or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung returns to targeted anti-Apple ads with latest Galaxy S4 spot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung returns to targeted anti-Apple ads with latest Galaxy S4 spot - Page 3

post #81 of 174
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post
What's with these fandroid losers in every thread!?

 

There's no…explicit… rule against hoaxes or lying, so they're able to stay.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #82 of 174
Originally Posted by Jtschultz93 View Post
How so?

 

[DO NOT FEED.]

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #83 of 174

I thought it was a great ad.  Not good for Apple, but let's fact it, a bunch of scantly dressed women catches some attention.  And then they show some neat features that are unique to the phone.  Gimmicky perhaps - I always laugh at the phone bumping - but the rib covered hands or suntan lotion covered hands not having to touch the phone has great appeal.  And the phrase "some smartphones are smarter than others" will wake people up to look at alternatives.

 

We cannot be blind to the fact that other smartphones are gaining features that at face value look cool.

post #84 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by egern View Post

You've got to admit, Samsung is innovating. You can certainly argue that Apple implements ideas in a more elegant, controlled and tight sort of way, but iOS isn't exactly pioneering the way in new ideas lately.

As an Android user myself, I pray that iOS 7 brings NFC capabilities so that technology finally takes off. Android has had it for over a year, but until Apple gets it, it just won't be that wide spread.

It's a sad state we are in if finger waving and phone banging constitute innovation. I say this as someone who does not automatically slam Samsumg out of ignorance.
post #85 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMacGuy View Post

The only Samsung product I own is a Home Theater system. All I'll say is I'll never buy another Samsung product again.

Chances are that you just bought some recently.
post #86 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtschultz93 View Post


A bit of a biased view, no?

I love tech. I've had three iPhones (the 3G, 4 and 5) and multiple Android devices (Atrix, HTC One X and the Galaxy S3). I currently have an iPad and the S3 for reference.

First of all, any app that matters, is on both ecosystems. Also, 600,000 may be a smaller number, but get real ..Android is not the other guys (Windows/Blackberry).

Otherwise, most of your rant is Apple blind. iMessage? Yeah, I miss that everyday now that I don't have an iPhone..(sarcasm) FaceTime (hello Skype, which works with practically any device with Internet connectivity.

Android issues mentioned..I'd wager you've never had one to know. Sorta of like the Android folks did about antenna gate with the iPhone 4. I never noticed that either.. So as an dually informed smartphone owner let me give you some facts. Malware comes from side loaded apps (ones you don't download from the Playstore). App closes.. The only device that routinely has problems is my iPad. Safari crashes 5-7 times per week.

Updates..the real reason I dabbled in the other side. FACT- IOS updates turn once great devices in to slow, laggy units. iOS 4 did it to the 3G, iOS 6 did it to the 4. iOS 4 made my 3G nearly unusable. These updates DO NOT improve the functionality of the phone but for one update.

Any Android device update makes the phone better or the device doesn't get the OS bump. But at least the update doesn't make the phone obsolete. Which is better suited to people like my parents that may not upgrade every two years.

Quit whining Scotty. Btw, the most useless feature I've ever had on any device...Siri

While I agree with some of what you said about Android, I would also disagree with many of your Apple comments.  I agree the app selection is pretty similar.  Its still true that many apps start on iOS, but most established apps are on both systems.  I also wouldn't miss iMessage at all since I'm not even aware I'm using it on my phone most of the time.  It is nice to be able to pick up a conversation on my iPad but I probalby wouldn't miss it too much if it was gone. I actually use Facetime quite a bit with family, but if it was gone we could use Skype.  While most malware does come from side loaded apps, it is not true that all malware does.  There have been quite a few cases of malware through the Play Store.

