or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's iOS widens lead over Android in US mobile Web traffic share
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iOS widens lead over Android in US mobile Web traffic share - Page 2

post #41 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Okay then you explain why the Chrome UA string is so wrong.

Why it's wrong/misleading is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

 

What's relevant is what it is. Which, unless my device is misreporting it (I wish. It would mean I'd changed the UA on my browser permanently. For whatever reason a permanent change is difficult) is what I posted.

 

If you're trying to figure out why it might be wrong/misleading, however, then if you think about what sort of device will most commonly use it, you'll be on the right track. Its primary goal isn't satisfying human curiosity.

post #42 of 90
Originally Posted by Robert Bray View Post
Why it's wrong/misleading is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

 

Isn't that the entire argument you brought up?

 

I got the impression that you think because it has the word "Apple" or "Safari" in it that someone would be stupid enough to call it an Apple browser and give "false results" to the number of iOS devices out there.

 

Was that wrong?

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #43 of 90
Data show iOS leads over Android maybe because iOS users are glued to their iDevices 24/7.
post #44 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bray View Post

Why it's wrong/misleading is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

How is it irrelevant when you want us to believe it skewed the result?
post #45 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bray View Post

 Its primary goal isn't satisfying human curiosity.

You're right. Its primary goal is deceit. 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #46 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleh1234 View Post

Data show iOS leads over Android maybe because iOS users are glued to their iDevices 24/7.

No. Haven't you heard? It because Google's browser IDed itself as an Apple's devices. I know it sound so silly but... 1smile.gif
post #47 of 90

Generally speaking, iOS users are smarter, richer, more successful and make better technology buying decisions than Android users. These iOS users are willing to pay for content, they are willing to pay for mobile data and they make full use out of their devices. This is the group that developers and others wish to cater to, as this is where the money is.

 

Android users on average are whinier, cheaper, dumber and more likely to have a third world mentality to go along with their third world Android device. These Android users are not willing to pay for content, they are not willing to pay for mobile data and they do not make full use out of their miserable devices. Many developers are not too keen on catering to this group and they tend to avoid it like cancer.

 

And perhaps part of the reason why Android is so under represented on various web traffic stats, is because Fandroids spend the majority of their time on Apple centric sites (such as this one), lying, trolling and constantly making ridiculous excuses for their horrible platform. 

post #48 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

Yeah, the sites seem weird to me. The browser is, by far, the most used feature on my phone (I average about 2.5gb per month on the browser alone) and with the exception of tumblr, I've never visited any of those sites. I would be interested to see usage from more well know sites, like Wikipedia, WordPress, the Google/yahoo homepage, reddit/imgur, etc.

They can only give you stats on websites that they have a commercial relationship with and have a script in the webpage. Clearly, Google, Wikipedia and the like are not going to allow them to put a script in their pages.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #49 of 90
Originally Posted by bleh1234 View Post
Data show iOS leads over Android maybe because iOS users are glued to their iDevices 24/7.

 

"OH NO I'M LOSING! I KNOW! I'LL INSULT THE COMPETITOR'S USERS INSTEAD OF GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTING MY PATHETIC DEFEAT BY CLAIMING THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN USE THE PRODUCTS WHOSE EQUIVALENTS I WISH MY TEAM WAS ACTUALLY USING!"

 

You need to leave our website.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #50 of 90
Wow, I guess I ruffled someone's feathers.
post #51 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


How is it irrelevant when you want us to believe it skewed the result?


What was done is relevant to this. Why it was done is not.

post #52 of 90
People denied this all they wanted but this kind of data didn't restrict to web traffic. When BBC released official Olympic app the majority of UK population using Android but the download on iOS exceeded the Android platform by a high margin. Almost double.
post #53 of 90
Originally Posted by bleh1234 View Post
Wow, I guess I ruffled someone's feathers.

 

Thanks for confirming I was correct!

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #54 of 90
Confirmation on what?
post #55 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbird73 View Post

I have a hard time drawing any meaningful conclusion from this data. How about all top 100? Does 'web traffic' include access from apps?

It means the people who are buying smartphones with the pointed intent of using it extensively for accessing the internet are overwhelmingly choosing iOS. It also supports the conjecture that people getting Android devices are mostly buying whatever the sales clerk are pushing and are mostly using their smartphones as feature phones. Further down the speculative chain, it feeds into the assertion that as first time smartphone users, a lot of whom are on Android, discover the utility of their smartphones, they decide to switch to the smartphone that works best and runs smoothly when their conract expires and this invariably means IPhone.
post #56 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bray View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post


How is it irrelevant when you want us to believe it skewed the result?


