or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › I'm running 10.8.3 and the Mac App Store has ML listed with a "download" button?

I'm running 10.8.3 and the Mac App Store has ML listed with a "download" button?

post #1 of 4

I tried everything to fix it. I never did figure it out.

Just thought about it again now while looking at the Mac App Store and I said I'd post it here.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 4

There's nothing to fix. This is so you can download the file again and burn it to a disc/USB drive.

I think Lion might not have had that ability at first, but they changed things a while ago.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

There's nothing to fix. This is so you can download the file again and burn it to a disc/USB drive.

I think Lion might not have had that ability at first, but they changed things a while ago.

Hmmmm.....

post #4 of 4

This is especially handy if you want to make yourself a "recovery USB" using the latest OS. My ML recovery USB sticks drag me all the way back to 10.8 or even worse a developer preview.  I definitely appreciate being able to download the installer, which always has the latest ML version, and make myself a fresh USB stick at a time of my own choosing.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › I'm running 10.8.3 and the Mac App Store has ML listed with a "download" button?