 

I disagree with your FACT about iOS upgrades. First of all is in FACT not a fact but an opinion.  My daughter has my old iPhone 4 and my son has my old 4S and both run iOS 6 with no problems at all.  The only problem we have with either device is the home button on the 4 is starting to wear out and doesn't always register a push, but the phone is well over 2 years old so I can't complain too much about that.  Neither phone is laggy in the slightest.  A co-worker of mine has the S3 and has admitted that it is starting to run a little slower than it did before and he isn't sure why.  He had a DroidX before that and the original Droid before that and had similar problems after about a year with each phone.  Also I'm not sure why the upgrade not being offered to an Android phone is a win in your eyes.  At least with Apple you get the choice.  No one forces you to upgrade an old iPhone to the new version of iOS but you have the choice to do so if you want.

 

As for Siri, while its not nearly as cool as Apple wanted everyone to think, I do use it quite often while driving and find it useful in those situations.

post #87 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

What's with these fandroid losers in every thread!? Man, these lowlife-forms just keep reproducing...... just when you thought that the waters were safe again after the DaHarders of the world got their asses banned, more show up.

I really do feel so badly for them.....

At this point I consider it as proof Apple has something great on the horizon. They are the croaking toads that sense the weight of the atmosphere pressing down on them as a storm approaches in the distance. They are scared. They are confused. They are frightened.
Edited by SolipsismX - 5/4/13 at 9:52am

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #88 of 174
You're right about the iPhone 4. It didn't cripple it the way that iOS 4 did the 3G. It only slowed it down a bit.
My response was certainly a bit too reactionary to the earlier post.

IMO, iOS updates miss the mark in several areas. 1) they hold back the progression of the OS itself in attempt to maintain older models 2) they're often misleading (the iPhone 4 doesn't have many of the "features" of iOS 5 or 6) 3) they're not updates with a purpose (aside form selling new software features on the new model only), which is to say that the updates follow a calendar based scheduled, say every June (reveal) September (release) instead whenever the natural cycle would follow. At the moment, tech bloggers are ranting about the release of iOS 7 running behind schedule. Who's schedule? Apple releases products, both hardware and software, when the product is READY. Or at least that would be the smart move.

I'm not a hater of any of the aforementioned companies. The competition is good for me as a consumer. Call me crazy (Tallest), but I liked Apple better as the smaller company. They WERE a company that attempted to make the best products in each niche each and every time. Now they react and attempt abide by someone else's timetables and guidelines more than before..
post #89 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

lol....you are proof of that! 1eek.gif

What hoaxes and lies has he made? You may not agree with his PoVs but that doesn't mean he's attempted to deceive anyone.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #90 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


What hoaxes and lies has he made? You may not agree with his PoVs but that doesn't mean he's attempted to deceive anyone.

Oh...c'mon now...there has been enough proof of his deleting posts that disagree with PoV in the past...it is common knowledge. I don't know why you always defend him..... If you want burden of proof.....then ask TS to defend his original statement. Why are you not asking for that Soli? Why is he not accountable for his statements? If he is entitled to his PoV....then so am I

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #91 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Oh...c'mon now...there has been enough proof of his deleting posts that disagree with PoV in the past...it is common knowledge. I don't know why you always defend him..... If you want burden of proof.....then ask TS to defend his original statement. Why are you not asking for that Soli? Why is he not accountable for his statements? If he is entitled to his PoV....then so am I

I disagree directly to his posts often and yet I don't recall any one of those being deleted. I have had posts of mine deleted and edited by him and other mods, but only when I've crossed a line or quoted another poster who crossed a line. I've never once seen him or any other mod simply delete a post because one disagreed with their PoV.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #92 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post
If he is entitled to his PoV....then so am I

Of course you are... anyone is.

 

But what is weird is the amount of consistent anti-Apple nonsense (from some of the same people) on a pro-Apple site.

 

TS is simply pro-Apple on a pro-Apple site. That kind of makes more sense, don't you think?

post #93 of 174
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
What hoaxes and lies has he made? You may not agree with his PoVs but that doesn't mean he's attempted to deceive anyone.

 

He believes the statements in his signature were mutually exclusive.

 

He believes he's entitled to lie as much as he wants here without being called out.

 

Just ignore him.


Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

TS is simply pro-Apple on a pro-Apple site. That kind of makes more sense, don't you think?

 

I've always thought that was the only thing that made sense.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #94 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Of course you are... anyone is.

 

But what is weird is the amount of consistent anti-Apple nonsense (from some of the same people) on a pro-Apple site.

 

TS is simply pro-Apple on a pro-Apple site. That kind of makes more sense, don't you think?

I agree with you......Have I been anti-Apple? Can you give me an example? I don't think I have ever been anti Apple.....

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #95 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I disagree directly to his posts often and yet I don't recall any one of those being deleted. I have had posts of mine deleted and edited by him and other mods, but only when I've crossed a line or quoted another poster who crossed a line. I've never once seen him or any other mod simply delete a post because one disagreed with their PoV.

Thats because you're his friend......he has been called out numerous times for deleting posts that directly contradicted his PoV. 

What would be awesome to have on this site would be quote notification. Maybe up near the PM notice. An email notice when a post is delete as well for violating forum rules..... 

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #96 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

He believes the statements in his signature were mutually exclusive.

 

He believes he's entitled to lie as much as he wants here without being called out.

 

Just ignore him.

 

I've always thought that was the only thing that made sense.

such as what? Please give examples.........

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #97 of 174

Samsung is a desperate cheap copycat.

post #98 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by genovelle View Post

the funny part is some features have been available on the iPhone for years. Bump is just one app with functionality like S beam. It only been out since 2011. The current version even works with computers too.

 

Every Samsung advert I've seen so far has at least one, if not multiple occurrences of "whiz-bang" features that the phone has, which they fail to tell anyone was on the iPhone first.  It's purposely misleading.  

 

This one for instance has the old dad being amazed that the phone can control the TV,.  Something iPhone has been able to do for years (they also fail to tell you that it ail lonely work if you have a Samsung TV).  

 

Any advertiser who puts misleading facts into a commercial should be immediately suspect.  People may not like Apple and may even hate the iPhone, but at least the adverts for the iPhone are honest. 

 

One of the oldest and first rules of commerce … "Don't buy from a seller who dissembles."  

post #99 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Thats because you're his friend......he has been called out numerous times for deleting posts that directly contradicted his PoV. 
What would be awesome to have on this site would be quote notification. Maybe up near the PM notice. An email notice when a post is delete as well for violating forum rules..... 

1) I like TS but I don't even know his real name, age or even the state he lives in so I'm not sure how deep your "friend" comment really goes. I like you, too, but I do disagree with you more often and know very just as much about you. TS and I PM here from time to time, but I PM more often with GatorGuy so does that mean I would agree with GG's points more often?

2) I stated that he and other mods have deleted my posts for violating the rules. He's even given me infractions so I'm not sure what preferential treatment you think I'm getting here.

3) Your argument that I can disagree with him because we're "friends" doesn't hold up since your assertion seems to imply that I wouldn't disagree with him because we're "friends". Also note that your posts on this subject have not been deleted despite you clearly disagreeing with him. Why is that? It's clearly jacking the thread and I'd have removed all these comments, but since they haven't been removed your claims aren't holding up. It comes across as someone that stands outside City Hall ranting about how their freedom of speech is being denied despite being able to freely speak.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #100 of 174

It was a great commercial!  I loved the ad though I still prefer the iPhone.  Just like that recent Lumia ad was a great production and hilarious.  Competition is good.1smoking.gif

post #101 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtschultz93 View Post

You're right about the iPhone 4. It didn't cripple it the way that iOS 4 did the 3G. It only slowed it down a bit.
My response was certainly a bit too reactionary to the earlier post.

IMO, iOS updates miss the mark in several areas. 1) they hold back the progression of the OS itself in attempt to maintain older models 2) they're often misleading (the iPhone 4 doesn't have many of the "features" of iOS 5 or 6) 3) they're not updates with a purpose (aside form selling new software features on the new model only), which is to say that the updates follow a calendar based scheduled, say every June (reveal) September (release) instead whenever the natural cycle would follow. At the moment, tech bloggers are ranting about the release of iOS 7 running behind schedule. Who's schedule? Apple releases products, both hardware and software, when the product is READY. Or at least that would be the smart move.

