or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New York authorities ask Apple, Google to help stop smartphone thefts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New York authorities ask Apple, Google to help stop smartphone thefts - Page 3

post #81 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"Blitz mugging"? I think an openly armed populace would quickly counter that threat.

His "blitz mugging" sounds like your average everyday type mugging, I figured "blitz" meant many muggers doing mass muggings on a group of mugees. Kinda like when groups of favela kids swarm the beaches in Brazil and rob everyone.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #82 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


His "blitz mugging" sounds like your average everyday type mugging, I figured "blitz" meant many muggers doing mass muggings on a group of mugees. Kinda like when groups of favela kids swarm the beaches in Brazil and rob everyone.

 

I took it as the "takeover robberies" that have plagued convenience stores in the US of late where large groups of people will swarm into a store and simply grab stuff and run out en masse... A style of robbery that is so emblematic of the groupthink and collectivism that is dominating the culture these days.


Edited by SpamSandwich - 5/14/13 at 1:03pm

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #83 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I took it as the "takeover robberies" that have plagued convenience stores in the US of late where large groups of people will swarm into a store and simply grab stuff and run out en masse... A style of robbery that is so emblematic of the groupthink and collectivism that is dominating the culture these days.

Actually those types of robberies are old, I have personally seen them since the 70s, but they're not really that much lost in terms of merchandise, most don't add up to more than $100. It's done more for the thrill than of any necessity.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #84 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Actually those types of robberies are old, I have personally seen them since the 70s, but they're not really that much lost in terms of merchandise, most don't add up to more than $100. It's done more for the thrill than of any necessity.

If we consider the Mongol Hordes, Viking onslaughts, and German blitzkriegs these sort of attacks have gotten milder over the centuries. And the origins seems to be drug related as they are today if we consider the First Crusades and the assassins, which derives from the arabic meaning hashish eater. Clearly they raided villages because they had the munchies¡

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #85 of 85
I guess they didn't want their info in the cloud? Boo hoo cry babies. Don't forget there is insurance that covers lost/stolen through third parties. I bet they were too cheap to pay for that on a $700 phone. Now fraud on the other hand is what's costing the manufacturers money.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New York authorities ask Apple, Google to help stop smartphone thefts