or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Despite Apple's internal delays, iOS 7 'will ship on time' - report

Despite Apple's internal delays, iOS 7 'will ship on time' - report - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

You need to look beyond what you think your own needs are and see the bigger picture, because how many times has Apple proven you wrong about what you thought you wanted in the past?

Great post, and that's what you mean, right? I mean, a specialized pro user could know exactly what he needs from either hardware or a piece of software (from a ground-level standpoint), but think he doesn't care how it's presented until he's shown the Better from Apple.

The further away from that you go on the consumer scale, the less a person really knows what he wants from either hardware or software.

post #42 of 52

Just give me back the decent WiFi and battery life that the last update I used hosed and I'll be happy.

post #43 of 52
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

According to someone's butt.

No according to the inside source responsible for the information in this post
post #44 of 52

they won't ship until it's right, that's what good companies do

post #45 of 52
Originally Posted by Darran View Post
No according to the inside source responsible for the information in this post

"Inside" "information".

post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillio View Post

Then it's not despite of it, but because of it.

Despite "of" it? Aghhh, irregardless ....
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilly View Post

they won't ship until it's right, that's what good companies do

If only ... Most good and great companies ship products before their time; even wine companies.
post #48 of 52
What's "on time?" If it's ready then it's ready. If it's buggy, or not optimized, it's not ready. It could be another year for all I care about timetables, so long as they optimize it and make it faster and more efficient than the last two versions!
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

If only ... Most good and great companies ship products before their time; even wine companies.

Then why are you calling them good or great??
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

Apple's Native/Standard Apps have always been the backbone of the Apple Ecosystem.  They are the personality of OS X / iOS.  Don't kid yourself into thinking Apple is/was always some perfect, vanilla interface.  It's always been quirky, fun, familiar and friendly.  It's the GUI for the "rest of us" not the GUI for the hipster computer geeks.

Yep. I think part of the reason for that, is Apple often does things first, so they have to explain the very concept to the user, necessitating real world analogues in the interface. Imitators who come along later benefit from the fact that the idea has already sunk in to the culture.

post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Not true. Good skeuomorphs have a function. The function of making the UI more intuitive. They can include a lot of things including using a plus sign for creating a new entry, or a notepad and pen like icon.

Bad skeuomorphs have zero function. Like Forstall's shifting shadows on the knobs. It was done merely to look nifty

I was referring to actual application function.

And no, adding a plus sign to a button isn't skeuomorphism. A plus sign isn't a skeuomorph. A pen icon isn't a skeumorph either, it's just an icon. And a skeuomorph can't be an icon.

Shadows on knobs, that's skeuomorphism.

post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post

Then why are you calling them good or great??

Because they are
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Despite Apple's internal delays, iOS 7 'will ship on time' - report