or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Slow start for Surface has Microsoft cautiously prepping smaller next-gen models - report

Slow start for Surface has Microsoft cautiously prepping smaller next-gen models - report - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

but the company is reportedly taking a "cautious" approach after the initial models got off to a lukewarm start.

I never knew that "Lukewarm start" = fell flat on its arse.

I guess it'll go well with the lukewarm start of windows 8, Zune, Windows phone etc.

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You know, once I was even told, "It's okay, even if he stole the money from Apple. Steve Jobs would never have given all that back to the poor like Gates is."

You're right, Jobs gave away his money VERY privately. 

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #43 of 47
Wasn't the entire point of the Surface to have the full windows desktop AND a tablet interface in 1 device, so you wouldn't need a laptop AND a tablet, and could just switch seamlessly netween the 2 based on your usage? Well, not that this vision actually panned out, but wouldn't making a smaller surface negate the entire purpose of the existence of the thing? Using the windows desktop on a 10" screen is painful enough, and a useability nightmare, and they plan to make smaller versions? Also, Windows RT is an epic failure, and it doesn't seem like that horse has any legs. Microsoft is in a shitty spot.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

60% hardware failure rate, so yeah.

That was just the fist generation, my kids went threw two of them because of faulty hardware. The ones on the shelf now are pretty bullet proof.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Wasn't the entire point of the Surface to have the full windows desktop AND a tablet interface in 1 device, so you wouldn't need a laptop AND a tablet, and could just switch seamlessly netween the 2 based on your usage? Well, not that this vision actually panned out, but wouldn't making a smaller surface negate the entire purpose of the existence of the thing? Using the windows desktop on a 10" screen is painful enough, and a useability nightmare, and they plan to make smaller versions? Also, Windows RT is an epic failure, and it doesn't seem like that horse has any legs. Microsoft is in a shitty spot.

I happen to really like 10" tablets and Windows 8 is very usable at that size. Not sure what 7" will be like but I'm sure the UMPC crowd will be happy.
post #46 of 47
Im loving the reports on Windows 8 and tablets by everyone. 1 week its that Windows 8 isnt selling that well, but then there's a report that they achieved 7% of tablet sales in q1 which is amazing. At the same time people are saying RT was a bad idea, but now this article says twice as many RT surfaces sold than non RT.

I think the fact Microsoft never said what they expected to sell and what they have has just left every reporter clueless as to what is and isn't good and what has actually happened. The only thing that is fir sure is they still make massive profits.
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCProfessor View Post

A helicopter was flying above the state of Washington when an electrical malfunction disabled all of the aircraft’s electronic navigation and communication equipment. Due to the clouds and hazy condition, the pilot could not determine his position or course to steer to the airport. The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten sign and held it the helicopter’s window. In large letters, the sign read, “Where am I?” People in the tall building quickly responded by drawing a large sign and held it in a window. Their sign read, “You are in a helicopter.” The pilot smiled, waved, looked at his map and determined the course to steer toward the airport, where he landed safely. After they were on the ground, the co-pilot asked the pilot how the “You are in a helicopter” sign helped him determine his position. The pilot responded, “Well, I knew that had to be the Microsoft building because they gave me a technically correct but completely useless reply.”

That is sooo 1994
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Slow start for Surface has Microsoft cautiously prepping smaller next-gen models - report
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Slow start for Surface has Microsoft cautiously prepping smaller next-gen models - report