or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft Windows Phone commercial mocks Apple-Samsung wars to promote Nokia Lumia

Microsoft Windows Phone commercial mocks Apple-Samsung wars to promote Nokia Lumia - Page 3

post #81 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewGavin View Post

I also own the 920.  I made the switch back in November.  I have a Mac and I have found that just because I have a Mac does not mean I NEED to own an iPhone anymore.  I bought the phone i liked the best.  There are apps that I can download that I can upload all my iTunes content to the phone and SkyDrive puts my photos on the computer.  Will I go back to the iPhone?  If they make a phone that I like more than other phones.  I am not loyal to any company.  

I like Skydrive as well, probably the best cloud service available.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #82 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

A phone that is worse on every single metric than the iphone, an hybrid that is worse on every single the air does and on everything the iPad does, an OS that is a joke compared to the awesome plataform that is iOS or the greatness that defines OSX.

Best products? Shut up.

What? iOS is a platform? I thought for a second there that iOS is just a simple interface system that can make calls and messages and...open apps at the same time. Who knew?!

post #83 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsly16 View Post

What? iOS is a platform? I thought for a second there that iOS is just a simple interface system that can make calls and messages and...open apps at the same time. Who knew?!

People posting well founded, informative posts and are open for a mature discussion are the ones who knew.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
post #84 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

People posting well founded, informative posts and are open for a mature discussion are the ones who knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

1.) Vinho do porto on the head of someone that bought a galaxy tab? Oh boy, why would i waste great wine on a head full of sh*t?

2.) Best products (Windows Phones)? Shut up.

These are hardly examples of a mature discussion. Additionally, they are far from being "well founded" and "informative" posts. So who are those "people" who "knew" again?

post #85 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsly16 View Post

These are hardly examples of a mature discussion. Additionally, they are far from being "well founded" and "informative" posts. So who are those "people" who "knew" again?

Looks like you're incapable of weeding out some hyperbole here.
post #86 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by radster360 View Post

I thought ad was pretty good too! But no switch here!

There's nothing wrong with W8M, it's actually a pretty good phone OS. The Social Media, Cloud and Office intergration is defiantly more intuitive and advanced then what iOS has to offer. Like BB10 though it's just not enough to entice Apple and Google users.
post #87 of 87
I will be the first to say then. I think the ads were ineffective. I find that people in Seattle (both HTC and Microsoft) don't seem to understand that people in places like the East Coast or Middle America have no idea about what is going on in the Smartphone world. Commercials from HTC are just as opaque (blinkfeed digging and Boomsound "band playing backwards" commercials)

Most Americans don't know that Samsung and Apple own much of the market and all of the profits, that Apple users (in reports) are often seen as older, less tech savvy or that many close to the industry see the Galaxy S4 as a "one trick pony".

Some of the ad elements were accessible to people who aren't tied or follow closely the industry (like the guy frantically calling Siri to get info on Kung Fu), but strangely don't appear the 30 second spot.

Alot of my friends who worry about a phone once ever 20 months, they were like "I don't really get what this commercial's about". The scenes they thought were funny were some of the things that are widely known (ie: Guy with the Apple Tattoo), but some of the jokes were alittle too insider.

My thinking is that Samsung and Apple actually do a FAR BETTER job highlighting their KSP's than the Microsoft ad featuring Nokia and do it in a way that is more memorable and sticky. I bet if someone was to do a post mordem, that being able to relate, recall and find memorable are much higher on the Apple Apps ads and the Samsung grad party ads.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Microsoft Windows Phone commercial mocks Apple-Samsung wars to promote Nokia Lumia
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Microsoft Windows Phone commercial mocks Apple-Samsung wars to promote Nokia Lumia