or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple widens lead in US smartphone market as iPhone nears 40% share

Apple widens lead in US smartphone market as iPhone nears 40% share - Page 2

post #41 of 43

"Great post that could've been greater had you posted a few links to the articles you referred to."

Fair enough. Hear are some articles showing iOS dominance in the manner to which I referred:

bit.ly/16EQc3e  Apple’s iOS continues to dominate with nearly 60% Web usage share vs. Android’s 26%

bit.ly/KA2HnC  Email Client Market Share: New Stats

bit.ly/10e3QmN  Mobile Email Opens Increase 123% in 18 Months

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Laffert View Post

Fair enough. Hear are some articles showing iOS dominance in the manner to which I referred:

bit.ly/16EQc3e  Apple’s iOS continues to dominate with nearly 60% Web usage share vs. Android’s 26%

NetMarketShare's numbers in that link are very much at odds to other web stat counters with more sites, page counting, no weighting by country, etc.  E.g., W3 Schools or StatCounter:

Among other differences, NetMarketShare only looks at 40,000 websites, and they only count each visitor once a day.  Meaning that if one visitor saw one page on a website, and another viewed 100 pages on that website, they count the same.  In other words, it doesn't actually tell us web usage, only # of sites visited.

Counters like StatCounter track over 3 million websites, and count each page view, giving far more of a web usage view. (The downside of that is it would also overcount browsers that tend to reload pages inside a website.)

Edited by KDarling - 5/6/13 at 4:40am
post #43 of 43
I know these numbers are from US, and I also know samsung and all the other companies combined have a bigger share in the market than apple, but one of the things people forget about that if u have a smartphone, but if u don't have access to the Internet it is worthless, a lot these smartphones that get sold , are in 3rd world countries, a lot of them don't even have 3G, and even if they have, only a few people can afford to pay, and probably it's the same with Internet from home, I guess we should be trying to find out the number of sales of smartphone in developed countries, these are the countries that most people have access to some kind of Internet whether its thru home or a mobile carrier
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple widens lead in US smartphone market as iPhone nears 40% share