or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple Glass
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Glass

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

 

Concept I made of Apple's Glass if they ever decide to make a pair. As you can see unlike Google Glass you still have full 180 degree peripheral view and the viewer is increased in width because it's necessary for the viewing experience to be better.

And of course they'll be curvier in the front, because faces aren't flat.

Add a chrome ring around the centered camera and wallah.

My crappy Paint skills are not the best but you guys get the point.

 

 

Or they can go further and not put 1/3 of the components on the forehead and in between the glass screen lenses and around them.

And they will sell for 800 dollars at launch with a cell contract.


Edited by darkdefender - 5/13/13 at 1:49pm

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply
post #2 of 15

I imagine if Apple was dumb enough to make head-wearable tech that they'd just do rimless glasses (like Steve wore) using curved glass to cover as much of the FOV as possible. The temples would contain the tech, but they'd be as thin as physically possible.

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 

Well here's their patent on a pair, it looks exactly like Google Glasses.

 

Your idea works well I guess but getting people to wear them everyday would be hard to market.

 

Google Glass wearers are being called Glassholes by the internet right now. Imagine how many people made fun of the idea of the cellphone when it was huge. That Motorola brick compared to one of their Razr Maxx phones is a lot of innovation in time, and now it's not considered normal to have a huge brick cellphone.

 

I call it progress.

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply
post #4 of 15
Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post
Well here's their patent on a pair, it looks exactly like Google Glasses.

 

Sure, because it's a patent. They're generally as vague as possible in their designs, because that's not what matters unless it's a patent for said design.

 

Apple has a patent for an all-in-one computer whose reference image has the speakers like ears. They never made that, but the  patent itself went into making the iMac.


Your idea works well I guess but getting people to wear them everyday would be hard to market.

 

Hey, that's a hard thing to do for ANY sort of glasses thing, and with good reason.

 

Google Glass wearers are being called Glassholes by the internet right now.


Someone wants to talk to me while wearing a pair, I simply say, "Take it off." I don't want it in my life, I don't want my life in it. It's invasive, and the name, while crude, reflects the feeling.

post #5 of 15
Not that it matters much but Google also holds patents on versions with 2 lenses/displays.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post



Hey that chick is hot. To bad she is a glasshole
Quote:

Concept I made of Apple's Glass if they ever decide to make a pair. As you can see unlike Google Glass you still have full 180 degree peripheral view and the viewer is increased in width because it's necessary for the viewing experience to be better.
I don't think these sorts of things will ever become socially acceptable.
Quote:

And of course they'll be curvier in the front, because faces aren't flat.
Add a chrome ring around the centered camera and wallah.
My crappy Paint skills are not the best but you guys get the point.
If she has a phone number you should post it.
Quote:

Or they can go further and not put 1/3 of the components on the forehead and in between the glass screen lenses and around them.
And they will sell for 800 dollars at launch with a cell contract.
And generate so much negativity it wouldn't be worth it.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Someone wants to talk to me while wearing a pair, I simply say, "Take it off." I don't want it in my life, I don't want my life in it. It's invasive, and the name, while crude, reflects the feeling.

Sometimes we agree 100%. This is one of the reasons I disagree with the laws that restrict using physical violence against assholes. Giving even a scumbag the freedom to do whatever he wants just makes for a more miserable society for everybody. Look at how the administration in Washington is falling apart right now because they believe they are free to do whatever they damn well please. It is an attitude problem that people from all levels of life seem to share these days and that is you have to put up with my crap because there is nothing you can do about it. It is a very sad turn for our culture.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdefender View Post

 

Google Glass wearers are being called Glassholes by the internet right now. 

Apparently some of the early testers are "owning" that name instead of treating it as a pejorative. Even the ones mating it with an iPhone. Kudos to them!

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23glasshole

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

And generate so much negativity it wouldn't be worth it.

800 is still better than 1500, and remember when the first iPhone came out with a $599 price tag with a contract... everyone thought it was still great with only 8GB and Wifi B. They still bought it and then it was slashed to 399. Now it's worth 80 dollars or less on eBay. How times have changed in just 6 years.

 

It is not worth it today because we all know it's insanely overpriced and it's only one lense. In 6 years it'll be pretty normal to wear these kinds of things and only use our iPhones as keyboards.

 

Once the harsh criticism goes away it'll be fine. Especially if Apple does release a pair running some sort of iCloud Integrated OS and has the latest specs... Wifi AC, LTE, etc.

 

And here's something from the past... IBM Glasses


Edited by darkdefender - 5/13/13 at 6:19pm

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply

iTunes Radio - Apple TV with Wifi AC - Gold Anodized Aluminum iPhone - Mac Pro: September - November 2013

 

Reply
post #10 of 15

Apple is not dumb enough to hide their ways not to pay taxes and have offshore accounts screwing our government doing this.
 

post #11 of 15
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post
Look at how the administration in Washington is falling apart right now because they believe they are free to do whatever they damn well please. It is an attitude problem that people from all levels of life seem to share these days and that is you have to put up with my crap because there is nothing you can do about it. It is a very sad turn for our culture.

 

We can only hope that there are enough responsible people left to push hard enough to hold those people responsible for their actions, fix them, and start a new wave of intelligence to arrest the fall of society (and arrest the people responsible) before it's too late. I'd peg "too late" at the early '20s, but that's me. Spaceships have to turn around and decelerate at least halfway to their destination, after all… 


Originally Posted by marvfox View Post
Apple is not dumb enough to hide their ways not to pay taxes and have offshore accounts screwing our government doing this.

 

What was the point of bringing politics into an argument you don't seem to understand?

post #12 of 15

Because you think Apple is the greatest thing in the world.
 

post #13 of 15
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post
Because you think Apple is the greatest thing in the world.

 

I ask for a reason why you'd bring in pointless nonsense and you bring in pointless nonsense ace a reply. I don't know what I expected. lol.gif

post #14 of 15

I understand your attitude is not very nice i see to other members on this site. How old are you anyway?
 

post #15 of 15
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post
I understand your attitude is not very nice i see to other members on this site. How old are you anyway?


Either get back to the original argument or don't expect to have your point taken seriously.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple Glass