or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV to get CW content in new streaming deal

Apple TV to get CW content in new streaming deal - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

It's an ad-supported service. Perhaps using (targeted?) ads to monetize mobile content in iOS isn't so distasteful after all. 
Relieved to hear…
post #42 of 44

I am so tired of this. And thinking about dumping my AppleTv box for a WD box.

When is Apple going to think about the rest of the world? When is BBC iplayer, itvplayer and 4oD going to appear on AppleTV?

What about services for the over 500million EU people?

post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca View Post

I am so tired of this. And thinking about dumping my AppleTv box for a WD box.

When is Apple going to think about the rest of the world? When is BBC iplayer, itvplayer and 4oD going to appear on AppleTV?

What about services for the over 500million EU people?
I've Said it before- Roku is light years ahead of Apple TV in almost all ways. Apple
TV is "good enough" (mirroring HBO go, etc)- but an app > streaming. It's just little things like that amongst others like no spotify, pandora (hate apples stock "radio" choices), amazon instant, etc. Apps would finally put them well above Roku and justify their price vs Roku instead of being twice as much.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #44 of 44
The significant thing about this isn't the content that makes up the CW, even though more options are better for the end user either way you slice it. The big deal with this is that it signifies the change in the cable structure. The CW as a network is a joint venture between CBS and Time Warner, so the fact that it'll be available without the need to authenticate your cable subscription is huge. I personally think having commercials when you stream content is a nuisance though, I would rather pay them $7.99 a month like Netflix and have it be ad free...but i'm still happy about it.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple TV to get CW content in new streaming deal