I'm not a hater of any of the aforementioned companies. The competition is good for me as a consumer. Call me crazy (Tallest), but I liked Apple better as the smaller company. They WERE a company that attempted to make the best products in each niche each and every time. Now they react and attempt abide by someone else's timetables and guidelines more than before..

I think the reason the 3G had more problems than the 4 is because there was a much bigger difference in the capabilites of the 3G to the 4 than from the 4 onward.  The power and capabilities advanced at a far faster rate in the early generations of the iPhone and other smartphones.  I think they've leveled off somewhat now.  I like the bigger screen  on the iPhone 5 but the real reason I upgraded was for the LTE.  Other than that I would have been perfectly happy with my 4S or really even my 4.  The one and only reason I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S was because I had promised my son I would upgrade and give him my 4 when the next iPhone came out.  With the longer than normal refresh cycle between the 4 and 4S I was expecting something like the iPhone 5 instead of the 4S.  I do wish Apple would have opened Siri up to the iPhone 4.  It is perfectly capable of running the software.  I was disappointed that they limited that in an obvious attempt to encourage people to upgrade devices.  Other than Siri related services thought, I am not sure what the 4 doesn't do that the 4S and 5 can with iOS 5 or 6.  I include the turn by turn with voice directions because that runs through Siri in a way.

 

I am actaully a hater of Google.  Ironically I like many of their services but cannot stand them as a company and refuse to use anything of theirs if I have a choice.  I don't like their policies of monitoring my activity in order to sell advertising.  Or giving my personal info to developers if I buy an app.  I think its deplorable.  Thats why I enjoy the Microsoft SCROOGLED commercials.  Its one company I don't really care about attacking another company I can't stand, but at least its bringing some of these practices into the open.  I am sure there are a lot of people that don't realize how much Google uses their personal info to make money.

 

Edit:

I do realize that smartphones are still increasing their capabilities at a fast clip, but I think they have surpassed the needs of the software.  In other words....yes an iPhone 5 is much faster than a 4S or 4, but the when you are using one the difference is sometimes difficult to distinguish.  And the S4 with its octa core chips is just ridiculous.  What smartphone app on the planet needs 8 cores????

post #102 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) I like TS but I don't even know his real name, age or even the state he lives in so I'm not sure how deep your "friend" comment really goes. I like you, too, but I do disagree with you more often and know very just as much about you. TS and I PM here from time to time, but I PM more often with GatorGuy so does that mean I would agree with GG's points more often?

2) I stated that he and other mods have deleted my posts for violating the rules. He's even given me infractions so I'm not sure what preferential treatment you think I'm getting here.

3) Your argument that I can disagree with him because we're "friends" doesn't hold up since your assertion seems to imply that I wouldn't disagree with him because we're "friends". Also note that your posts on this subject have not been deleted despite you clearly disagreeing with him. Why is that? It's clearly jacking the thread and I'd have removed all these comments, but since they haven't been removed your claims aren't holding up. It comes across as someone that stands outside City Hall ranting about how their freedom of speech is being denied despite being able to freely speak.

Thanks Soli....but all that still in defense of TS.....all about my one line. There is so much more scrutiny now about posts being delete.....I doubt he would delete one now. But you don't see him defending himself.....but you are. Hence the friend comment. But is TS still a moderator?

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #103 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Thanks Soli....but all that still in defense of TS.....all about my one line. There is so much more scrutiny now about posts being delete.....I doubt he would delete one now. But you don't see him defending himself.....but you are. Hence the friend comment. But is TS still a moderator?