What was done is relevant to this. Why it was done is not.

It looks like Chrome is by default not identifying itself as Android because some developers have a redirect to stripped down mobile sites when they see Android in the UA which is not what users want to see. My first assumption was that Google was trying to gain access to iOS specific sites but it turns out it is the reverse.

 

Sniffing the user agent string isn't really a very good way to identify browsers anyway and the mobile stats should not be significantly affected with Google's default, claiming to be Android or by Chrome claiming to be Mac OS X (in order to be able to access full desktop version of sites). In either case it is not being identified as iPhone or iPad so the mobile stats should remain unchanged.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #57 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Sniffing the user agent string isn't really a very good way to identify browsers anyway and the mobile stats should not be significantly affected with Google's default, claiming to be Android or by Chrome claiming to be Mac OS X (in order to be able to access full desktop version of sites). In either case it is not being identified as iPhone or iPad so the mobile stats should remain unchanged.

Plus all other statistics confirmed with more or less the same result: that iOS users are much more activity-hungry than their Android counterparts. I don't know why some people still deny this.
post #58 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

 

Actually he is talking about changing the UA string, or perhaps I should say lying about changing it because that is not the default string. This is:

 

So are you going to be a man and apologize to the poster you wrongly slammed out of your own ignorance?  Or do you have no honor?

 

PS. Those of you who engage in personal attacks simply point out to everyone else, that you think your position is weak and you're terrified of defending your opinions with actual discussion.

post #59 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

So are you going to be a man and apologize to the poster you wrongly slammed out of your own ignorance?  Or do you have no honor?


PS. Those of you who engage in personal attacks simply point out to everyone else, that you think your position is weak and you're terrified of defending your opinions with actual discussion.

Common sense said he's a liar. Of course that's because we all think Google is honest. 1smile.gif

PS. This is only my observation.
post #60 of 90
I'm guessing someone with a background in maths didn't put these numbers together. It reeks of cherry-picking.
post #61 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Oh for crying out loud. People still bringing up that user agent crap? What is this, 2010?

As I've said before, changing your user agent DOES NOT fool modern analytics software, which looks at device makes & models, not what the browser reports. This is more garbage spewed by Android users who refuse to accept facts or evidence that show most Android users don't actually use their phones.

Well said... I guess to a point.

You forgot to add that a large majority of Android users are on prepaid plans, at least in Europe they are, this US-centric article not withstanding. Most of said POG plans are 1gb/month or less, the majority actually around 500 mb. This leaves just enough room for some app usage (Facebook, Twitter.... most of all WhatsApp) and email. Navigation and web-surfing: not so much.

The people that I talk to here in Germany don't even want to use the browser, and think that anyone that views anything with for example mobile Safari... is a complete fool. Really. The most used comment is it's too small. They are in many cases correct, since have you tried on the €150-300,- Android devices to zoom anything? Just forget it. Also, many sites haven't gotten around to optimizing for mobile at all... tons of ads, Flash(icons), nonsense links, etc... making surfing quite painful if your not connected with anything less than HDSPA or LTE. Also chews that 500mb up fast for absolutely nada.

Also, as pointed out by someone above, the metric/sites visited is just plain worthless, even in the US.

NOTE: just got back over the weekend from a week-long trip to northern Italy: Verona, Bergamo, Como and Milan. iPhones and iPads (lots of iPads!) all over the place. Not even 1 Android tablet spotted on public transport and/or places of interest. Incredible number of Samsung and Nokia phones... although none in the "Super Smart Phone" category.... those were all iPhones.

Quite a few Samsung Galaxy Aces (€129,-) and assorted inexpensive variants from the Samsung phone lineup, which seems to be 100 or more.

It should be noted though, that most of the hotels and restaurants we were at were of a higher business class cliental. Although the last night we were at a Novotel in Milan, where I was surprised to see 2 - 21" iMacs in the reception area that I couldn't resist seeing what was up with them in this admittedly budget hotel.

Horror of all Horrors: they had a Windows-based internet kiosk installed! DAWG! Was that ever painful to experience !!!!!!!! 1oyvey.gif I preceded to steal myself to the bar, order a number of short ones and talk footie with a Dutch Dude (iPhone) 1smile.gif Far better memory (or lack thereof) to go home with! 1smoking.gif
Edited by ThePixelDoc - 5/7/13 at 10:04am
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #62 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

It looks like Chrome is by default not identifying itself as Android because some developers have a redirect to stripped down mobile sites when they see Android in the UA which is not what users want to see. My first assumption was that Google was trying to gain access to iOS specific sites but it turns out it is the reverse.

