or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Foxconn looks to lessen reliance on iPhone, positions for potential Apple television
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foxconn looks to lessen reliance on iPhone, positions for potential Apple television - Page 2

post #41 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Where did I even mention phones?

You made a claim that 1080p was perfectly reasonable for any size display in the home. I pointed out that there are phones — phones! — with 1080p and tablets — tablets! — that far exceed 1080p and yet you claim that anything over 1080p makes no sense for OS UI in the future. I also pointed out that the iMacs are over 1080p as well. So if a device that can fit in a pocket or a bag can be at or over 1080p and understand how that can be useful for a computer display why can't you look at a much, much larger computer display where higher resolution is more natural and see how higher than 1080p will be useful on that OS UI? That's the real mystery.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #42 of 57
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Show me where I said that.

 

Well, I can't do that. I can, however, show you where you said what I said you said.


My point is that 1080p should be mastered before moving on to 4K.

 

Noted; your point is foolish.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #43 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You made a claim that 1080p was perfectly reasonable for any size display in the home. I pointed out that there are phones — phones! — with 1080p and tablets — tablets! — that far exceed 1080p and yet you claim that anything over 1080p makes no sense for OS UI in the future. I also pointed out that the iMacs are over 1080p as well. So if a device that can fit in a pocket or a bag can be at or over 1080p and understand how that can be useful for a computer display why can't you look at a much, much larger computer display where higher resolution is more natural and see how higher than 1080p will be useful on that OS UI? That's the real mystery.

Where did I make that claim? You and TS keep saying I made claims but neither one of you has produced one. I was discussing TVs. If you mentioned phones and tablets then that's on you. I never fed into that because they don't have much to do with a TV.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #44 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Where did I make that claim? You and TS keep saying I made claims but neither one of you has produced one. I was discussing TVs. If you mentioned phones and tablets then that's on you. I never fed into that because they don't have much to do with a TV.

I mentioned computer displays. You said that anything over 1080p is pointless and continually use Blu-ray and "TV" broadcasting as to why it won't happen. I have shown that it's happening on much, much smaller displays at which point you keeping chiming in with "I'm not talking about anything other than 'TVs'."


Apple TV is a computer.
iPad is a computer.
Xbox is a computer.
iPod Touch is a computer.
TiVo is a computer.

All these computers use displays for output, or input and output. It's true that the "best" technology doesn't always become the de facto standard but that's only if you look at limited aspects of why a technology is the "best". With UHD every aspect has lined up so perfectly and nothing else is on the horizon eve comes close that most likely result will be 4K as the next HD standard. H.265, 802.11ac, powerful GPUs, power efficient GPUs, professional recording standards, display technologies, and easily scalable display ratios are making 4K the smoothest, most natural transition we've ever seen. You can claim that UHD won't be the next HD standard but it's already happening and there is nothing else that fits in its place.
Edited by SolipsismX - 5/7/13 at 2:25pm

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, I can't do that. I can, however, show you where you said what I said you said.

Noted; your point is foolish.

Funny because Apple is the master at mastering things first before even releasing it. So does that make them foolish?
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #46 of 57
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Funny because Apple is the master at mastering things first before even releasing it.


Oh? They haven't changed the iPhone since release, because they mastered it back then?

 

I'm not sure I think a 1080p television from Apple makes much sense at all, but to say that the future should be ignored because the present "isn't all there yet" is incredibly silly.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #47 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I mentioned computer displays. You said that anything over 1080p is pointless and continually use Blu-ray and "TV" broadcasting as to why it won't happen. I have shown that it's happening on much, much smaller displays at which point you keeping chiming in with "I'm not talking about anything other than 'TVs'."

Ok so show me where I said that exactly. It's much easier to get developers to code their website or app for a higher resolution than getting an entire industry to start recording at a higher resolution and then have an entirely different industry transmit it.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #48 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Ok so show me where I said that exactly. It's much easier to get developers to code their website or app for a higher resolution than getting an entire industry to start recording at a higher resolution and then have an entirely different industry transmit it.