Of course it's in defense of TS because I think you're being unfair in this instance. If I disagree with TS (which I'm sure will happen) it certainly won't stop me from speaking up as to why and how. My loyalties lie with finding the truth. In this instance and of course many others much of it depends on a PoV but I am still being honest about my position and not simply defending something because you think I'm more buddy-buddy with them than the other person. I really try to read and judge each comment as a clean slate which means I have and will Thumb Up and respond positively to posters that make a sound point, even if I think they usually troll the forums looking for a rise from the readers.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #104 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

I agree with you......Have I been anti-Apple? Can you give me an example? I don't think I have ever been anti Apple.....

I don't think I meant you.

post #105 of 174
It's all about the feeling. They had to cut through the perception that Apple was the coolest phone with the best features. These ads do it in a fun way and are quite effective. Samsung has a huge budget. I think Apple could further increase their budget and keep on focusing on the things you can do with their products and how they work together with music, photos, and tv/airplay. I think they should give some ad budget to Apple TV to get even more units out there and consider promotions pairing Apple TV with iPhone or Mac purchases to hook more people into the ecosystem.
post #106 of 174
Samsung owners can't say their feature os is excellent .. bcz it ****

Samsung new mobile os is Tizen project resides within the Linux Foundation , Intel and Samsung.
post #107 of 174
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
1) I like TS but I don't even know his real name, age or even the state he lives in so I'm not sure how deep your "friend" comment really goes.

 

Maybe it dates me, too, but I don't get that either. That's why Facebook in particular bothers me; these people "friending" people they've literally never so much as seen, much less met. It's a debasement of the very word 'friend'.


Originally Posted by jhart376 View Post
…consider promotions pairing Apple TV with iPhone or Mac purchases to hook more people into the ecosystem.

 

I think that's the opposite of what needs to be done. Run AirPlay commercials, sure, but do not do this.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #108 of 174

This ad remind me of this:

 

post #109 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

So is TS still a moderator on this site? Does he still delete posts he disagrees with? Have there been posts deleted in this thread? I wonder what reason they were deleted for and by whom....... Just the fact that I post a one liner about TS that HE does not even respond to....but you feel the need to take up arms really is interesting.....
Enough already....Please Soli if you feel the need to discuss this more....Please do so in PM....we have hijacked this thread enough.....

I think that ship has sailed to make this a PM conversation. If I think someone is being treated unfairly I'll speak up about it and whether you think I'm "friends" or "enemies" with someone has absolutely no barring on that. You keep saying that he deletes posts that he disagrees with have made comments that these are only posts that go against his PoV and not because they violate forum rules yet you have not shown proof of any of this. You've even discounted my accounts of posts deleted and infractions given when my comments crossed a line. Can't you see in my profile when I've received an infraction?

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #110 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

This ad remind me of this:

 

LOL....I loved those "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" commercials!

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #111 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Ruess View Post

At least Apple hasn't lost the youngest generations, the little kids of us old uncool people who still use iOS
My step son (9) wants a Samsung. Why? It says Samsung on the chest of his favourite soccer team. It's a foul world we live in..
post #112 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I think that ship has sailed to make this a PM conversation. If I think someone is being treated unfairly I'll speak up about it and whether you think I'm "friends" or "enemies" with someone has absolutely no barring on that. You keep saying that he deletes posts that he disagrees with have made comments that these are only posts that go against his PoV and not because they violate forum rules yet you have not shown proof of any of this. You've even discounted my accounts of posts deleted and infractions given when my comments crossed a line. Can't you see in my profile when I've received an infraction?

But you don't do that...I have seen threads you were involved in  where people are mistreated and you have done nothing to speak up for that person. TS himself tells people they are dumb...stupid and to just go away and you do not speak up for that person. Why? You said it doesn't matter who the person is....but you readily jump to defend TS.....

you posted what over 12K and TS what about 25K times and you said previously IF you ever disagree with TS.....you would think that would have happened by now...huh. Plus...I never said you never stepped out of line and had corrective action taken. I just stated you seem to take up arms for TS so quickly and adamantly.

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #113 of 174

Welcome to AppleInsider forums.