 

Sniffing the user agent string isn't really a very good way to identify browsers anyway and the mobile stats should not be significantly affected with Google's default, claiming to be Android or by Chrome claiming to be Mac OS X (in order to be able to access full desktop version of sites). In either case it is not being identified as iPhone or iPad so the mobile stats should remain unchanged.

@Paragraph 1: So based on your ignorant assumption, you use a personal attack, and them imply a conspiracy theory on why Google has Chrome give that UA string. Both wrongly.

 

@Your second. Percentages are affected by this:
For example, imagine you've got 100 in column A and 100 in column B.

That's 50% each.

Now imagine that 50 in Column B aren't counted for whatever reason.

That's an apparent 66.666% in Column A and 33.333% in column B.

 

In this case, however, while we don't know how exactly many people are using Chrome for their day-to-day mobile usage, we can safely assume that someone who is using Chrome is more likely to be a heavy web user than someone who only uses the stock browser.

post #63 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleh1234 View Post

Data show iOS leads over Android maybe because iOS users are glued to their iDevices 24/7.

Perhaps the browser experience is so horrid in Android, users don't even bother.
post #64 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

That must be why iAds is so successful. Advertisers are more than willing to pay the additional fees that Apple asks to avoid dealing with those poor and ignorant Android owners.1wink.gif

Have patience. The tortoise wins the race, remember? Apple is the giant tortoise, while google is the hare scurrying around it's toes, always sprinting towards some imaginary finish line with little sense of direction or purpose.

One reason for the discrepancy in mobile usage is of course that android is a derivative, unoriginal product, and the vast majority of its users own the device because it was cheap. Another reason is likely that iOS devices have a long shelf life, and get handed down rather than tossed in the bin.

   

Reply

   

Reply
post #65 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

 

So are you going to be a man and apologize to the poster you wrongly slammed out of your own ignorance?  Or do you have no honor?

 

PS. Those of you who engage in personal attacks simply point out to everyone else, that you think your position is weak and you're terrified of defending your opinions with actual discussion.

 

When are you going to apologize to all members of AI for your constant subtle form of trolling? You are in no position to be calling someone else out considering the endless garbage you spew here. All very carefully worded, of course, but still garbage.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #66 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

 

When are you going to apologize to all members of AI for your constant subtle form of trolling? You are in no position to be calling someone else out considering the endless garbage you spew here. All very carefully worded, of course, but still garbage.

Whether he is or not, if you'll look at the context of this, you'll see that I am.

 

However, I know better than to expect common courtesy on the internet.

post #67 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

 

So are you going to be a man and apologize to the poster you wrongly slammed out of your own ignorance?  Or do you have no honor?

 

PS. Those of you who engage in personal attacks simply point out to everyone else, that you think your position is weak and you're terrified of defending your opinions with actual discussion.

Sure no problem. My mistake. Robert was correct. My comment said "perhaps I should say lying" but in this case 'perhaps' was not invoked. I did not directly attack him. My suggestion that there was something fishy going on was indeed fleshed out as it was Google who was the big fat liar in their UA string and I don't think I'll be apologizing to them. Sorry Robert. However, I think it is stupid for Google to do this as it only makes their platform appear even less desirable.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #68 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post


Have patience. The tortoise wins the race, remember?

The "tortoise" may intentionally get run over. 1hmm.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/27/drivers-intentionally-run-over-turtles-college-experiment_n_2371485.html

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #69 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bray View Post

 

For example, imagine you've got 100 in column A and 100 in column B.

That's 50% each.

Now imagine that 50 in Column B aren't counted for whatever reason.

 

But that is not likely. As both I, and another person mentioned, using the UA string is not reliable and any metrics company worth their salt would not use it. Instead, they test features supported along with the screen size for mobiles in order to detect the platform. This is a much more accurate method and the one that Google Analytics uses.

 

Edit: This is an example of a small generic non-tech type site using Google Analytics from today. You'd think if anyone is going to recognize Android platform properly it would be Google. Right?

 

 


Edited by mstone - 5/7/13 at 11:29am

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #70 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Generally speaking, iOS users are smarter, richer, more successful and make better technology buying decisions than Android users. These iOS users are willing to pay for content, they are willing to pay for mobile data and they make full use out of their devices. This is the group that developers and others wish to cater to, as this is where the money is.

 

Android users on average are whinier, cheaper, dumber and more likely to have a third world mentality to go along with their third world Android device. These Android users are not willing to pay for content, they are not willing to pay for mobile data and they do not make full use out of their miserable devices. Many developers are not too keen on catering to this group and they tend to avoid it like cancer.

