post #81 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Are you willing to pay an additional $400 to $1000 per ticket to fund this testing? Flight testing is rather expensive and I know of no EMI chamber large enough to put an entire 777 or 787 or A380 into.

The real issue is people that are highly uneducated, like you, are making assumptions about things you know absolutely nothing about. These people also lack the skill sets needed to take their devices to Airplane mode and lack the will to stop listening to music for a small amount of their life.

I would love to have a $45 million dollar aircraft to do 1000's of hours of testing on but I don't think people are willing to pay the sudden jump in ticket costs to fund this effort. So lots of data is collected over time and analyzed and patterns are looked for. I have seen a small, but statistically significant, jump in some types of errors based on (what we think by timing) cabin occupancy rates. I am 100% sure of increased EMI related failures based on specific location placement within some aircraft. In time, this testing will be completed (Boeing is doing ground testing on this matter at this point in time).

This article is about a plane with 12 rows of seats.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.