Every mention of Blu-ray or TV is an indication that you don't understand the discussion about computers, computer UIs, or displays. When you say that you can't have a "static" display in the home that is over 1080p and I mention my iMac you have failed to realize what is being discussed. You then changed up the conversation to say that we don't need any of this stuff. That's a really pathetic logical fallacy.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #49 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Oh? They haven't changed the iPhone since release, because they mastered it back then?

I'm not sure I think a 1080p television from Apple makes much sense at all, but to say that the future should be ignored because the present "isn't all there yet" is incredibly silly.

I was referring to copy and paste, MMS, 3G, LTE, and all the things Apple didn't put on the iPhone until they perfected it. And where did I say that the future should be ignored?
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #50 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Ok so show me where I said that exactly. It's much easier to get developers to code their website or app for a higher resolution than getting an entire industry to start recording at a higher resolution and then have an entirely different industry transmit it.

So who is recording and transmitting video a 2048x1536 so it's exactly the same resolution as the iPad? No one! Do you hear a lot of people complaining about the quality of their 720p or 1080p video or how pointless it was to get a Retina iPad hen there is no content for it? Again, you're limiting your scope to just studio video content which is foolish since we're talking about an OS UI.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #51 of 57
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
I was referring to copy and paste, MMS, 3G, LTE, and all the things Apple didn't put on the iPhone until they perfected it.

 

 

So it's okay not to perfect something because you can go perfect it later. Got it.


And where did I say that the future should be ignored?
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
My point is that 1080p should be mastered before moving on to 4K.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #52 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Every mention of Blu-ray or TV is an indication that you don't understand the discussion about computers, computer UIs, displays. When you say that you can't have a "static" display in the home that is over 1080p and I mention my iMac you have failed to realize what is being discussed. You then changed up the conversation to say that we don't need any of this stuff. That's a really pathetic logical fallacy.

And where did I say all that? I made no mention of computers, you did, and I only mentioned BR once and only in reference to the quality of video not the actual disc. I didn't change the conversation it was always about a 'television set' and it's limitations by being a device that sits in one spot all the time. You changed the conversation not I.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #53 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

And where did I say all that? I made no mention of computers, you did, and I only mentioned BR once and only in reference to the quality of video not the actual disc. I didn't change the conversation it was always about a 'television set' and it's limitations by being a device that sits in one spot all the time. You changed the conversation not I.

Yes! I did say computers. I've said computers all along. What the hell do you think I meant by OS UI? What the hell do you think I mean by App Store? What the hell do you think the Apple TV is? You're the one that kept saying that we can't go past 1080p because we don't have "boob tube" content for it despite my repeated attempts to show that we already do and that a connected home would be better served by larger and higher-definition displays connected to more interactive devices. You're the one stuck on shiny round discs. You're the one stuck on your cable provider.

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



So it's okay not to perfect include something because you can go perfect it later first. Now Igot it.

Ok so how is that ignoring the future.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #55 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Yes! I did say computers. I've said computers all along. What the hell do you think I meant by OS UI? What the hell do you think I mean by App Store? What the hell do you think the Apple TV is? You're the one that kept saying that we can't go past 1080p because we don't have "boob tube" content for it despite my repeated attempts to show that we already do and that a connected home would be better served by larger and higher-definition displays connected to more interactive devices. You're the one stuck on shiny round discs. You're the one stuck on your cable provider.

How did we even start arguing? I was actually kinda agreeing with you when I first replied to your post. Ireland thought you meant 4K content on iTunes and you replied "where did I mention 4K content on iTunes?" to which I replied "we're barely getting 1080p content now" referring to iTunes and it's competitors, and while there is 1080p content it's crap compared to the quality a certain player from Sony can produce.
Edited by dasanman69 - 5/7/13 at 2:57pm
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #56 of 57
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Ok so how is that ignoring the future.

 

I'm confused. Is your editing of my post an example of your "changing things in the future" mantra? Because it wasn't valid even without the "example".

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm confused. Is your editing of my post an example of your "changing things in the future" mantra? Because it wasn't valid even without the "example".

I edited your post to what I was trying to say all along, and what future? 4K TVs are already here, there's just very little 4K content and crappy 1080p content.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Foxconn looks to lessen reliance on iPhone, positions for potential Apple television