 

And perhaps part of the reason why Android is so under represented on various web traffic stats, is because Fandroids spend the majority of their time on Apple centric sites (such as this one), lying, trolling and constantly making ridiculous excuses for their horrible platform. 

WOW, just wow.

 

Generally speaking, I've never seen a picture painted in black and white more than your comment....and your thought process behind it, obviously, is completely based solely on your own bigoted view of the world.

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Reply

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Reply
post #71 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

I am honestly not trying to be a smartass here, but my reaction to this article is "So what?" How does anyone benefit from knowing that the majority of mobile web traffic comes from iOS devices? What does it mean? Why would anyone bother to check?

 

"A new report indicates that Volvo drivers use their cup holders more than Mercedes owners." It seems like an utterly meaningless data point.

If you were to place ads on mobile devices, where are you likely to do this - on apps that are specific to iOS or Android?

 

If you were to develop apps particularly ones that access the web/cloud, how would this data inform you on the choice of platforms?

 

If you were a carrier, would this information help you develop data plans?

 

If you were Google, does this encourage or discourage you to/from supporting iOS with the best possible apps?

 

Just a few examples of "anyone" who might benefit from knowing ....

post #72 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

But that is not likely. As both I, and another person mentioned, using the UA string is not reliable and any metrics company worth their salt would not use it. Instead, they test features supported along with the screen size for mobiles in order to detect the platform. This is a much more accurate method and the one that Google Analytics uses.

 

Edit: This is an example of a small generic non-tech type site using Google Analytics from today. You'd think if anyone is going to recognize Android platform properly it would be Google. Right?

You would indeed.

 

Lets have a look at how this particular discussion progressed.

 

I said it would be nice to know what UA they associated with what device. Obviously if that was wrong, that was the time to point out how they actually detected each one.

 

The response to this was a couple of rather angry rant (although justified if it was an intentionally repeated annoying question. In my case it wasn't) that did nothing of note for leading a genuine asker in the right direction.

 

The response from me then was asking how it's determined (after I had looked for any other way of determining the device being used). Which has only been answered in that post there. For which I thank you.

 

For reasons given many times by people here, it wouldn't surprise me if Android users comprised a disproportionately low percentage of heavy internet users. There are plenty of Android based phones that are cheap/crap. Which isn't a problem with the Android OS so much as that people who buy cheap things get cheap things and use them less than someone who's buying an expensive thing(without commenting on bang for buck on Android vs iOS devices, which is an entirely separate argument)

post #73 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

I am honestly not trying to be a smartass here, but my reaction to this article is "So what?" How does anyone benefit from knowing that the majority of mobile web traffic comes from iOS devices? What does it mean? Why would anyone bother to check?

 

"A new report indicates that Volvo drivers use their cup holders more than Mercedes owners." It seems like an utterly meaningless data point.

 

I take it you've never worked around advertising or marketing folks? They live and breathe this kind of data. 

 

Your example of Volvo and Mercedes cup holders is a little absurd, but let's say you worked at an advertising company that was tasked with selling consumers on the benefits of a given cup holder design. You would very definitely want to know which group, Volvo or Mercedes owners, consider that an important part of the car owning experience, right?

post #74 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

You can't be that stupid.

 

You don't know me. You have no idea how stupid I can be. Don't you dare presume how stupid I am. I have levels of stupid you can't even imagine. Do not engage me in a battle of stupidity, because you will lose.

 

Still though, f^ck you for responding with an insult.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

- How about webmasters deciding if they should make specific versions of their site for iPhone or iPad users?\

 

A mobile version of a web site is not OS specific. Whether visits are from Android or iOS is irrelevant.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

- Advertisers deciding where to spend their money.

 

Advertisers should spend their money on sites that are popular. Whether those sites are viewed via Android, iOS or refrigerator door interface is irrelevant.

 

Speaking less generally and more specifically about THIS particular report, it only tracks ten specific sites so it's even LESS meaningful (if it's possible to be less meaningful than already meaningless).

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

- Software developers deciding which platform they should bring their new service/App to first?

 

So if more people are browsing the web from OS X than Windows, you should concentrate development efforts on your new inventory management software for Mac first? That wouldn't make any sense, because web browsing habits tell you nothing about app consumption. If you want to know whether you should develop for Android or iOS, I would stupidly suggest that you may be better served by looking at app sales figures than web browsing statistics.

post #75 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

If you were to place ads on mobile devices, where are you likely to do this - on apps that are specific to iOS or Android?

