance.

At the Old Bailey, Khan, Uddin and Ahmed were sentenced to 19-and-a-half years in jail, with a five-year extension on licence.

Hasseen, Hussain and Saud were jailed for 18 years and nine months, with a five-year extension on licence.

Extended sentences, introduced in England and Wales last year, mean offenders serve at least two-thirds of their main sentence in custody. After release, they are on licence in the community for the rest of their sentence plus the extension part.

EDL leader Tommy Robinson and his deputy Kevin Carroll called out "God save the Queen" from the public gallery as sentence was passed.

Sobs could be heard from other observers, and shouts of "Allahu Akbar" - "God is great" in Arabic."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22841573

post #159 of 342

Personally I find the site of muslims praying to best sum up Islam; ugly and not giving a damn about anyone else around them. I'm sure many others find it utterly repulsive to see too, but it's a muslims right in a free Western civilised society. However, I don't want any of my family to die because an ambulance couldn't reach them because thousands of muslims illegally blocked the roads praying. I also want to be able to use the roads for travelling on. I also wouldn't want my children (not that I have any) to see the back end of these muslims pointing north. 

Here are some photos of the hideous practice-

Muslim supremacy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRsEX-snsZ2OR9cdkjdKV7i6OewmluPc9NeHFn6ju23Ln-i-uW111118_muslimsprotest.grid-10x2.jpg

islam_praying.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbNH4Ld4_GDH3MVjkZ_xWFehUHD5JBwNDhf9CIcsjEWfz4_K44paris-muslim-prayer.jpgPraying_in_street_327174867.jpgmuslims-praying-ilegally-in-paris-streets.jpgarticle-0-11945BB4000005DC-519_634x873.jpg8331811591_5c542bf506_z.jpg

893166025603_0_bg.jpg

6a00d834520b4b69e2015436b2a522970c-400wiMoscowMuslimsFillStreetsRamadan.jpgRussian%2BMuslims%2BBlock%2BMoscow%2BStreet.jpg

post #160 of 342

If only a word existed to encapsulate the deep struggle against Islam Hands is demonstrating in this thread...

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ISLAM WATCH