Please limit your interactions with others to:

1. personal attacks

2. accusations of bias

3. spontaneous expressions of allegiance to your corporate tribe of choice

4. list of gadgets you own

5. concern for your ideological opponents' status or marketshare

6. logical fallacies

7. rhetorical arguments

 

Remember folks, every post that encourages reciprocal posting helps AppleInsider make cha-ching. Keep those ad impressions up!

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #114 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

My step son (9) wants a Samsung. Why? It says Samsung on the chest of his favourite soccer team. It's a foul world we live in..

 

Samsung is better known by it's wholly owned subsidiary, "Omni Consumer Products" of Delta City, Michigan.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #115 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

But you don't do that...I have seen threads you were involved in  where people are mistreated and you have done nothing to speak up for that person. TS himself tells people they are dumb...stupid and to just go away and you do not speak up for that person. Why? You said it doesn't matter who the person is....but you readily jump to defend TS.....
you posted what over 12K and TS what about 25K times and you said previously IF you ever disagree with TS.....you would think that would have happened by now...huh. Plus...I never said you never stepped out of line and had corrective action taken. I just stated you seem to take up arms for TS so quickly and adamantly.

So I don't speak up every time it happens means I don't ever speak up for others? First of all, I have to see it, and quite frankly I don't read every thread or comment. Your input I generally do take additional time to read because I've known you to make good statements that are worth reading and responding to. I also don't speak up until I think it goes of the top, which I think you're doing in this thread, and which you've done on many occasions towards TS. You seem to really dislike him and I really couldn't care less about the why, but I do care about what I perceive as an injustice of you and et al. puling on a mod and making claims that I don't see as accurate. Based on your previous comment if you state that he deletes posts you think you can keep slandering him without fear of your posts being deleted because you mentioned it. That sounds like you're trying to push the boundaries — which I have nothing against in and of itself — but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit ideally by why you do it.


Time for Doctor Who....

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #116 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Welcome to AppleInsider forums.
Please limit your interactions with others to:
1. personal attacks
2. accusations of bias
3. spontaneous expressions of allegiance to your corporate tribe of choice
4. list of gadgets you own
5. concern for your ideological opponents' status or marketshare
6. logical fallacies
7. rhetorical arguments

Remember folks, every post that encourages reciprocal posting helps AppleInsider make cha-ching. Keep those ad impressions up!

Where do watermarked images of all the gadgets you own go?

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #117 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
 Can't you see in my profile when I've received an infraction?

I don't think that part of the profile is public is it?

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #118 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCProfessor View Post

A cult, nothing more or less, a cult.
Is it a cult when the object of worship doesn't acknowledge existence of its followers?
post #119 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

 

Every Samsung advert I've seen so far has at least one, if not multiple occurrences of "whiz-bang" features that the phone has, which they fail to tell anyone was on the iPhone first.  It's purposely misleading.  

 

This one for instance has the old dad being amazed that the phone can control the TV,.  Something iPhone has been able to do for years (they also fail to tell you that it ail lonely work if you have a Samsung TV).  

 

Any advertiser who puts misleading facts into a commercial should be immediately suspect.  People may not like Apple and may even hate the iPhone, but at least the adverts for the iPhone are honest. 

 

One of the oldest and first rules of commerce … "Don't buy from a seller who dissembles."  

 

The HTC One can also do this with any modern TV, HTC hid the IR part in the power button, which is why it is black on a white phone.

 

If you tap the back of a Sony Z on the back of a late model Bravia TV remote, the phone mirrors to the TV.

 

<yawn> Samsung is just so innovative, innovative with hype, that is.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #120 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndirishfan1975 View Post

Edit:

 

And the S4 with its octa core chips is just ridiculous.  What smartphone app on the planet needs 8 cores????

 

One that doesn't need LTE, unless you are on some specific South Korean networks.

 

Otherwise it's off the shelf Qualcomm quad cores, over clocked slightly (1.7 to 1.9 MHz) in order to boost their Geekbench scores above the other manufacturers (HTC, LG etc) who are using the exact same cpu.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung returns to targeted anti-Apple ads with latest Galaxy S4 spot