 

If you were to develop apps particularly ones that access the web/cloud, how would this data inform you on the choice of platforms?

 

If you were a carrier, would this information help you develop data plans?

 

If you were Google, does this encourage or discourage you to/from supporting iOS with the best possible apps?

 

Just a few examples of "anyone" who might benefit from knowing ....

 

I believe it would be a risky business strategy to draw a correlation between app consumption and web browsing history. I understand what you're saying and realize that it's just one data point among many, but it's really stretching the definition of "analysis" to draw the conclusion that iOS users are "more engaged" based on web browsing habits, especially when they're only tracking ten particular web sites.

 

Regarding development efforts aimed specifically at web browsing, that's platform agnostic and knowing the ratio of users from various platforms doesn't really tell you anything useful. Same with data plans, unless the carrier intends to offer different plans for different devices.

 

Again, I get your general point and obviously appreciate the value of knowing the market into which one intends to sell. I just don't accept that anything genuinely useful can be concluded from this kind of comparison. It's just belly-bumping.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkswamp View Post

I take it you've never worked around advertising or marketing folks? They live and breathe this kind of data.

 

But WHY? It doesn't tell a marketing person a damn thing. It's not an indicator of buying habits, it's not something that can be generalized to other behaviours (though the author of the article draws a flawed "engaged" conclusion despite the data not providing the basis for it), and it offers nothing that informs web development efforts. Marketing data is useful, but this isn't marketing data. This is a pointless "Nyah nyah" comparison.

 

For information to be useful to an advertiser or marketer it needs to reasonably isolate the measured data from unknown influences and irrelevant variables -- a less stringent version of scientific method with controls -- or no meaningful conclusions can be drawn.

post #76 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

Speaking less generally and more specifically about THIS particular report, it only tracks ten specific sites so it's even LESS meaningful (if it's possible to be less meaningful than already meaningless).

 

They may only track 10 sites but looking at a couple of my own sites, I'm seeing pretty much the same results. My two sites are completely unrelated. One is food related and the other is medical imaging. I uploaded the first one earlier in the thread and here is the second. See for your self, Android is much lower than iOS and these are super accurate as they are from Google Analytics.

 

 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #77 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Oh for crying out loud. People still bringing up that user agent crap? What is this, 2010?

As I've said before, changing your user agent DOES NOT fool modern analytics software, which looks at device makes & models, not what the browser reports. This is more garbage spewed by Android users who refuse to accept facts or evidence that show most Android users don't actually use their phones.

No, it isn't. People still do botch User Agent sniffing. I see it all the time.

Two quick examples:

Akamai IO mis-classified Chrome for iOS and Android as Chrome desktop, and Firefox for Android as Firefox desktop, for over 9 months. How do I know this? Because I emailed them and they told me. They've finally fixed their error.

The WPTouch plugin for WordPress still doesn't properly distinguish between Android phones and tablets, so I often get the phone version of a website on my Nexus 10.

Yeah, UA sniffing sucks, but a ton of folks still do it (and get it wrong).
Edited by derekmorr - 5/7/13 at 3:20pm
post #78 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

I still don't see how this information is useful to anyone anywhere. ESPECIALLY based on tracking only 10 web sites.

 

First off it's 10 popular sites. To create statistics a person only needs enough data to get an adequate sample. Finally, Google went down the Android road in order to gather enough data to sell advertising to businesses. Unfortunately, very early on Google determined that Apple users were doing the bulk of the browsing... far more then their proportion of handsets. Now, since Apple is moving to marginalize Google apps from Apple users, Google is losing more and more data (that drives their pricing to advertising clients) Google is working hard to make up for the shortfall with such things as "Chrome."

 

I don't expect that Google will lose quickly nor Apple win quickly, but the above information is crucial to seeing how the struggle for user data is playing out... whether you understand its significants or not.

post #79 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

[...] See for your self, Android is much lower than iOS

 

I don't doubt you. My point is that knowing that does nothing to improve your business, help with planning, teach you how to earn more money from home in your spare time or deal with the heartbreak of psoriasis. Accurate or not, it's a meaningless data point.

post #80 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by v5v View Post

 

You don't know me. You have no idea how stupid I can be. Don't you dare presume how stupid I am. I have levels of stupid you can't even imagine. Do not engage me in a battle of stupidity, because you will lose.

 

 

You have no idea how stupid you are. 

 

You are flinging you opinion out as if it has any validity since it's only basis is other of your opinions. 

 

Find a different thread where you might understand the very basics of what it is about.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's iOS widens lead over Android in US mobile Web traffic share